• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)21Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10439 users

Witchcraft Mini Mafia II

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 02 2013 22:42 GMT
#39
/in

hey gumshoe. I remember you for when you made that poll that one time
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 01:11 GMT
#52
glhf
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 05:08 GMT
#65
This game looks really hard.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 05:25 GMT
#67
What?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 19:22 GMT
#78
I'm hyped
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 22:29 GMT
#103
Hello
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 22:31 GMT
#105
On November 04 2013 07:30 hzflank wrote:
Relish it while it lasts. I don't anticipate a quiet or passive game.

Why is that?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 22:34 GMT
#107
Which game was that? I'd like to read it.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 03 2013 23:39 GMT
#112
On November 04 2013 07:13 thrawn2112 wrote:
well it's definitely not a tuesday thing

What?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 00:22 GMT
#116
On November 04 2013 08:53 Sylencia wrote:
So to anyone who was in the original game, other than our usual win-con, what else should we be looking at in terms of how Witchcraft works?

Kind of strange to say "ususual win-con" as opposed to just "other than our win-con".

How do YOU think Witchcraft should be handled?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 02:48 GMT
#143
On November 04 2013 09:22 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 08:53 Sylencia wrote:
So to anyone who was in the original game, other than our usual win-con, what else should we be looking at in terms of how Witchcraft works?

Kind of strange to say "ususual win-con" as opposed to just "other than our win-con".

How do YOU think Witchcraft should be handled?

On November 04 2013 10:07 Sylencia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 09:50 Vanesco wrote:
On November 04 2013 08:53 Sylencia wrote:
So to anyone who was in the original game, other than our usual win-con, what else should we be looking at in terms of how Witchcraft works?

I don't really like this. You don't really put effort in to even cross-check the players from the last game (of witchcraft) which is really simple to do. The only player to play in the last one is Thrawn who was shot night 1. But I think that is not very relevant since each game can turn out different. I think you should come to your own conclusions on how to play this themed game instead of hoping others tell you how to play. It just seems like your not willing to put the effort in to even try to solve this game for yourself. It's also very dangerous to discuss strategy because scum can see everything also and can use that against town. I'm of the opinion that everybody should play the way THEY think is the correct way to play.


Relax there.

Anyone who's played with me before nows I'm at work during these hours - though lazy on my part I don't have the time to extensively browse through the past to find all the information I want. In any case I wasn't asking "how to win guys", it was more of a "were there any traps which caused trouble for town that we should look out for" but since there's an entirely new cast of players pretty much there's not really any answers to give unless someone here obsed the last game and can remember it.

If you have the time to write that paragraph, you have time to answer my question. Why won't you discuss your thoughts on Witchcraft, and only spend time defending yourself?

I disagree with people claiming actions, because if I voted someone as a blue and they avoided the blue-vig, I'd like to continue voting them.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 04:41 GMT
#176
On November 04 2013 12:00 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 11:48 EchelonTee wrote:
On November 04 2013 09:22 EchelonTee wrote:
On November 04 2013 08:53 Sylencia wrote:
So to anyone who was in the original game, other than our usual win-con, what else should we be looking at in terms of how Witchcraft works?

Kind of strange to say "ususual win-con" as opposed to just "other than our win-con".

How do YOU think Witchcraft should be handled?

On November 04 2013 10:07 Sylencia wrote:
On November 04 2013 09:50 Vanesco wrote:
On November 04 2013 08:53 Sylencia wrote:
So to anyone who was in the original game, other than our usual win-con, what else should we be looking at in terms of how Witchcraft works?

I don't really like this. You don't really put effort in to even cross-check the players from the last game (of witchcraft) which is really simple to do. The only player to play in the last one is Thrawn who was shot night 1. But I think that is not very relevant since each game can turn out different. I think you should come to your own conclusions on how to play this themed game instead of hoping others tell you how to play. It just seems like your not willing to put the effort in to even try to solve this game for yourself. It's also very dangerous to discuss strategy because scum can see everything also and can use that against town. I'm of the opinion that everybody should play the way THEY think is the correct way to play.


Relax there.

Anyone who's played with me before nows I'm at work during these hours - though lazy on my part I don't have the time to extensively browse through the past to find all the information I want. In any case I wasn't asking "how to win guys", it was more of a "were there any traps which caused trouble for town that we should look out for" but since there's an entirely new cast of players pretty much there's not really any answers to give unless someone here obsed the last game and can remember it.

If you have the time to write that paragraph, you have time to answer my question. Why won't you discuss your thoughts on Witchcraft, and only spend time defending yourself?

I disagree with people claiming actions, because if I voted someone as a blue and they avoided the blue-vig, I'd like to continue voting them.

If you put Syl on the defensive by attacking for activity you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of his lynch. That's just how it works with Syl. Try seeing what Syl does proactively first before you go all bat-shit with this. If you don't know Syl's MO then I'll make it one sentence for you: both alignments he ends up defending his activity to death and never gets the chance to do actual scum hunting. Therefore by leaving Syl to his devices you will more quickly get a feel for mindset and goals than cornering him.

This is specific to Syl only but you can check out some past games to see what I mean. A scum one was This Town Ain't Big Enough mafia if I recall correctly.

Please don't make it harder than it needs to be to get a read on Syl.

I'm asking simple questions, not going all bat-shit. Please don't misrepresent me.

I am not attacking based off of a lack of activity. I am pointing out that if Syl had the chance to write those lines, he had the time to respond to a simple question.

I'm not going to baby someone; that's simply disrespectful.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 04:46 GMT
#179
On November 04 2013 13:44 Vanesco wrote:
I'm having a really big scum read on Umasi currently. As explained before, in his first post I think only consists of 1 real accusation which is that I do not like talking about strategy since scum can meta it. To me it seems that he wants town to discuss strategy which leads me to the two most likely conclusions.
1) He doesn't know what to do, usually means a weak town and can be tricked easily by scum, or
2) mafia that wants to know the towns plans and how to use it against them
His only other post is him making a joke at somebody who thinks he's scum and then saying that I didn't pressure Syl hard (which I explain in the paragraph above). He then talks about how I don't like to talk about strategy which I explain why above. He mistakenly calls strategy "mechanics" when they are completely different things (in my opinion). I view mechanics as the rules of the game where strategy is how to play the game. I don't know if this is just me but it seems like he wants to blame that I'm not allowing people to discuss the rules of the game when infact I just don't like when people discuss the strategy they are going to use.

I don't like him. Where's the vote?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 05:38 GMT
#190
On November 04 2013 12:47 thrawn2112 wrote:
i'm out for a bit...fairly bland start so far

PSA: it is Nov 04 2013 which means I'm wearing a special hat for special people so I will likely NOT be sober at any given moment over the next 24-ish hrs

I don't see anything blatantly scummy atm, but I do want to throw this list out there:

rayn
WoS
Sylencia
OO
Vanesco
Umasi

if you aren't on this list then that means you either haven't posted, or you haven't posted anything memorable and as such you will be who I focus on first upon returning to the thread.

So you are advocating a lurker lynch.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 05:44 GMT
#191
Cool it Onegu. He said that he didn't mean offense and was greatful towards WoS. His "back to being a jerk" thing is obviously light-hearted. Your policy lynch is not a good idea.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 05:53 GMT
#193
On November 04 2013 12:52 Umasi wrote:
Main reasons we should vote for Vanesco is
A: he preferred for a lack of talk about witchcraft specific mechanics (which is scum agenda but wuevuh)
B: Ambiguous post about Sylencia, which was scummy at the time for being ambiguous and scumm-ier after ^^^that quote, as explained.

On your point A, not wanting to talk about setup isn't necessarily scummy. Scum people love talking about setup because it allows them to stick in a lot of words without pressuring people. Look at me in Hogwarts.

Your point B I somewhat agree with.

On November 04 2013 13:52 Vanesco wrote:
I have no reason to vote currently. There are still many people who have yet to post and it seems like an easy thing to just sheep on somebody else's vote without having to give much input.

What are you talking about? Your reasoning for not voting is that other people could sheep onto you without giving input.

The problem with that reasoning is as follows:
1.) You state that you have a "really big scum read on Umasi".
2.) If you have a big scum read on someone, it follows that you should want them lynched.
3.) If you vote them and people sheep on to you, those people are helping exact the lynch that you want.

If you have a big scum read someone, why do you have a problem with people agreeing with your read? Is your read on Umasi actually not "really big"? This doesn't make sense.


Gumshoe, you'd better start talking soon because in your last game (GoT Mafia) you said practically nothing and got vig'd N1 as a VT. I'd not like a repeat.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 05:55 GMT
#197
On November 04 2013 14:24 Vanesco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 14:05 Umasi wrote:
On November 04 2013 09:56 hzflank wrote:
To clarify, perhaps:

On night X+1, each person claims what actions they took on night X (if any).

Then each person claims who they voted for on day X.

The three people who used actions should be roughly the same three people who had the most votes. It could be slightly out as we would be missing information from the people who died on Day X (if town), night X and Day X+1.

Come to think of it with up to three people's votes missing it might not be worth claiming who we voted for, so this may not have any merit.


Elaborating on Vanesco here, I'll use this post as an example
Main question for you here is: How could we ruin strategies by talking about them?
For instance, how do scum fuck with this plan. How would you abuse this plan as scum?
Would you? CAN YOU?
what witchcraft discussion CAN scum abuse? Since blues are based on townreads ANYWAY, it's not like we're all blue hunting at all, so power discussion isn't something scum can abuse. Especially because they don't have roleblockers or anything, only blue vigis.

although I don't think there's an important facet of strategy discussion to be had (otherwise I'd talk more about strategy,) your specific outlook on how to handle it is scummy.

I believe that by talking about a plan (in this game, with this setup) is a bad choice because lets say we find out that player X,Y,Z were voted on the most. That means the next 3 votes will probably overlap with at least 1 of the previously chosen players. This just seems like we are giving scum an easy way to kill one of the blue roles.

I agree with this post. Without PMs (like in Liar Game, a game with a huge amount of votes+pms) it seems too hard to use Witchcraft Vote analysis to determine alignment. The gain doesn't seem worth the risk.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 08:48 GMT
#210
On November 04 2013 14:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Do you think Vanesco is scum for his actions or can he be town as well?

Null, slight lean to scummy; his demeanor doesn't seem as active and pressuring as it did in Newbie Mafia L. Filter

Though he does use the same "large scum read" terminology without immediately voting.

On November 04 2013 14:59 thrawn2112 wrote:
how's it goin? no, not even thinking about lynching yet. but i'm glad you brought it (lurker lynching) up

what do you think about the drama? is it real drama or is it "real" drama?

or just distracting and annoying?

You said you would focus on the people not on your list. I took that to mean you were targeting lurkers, which you aren't at this point. What's your stance on lynching lurkers? Or am I to assmue that I am the target of your focus?

Your set of questions don't make any sense to me. Do I think there is drama: Yes, people are being voted. Do I think it is scum influenced: Yes, it is more than likely that at least one of the active persons is scum.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 08:53 GMT
#211
I'm thinking near endgame, when there are no more blues able to be voted in, claiming votes and your actions (if you were ever blue) would be a good idea. It would force scum to make fake claims and votes.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 04 2013 08:56 GMT
#212
On November 04 2013 10:12 thrawn2112 wrote:
I am sooo uncomfortably unfamiliar with this player list.. I think Syl, WoS, and maybe Sn0 are the only people I've played with?

OH lol and rayn ofc

Oh Thrawn, can you tell me what you think of Syl since you've played with him before?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12571
Artosis 645
Rain 346
White-Ra 205
ToSsGirL 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever497
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4304
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1862
Other Games
summit1g7979
Grubby2754
ArmadaUGS687
shahzam544
JimRising 536
Day[9].tv443
C9.Mang0305
ViBE137
Maynarde105
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• davetesta34
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra970
• Day9tv443
• Shiphtur260
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 17m
OSC
13h 17m
Stellar Fest
13h 17m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.