• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

Newbie Mini Mafia L - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 88 Next
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:13 GMT
#1221
The thing that worries me the most about you E00:

Poofter voted you 3rd in the bandwagon on day1. Everybody randomly switches off of you to July because July did something quite scummy. His reasoning though is that your vote is "too easy" and he switches to July, even though I was pointing out that July's vote was being "too easy" for me already. He goes from one easy target to another... why? He was getting really close to an E00 lynch... he had 5 people I think? I don't get that...
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:16 GMT
#1222
I just don't get why scum would switch OFF of you when you were getting close to a lynch, with such shitty reasoning too.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 04 2013 18:27 GMT
#1223
I'd disagree that July lynch was easy. Odin had five votes to July's four when you switched.

On November 01 2013 09:04 iamperfection wrote:
final vote count

July617 (9): StorrZerg, Obzy, cakemanofdoom, Tehpoofter, Obzy, Balla24, Vonthin, Vanesco, OdinofPergo, onnyLaw
E00e (1): nyxnyxnyx, Vanesco, Vonthin, Tehpoofter, onlywonderboy, nyxnyxnyx
StorrZerg (0): Obzy, Balla24
Tehpoofter (0): nyxnyxnyx, cakemanofdoom, July617
OdinofPergo (3): JonnyLaw, E00e, nyxnyxnyx, Balla24, July617


These are the important votes from day 1 in my opinion. When I came back and started railing on Odin so hard there was a real chance to have Poofter lynched. I failed to realize nyxnyxnyx and cakeman were for that lynch after my post and their own analysis. E00e, nyx and July voted for and stayed on Odin which means very little.

I think E00e is town, cakeman null and this says nothing about nyx at all.

Gonna be digging through filters for a while before the day post. Balla you or I will probably be shot tonight so make sure to say what is you have to say. I'll recheck the reads you posted earlier and see if I come up with anything else to add to them. Also, I fucking hate how owb is playing this game. It doesn't feel scummy but so little attention is in itself scummy by not helping us as town. I still don't want him lynched yet but we have 60~~ hours till next lynch.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 04 2013 18:31 GMT
#1224
I'm not sure Balla. Poofter was the fourth vote. You think he joined the bandwagon just to say he changed his mind and it was too easy?

I mean, I see where you're coming from with that point. Then poofter's vote is on E00e at some point so if he's caught it will draw attention away from himself. I think E00e's voting pattern is more significant.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:34 GMT
#1225
Hmm, that is interesting that he didn't go onto Odin instead of July... But I think July WAS the easy lynch, especially after his return to the thread.

It was hard to sell Odin as a lynch target, more so than July.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:35 GMT
#1226
On November 05 2013 03:31 JonnyLaw wrote:
I'm not sure Balla. Poofter was the fourth vote. You think he joined the bandwagon just to say he changed his mind and it was too easy?

I mean, I see where you're coming from with that point. Then poofter's vote is on E00e at some point so if he's caught it will draw attention away from himself. I think E00e's voting pattern is more significant.


I agree, that's why I'm railing into him about it ATM. He's not responding though.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:39 GMT
#1227
If I just look at OWB's filter, I get more and more scum vibes from him. As a townie, he was starting to loosen up last game, this game he's reverting back to his game 1 tendencies, and he's being a lot more inactive. He's always said he's had trouble starting out with stuff, and he reacted poorly under pressure in almost all situations. I could definitely see him rolling scum, not enjoying it and having trouble adapting and then rectifying that by lurking a lot.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:44 GMT
#1228
On November 04 2013 13:14 Balla24 wrote:
OWB:

OWB -> Poofter interactions:
- No real interaction with poofter. Didn't really like the day1 case on him (I didn't either).
- Day 2, says he will read his filter after admitting he was tunnel visioning on vonthin, then nothing until soon before vote where he says everybody has already made up their mind on poofter and his vote wouldn't matter. Kind of annoying.... means I don't know where he stood before the vote.

Voting patterns:
D1: E00, decided between E00 and Storr. "Surprised" at july vote, where he did somewhat defend him before he went AFK.
D2: Vonthin. Barely considered anyone else. Admitted he tunnel visioned.

Poofter -> OWB interactions:
-Doesn't mention OWB at ALL until end of D2 where he insta votes him on return to thread, says he doesn't really have reasoning to vote him. I don't buy that. There has to be a reason. Could be as simple as panic vote... could be as complicated as a buss. Who knows. Hard to read.
- Says to look at Jonny/Cake/OWB when he flips town... eh... kind of wanna disregard this completely...



When I look at my summary post here. This is definitely wayyyyyy more consistent with new scum players than E00's is.

OWB soft-defends poofter on day1, tunnel visions on vonthin. Neither of them really mention each other besides that until D2, where owb almost completly ignores the case on poofter even after admitting he tunnel visioned on vonthin.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 18:47 GMT
#1229
A note on Odin/OWB interactions:

OWB does not mention odin at all in his filter besides paraphrasing what others said about him. Might be onto something here.
cakemanofdoom
Profile Joined September 2009
336 Posts
November 04 2013 18:56 GMT
#1230
Hmm... I disagree that poofter switching off E00e was weird. People had already started switching off E00e by then, and also defending him. Considering the trend was to vote away from E00e at that point, I think poofter was just sheeping on what was seeming to become an easier lynch. That easy vote reasoning was probably random stuff he came up with to make himself look like he was thinking pro-town.

Plus July had voted for him at that point. Poofter seemed to like attacking people who attacked him.


So yeah, I still think Storr's scummy for all his earlier play and his later stuff doesn't help much. Trying to direct votes off poofter at the last minute is fishy to me, and stuff about the mod confirmation and "last minute" vote change could easily be scum gambits to look good after it was pretty clear that poofter was gonna get lynched.

Vonthin for following Storr on that jump off poofter is also looking bad, though this one I might be able to chalk up to being convinced by Storr? Ehh still fairly heavily the suspicious side.

Also, the fact that poofter was able to pop in at the very end to avoid a modkill makes me suspect that the mafia team might have planned from some point to get votes off him by having him stay quiet and make everyone else think that he'd die anyways.


Are we holding off on talking about Storr, etc. in order to be openminded? I'm up for that too, but I'll make it clear that Storr and to a slightly lesser degree Vonthin are my top suspects.

Will look into owb for now.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 19:02 GMT
#1231
I just don't want people who have pushing certain people all game to be talking about that person still. For example, I don't want Storr to be talking about nyxx and nyx about storr. So yes, openmindedness.

At this point also, I think it would be beneficial to switch over to discussing your possible pairs instead of individual targets. We have 2 days worth of interactions. It becomes harder to analyze but also easier to come to conclusions. Especially when our main evidence on day3 is going to be interactions with poofter.

For now, i'd say my top pairs are (in order of most suspicious to least suspicious):

Owb/Odin
Vonthin/Storr
Vonthin/E00
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 04 2013 19:13 GMT
#1232
Looking at the voting owb and storr are not both scum. Owb would have thrown his vote on July before leaving for the day. Simple as that.

Storr put his vote on july early and left it there. He gained credibility early by posting advice on how to play the game. Then by leaving his vote there it makes people look at july every time there is a vote post. "oh yeah July's an option."

I'm poring over storr's filter at the moment. It's large.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 04 2013 19:14 GMT
#1233
Fuck. I know I've been playing like shit this game. Not trying to make excuses, but this has been by far the busiest I've been during a mafia game. I tried to contribute by focusing on Von, but I put all my eggs in one basket and didn't move onto other reads when I realized people weren't interested in voting Von day 2. I know I've made a lot of weak promises this game, but I hope I can find time to make some posts and participate in the discussion so I can better help the town with day 3 and of course prove my innocence.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 19:17 GMT
#1234
On November 05 2013 04:13 JonnyLaw wrote:
Looking at the voting owb and storr are not both scum. Owb would have thrown his vote on July before leaving for the day. Simple as that.

Storr put his vote on july early and left it there. He gained credibility early by posting advice on how to play the game. Then by leaving his vote there it makes people look at july every time there is a vote post. "oh yeah July's an option."

I'm poring over storr's filter at the moment. It's large.


Nah dude how can you say that... poofter was on E00 still... why would OWB switch to July when E00 still had some votes?

On Storr i'm willing to agree but hesitantly. Only reason being his day2 vote thing with poofter. No way he would have bussed poofter like that (when he thought the day was ending).
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 19:18 GMT
#1235
On November 05 2013 04:14 onlywonderboy wrote:
Fuck. I know I've been playing like shit this game. Not trying to make excuses, but this has been by far the busiest I've been during a mafia game. I tried to contribute by focusing on Von, but I put all my eggs in one basket and didn't move onto other reads when I realized people weren't interested in voting Von day 2. I know I've made a lot of weak promises this game, but I hope I can find time to make some posts and participate in the discussion so I can better help the town with day 3 and of course prove my innocence.


Bullshit. Start now.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 19:19 GMT
#1236
EBWOP: @Jonny... sry sry sry i totally understand what you're saying I agree 100%
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
November 04 2013 19:19 GMT
#1237
On top of that Storr was interested in lynching OWB on day 2 pretty much the entire day.
cakemanofdoom
Profile Joined September 2009
336 Posts
November 04 2013 19:23 GMT
#1238
Man... owb hasn't done much of anything. Plenty of posting how he thinks the game should be played, but not much forming opinions on specific people.

From what I can tell, he makes a few inconclusive reads, and then goes on to tunnel Vonthin for the rest of the game. Making some extra random posts here and there. His cases on Vonthin aren't bad, but if Vonthin's town then it could just be finding a lurker, deciding he's an easy target, and sticking with it to stay consistent.

On his own play alone... he looks scummy. I've said this before, but decided to revisit him since it's been a while, and now I realize he posted almost nothing since then. If there were more potential scum left I'd be very comfortable lynching him; still think he's a fairly reasonable lynch.


I'll get to looking at pairs when I find time to do so. It'll probably be sometime after day 3 starts.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
November 04 2013 19:24 GMT
#1239
Storr's picking on weak players all game. I'm still going through this and making some notes. Picking on weak players day 1 makes sense. Policy lynching a lurker or can be the best option but we're in deeper waters on day 2 with the failed lynch. This makes it seem as if storr is helping the town.

Storr has some odd posts. I'll post a write up once i'm done so we can get some opinions for day 3.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 04 2013 19:25 GMT
#1240
On November 05 2013 04:18 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 04:14 onlywonderboy wrote:
Fuck. I know I've been playing like shit this game. Not trying to make excuses, but this has been by far the busiest I've been during a mafia game. I tried to contribute by focusing on Von, but I put all my eggs in one basket and didn't move onto other reads when I realized people weren't interested in voting Von day 2. I know I've made a lot of weak promises this game, but I hope I can find time to make some posts and participate in the discussion so I can better help the town with day 3 and of course prove my innocence.


Bullshit. Start now.

I didn't mean I was going to wait until day 3, poor choice of words. I'm working on reading filters right now. Gotta go to class but I can probably post during it. I just figured I needed to make my presense known since I was coming under fire.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 239
Nina 119
SteadfastSC 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2402
910 61
Bale 13
Super Smash Bros
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1087
Other Games
summit1g6676
Grubby2314
shahzam584
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC55
Liquid`Ken1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 73
• Hupsaiya 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21063
League of Legends
• TFBlade599
Other Games
• imaqtpie951
• Shiphtur286
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.