• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:57
CEST 02:57
KST 09:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8576 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 173

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 243 Next
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 22:25 GMT
#3441
On September 07 2013 07:13 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:11 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 07 2013 06:31 Clarity_nl wrote:
Ofcourse you should weigh in Axle....

On September 07 2013 06:27 Stutters695 wrote:
I'm here on and off. You guys think OO is town? I'm on the fence about both of them but I just can't reconcile why he would shoot when he did.


I don't really understand it either but the shot makes no sense from either alignment. Just scratch it off as an emotional response I guess.


Really? Scratch it off as an emotional response?
With people who have a meta as such (emotional ill considered actions) maybe...
(which is why theyd be potential policy lynches)

Surely OO can play, could have thought through his action?

There are ways it can make sense as scum...
Almost anything can as scum...

How does it hurt scum to do that? (fake claim a day vig shot?)


Because everyone is willing to lynch him immediately? Why would he fake it, let alone fake it on the only other guy that can be lynched.


Why do it as town...? There is no reason. no good reason at all

It was about that point (when OO claimed Day vig shot on DB.) when I most seriously started to consider OO was trying to get lynched to make DB look good.





Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 22:25 GMT
#3442
On September 07 2013 07:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
BTW there will be no Day vig if hes scum...


Explain this please, this seems to only make sense if they're both scum.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 22:26 GMT
#3443
On September 07 2013 07:25 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
BTW there will be no Day vig if hes scum...


Explain this please, this seems to only make sense if they're both scum.


It means the dayvig claim is fake. Which is what I've been trying to get through to you.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 22:26 GMT
#3444
On September 07 2013 07:26 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:25 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
BTW there will be no Day vig if hes scum...


Explain this please, this seems to only make sense if they're both scum.


It means the dayvig claim is fake. Which is what I've been trying to get through to you.


Yeah, which only makes sense if they're both scum which I do not buy. If they're both scum there was no need to fake a dayvig shot.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 22:27 GMT
#3445
On September 07 2013 07:26 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:26 Risen wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:25 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
BTW there will be no Day vig if hes scum...


Explain this please, this seems to only make sense if they're both scum.


It means the dayvig claim is fake. Which is what I've been trying to get through to you.


Yeah, which only makes sense if they're both scum which I do not buy. If they're both scum there was no need to fake a dayvig shot.


We're going in circles now. You seem convinced that a clever play is out of their reach. You're defending this too hard, and I ask again, why?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 06 2013 22:27 GMT
#3446
we still need 7 votes to lynch right?
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 22:28 GMT
#3447
Yes
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 22:29 GMT
#3448
On September 07 2013 07:25 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:23 Clarity_nl wrote:
So now you're saying scum OO dayvigged debears with the expectation of possibly getting debears lynched? I realize that's happening but that's not something you foresee. Either you believe scum OO gave up and shot debears (a bad target) or town OO making an emotional play and shooting his scumread.
You can't tell me this is scum OO expecting to survive, that makes NO sense.


Why not....

This is something I would do in a fucking heartbeat.
^

This whole time all I can do is remember CT mafia and your fake claim that turned out to work in your favor. I don't know that you're the go-to guy for sensible scum play.
Fe fi fo fum.
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 22:29 GMT
#3449
On September 07 2013 07:04 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:03 AxleGreaser wrote:
Why would town OO shoot debears?

Is he certain he is going to lose the duel? If he is not then he could well just have wasted the shot.

There is no plausible town reason to shoot Debears as town... when Its debars vs you in a lynch.

To do it as part of your own defence, when the veracity of it is not even known until after the flip...
is unfathomable
and has no plausible town explanation.

OO is scum lynch him.


You're saying he wouldn't do it as town so he's scum, but explain why he would do it as scum.
Do you believe they're both scum, Axle?



I believe either they are both scum.... or OO wants me to think that.

It will take me several hours of poring over Debears posts to decide for sure.

I dont buy the emotional.. knee jerk reaction 'Oh I am being voted in a duel what do what do... I know lash out the mean man who voted/dueled me. '

For OO to not think through that if you win the duel now your power is wasted is just..... implausible (for OO)

Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 06 2013 22:29 GMT
#3450
ugh I wanted to sleep soon.
look clarity why is it impossible for OO to think like proposed here?
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 06 2013 22:30 GMT
#3451
Risen's all about telling us what he would do if he were scum. I find that a little alarming. I can't verbalize why.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 22:32 GMT
#3452
On September 07 2013 07:29 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:25 Risen wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:23 Clarity_nl wrote:
So now you're saying scum OO dayvigged debears with the expectation of possibly getting debears lynched? I realize that's happening but that's not something you foresee. Either you believe scum OO gave up and shot debears (a bad target) or town OO making an emotional play and shooting his scumread.
You can't tell me this is scum OO expecting to survive, that makes NO sense.


Why not....

This is something I would do in a fucking heartbeat.
^

This whole time all I can do is remember CT mafia and your fake claim that turned out to work in your favor. I don't know that you're the go-to guy for sensible scum play.


There shouldn't be such a thing at all. Scum should make outlandish plays because in the end scum can't truly scum hunt. Scum relies on big plays and town mistakes to make it to the endgame.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 22:33 GMT
#3453
On September 07 2013 07:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Risen's all about telling us what he would do if he were scum. I find that a little alarming. I can't verbalize why.


Is it because I can take myself and put myself into an outsider's perspective? Too often people don't consider things from other people's POV
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 22:34 GMT
#3454
On September 07 2013 07:29 ShiaoPi wrote:
ugh I wanted to sleep soon.
look clarity why is it impossible for OO to think like proposed here?


It's not impossible it's just damn implausible. The scenario of OO being town makes more sense to me.
Yes, the shot is terrible either way, but if they're both scum the dayvig claim would never have happened. It just makes no sense. If debears is town and OO is scum the dayvig makes no sense either because there are better targets.

Only in a scenario where OO is emotional town does his shot make sense to me.
Since I think OO is town, I think his shot is real, which means debears is the better lynch.

This situation sucks, but I don't see big scumplays happening here.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
September 06 2013 22:36 GMT
#3455
On September 07 2013 07:29 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:04 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:03 AxleGreaser wrote:
Why would town OO shoot debears?

Is he certain he is going to lose the duel? If he is not then he could well just have wasted the shot.

There is no plausible town reason to shoot Debears as town... when Its debars vs you in a lynch.

To do it as part of your own defence, when the veracity of it is not even known until after the flip...
is unfathomable
and has no plausible town explanation.

OO is scum lynch him.


You're saying he wouldn't do it as town so he's scum, but explain why he would do it as scum.
Do you believe they're both scum, Axle?



I believe either they are both scum.... or OO wants me to think that.

It will take me several hours of poring over Debears posts to decide for sure.

I dont buy the emotional.. knee jerk reaction 'Oh I am being voted in a duel what do what do... I know lash out the mean man who voted/dueled me. '

For OO to not think through that if you win the duel now your power is wasted is just..... implausible (for OO)


Like if OO had a gun, why didn't he just shoot debears anyway? Why wait until something like this happened?

I'm starting to doubt now. :/
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 22:36 GMT
#3456
On September 07 2013 07:25 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 07:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
BTW there will be no Day vig if hes scum...


Explain this please, this seems to only make sense if they're both scum.



yes I chucked that in.

My best working theory is they are both scum and if I left the thread alone, especially if the thread got the vote count so that one outcome or another was plausible, the other scum would throw their weight behind getting one or the other lynched and securing town cred for the survivor.

My best working theory is when it all started scum thought OO would get lynched.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 06 2013 22:39 GMT
#3457
fuck it, I wanna sleep and not wake up to no lynch tmr...
##unvote
##vote: debears


if he aint red I am gonna be pissed.
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 22:40 GMT
#3458
On September 07 2013 06:56 Risen wrote:
Axle has an extremely good point. Town OO would shoot someone who he is NOT up against, debears would get lynched, town would see his hit go through and move on from there.

This is so fucking simple. It is SO. FUCKING. SIMPLE.

Any town player looking at this who has the same limited information as me would agree here. This isn't even one of my usual crazy rants where I can in the back of my mind see that maybe I'm wrong if X, Y, Z happen to be true. This is the only logical choice.



it is that simple...

Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
September 06 2013 22:40 GMT
#3459
wait, anyone knows how many of us are in this thread?
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 22:42 GMT
#3460
You guys keep rehashing the same arguments where IT MAKES NO SENSE AS TOWN THEREFORE SCUM.
But that's not a damn argument, it has to make sense as scum. Risen saying "scum don't have to make sense they just need big plays" is freaking deluded.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings64
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE148
ProTech140
SpeCial 122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13517
Artosis 601
Shuttle 250
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
canceldota116
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox407
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6604
shahzam647
Day[9].tv584
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde151
Trikslyr64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv584
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.