• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9524 users

Thug Life Mini Mafia - Page 98

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 308 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 01 2013 13:40 GMT
#1941
On October 01 2013 22:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So you don't really understand my argument that people should not be considered town at this point based on their actions, as scum can also genuinely scumhunt?

I dont understand how you can get a townread at all on anyone if you hold this opinion
No gg, No skill.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 01 2013 13:42 GMT
#1942
Keep your story straight.

On September 27 2013 22:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 22:52 Palmar wrote:
It's completely viable to have a town read at this point in the game, I have a few people I'm leaning town on myself. However it's wildly inconsistent for yamato to proclaim his townread on me, and then proceed to ignore everything I'm saying, in favor of a policy lynch with almost nothing to back it up.

I think VE is town, that's given 2 scumteams... is that strange?

No i think it's not impossible to have town reads. I think it's impossible to have a town read on you at this point.

I think VE is town aswell, i also think Oats is town.


On October 01 2013 22:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So you don't really understand my argument that people should not be considered town at this point based on their actions, as scum can also genuinely scumhunt?


##Unvote
##Vote raynpelikoneet
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 13:46 GMT
#1943
My townreads on people are not based on their actions (=actions towards other players in general, scumreads and shit), but based on their behavior in general. Oats and VE behave differently as scum than they do as town, whatever they say. It has nothing to do what they say, it has to do how they say things and why.

I have explained this already, wtf is wrong with you Palmar? You are intentionally twisting my words around.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 13:47 GMT
#1944
Fuck is there a single person who actually reads the thread.... This is so incredibly dumb..
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 13:47 GMT
#1945
What's the point of me posting when you guys don't even fucking read what i post.?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 13:51 GMT
#1946
That's basically my point regarding Oats. There is a difference in his town and scum play. It has nothing to do with if he is making sense or not. He basically is an asshole as town. He makes a lot more sense as scum and he is more careful.

That does not apply to you, or me, or BH for example. What you have said so far does not make you town. Whatever you do on D1, even if you lynch scum, does not make you town. You know it and yamato should know it too. That's what's wrong in his read on you.

Is it so hard to understand?
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 01 2013 13:55 GMT
#1947
On October 01 2013 22:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
My townreads on people are not based on their actions (=actions towards other players in general, scumreads and shit), but based on their behavior in general. Oats and VE behave differently as scum than they do as town, whatever they say. It has nothing to do what they say, it has to do how they say things and why.

I have explained this already, wtf is wrong with you Palmar? You are intentionally twisting my words around.


I did not do anything to your words. I literally quoted your posts straight up.

The first one says that "I think it's impossible to have a town read on you" - Which I can only take to mean that this phenomenon applies only to me specifically.

The second one says: "people should not be considered town at this point based on their actions" - Which I'm taking to mean that no one should be considered town at that point.

I even addressed the first point in this post here:

On October 01 2013 22:27 Palmar wrote:
I think the only reason people DON'T have townreads on me is that they're afraid this is somehow some amazing scumPalmar game. If I was anyone else people would be lining up to call me a townie.


You're changing your arguments depending on how they fit your conclusion. That means your conclusion is predetermined and thus you're scum.
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 13:58 GMT
#1948
Read my last post and think again what you are saying.
table for two on a tv tray
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-03 09:08:51
October 01 2013 14:00 GMT
#1949
VOTE COUNT:

FirmTofu (5) : Pandain (X), WaveofShadow, Chairman Ray (X), Palmar (X), Oatsmaster, VisceraEyes, Koshi, raynpelikoneet
VayneAuthority (3) : Chairman Ray, Pandain, FirmTofu
ShiaoPi (2) : Koshi (X), FirmTofu (X), hiro protagonist, Koshi (X), strongandbig
hiro protagonist (1) : Grackaroni (X), Mr. Cheesecake
Grackaroni (1) : VayneAuthority
raynpelikoneet (1) : Pandain (X), Palmar
Chairman Ray (0) : Oatsmaster (X)
Mr. Cheesecake (0) : Koshi (X)



Not Voting: Everyone else.

Lynch is in 6hrs. Voting is mandatory.

Currently FirmTofu is set to be lynched!

If you see your vote (or anyone else's) out of place please inform me or someone else on the hosting team so that we can correct it.


+ Show Spoiler [Details] +
  • Pandain -> raynpelikoneet
  • Pandain -> FirmTofu
  • Koshi -> ShiaoPi
  • WaveofShadow -> FirmTofu
  • Chairman Ray -> FirmTofu
  • Grackaroni -> hiro protagonist
  • Mr. Cheesecake -> hiro protagonist
  • Oatsmaster -> Chairman Ray
  • Koshi -> Mr. Cheesecake
  • FirmTofu -> ShiaoPi
  • hiro protagonist -> ShiaoPi
  • Palmar -> FirmTofu
  • VayneAuthority -> Grackaroni
  • Oatsmaster -> FirmTofu
  • Koshi -> ShiaoPi
  • VisceraEyes -> FirmTofu
  • Koshi -> FirmTofu
  • strongandbig -> ShiaoPi
  • Grackaroni -> --
  • Chairman Ray -> VayneAuthority
  • Pandain -> VayneAuthority
  • FirmTofu -> VayneAuthority
  • raynpelikoneet -> FirmTofu
  • Palmar -> raynpelikoneet



Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 01 2013 14:07 GMT
#1950
So rayn, palmar's scum and town meta are the same?
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 14:09 GMT
#1951
On October 01 2013 23:07 Oatsmaster wrote:
So rayn, palmar's scum and town meta are the same?

No they are not. It's the fact that in this game scum can also genuinely scumhunt. He is scumhunting to some extent, but not up to his normal town play.
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 01 2013 14:10 GMT
#1952
On October 01 2013 22:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Read my last post and think again what you are saying.


I have no idea what you're saying.

Let me try to wrap my head around it.

You're saying that your read on Oats/VE is legit because it's a meta read.

You're saying yamato's read on me is not legit because it's based on me making sense
.

Even if we ignore how insane the above is (especially now that yamato flipped town) it's also factually incorrect. Yamato never explained what his read on me was based on as far as I remember, I don't recall him saying I'm town because I make sense.

It was literally this:

On September 27 2013 13:46 yamato77 wrote:
I think Palmar is town.

at work BTW so no more posting


So how do you know he didn't just.. you know actually read the thread and figure the right answer out?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 01 2013 14:11 GMT
#1953
Why do you think his read on me was based on me making sense?
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 14:16 GMT
#1954
On October 01 2013 23:10 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2013 22:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Read my last post and think again what you are saying.


I have no idea what you're saying.

Let me try to wrap my head around it.

You're saying that your read on Oats/VE is legit because it's a meta read.

You're saying yamato's read on me is not legit because it's based on me making sense
.

Even if we ignore how insane the above is (especially now that yamato flipped town) it's also factually incorrect. Yamato never explained what his read on me was based on as far as I remember, I don't recall him saying I'm town because I make sense.

It was literally this:

Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 13:46 yamato77 wrote:
I think Palmar is town.

at work BTW so no more posting


So how do you know he didn't just.. you know actually read the thread and figure the right answer out?

I never assumed anything about why yamato called you town. That's why i said the read on you was surreal.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 14:20 GMT
#1955
What i am saying is that there are some players whose scum/town play have quite a big differences. One of them is Oats, another one is VE. I don't think those differences would disappear even in a game where there are 2 scumteams.

Some players however (as i pointed out, for example you, me and BH) can probably "fade out" those differences because as there are multiple scumteams, they can legitmately scumhunt. That's why it's hard to have a townread on people like us. It's basically impossible (barring some circumstances - which apply to for example WoS).

That's what i am saying and i don't understand why do i have to explain that to a bright guy like you for fucking 10 times.
table for two on a tv tray
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 01 2013 14:23 GMT
#1956
On October 01 2013 23:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2013 23:07 Oatsmaster wrote:
So rayn, palmar's scum and town meta are the same?

No they are not. It's the fact that in this game scum can also genuinely scumhunt. He is scumhunting to some extent, but not up to his normal town play.

But you called me and VE town because we are playing to our town meta.
I dont get all this nonsense about Palmar being totally townie but not town.
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 14:32 GMT
#1957
When the fuck have i called Palmar town?
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 01 2013 14:45 GMT
#1958
On October 01 2013 23:20 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What i am saying is that there are some players whose scum/town play have quite a big differences. One of them is Oats, another one is VE. I don't think those differences would disappear even in a game where there are 2 scumteams.

Some players however (as i pointed out, for example you, me and BH) can probably "fade out" those differences because as there are multiple scumteams, they can legitmately scumhunt. That's why it's hard to have a townread on people like us. It's basically impossible (barring some circumstances - which apply to for example WoS).

That's what i am saying and i don't understand why do i have to explain that to a bright guy like you for fucking 10 times.


Who knows, maybe yamato can spot the difference between my town game and my scum game. Just because you're bad and can't, doesn't mean everyone else is.

I don't think Oats is massively different as scum and town. I usually have a fairly difficult time figuring out his alignment. You seem to think otherwise. Does this make every read I give on Oats ever invalid?

You're basically trying to play the fear card on me. It's super annoying when people call me scum, not because I'm doing anything scum would do or playing scummy in any way, but just because they're afraid I might be scum doing town things and looking like town.

How the hell do you know yamato wasn't using exactly the same meta reasoning you're using on Oats, or I used on VE to figure out my alignment. I can't remember, BH also figured out my alignment, do you think his townread on me was bogus too? Clearly by your standards there's literally nothing I can do to make me appear town to you, and apparently you're fine with tunneling that point of view.
Computer says mafia
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 01 2013 14:50 GMT
#1959
I am not tunneling you, i am not trying to lynch you. I am basically defending myself because you are calling me out for shitty reasons.

Could you now give an answer to why Vayne is not town and why Pandain is?
table for two on a tv tray
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 01 2013 15:02 GMT
#1960
I didn't say you were tunneling me, I said you were tunneling that point of view. I'm accusing you of contributing almost nothing to the thread beyond making sure people don't think I'm town, in fact you didn't post anything worth reading at all today or tonight until you started this argument with me. You literally took the three people already under suspicion (no thanks to you) and called them scum, then added my name in there. That's it.

I haven't read VA thoroughly yet, without checking, I think he was in my "not read yet" list. Then he basically started talking some really dumb stuff (like that trap on Oats). I see no reason to give him a townread.

I liked Pandain's day 1 case, I liked his case on FT too, and to be honest his points against VA contribute to my thinking that you're wrong on those two.

Do you disagree?
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 308 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1205
Hyun 568
firebathero 541
Hyuk 398
BeSt 329
Jaedong 269
Mong 268
Soma 189
Shine 86
PianO 82
[ Show more ]
Sexy 62
910 50
Mind 48
sSak 41
Hm[arnc] 35
Shinee 30
ZergMaN 26
Bale 25
yabsab 20
HiyA 19
Sharp 15
sorry 12
ZerO 11
Noble 10
Stork 7
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1226
olofmeister1178
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King351
Other Games
gofns31658
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe126
Pyrionflax93
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick476
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos973
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur439
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 40m
Patches Events
6h 40m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.