• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:53
CEST 19:53
KST 02:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10030 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Episode 2 - Page 175

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 173 174 175 176 177 243 Next
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
September 06 2013 23:32 GMT
#3481
I will likely miss the Night Post. Either Crossfire will take care of it, or it will be a bit late. Please keep game related discussion down after the deadline
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 23:32 GMT
#3482
Can we get a votecount in the other world?

Also, I really don't like the idea of no-flip lynching when it comes together like your lynch is.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 23:33 GMT
#3483
Oh, hi grey!
Fe fi fo fum.
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 23:33 GMT
#3484
On September 07 2013 08:17 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 08:14 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 07 2013 08:00 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:54 AxleGreaser wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:26 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:26 Risen wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:25 Clarity_nl wrote:
On September 07 2013 07:22 AxleGreaser wrote:
BTW there will be no Day vig if hes scum...


Explain this please, this seems to only make sense if they're both scum.


It means the dayvig claim is fake. Which is what I've been trying to get through to you.


Yeah, which only makes sense if they're both scum which I do not buy. If they're both scum there was no need to fake a dayvig shot.



Yeah it does...

If they are both scum... it looks like way to ensure Oo gets lynched as its so daft.

If instead it gets believed or WIFOM'd as an emotional play... then how does it hurt ?


If Only OO is scum,
same logic applies except it requires scum to make an error under pressure. (over look how daft the play is)

Why not make an error like that as town? because you have had your Pm for the whole game and being trying to look for the best opportunity to use it wisely to help your win con. Yuo are way more likely to and have had time to consider when and why you'd use your power.


Maybe I just have trouble putting myself in someone elses shoes if that were the case, because if I'm scum and I have a delayed dayvig ability I don't just suddenly blow it when I'm feeling pressure, whereas if I'm town I might.
Why? Because as town I feel like I'm trying to win the game alone, whereas if I'm scum it's a team effort.

Both alignments think about how to use their abilities the best they can all game long, no? This shot makes sense from neither alignment. I think OO looks town if you ignore the shot. Yeah the vote on debears is odd but look at his post on cakepie.

debears on the other hand, called austin scum and said he didn't need to use nirvana strike to get him lynched, but then OMGUS nirvana strikes OO, with his reasons being: "I want towncred" and "I didn't wanna look like I was sheeping"


+ Show Spoiler +
Sometimes as town I dfeel like i am trying to win the game alone too, buthen my rational mind reminds me thats not true. I do undertsand at least some people wont take the second rational step and just keep YOLOing day vig, and nirvanna strike, forever. (this town did run a this town aint big enough game where that was the cultural norm)


Both alignments do think about how to use their powers all game long.

Regarding powers town and scum ACTUALLY have....
Scum think about how to use them to help scum. town think about how to use them to help town. Scum suddenly trying to fake a town motivation for the use get it wrong more often.

Scum do not think that much about how to use powers they might under some conditions oneday fake claim.
Also scum OO has fake claimed rather well....

If we lynch him no harm done.
If we lynch DB then we can no longer verify whether he did or did not have that power...

If OO, is scum, Nothing wrong ...




Accept the possibility of the shot coming from town for one damn second.
Ignore the shot, look at OO's play. Does he look like scum?
Now look at debears.

If OO flips scum all is well and good, if he flips town we are screwed. How many mislynches do we have left you reckon?


One or none. + Show Spoiler +
Town may already be effectively or so clase as it doesnt matter an ornament on a duel between other protagonists. Until the game is over however I intend to try and lynch people that play openly against the town win con when on paper(past play) they have the skills to do better. Today thats OO.


I Started pushing him for a reason so yeah at the time he looked a bit scummy.

Was I terminally tunnelled and would not have moved on to try others? Nope. But DB forced the issue.

What was OOs response to pressure scummy or town? When i read it it felt like caught scum to me.

Am I 100% sold that DB is scum too? Nope.



Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
September 06 2013 23:38 GMT
#3485
On September 07 2013 07:59 cakepie wrote:
(A) if debears scum, OO scum true dayvig, the dayvig play is completely unnecessary. Either one can reap towncred by the other getting lynched. in fact in a premeditated play, OO could use the dayvig in "better" way to gain even morer towncred if debears lynched. Not terribly plausible.

(B) if debears scum, OO scum fake dayvig, this is ridiculously risky and banks heavily on debears getting lynched so that OO gets props for it while also disguising the fake dayvig. slight problem here is that the only way to see OO's poor choice of dayvig shot as a town move is if it were an emotional response. With scum being pretty ahead this game, I don't see why scum would want to make a risky move like this.

(C) if debears scum, OO town true dayvig, I can see OO trying to think about things but buckling under pressure from Risen to shoot debears (remember Risen was pushing OO but under incorrect understanding of how the dayvig works)

(D) if debears town, OO scum true dayvig... see (A)

(E) if debears town, OO scum fake dayvig... that's would be a really really strange thing for OO to do. Other options might be unlikely; this one is nearly unthinkable.

(F) if both town: we've fucked ourselves over yo




(C) is really the only reason why I'm not all gogogo on voting OO right now.





(E) as indicated above is pretty damn nuts.

I think OO was holding up pretty well talking to others ahead of his shooting so I'm having a hard time seeing why town OO couldn't try harder to clarify things properly instead of buckling and going for the shot so I hope I'm correct by discounting (C)

Leaning (A) or (B) and with scumteam screwed up. Debears still looks scummy regardless so I'm not inclined toward (D), but we'll see about that after we get this one right.

Pls not (F) pls. In which case we were already doomed either way.

Dammit this is hard. Please let this be correct!

Vote OO
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 23:40 GMT
#3486
Ugh.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
September 06 2013 23:42 GMT
#3487
Day 3 Lynch

Austinmcc (0): debears
Coagulation (0): AxleGreaser
Felkyr (0): Risen



ObviousOne (7): ShiaoPi, debears, AxleGreaser, Risen, Clarity_nl, ShiaoPi, austinmcc, Stutters695, cakepie
debears (6): ObviousOne, raynpelikoneet, VisceraEyes, Coagulation, Felkyr, Clarity_nl, ShiaoPi


The lynch will happen in at Saturday, Sep 07 12:00am GMT (GMT+00:00). You may now only vote for either debears or ObviousOne. With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Let me know if I missed something or made a mistake. Remember that only votes in the voting thread count and voting is required.

Alakaslam is being modkilled and will flip with the night post.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 23:43 GMT
#3488
Thanks cross!

Other thread...if you guys have no idea what you're doing, you might want to, you know, chat about it. Apparently nobody really wants to lynch, but you are, except it's a no-flip, so you're not even like lynching just so you have voting and stuff to work with.

But one person saying "I think this world is full of scum" and everyone going "Oh man, I don't really care about lynch, I'm cool with no-lynching" looks ridiculous.
Fe fi fo fum.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 23:48 GMT
#3489
Wat the hell I wanted to wake up for this but overslept and I'm at the top of like 10 pages back. Fuck! Voting thread tells me I'm likely dead but fucking read my last post again when I flip. Ugh. Good luck.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 23:50 GMT
#3490
>.<
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 23:50 GMT
#3491
On September 07 2013 07:59 cakepie wrote:

(B) if debears scum, OO scum fake dayvig, this is ridiculously risky and banks heavily on debears getting lynched so that OO gets props for it while also disguising the fake dayvig. slight problem here is that the only way to see OO's poor choice of dayvig shot as a town move is if it were an emotional response. With scum being pretty ahead this game, I don't see why scum would want to make a risky move like this.



Ahhh in what sense is it risky who except Debears or OO was going to get lynched...?

If OO is alive... then Debears got lynched and the fake claim is disguised.

There is No option where OO is alive tomorrow and fake claim gets outed.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 23:51 GMT
#3492
Wave. How much do you trust shiao? You made some offhand comment earlier about not being so sure he was town.
Fe fi fo fum.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 23:51 GMT
#3493
The other thread has accepted Cheesecakes reason for visiting kita without hesitation and decided to no lynch. What has this world come to.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 06 2013 23:54 GMT
#3494
The urge occurred to me so it has to of occurred to other people. Don't unvote OO.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 06 2013 23:56 GMT
#3495
On September 07 2013 08:54 Risen wrote:
The urge occurred to me so it has to of occurred to other people. Don't unvote OO.
But I have a post in another window written up that I keep staring at ...

Fe fi fo fum.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
September 06 2013 23:58 GMT
#3496
Seriously if grey says this is my fault in the post game the town lost im gonna be pretty embarrassed.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
September 06 2013 23:58 GMT
#3497
AUSTIN BE A HERO PLEASE
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
September 06 2013 23:59 GMT
#3498
On September 07 2013 08:56 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2013 08:54 Risen wrote:
The urge occurred to me so it has to of occurred to other people. Don't unvote OO.
But I have a post in another window written up that I keep staring at ...



doesnt it have big red button on it marked "dont press this"?
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 07 2013 00:00 GMT
#3499
No. It says "WoS is worried about ShiaoPi and ShiaoPi comes in with an unvote/vote combo that looks really odd, and it comes at a time where thread sentiment was right on the brink" and "If Alakaslam flips red, I hate hate hate HiroPro's comments about him worshipping BH"
Fe fi fo fum.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
September 07 2013 00:00 GMT
#3500
here we go I guess
Prev 1 173 174 175 176 177 243 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 104
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 114
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1412
Beastyqt709
B2W.Neo400
ceh9394
mouzStarbuck310
Livibee187
byalli181
C9.Mang0149
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr81
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 22m
Replay Cast
5h 7m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.