• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:38
CEST 17:38
KST 00:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 198

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 196 197 198 199 200 243 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 13:42 GMT
#3941
Axle answered it himself.
In both games we played together, he was scum and picked me as his target to tunnel into infinity (I was town in both those games).
I honestly didn't remember that he was scum in both of those, only that it was REALLY fucking aggravating trying to shake him off because no matter what I did he wouldn't let go---I assumed he was going to do the same thing here, and lo and behold it seems I may not be wrong. I don't mind generally talking with anyone but essentially when I go through all the work of trying to respond and give people the answers they seek and it clearly does nothing to change their personal bias (or in the past two cases and MAYBE this one, scum agenda) I get annoyed.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 13:46 GMT
#3942
Look I don't want to shit up the thread arguing with Axle and trying to prove myself all day, I've already said that. I gave defenses he asked for last night, and they weren't good enough for him, as expected. Fine, I'll live with that. Rayn is another good example of someone it's often futile to argue with, and I will absolutely not be surprised when he switches to me. Whatever.

In the meantime I'd actually like to try and get a grasp of what's going on this game. The 'Yi fishing' and obsession towards BM chat is because I don't like the idea of all this hidden shit going down where we have no idea of hte alignment of a whole bunch of power roles acting behind the scenes. As it stands we have how many 'survivor' 3P roles? They can't ALL be survivor can they? It's just bothered me. (Certainly piqued my interest as it was a LoL reference as well which is my game.)
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 09 2013 13:49 GMT
#3943
Who exactly are these survivor roles and why would they be mafia?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 09 2013 13:51 GMT
#3944
Also "Rayn is another good example of someone it's often futile to argue with, and I will absolutely not be surprised when he switches to me." This. So do you still think i am scum or not?
table for two on a tv tray
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
September 09 2013 13:51 GMT
#3945
On September 09 2013 22:39 cakepie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 22:20 Stutters695 wrote: two conditional OTU checks

sorry, what's "OTU"?

one time use
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 13:55 GMT
#3946
I'm not assuming they're mafia necessarily but I don't see how they can all be so unbelievably benign-seeming.
VE, VA, and Risen now. I don't know what we're supposed to assume about Yi but essentially we can't do shit about him since we only got snippets of info from Onegu/Stutters and he's been free to do whatever the fuck he's wanted. It has been rubbing me the wrong way since the start of the game. On that note, my initial list may have been wrong because I don't think anyone on my original list of who he could be is still alive. I have to check.

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
September 09 2013 13:55 GMT
#3947
On September 09 2013 22:51 Stutters695 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 22:39 cakepie wrote:
On September 09 2013 22:20 Stutters695 wrote: two conditional OTU checks

sorry, what's "OTU"?

one time use

so, arbitrary player rather than list position based is what you're getting at?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 13:56 GMT
#3948
On September 09 2013 22:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also "Rayn is another good example of someone it's often futile to argue with, and I will absolutely not be surprised when he switches to me." This. So do you still think i am scum or not?

I don't know anymore atm but I'm pretty sure it will be pretty easy to find out. You just carry on doing what you're doing---this activity has certainly been better this half of the game than the first.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 09 2013 13:57 GMT
#3949
On September 09 2013 22:55 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm not assuming they're mafia necessarily but I don't see how they can all be so unbelievably benign-seeming.
VE, VA, and Risen now. I don't know what we're supposed to assume about Yi but essentially we can't do shit about him since we only got snippets of info from Onegu/Stutters and he's been free to do whatever the fuck he's wanted. It has been rubbing me the wrong way since the start of the game. On that note, my initial list may have been wrong because I don't think anyone on my original list of who he could be is still alive. I have to check.


VA is dead.
VE's role is in thread.
Risen's claim sounds fake to you? Why?
table for two on a tv tray
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
September 09 2013 13:59 GMT
#3950
Stutters, please address these:

On September 09 2013 22:26 Clarity_nl wrote:
do you believe that despite cakepie having a pokemon role that he's not the other pokemon dude? You seemed pretty certain in your earlier post.


On September 09 2013 22:28 Clarity_nl wrote:
Stutters did you not expect to die last night, then? I'm having trouble following you.


WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 13:59 GMT
#3951
On September 09 2013 22:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 22:55 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm not assuming they're mafia necessarily but I don't see how they can all be so unbelievably benign-seeming.
VE, VA, and Risen now. I don't know what we're supposed to assume about Yi but essentially we can't do shit about him since we only got snippets of info from Onegu/Stutters and he's been free to do whatever the fuck he's wanted. It has been rubbing me the wrong way since the start of the game. On that note, my initial list may have been wrong because I don't think anyone on my original list of who he could be is still alive. I have to check.


VA is dead.
VE's role is in thread.
Risen's claim sounds fake to you? Why?

It doesn't sound fake. What I'm saying is we have had 3 3P survivors and we 'know' Yi is 3P, are we supposed to assume survivor too? Why are YOU so interested in my Yi talk all of a sudden? Aren't you supposed to think it's scummy? What more do you need to hear?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 09 2013 14:01 GMT
#3952
On September 09 2013 22:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 22:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On September 09 2013 22:55 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'm not assuming they're mafia necessarily but I don't see how they can all be so unbelievably benign-seeming.
VE, VA, and Risen now. I don't know what we're supposed to assume about Yi but essentially we can't do shit about him since we only got snippets of info from Onegu/Stutters and he's been free to do whatever the fuck he's wanted. It has been rubbing me the wrong way since the start of the game. On that note, my initial list may have been wrong because I don't think anyone on my original list of who he could be is still alive. I have to check.


VA is dead.
VE's role is in thread.
Risen's claim sounds fake to you? Why?

It doesn't sound fake. What I'm saying is we have had 3 3P survivors and we 'know' Yi is 3P, are we supposed to assume survivor too? Why are YOU so interested in my Yi talk all of a sudden? Aren't you supposed to think it's scummy? What more do you need to hear?

Well who is Yi? Give some analysis who they are so we can question them and lynch them if we assume they are scum.
table for two on a tv tray
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
September 09 2013 14:02 GMT
#3953
Also, stutters, any insight into this, despite the lack of austin death+flip?

On September 08 2013 07:59 austinmcc wrote:
Stutters, if your target is shot and I am dead, then ... look at my list. The guy who is SEVEN slots beneath your target is very likely mafia. You will know why based on my flip.

raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 09 2013 14:03 GMT
#3954
Doesn't this sound a bit wrong WoS. Your case on me was purely based on "hunting the scum pokemon trainer and doing nothing else".

You are hunting third factions who could be scum, here, right now.
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 14:14 GMT
#3955
Yup, it does. So maybe if you're town you can understand how I am.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 09 2013 14:18 GMT
#3956
I just had a random hilarious thought:
Hiro is scum because he rolled Chezinu, who always rolls scum.

Actually looked into Hiro though and there was some stuff in his filter I didn't like, among them a seeming bus on OO that was dropped really quickly after it was brought up.

Cephiro, did your plan hinge on Hiro being town in order to work, or is it possible for you to have simply given a nuke to scum to use on another townie?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
September 09 2013 14:21 GMT
#3957
WoS why did you drop your scumread on me?
table for two on a tv tray
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-09 20:36:59
September 09 2013 14:24 GMT
#3958
Day 4 Lynch

WaveOfShadow (1): AxleGreaser
MrZentor (1): Clarity_nl, Risen
randombum (3): raynpelikoneet, Clarity_nl, Cephiro, Cephiro, raynpelikoneet
raynpelikoneet (1): WaveofShadow, randombum
Stutters695 (1): Cephiro, Mr. Cheesecake, raynpelikoneet, WaveofShadow

The lynch will happen in at Tuesday, Sep 10 12:00am GMT (GMT+00:00). With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Let me know if I missed something or made a mistake. Remember that only votes in the voting thread count and voting is required.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 09 2013 14:26 GMT
#3959
Stutters where art thou? Why you do this to us? Just disappear like that.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 09 2013 14:27 GMT
#3960
On September 09 2013 22:11 Clarity_nl wrote:

The one thing that really stood out to me was this post in response to Axle:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2013 04:24 WaveofShadow wrote:
Alright finally back.
Axle, I know how you play and I am in no mood to be tunneled into infinity by you if I don't answer your questions exactly the way you want them. I'm telling you right now I'll answer your shit once, and if it's not how you like it, too bad.
I've been out of this game for too long and I'd really like to get back into it, and defending myself from shit that I'm honestly going to have to look into my own fucking filter to find answers to because it was like 2 weeks ago is not scumhunting.


Is there some sort of history here? Because I don't feel Axle has tunneled anyone this game. In fact, Axle has been really slow to draw conclusions which I actually give him towncred for. He seems willing to listen to arguments and tries to make slow deliberate decisions.

So where is WoS coming from, when it comes to this post, if anyone can answer that?


As it is easier for me than you to find it. specifically.

I swear this is normal mini mafia had a superficially similar place, and probably the basis of
"Axle, I know how you play and I am in no mood to be tunneled into infinity by you"
me coming back to stuff I had been on about earlier.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18869999 (Gravman is WOS(town) I was scum)

I had chosen gravman as my best plausible mislynch (or as wagon i could run and not flip...)
( I had run out of others having given town reads BH and some more)
case much earlier as he was neither low hanging fruit nor too big a target.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18879764

See other post.

I found the suddenly going after rayn... See this post...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19702961
more interesting because It doesn't involve me



Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Prev 1 196 197 198 199 200 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM532
IndyStarCraft 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 532
Reynor 293
ByuN 224
TKL 193
Railgan 74
Codebar 53
BRAT_OK 38
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56084
Bisu 3060
Calm 2035
FanTaSy 1036
Stork 824
Rush 399
hero 362
firebathero 182
Snow 114
Sharp 107
[ Show more ]
actioN 102
Mind 57
Free 54
Sea.KH 54
Trap 37
ToSsGirL 36
Pusan 34
Mong 24
soO 23
Rock 22
Aegong 22
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 9
Shine 9
Noble 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9179
Dendi1041
Counter-Strike
fl0m4802
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1475
B2W.Neo721
Beastyqt579
olofmeister557
Mlord492
Khaldor395
KnowMe300
crisheroes160
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV287
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
League of Legends
• Nemesis3064
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1639
Other Games
• Shiphtur4
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 22m
OSC
7h 22m
Replay Cast
7h 22m
OSC
20h 22m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.