• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8484 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 237

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 243 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 11 2013 05:31 GMT
#4721
Thx Kita for the free pass beeteedubz. Telling town to lynch me with your dying breath ensured I'd live to endgame.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 05:42:45
September 11 2013 05:34 GMT
#4722
On September 11 2013 12:54 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 12:49 austinmcc wrote:
Axle did MORE than just tunnel WoS.

Axle was the towniest poster at the end of D3. Risen was arguing for scum doublebus, hiro was part-arguing for that as well, Axle was just kind of sensibly pointing some stuff out and posting not in his usual style (at least as I remember the end of that day going).

He was maybe doing some voting plan D1, occasionally questioning people, everyone seemed to forget about the rest of the game whenever anyone did a single noticeable thing.

I had Axle as megatown real early on.
I don't know why people had such a huge issue with his posting in this game. I found him WAYYY more readable than usual. (Again maybe contrasting him with Alakaslam in my mind worked in his favour.)

I think I forgot my own read of him when he pulled his shit on me yesterday though because it was such scum Axle.

Oh man where is fuba? I know he replaced out but this would have been 3/3 won games for us!


At best (your experience of)
Scum Axle is when I tunnel you, but you are town?
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 11 2013 06:30 GMT
#4723
So if I'm understanding correctly the only possible way for me to come away with a win this game was to not only...

1) Guess the person who had the bell N1
but
2) Keep them alive all the way to N4 without any doctor aspect to my role, while making them appear red to any check, and incriminating them in night kills to watchers (1+2+3+4)
...
Because I focused someone who was alive the entire game barring the single time I had to deviate and "find" the bell. (1+1+2+3=fuck you Risen not 8)

In the future perhaps consider toning down the number of souls required or make it so soul collection accelerates faster, or something. When building the character did you guys plot out just how many nights it would take the Keeper to get to 8 souls? Was it initially built assuming a lower number of scum/different number of players in the game?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 11 2013 07:08 GMT
#4724
when I am one of the best N1 shots and I'm barely reading the thread, you know this town was fucked.

Ironically, later on, it became obvious to me that the Clarity I thought worthy of my protection N1 was actually mafia because he was not only alive, but also entirely useless.
Writer@WriterYamato
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 11 2013 07:24 GMT
#4725
gg evil scummers. Day 1 and 2 was pretty bad for town.

Who killed me? Is there an action list?
I had a good night of sleep.
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 11 2013 07:30 GMT
#4726
On September 11 2013 16:08 yamato77 wrote:
when I am one of the best N1 shots and I'm barely reading the thread, you know this town was fucked.

Ironically, later on, it became obvious to me that the Clarity I thought worthy of my protection N1 was actually mafia because he was not only alive, but also entirely useless.


A problem you would have faced in the thread, was how would you have gone about getting clarity Lynched.
Some time ago in game I played someone pointed out that knowing who was scum is all well and good if you simply cant get town to believe you and lynch them, its pointless.

Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 11 2013 07:34 GMT
#4727
You all need to go join MZ's game now.
Dead mafia forum is dead.
Jeez.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 11 2013 07:40 GMT
#4728
On September 11 2013 16:34 WaveofShadow wrote:
You all need to go join MZ's game now.
Dead mafia forum is dead.
Jeez.

^
I had a good night of sleep.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 09:05:32
September 11 2013 09:05 GMT
#4729
Thanks Greymist for a great game! Thanks also to crossfire and GM

On September 11 2013 12:46 Oatsmaster wrote:
I blame geript.

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 11 2013 09:08 GMT
#4730
Thanks for the great game!
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 11 2013 09:09 GMT
#4731
Yeah thx for hosting! Loved the roles. My first blue role :D.
I had a good night of sleep.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 11 2013 09:25 GMT
#4732
Can't believe Axle got lynched
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 09:35:50
September 11 2013 09:35 GMT
#4733
On September 11 2013 16:08 yamato77 wrote:
when I am one of the best N1 shots and I'm barely reading the thread, you know this town was fucked.

Ironically, later on, it became obvious to me that the Clarity I thought worthy of my protection N1 was actually mafia because he was not only alive, but also entirely useless.


That's not true I basically pushed people all game
And yeah we were struggling to find 4 good night kills n1 so we just threw you in there cause you play well when you get going. Actually, same for VE and WoS. Although they were both pretty townie d1 if I remember.

On September 11 2013 16:24 Koshi wrote:
gg evil scummers. Day 1 and 2 was pretty bad for town.

Who killed me? Is there an action list?


I'm sure a spreadsheet will be shared by cross or grey at some point... but if you feel up to the task you can wade through the scum qt cause we went over every scum action and the thought process behind it.

On September 11 2013 18:25 marvellosity wrote:
Can't believe Axle got lynched


Lol
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 11 2013 09:36 GMT
#4734
Nha, just watching the actions is enough :D
I had a good night of sleep.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 09:45:01
September 11 2013 09:38 GMT
#4735
I think we killed you cause we knew you were an inventor. I can't remember if we switched to you because of your "ok I'm going all in rawr" like an hour before daypost. But that was probably a bad thing to do :o

Koshi you have good instincts, like twice you mentioned how I "felt" scummy but then you went ahead and gave me the real crusher anyway :D
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 11 2013 09:39 GMT
#4736
Hard to win when 12/31 players are anti-town.
wp Clarity, austin and CC.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 11 2013 09:41 GMT
#4737
On September 11 2013 18:38 Clarity_nl wrote:
I think we killed you cause we knew you were an inventor. I can't remember if we switched to you because of your "ok I'm going all in rawr" like an hour before daypost. But that was probably a bad thing today :o

Koshi you have good instincts, like twice you mentioned how I "felt" scummy but then you went ahead and gave me the real crusher anyway :D

Hmm. Instincts are getting better lately. I should have given it to rayn, but he seemed so afk. Also, I didn't really expect to die and a real crusher & me alive could redirect it to Alakaslam. And I really knew he was scum. You and CC were supporting me on him, so that's why I gave it to you.
I had a good night of sleep.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 09:42 GMT
#4738
survivors are only anti town if town is teh suck. In fact I'd wager that survivors tend to play for town for way too long, and only switch to playing for scum when they've practically already won.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
September 11 2013 09:43 GMT
#4739
So it was scum who killed me D:

Yeah, I shouldn't be so obvious with my blue role. Meh. First time.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 11 2013 09:45 GMT
#4740
On September 11 2013 18:42 Clarity_nl wrote:
survivors are only anti town if town is teh suck. In fact I'd wager that survivors tend to play for town for way too long, and only switch to playing for scum when they've practically already won.

Not really, they don't give a shit about anything and you can't really risk lynching them in a game where ~6 people die / night.
I count geript as 2x scum because he was so fucking awful and scum MVP.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 239 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 497
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 97
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
League of Legends
Doublelift3760
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4502
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
summit1g13808
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe239
Livibee195
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur570
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 18m
Patches Events
16h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.