• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6931 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 239

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 237 238 239 240 241 243 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 11:34:02
September 11 2013 11:33 GMT
#4761
Thank you!



Killed by Clarity

WE CANT BE FRIENDS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a good night of sleep.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 12:07 GMT
#4762
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 11 2013 12:07 GMT
#4763
but Clarity such a cute snugglebunny
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 12:09 GMT
#4764
ikr?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
September 11 2013 12:41 GMT
#4765
Well when I first got added I figured a scum sleeper was possible, but you definitely had me convinced otherwise Austin.

Probably should have pieced together that such an exploitable role wouldn't exist but with your night post about how cakepie would be scum if x happened, I figured it had something of a DT type role and that sold me on the validity of it.


Does anyone have any advice for managing the work-load of reading a big game? Every time I play in one it's so hard to catch up after not being in thread for a bit. Then by the time I read that and had some thoughts ready some crazy new thing went down and I had to reread. Wasn't even really sure where to start with scumhunting except my gut in a game this size.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 12:43 GMT
#4766
On September 11 2013 21:41 Stutters695 wrote:
Well when I first got added I figured a scum sleeper was possible, but you definitely had me convinced otherwise Austin.

Probably should have pieced together that such an exploitable role wouldn't exist but with your night post about how cakepie would be scum if x happened, I figured it had something of a DT type role and that sold me on the validity of it.


Does anyone have any advice for managing the work-load of reading a big game? Every time I play in one it's so hard to catch up after not being in thread for a bit. Then by the time I read that and had some thoughts ready some crazy new thing went down and I had to reread. Wasn't even really sure where to start with scumhunting except my gut in a game this size.


Check in throughout the day. You don't have to post everytime you read. Don't read 20-30 pages in an 1-2 hour grind, read like 15 minutes at a time and do other stuff.

I realize I was scum but as town it's the same where all my smaller posts are generally when I'm catching up throughout the day, and then analysis happens when I stop everything else and focus purely on the game for a while.
It helps to have a phone that can check TL or a computer at work etc.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 13:10 GMT
#4767
And take notes to prevent as much rereading as possible.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 11 2013 13:42 GMT
#4768
clarity had more posts than OO, felkyr, randombum, coag, Hassy, S&B, ShiaoPi, Onegu, yamato, and Zentor combined XD

By the way, how did the mafia kp formula work?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 13:46:56
September 11 2013 13:46 GMT
#4769
On September 11 2013 22:42 kitaman27 wrote:
clarity had more posts than OO, felkyr, randombum, coag, Hassy, S&B, ShiaoPi, Onegu, yamato, and Zentor combined XD

By the way, how did the mafia kp formula work?


It's been in the OP all game :p # of mafia / 2 rounded up. (not +1, that's just bad, and wrong)
So we had 4kp the first two nights.

Also yeah I tried to force myself to post. Did I overdo it? :D
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 11 2013 14:07 GMT
#4770
On September 11 2013 21:41 Stutters695 wrote:
Well when I first got added I figured a scum sleeper was possible, but you definitely had me convinced otherwise Austin.

Probably should have pieced together that such an exploitable role wouldn't exist but with your night post about how cakepie would be scum if x happened, I figured it had something of a DT type role and that sold me on the validity of it.


Does anyone have any advice for managing the work-load of reading a big game? Every time I play in one it's so hard to catch up after not being in thread for a bit. Then by the time I read that and had some thoughts ready some crazy new thing went down and I had to reread. Wasn't even really sure where to start with scumhunting except my gut in a game this size.
It was difficult to piece together because it felt like kind of an odd mafia role.

I had KP for a few days, but relied on everyone getting and following messages, and could never get help from scumbuddies with the sleeper voting. Same as that last PTP power game, I end up mafia with a role that town controls, except this time I was able to send out targets and hope you guys agreed.

Besides...You shot alakaslam (scum) N2. You aimed at randombum and cakepie aimed at coag N3 (both scum). You both shot randombum on N4 (scum).

Kinda hard to think of it as a scum power when it was never used to shoot or even vote to shoot a townie. And not lynching randombum on D4 sounded decently reasonable, which was really where the cell came in handy as a way to force a different lynch than the correct one that most people wanted.
Fe fi fo fum.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 11 2013 14:12 GMT
#4771
I felt kinda left outside.. I couldn't contribute to the game by any of my role's actions (until last phase - don't get me wrong Greymist, i loved my role, and when i got it i laughed so hard when i was Red, and i realized that most likely there is Blue out there ^_^).

I think i did the best i could to prove my towniness with the limited time i had available for D1-D2, but townies WIFOMed me as possible scum, which made no sense to me rofl.
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 14:14 GMT
#4772
On September 11 2013 23:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I felt kinda left outside.. I couldn't contribute to the game by any of my role's actions (until last phase - don't get me wrong Greymist, i loved my role, and when i got it i laughed so hard when i was Red, and i realized that most likely there is Blue out there ^_^).

I think i did the best i could to prove my towniness with the limited time i had available for D1-D2, but townies WIFOMed me as possible scum, which made no sense to me rofl.


Like, what scum softclaims their role for like two cycles straight.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 14:24:08
September 11 2013 14:22 GMT
#4773
On September 11 2013 23:14 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 23:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I felt kinda left outside.. I couldn't contribute to the game by any of my role's actions (until last phase - don't get me wrong Greymist, i loved my role, and when i got it i laughed so hard when i was Red, and i realized that most likely there is Blue out there ^_^).

I think i did the best i could to prove my towniness with the limited time i had available for D1-D2, but townies WIFOMed me as possible scum, which made no sense to me rofl.


Like, what scum softclaims their role for like two cycles straight.

Anyone who read what i wrote should have seen that it's the most possibly pro-town thing i can do with my role. I was definitely not lying because of Pikachu.

Cool thing that could have happened was if randombum indeed took my offer of no fighting and claimed instead. rofl, you'd have a scum as confirmed town. :D (tbh i thought of that possibility, but i found it unlike - it would have been hilarious anyways ^_^)

Also i did not know i would not die to lynches. It was not clear to me, should probably read my role-PM better, i assumed "when you die" != "when you get lynched".
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 14:29 GMT
#4774
I made the same mistake till bum asked host if a pokemon would noflip in closed casket if he got lynched, lol.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 11 2013 14:35 GMT
#4775
On September 07 2013 08:42 Crossfire99 wrote:
Day 3 Lynch

ObviousOne (7): debears, AxleGreaser, Risen,ShiaoPi, austinmcc, Stutters695, cakepie
debears (6): ObviousOne, raynpelikoneet, VisceraEyes, Coagulation, Felkyr, Clarity_nl


lol it's too bad that the day 3 vote count didn't receive more attention. Even the no lynch in the other thread was pretty important.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 11 2013 14:35 GMT
#4776
Rayn you were obvy town to anyone who played with you in our previous game.

Getting shot by scum N2 always makes me feel good as a townie but this puts me on a pretty impressive losing streak. I think it's like four or five in a row? Cba to check ATM.

Tbh though I don't feel bad about pretty much anything I did this game except forgetting to use my role night 1. The hassy lynch was unfortunate but given the claims from him and Kita plus his filter I think it was the right choice. I was totes right that alakazam should have been the second lynch that day, lame that he wasn't but since he ragequit or whatever that was okay. I was also right about VE not being town and the rest of my reads were not too bad.

Oh also I really don't know why people are saying the axle lynch was so bad. I was dead by that point, but how it looked to me was that he'd been trying to get other people to go along with an unknown plan the whole game, then when he was under pressure from town to reveal what it was he just shut up and afk'd. Seriously if he had just claimed before going to sleep or if he'd showed up again before deadline there's no way he would've been lunched, but just shutting up made it seem like town had no choice but to lunch him.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 14:37 GMT
#4777
On September 11 2013 23:35 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 08:42 Crossfire99 wrote:
Day 3 Lynch

ObviousOne (7): debears, AxleGreaser, Risen,ShiaoPi, austinmcc, Stutters695, cakepie
debears (6): ObviousOne, raynpelikoneet, VisceraEyes, Coagulation, Felkyr, Clarity_nl


lol it's too bad that the day 3 vote count didn't receive more attention. Even the no lynch in the other thread was pretty important.


Austin is a wimp.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 11 2013 14:42 GMT
#4778
On September 11 2013 23:35 strongandbig wrote:
Oh also I really don't know why people are saying the axle lynch was so bad. I was dead by that point, but how it looked to me was that he'd been trying to get other people to go along with an unknown plan the whole game, then when he was under pressure from town to reveal what it was he just shut up and afk'd. Seriously if he had just claimed before going to sleep or if he'd showed up again before deadline there's no way he would've been lunched, but just shutting up made it seem like town had no choice but to lunch him.


It should never have gotten to the point where axle was forced to claim or get lynched. He was pretty clearly town.
Yeah, him just afking looked bad but you have to consider the possibility that he's actually just not around.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-11 14:48:35
September 11 2013 14:47 GMT
#4779
It should have never even gotten to a point where the lynch is Hiro vs Axle. randombum was the correct lynch from the beginning. Like confirming someone as scum or town the next phase is ridiculous if they are the scummies person. You lynch the scummiest person..
table for two on a tv tray
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 11 2013 14:51 GMT
#4780
I actually dunno why town didnt just force a mass claim at that point. Most people had claimed anyway.

Actually did cheesecake ever even have to explain why he was visiting Kita?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 237 238 239 240 241 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings217
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
ByuN 315
SHIN 151
Railgan 55
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69705
Calm 11056
Rain 2471
Bisu 1537
FanTaSy 847
soO 537
Shuttle 510
Stork 503
Rush 263
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
Snow 203
firebathero 196
Last 170
Light 111
Mind 96
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 46
hero 41
Killer 40
Free 37
Bale 37
sorry 34
Trap 34
Mong 32
Aegong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
zelot 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 13
Shine 13
Sexy 13
HiyA 12
Noble 12
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8910
Dendi510
Counter-Strike
fl0m1597
byalli746
x6flipin675
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns31874
singsing2216
B2W.Neo568
Pyrionflax247
ToD112
Trikslyr30
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 84
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 3
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV506
League of Legends
• Jankos3106
• Nemesis1405
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1226
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 33m
OSC
10h 33m
Replay Cast
10h 33m
OSC
23h 33m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.