• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:57
CEST 11:57
KST 18:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)36Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7720 users

Witchcraft Mini Mafia II - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 08:39 GMT
#553
Ugh, I'm going with "too bad to be scum" with Onegu atm.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 08:40 GMT
#555
I missed that, give me a second
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 08:48 GMT
#557
On November 05 2013 16:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ET i don't think those posts you quoted from thrawn make him scummy. There is noone in this game who has contributed to the game in every post of theirs and his vote on me was perfectly reasonable given our interactions in Desert. If you accuse thrawn of being scum because of that i must say you come off as at least as scummy as him ebcause (1) he actually explained his vote and (2) you could have seen that the vote was totally legit at that time for what i said if you looked at his reasoning.

The last quote is actually the only thing that i agree is scummy and in addition to that there are more of those in thrawn's filter.

But, why are you picking some random quotes from thrawn's filter and make it look like he has not contributed much?
Can you do a compilation of thrawn's & gumshoe's contributions to the game and show me thrawn has contributed more than gumshoe has, because afaik that's what you are accusing thrawn of?

You don't need to contribute in every post, obviously. The distinction I made is that thrawn said he would do things, then did not follow up.

His vote on you was somewhat reasonable, but it seemed like merely a pressure vote and not an attempt to pursue scum. That is fine at some stages of the game but I still have no idea who Thrawn thinks is scum. Deadline is in 12 hrs.

I don't know why you are saying I look as scummy as him, because I have stated my thoughts on several people and outlined reasoning as clear as I can make it.

I don't think I was picking random quotes from thrawn's filter. I think that I picked specific quotes that I felt showcased how he is not contributing.

Posts like these show effort and contribution to me, even if I don't really agree with the content. The second post in particular is one that I don't see a scum gumshoe doing. Thrawn has not contributed as much as these posts of gumshoe's.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 08:52 GMT
#559
On November 05 2013 17:47 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 17:32 EchelonTee wrote:
On November 05 2013 17:30 thrawn2112 wrote:
onegu is town methinks

EchelonTee is there anything you want to talk about

respond to my case. since you yourself stated that you prefer to be the center of attention.


The list:

I was not making a list of who isn't lurking with the promise to attack lurkers. I wasn't even making a list of anti-lurkers. I was making a list of anyone who (including lurkers, obviously) wasn't committing to conversation. So the people not on the list includes both lurkers and people like yourself, who at the time I didn't feel like they'd done anything meaningful. The list even included some people who were borderline lurking but at least had made some type of impression on me. The only purpose of such a list is to hopefully intimidate people not on the list to dip their toes farther into the water.

Rayn vote:

If you've really gone through my town games like you appear to then you should see my rayn vote is very much like something I'd do. And you're wrong, I do give my reasoning and I do not regret having my vote on rayn. I think if you read all of my posts about rayn then you can see a clear progression of my read.

Everything else:

Sorry I just don't take the game seriously 100% of the time, especially when I'm bored.

LOL btw I looked at one of my cases you linked as evidence of how I can write a serious case, and one of my points against prom was that he wasn't being my friend. That whole post was kinda trollish, I'm kinda wondering why you used that as an example because there are probably a lot better ones to pick from. With you claiming to have done meta research on me yet you can't see my rayn vote coming from a town thrawn makes me think you went looking into my meta already knowing the outcome of your results.

You said you would focus on them, but I don't see any focus on you.

I did not do intensive meta research. I skimmed your posts, but did not skim rayn's posts. If I missed some huge, obvious interaction that shows that you must be town and rayn believes so, I could back off for now.

There might've been better examples but I'm not going to spend hours poring over your meta. I picked the first example I saw that looked like a real case. I don't see you making any real cases and your excuse is that you're bored. I don't know the point of trying harder if it's clear that you don't really care and are too bored to play. If you think I am scum, please state so instead of lightly insinuating it.

I'd like to know who you want to lynch, if you're not too bored to say something of use.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 08:54 GMT
#560
I don't get the point of trying to play well and trying to improve when people are going to self-vote and simply state that they don't care enough about the game to contribute. A lot has gone on and it should not be difficult to find at least one person scummier than the others.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 08:56 GMT
#561
I could go for Umasi. Let me re-read. WoS you still here?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 09:05 GMT
#563
Everyone should stop calling people town. It gives scum places to point their shiny, blue-tinted guns. Calling people scum is good enough.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 09:07 GMT
#564
On November 05 2013 17:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
I still don't think I'd go Sn0 today (though if he acts the same way tomorrow as he does today he's dead tomorrow) and I feel better about Umasi than I did so maybe it is thrawn.

Why not Sn0 today?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 09:10 GMT
#565
Can we get a vote update?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 09:30 GMT
#566
I think this is right

Vanesco: Umasi, WaveofShadow
Onegu: WaveofShadow, gumshoe, Onegu
Gumshoe: OO, rayn
Sn0: hzflank, OO
WaveofShadow: gumshoe, Cephiro
EchelonTee: Sylencia
hzflank: Onegu
Rayn: thrawn. Vanesco
Umasi: Vanesco, hzflank
Thrawn: EchelonTee

No vote (5): Sn0, Vanesco, WaveofShadow, Thrawn, Umasi
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:09 GMT
#587
On November 05 2013 21:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
TLRD;
(1) EchelonTee's reasoning for thrawn being scum changes half-way through D1 for some parts of his argument. When townies do this they add new content to their case. EchelonTee, instead of doing this, changes his reasoning for old content to fit his case better. There is no town motivation for doing so.
(2) EchelonTee does "skim through player's filter from another game" without actually even skimming through it. There is no town motivation to go into other player's filter from another game and then do nothing there.
[u](3) EchelonTee when being called out for his case says "prove to me he is town". This is not how the game works and everyone should know this. This is a justification to sit on his vote when he can't actually prove (as it seems) thrawn is scum because nobody can possibly prove thrawn is town at this stage of the game.
(4) EchelonTee is not paying attention and making up stuff on the fly. This has been proven by many things. His filter skim, his change of reasoning, his answer to my gumshoe case, him asking people's opinions on his case on thrawn and when people give them he misses it.

None of those things i can see a townie doing in any situation.

Fuck the meta analysis. Fine my case was shit, I didn't know that thrawn was smurfing that game. I already indicated I would back away from my case if I had made a mistake
On November 05 2013 17:52 EchelonTee wrote:I did not do intensive meta research. I skimmed your posts, but did not skim rayn's posts. If I missed some huge, obvious interaction that shows that you must be town and rayn believes so, I could back off for now.
so I think it's completely messed up that you are arguing I am twisting information when I am trying to be as reasonable as possible.

I can't believe that you are trying to push a lynch on me at this stage in the game when there is almost no chance I will be lynched. You are contributing to a no-lynch and had better get off of me right now.

My main point about thrawn has always been that he didn't do anything, which he himself acknowledges. I guess that's fine in Mafia these days. Vote people who are trying to do things and ignore people who do nothing.

I am paying attention and am not making up things on the fly. I'm extremely, extremely insulted that you claim so. Compare my 1:1 with other players to the game and seriously, I'm the one who isn't paying attention to thread? I'm the most scummy to you? I don't even know what to say. I disagree that gumshoe's interactions/contributions are fake, and therefore I'm scum. Seriously.

##Unvote

aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:16 GMT
#591
On November 05 2013 18:07 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 17:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
I still don't think I'd go Sn0 today (though if he acts the same way tomorrow as he does today he's dead tomorrow) and I feel better about Umasi than I did so maybe it is thrawn.

Why not Sn0 today?

aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:16 GMT
#593
holy fuck stop calling me town don't fucking vote me as blue holy shit
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:31 GMT
#599
On November 06 2013 02:36 Sn0_Man wrote:
Last game I gave him a townread for something and he said stuff like "don't give me a townread for that" and shit. Maybe not full martyr but the mindset is the same. Its "Would scum throw away "towncred" like this? Would scum call attention to themselves like this? Of course not". Its how Onegu plays.

I'll admit that I often get the same vibes from his townplay and in general I have real difficulty reading Onegu, but I'd argue that that makes him a serious liability to have moving into the late game. And he hasn't done anything to make me think he's town.

I mean, if he IS town, then he wants to die so we should oblige him and solve that questionmark. If he is scum, then we lynch scum. It feels like the right move right now.

Besides what townie ever self votes except in frustration? This wasn't frustration it was "look at me I'm so cooperative and want town to win" yeah right.

I have seen scum self-martyr (that nuke game? forgot the name, where gonzaw owned VE and BH with nukes), I think one of my scum-mates in that game was super fucking scummy but people said "oh mafia wouldn't completely give up" or something like that.

However I don't see a parallel with "don't give me towncred" and "kill me guys, I'm better dead". Those two things seem completely different in terms of scale.

I just don't get why he would give up though. He only had like 2 votes on him when he self-voted. It's just so weird.

.................................now that I think about it more, a scum Onegu that is legitimately in the hospital and has no time to vote; parking the vote on self seems like a decent way to avoid making up a case. but why wouldnt he just random vote?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:37 GMT
#601
On November 05 2013 05:01 Sn0_Man wrote:
OO's awful paranoid or something.

Though rayn was being oblivious and threatening votes for bad reasons. OO still overreacted pretty hard.

Thoughts?

This was your post.

On November 05 2013 04:56 ObviousOne wrote:
Rayn that's a pretty shit thing to get hung up about considering it has zero bearing on this game at all, only has anything at all to do with my ability to read WoS as scum.

I think you were referencing this. OO did not sound paranoid or afraid at all.

That's why your post was so weird.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:40 GMT
#604
Where's the sheeping? Where's this "easy wagon" on sn0? The dude only ever has had 2 votes!!!
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:41 GMT
#606
On November 06 2013 03:38 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2013 03:31 EchelonTee wrote:
On November 06 2013 02:36 Sn0_Man wrote:
Last game I gave him a townread for something and he said stuff like "don't give me a townread for that" and shit. Maybe not full martyr but the mindset is the same. Its "Would scum throw away "towncred" like this? Would scum call attention to themselves like this? Of course not". Its how Onegu plays.

I'll admit that I often get the same vibes from his townplay and in general I have real difficulty reading Onegu, but I'd argue that that makes him a serious liability to have moving into the late game. And he hasn't done anything to make me think he's town.

I mean, if he IS town, then he wants to die so we should oblige him and solve that questionmark. If he is scum, then we lynch scum. It feels like the right move right now.

Besides what townie ever self votes except in frustration? This wasn't frustration it was "look at me I'm so cooperative and want town to win" yeah right.

I have seen scum self-martyr (that nuke game? forgot the name, where gonzaw owned VE and BH with nukes), I think one of my scum-mates in that game was super fucking scummy but people said "oh mafia wouldn't completely give up" or something like that.

However I don't see a parallel with "don't give me towncred" and "kill me guys, I'm better dead". Those two things seem completely different in terms of scale.

I just don't get why he would give up though. He only had like 2 votes on him when he self-voted. It's just so weird.

.................................now that I think about it more, a scum Onegu that is legitimately in the hospital and has no time to vote; parking the vote on self seems like a decent way to avoid making up a case. but why wouldnt he just random vote?


Yes, scum can martyr but don't town do it way more often? another reason I have to believe Onegu is because of the way he spilled all his reads right before his vote.
That's a good fucking point. If he was self-voting to get out of doing shit I imagine he would've just self-voted and said "deuces". Onegu isn't getting lynched today get off of him people.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:46 GMT
#609
Well its nice that you're

1) around
2) talking to people

That's not necessarily alignment indicative but it would be really, really easy to just lurk as scum

I guess we're not killing sn0 today

still mulling over cephiro's post. I have it firmly ingrained in my mind that no-lynches are bad, still thinking about it though
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 18:51 GMT
#612
pros to no lynch -

potential (not-guaranteed) extra day of three blues
scum has 1 extra target

cons -

less information than a lynch (a lynch gives more information than a no-lynch, self-explanatory)
0 chance of killing scum

I don't think we will have more direction tomorrow unless we get extremely lucky dodging bullets and making good actions. I don't think a no-lynch is a good idea.

I could get on board with hzflank. reading him through
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 05 2013 19:05 GMT
#621
no, rayn has not posted anything since I came back to thread
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1608
Bisu 827
BeSt 368
Horang2 341
Hyuk 268
actioN 223
Jaedong 178
Zeus 159
Leta 152
EffOrt 144
[ Show more ]
Light 120
ZerO 80
Soma 78
Shinee 46
Mind 43
Mong 40
soO 33
Killer 32
Aegong 30
Pusan 29
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 22
PianO 19
hero 18
Terrorterran 15
sorry 14
Sharp 12
Rush 11
JulyZerg 10
HiyA 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe158
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1239
shoxiejesuss905
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
Other Games
gofns33472
summit1g8251
singsing1531
ceh9655
crisheroes303
XBOCT242
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS105
Livibee99
ZerO(Twitch)13
QueenE0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH268
• LUISG 23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos2053
• Rush1278
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4m
OSC
3h 4m
Stellar Fest
3h 4m
OSC
14h 4m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.