• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:28
CEST 16:28
KST 23:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9493 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 02:02 GMT
#1805
On September 23 2013 11:02 WaveofShadow wrote:
Is it deadline? Do we need to stop talking?


This. I want to go take a shower already.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 02:40 GMT
#1822
Actually in retrospect it would make sense - he was trying to stay hidden to not be ultra towny, and therefore not get shot.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 10:48 GMT
#2048
On September 23 2013 18:29 Mocsta wrote:
sentinel is a great vig shot to

that guy went from policy lynching ?kush to policy lynching umasi.

useless


I never even voted for kush and my vote on Umasi wasn't policy at all.

If you're going to accuse me, at least do your homework.

Anyways, I'll catch up on thread when I get home
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 20:05 GMT
#2346
Alright so there seems to be a lot of people sheeping this assumption that because I flipped my read on Chairman Ray, I must be scum and must be disposed of. Guess I'll start by refuting that.

So this whole thing starts with yamato calling me scum and then sending out this:

On September 23 2013 21:47 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Sentinel

His read on Ray goes from this:

Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 07:17 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On September 23 2013 07:11 yamato77 wrote:
I think if you read his posts, he has a clear understanding of what's happening in the game.


I just read his entire filter and he looks exactly like a guy who's playing his second (second? can't be more than fourth since he was previously in a newbie, someone confirm this) game. I don't see what would make him scummy.


To this, 2 hours later:

Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 09:39 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
After reviewing Chairman's filter, I have to agree that something is up here. Maybe a little south of neutral in my eyes. Might it be a product of coaching in the newbie game and nothing in this one?


To this, yet one more hour later:

Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 10:43 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
I'm reading Ray's filter from newbie, he seems a lot more restricted here than there which is weird. Unless coaches were really on meth (holy shit I was coaching? nobody sent me any questions, I forgot all about it), I can't really say why he would regress in his ability to post substance.

Better than yamato I guess.

##Vote: Chairman Ray


With basically nothing in between except filler posts.

Like I said, he is mafia.


So what happened in those two hours was a realization - during my 07:27 post, I was going off of solely Chairman's current filter in the game, a constricted play that mirrors the attitude I had during my own first game, Hammer Mini.

My mentality was this: He wanted to do something without attracting attention. Yes that's a scum tell under normal conditions, but as someone in his second third game that's someone who doesn't want to stick out because he doesn't want to get either a) shot, if he is town, or b) lynched, as any role. That's what I see when I look at a post like this.

You can argue that I'm biased towards townie while yamato is biased towards scum, so we just saw both sides of a different coin. This is also why I voted for him, because I believed that tunneling someone who I believed (correctly, as we later saw) to be town, while having posted several other good reads, is scumworthy - yamato, being biased towards scumreads, was pushing town players and twisting their cases to look scummy.

Then marv comes along and posts this three minutes later:

On September 23 2013 07:30 marvellosity wrote:
Good grief, Ray's posts looked constructed in his newbie game. That's kinda disappointing.


Now this was the point where I started to question my position on Chairman. I actually ended up discarding my read on Coagulation once I became aware of his meta (I believe marv pointed that one out too), and so I checked out Ray's filter from his other game, Newbie Mafia XLVII.

Much more relaxed and intelligent posting. He pushes a case on LordVelocity which was only stopped by his mislynch. From what I'm able to gather, since I've only read his filter and not the rest of the game, Ray seems to be stirring up discussion, poking at what he believes to be a scumslip and also participating in a discussion pertaining to Umasi, something unrelated to his defense or his immediate target.

His play contracted in style and in Newbie he showed to be capable of doing things (to some extent) that a good townie should - discussing, clarifying, and bringing out things he finds scummy so that others defended them. I actually skimmed Ver's analysis of XXX and remember something in the back of my mind about new blues being very secretive so they don't accidentally get shot or mislynched. I didn't remember it well enough to consider it, but did once I saw Ray flip blue. But at this point I was unaware, so I was beginning to agree with yamato - this guy might have been red after all.

Koshi you never answered my question about the 1/5 lurkers

So here's my mentality at this point, right?

On September 23 2013 09:39 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
After reviewing Chairman's filter, I have to agree that something is up here. Maybe a little south of neutral in my eyes. Might it be a product of coaching in the newbie game and nothing in this one?


At this point I was also slated to die, but with 3 hours plus I would have some time to contribute to the scumhunt and either push my reads or prolong my own. I was off of yamato, so if I wanted to push, I'd need some time.

Then this happened:

On September 23 2013 10:38 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 10:35 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Deadline is in approximately 30 minutes


OP said deadline was at 10 PST?


And this is where I shifted into panic mode. I didn't have 3 hours, I had 30 minutes, and the votecount said I was going to die. I'd rather find a red player to lynch than get mislynched myself. So what do I do? I can't construct a persuasive case in 30 minutes, so might as well sheep someone who I think is scum. Cue me convincing myself through rereads of Chairman's filter that he's playing unusually restrictive, and with my previous defense of him ruled out with the Newbie filter, he must be red.

(##Vote Chairman Ray)

Then he flips blue, I remember Ver's post, and the rest is history.

On September 23 2013 21:51 marvellosity wrote:
And also, Sentinel has been added to the shitlist. It's not so much that he changed his mind, but the manner is just awful. The same content goes from "nothing looks scummy" to "he is the best chance to flip mafia today" with nothing in between. There's nothing to indicate why the massive change.


Ironic, your post inspired me to do it
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 20:06 GMT
#2350
EBWOP 07:17 not 07:27
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 20:51 GMT
#2385
On September 24 2013 05:33 Koshi wrote:
Sentinel. I simply said that mathematically there is only 1 scum between 5 lurkers unless you have a townread on all the active posters. I think it was as reply to geript saying there must be 2 scum in lurkercity.

Good news, I have wifi. Also, I am still alive.


Now I understand this rationale:
+ Show Spoiler +

On September 23 2013 09:22 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 09:21 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On September 23 2013 09:06 Koshi wrote:
marv, you work so slow. I need to know who to vote for so I can go to bed.

LoneMeow is still voting for himself. The guy must be depressed that he can't solve the game D1 or something.
Chairman Ray. Could vote him. But would be kinda cruel if he gets misslynched D1 twice in a row lol.
Mocsta: could vote. I have this urge to follow VA. Had it last time as well. Dnu what that is all about.
FT, Sentinel: meh.

Voting 0-posters is bad btw. Unless you got townreads on everybody it is only 1/5 scum. Also, there are plenty replacements. Good ones as well. I like the replacements way more than the people that will be replaced. On average. A lot.


Why 1/5 specifically?

30 peepz, 6 scum, 1/5 scum, 5 lurkers, 1 scum.


Just didn't understand the wording. All good.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 23 2013 21:33 GMT
#2413
On September 24 2013 06:29 Coagulation wrote:
dont worry pandain i would def shoot [UoN]Sentinel before you.


Why me?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 09:58 GMT
#2764
Since when has yamato been confirmed town?

Also, what do you guys think of Cheesecake lately? He's been under the radar for a while, only showed up once for night 1 to sheep yamato.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 19:45 GMT
#2946
Finally home, going to post reads on the following: FT, LM, Mattchew, Cheesecake, possibly others
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 20:20 GMT
#2951
First read:

FirmTofu's case on Zaragon seems to be more concerned about saving his own ass - he even mentions it in the opening - which makes his case look more motivated to post some sort of read for the sake of posting reads. The parenthetical aside part of his argument, like marv before me mentioned, is actually mistaken by itself. So there goes the integrity of that read.

I'm not going to rehash marv's arguments over there, but it ends with FT defending his stance on towns being committed to their reads - marv claims the opposite with towns not being 100% sure who is scum. What is important here is that in FT's mind, townie players need to commit to their reads. I don't know if it was his intention, but this post heavily implied he was one of the players who as town commits to their reads: post

On September 24 2013 07:22 FirmTofu wrote:
I'm back. All caught up. I'm starting to have reservations about my case on Zaragon :/
brb doing some filter diving.

Switches to me.

Pandain calls him out on it, with the post asking if Marv convinced FT of his argument. So FT contends that Zaragon is his top read (although it is shit, and he says so) and keeps his vote on it.

Bracketing this for a second, here is the interesting bit.

Now what his read on me is is all the stuff I've done earlygame. He claims that we were looking for vig targes - were we? I'm pretty sure the beginning of Day 1 we hadn't found anyone to vig yet. Anyways, he brings up my weak Coag vote, my switches onto Stutters and Umasi, and brings up arguments that can be considered somewhat valid. Until he brings up yamato:

Later, he switched to Yamato, who is now basically confirmed town barring crazy shenanigans. No real reasoning provided for this vote switch. Just decides Umasi isn't going to gain steam so decides to vote someone else.


Final sentence is true. First two are not. I voted for Yamato when he had only two posts of considerable length, and the second one made him look like a scumfuk. I think I even justified the vote earlier in the thread. At this point I thought Chairman Ray was town and yamato was isolating him for an easy lynch - and FirmTofu completely waves away the detailed thought process I laid out on why I switched from my townread on Chairman to being the final nail in his coffin. "Seems sketchy at best. I can vote this guy." That's all the rationale he gives.

So in summary, FT's current two reads, say what you will about their targets, are both heavily flawed. His number one read, which he acknowledged had holes in it to Pandain, is still his number one read at the time of this posting. That's incredibly scummy to me - instead of finding the best proof he can, he just latches on whatever reads he can find without regard for their solidity.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 20:40 GMT
#2954
LoneMeow I'm divided on. He still hasn't posted reads and clings to the same "I have no idea what I'm doing" routine, but at the same time he could be telling the truth. He hasn't actively tried to lead the thread in the wrong direction, but he still hasn't made an attempt at providing a coherent read all game to the extent of my knowledge. I'm going to say null for the same reason I didn't believe yamato that Chairman was scum.

So like I did with Chairman, it's time to hit up the filters.

In Newbie 47 he played scum. Seems to be more active, posting reads and making votes - voted for Chairman, small world. In Newbie 46 he was a VT. While less restricted in his posting than this game, he also seems to be much more safe than in 47. The way I see it in my head, 46 had coaches to help out - this game doesn't. So he should be trying to follow the path of the model townie and post reads, but as a green player he is unsure of himself and throws around his vote to pressure people, retracting it when he is happy.

In summary I have a slightly green read on LM since his play this game matches his only town game much more closely than his only scum game.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 20:41 GMT
#2956
On September 25 2013 05:31 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2013 18:58 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Since when has yamato been confirmed town?

Also, what do you guys think of Cheesecake lately? He's been under the radar for a while, only showed up once for night 1 to sheep yamato.

So now you think yamato is confirmed town? What made you chance your mind?


No I don't. I'm questioning his last post:

On September 24 2013 12:22 yamato77 wrote:
I'm confirmed town, so what I say actually goes today.

We lynch Sentinel.

Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 20:50 GMT
#2964
On September 25 2013 05:46 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 05:41 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On September 25 2013 05:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On September 24 2013 18:58 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Since when has yamato been confirmed town?

Also, what do you guys think of Cheesecake lately? He's been under the radar for a while, only showed up once for night 1 to sheep yamato.

So now you think yamato is confirmed town? What made you chance your mind?


No I don't. I'm questioning his last post:

On September 24 2013 12:22 yamato77 wrote:
I'm confirmed town, so what I say actually goes today.

We lynch Sentinel.


you know he is pretty much confirmed town right?


Oh this? I missed it my first read, had to finish a school project and woke up to a good 10+ pages of discussion.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 20:55 GMT
#2969
(Nightpost is September 24 2013 11:10)

On September 24 2013 13:21 Mattchew wrote:
Lol im like conf town mutha truckahs

On September 25 2013 00:13 Mattchew wrote:
So yamato is town, thats no fun


versus

On September 25 2013 01:47 Mattchew wrote:
I aint the doc


Do we have a rationale for this from either Matt, in which case I missed it because Matt doesn't like to quote, or from someone else? Either Matt came out as the doctor or he tripped over himself.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 21:05 GMT
#2989
On September 25 2013 05:56 justanothertownie wrote:
Hm, I see no reason not to believe yamato. I had a townread on him even before. You are right though - he could use this "confirmed status" way more actively.


Well, looking at the last 3 pages of yamato's filter, ever since he accused me of flipping my case on Chairman, he never responded to my counterargument with further rationale to incriminate me. He hasn't even mentioned my name up until he says "confirmed town, kill sentinel".

Interesting to say the least. I need to go check out his filter in more detail later.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 21:12 GMT
#3003
On September 25 2013 05:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Sentinel what did make you change your mind on yamato on D1?


I agreed with him, this is when I convinced myself that Chairman was scum and yamato was right.

On September 25 2013 05:59 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 05:20 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
First read:

FirmTofu's case on Zaragon seems to be more concerned about saving his own ass - he even mentions it in the opening - which makes his case look more motivated to post some sort of read for the sake of posting reads. The parenthetical aside part of his argument, like marv before me mentioned, is actually mistaken by itself. So there goes the integrity of that read.

I'm not going to rehash marv's arguments over there, but it ends with FT defending his stance on towns being committed to their reads - marv claims the opposite with towns not being 100% sure who is scum. What is important here is that in FT's mind, townie players need to commit to their reads. I don't know if it was his intention, but this post heavily implied he was one of the players who as town commits to their reads: post

On September 24 2013 07:22 FirmTofu wrote:
I'm back. All caught up. I'm starting to have reservations about my case on Zaragon :/
brb doing some filter diving.

Switches to me.

Pandain calls him out on it, with the post asking if Marv convinced FT of his argument. So FT contends that Zaragon is his top read (although it is shit, and he says so) and keeps his vote on it.

Bracketing this for a second, here is the interesting bit.

Now what his read on me is is all the stuff I've done earlygame. He claims that we were looking for vig targes - were we? I'm pretty sure the beginning of Day 1 we hadn't found anyone to vig yet. Anyways, he brings up my weak Coag vote, my switches onto Stutters and Umasi, and brings up arguments that can be considered somewhat valid. Until he brings up yamato:

Later, he switched to Yamato, who is now basically confirmed town barring crazy shenanigans. No real reasoning provided for this vote switch. Just decides Umasi isn't going to gain steam so decides to vote someone else.


Final sentence is true. First two are not. I voted for Yamato when he had only two posts of considerable length, and the second one made him look like a scumfuk. I think I even justified the vote earlier in the thread. At this point I thought Chairman Ray was town and yamato was isolating him for an easy lynch - and FirmTofu completely waves away the detailed thought process I laid out on why I switched from my townread on Chairman to being the final nail in his coffin. "Seems sketchy at best. I can vote this guy." That's all the rationale he gives.

So in summary, FT's current two reads, say what you will about their targets, are both heavily flawed. His number one read, which he acknowledged had holes in it to Pandain, is still his number one read at the time of this posting. That's incredibly scummy to me - instead of finding the best proof he can, he just latches on whatever reads he can find without regard for their solidity.

Hello Sentinel. Good to have you here. I would like to address what you said about my supposed belief that townies need to commit to their reads. I don't hold this belief at all.

I think townies generally end up committing to their reads, even to a point of fault. This behavior is not good town play, it's just what ends up happening when someone rolls town, at least in my experience.

I, personally, do not usually commit to reads when I am town. If you saw my post regarding my own self-meta, you should be able to get an idea of how I play as town.


Back to you. You initially voted Coagulation and then never really talked about him much after that. Is there anything Coagulation did or said that convinced you he wasn't scum?


I read the filter that marv told me to read, and his play as town there was pretty much a carbon copy of his play here. So I switched to my other scumread, Stutters. Then later I picked up Umasi, a better scumread at the time, and then yamato.

Guess I was wrong about your implication. Like I said, I didn't know if it was your intention, but from your wording it seemed like you would commit to a fault like the townies you speak of. Anyways, my point still stands that you really haven't offered much on Zaragon ever since marv poked holes in your first read.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 21:13 GMT
#3004
Gotta leave for swim practice, back around 01:40 GMT (+00:00). I'll see if I can't shoot a Cheesecake read once I return.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 21:22 GMT
#3007
On September 25 2013 06:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 06:12 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On September 25 2013 05:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Sentinel what did make you change your mind on yamato on D1?


I agreed with him, this is when I convinced myself that Chairman was scum and yamato was right.

On September 25 2013 05:59 FirmTofu wrote:
On September 25 2013 05:20 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
First read:

FirmTofu's case on Zaragon seems to be more concerned about saving his own ass - he even mentions it in the opening - which makes his case look more motivated to post some sort of read for the sake of posting reads. The parenthetical aside part of his argument, like marv before me mentioned, is actually mistaken by itself. So there goes the integrity of that read.

I'm not going to rehash marv's arguments over there, but it ends with FT defending his stance on towns being committed to their reads - marv claims the opposite with towns not being 100% sure who is scum. What is important here is that in FT's mind, townie players need to commit to their reads. I don't know if it was his intention, but this post heavily implied he was one of the players who as town commits to their reads: post

On September 24 2013 07:22 FirmTofu wrote:
I'm back. All caught up. I'm starting to have reservations about my case on Zaragon :/
brb doing some filter diving.

Switches to me.

Pandain calls him out on it, with the post asking if Marv convinced FT of his argument. So FT contends that Zaragon is his top read (although it is shit, and he says so) and keeps his vote on it.

Bracketing this for a second, here is the interesting bit.

Now what his read on me is is all the stuff I've done earlygame. He claims that we were looking for vig targes - were we? I'm pretty sure the beginning of Day 1 we hadn't found anyone to vig yet. Anyways, he brings up my weak Coag vote, my switches onto Stutters and Umasi, and brings up arguments that can be considered somewhat valid. Until he brings up yamato:

Later, he switched to Yamato, who is now basically confirmed town barring crazy shenanigans. No real reasoning provided for this vote switch. Just decides Umasi isn't going to gain steam so decides to vote someone else.


Final sentence is true. First two are not. I voted for Yamato when he had only two posts of considerable length, and the second one made him look like a scumfuk. I think I even justified the vote earlier in the thread. At this point I thought Chairman Ray was town and yamato was isolating him for an easy lynch - and FirmTofu completely waves away the detailed thought process I laid out on why I switched from my townread on Chairman to being the final nail in his coffin. "Seems sketchy at best. I can vote this guy." That's all the rationale he gives.

So in summary, FT's current two reads, say what you will about their targets, are both heavily flawed. His number one read, which he acknowledged had holes in it to Pandain, is still his number one read at the time of this posting. That's incredibly scummy to me - instead of finding the best proof he can, he just latches on whatever reads he can find without regard for their solidity.

Hello Sentinel. Good to have you here. I would like to address what you said about my supposed belief that townies need to commit to their reads. I don't hold this belief at all.

I think townies generally end up committing to their reads, even to a point of fault. This behavior is not good town play, it's just what ends up happening when someone rolls town, at least in my experience.

I, personally, do not usually commit to reads when I am town. If you saw my post regarding my own self-meta, you should be able to get an idea of how I play as town.


Back to you. You initially voted Coagulation and then never really talked about him much after that. Is there anything Coagulation did or said that convinced you he wasn't scum?


I read the filter that marv told me to read, and his play as town there was pretty much a carbon copy of his play here. So I switched to my other scumread, Stutters. Then later I picked up Umasi, a better scumread at the time, and then yamato.

Guess I was wrong about your implication. Like I said, I didn't know if it was your intention, but from your wording it seemed like you would commit to a fault like the townies you speak of. Anyways, my point still stands that you really haven't offered much on Zaragon ever since marv poked holes in your first read.

I am a bit puzzled. Did you think yamato was town when you voted for CR?


Well the post that started all of it had yamato give several scumreads, then vote for Chairman Ray out of all of them. By this point I had an easier time believing Chairman was red rather than green.

When I thought CR was townie, scum yamato could have easily isolated and lynched Chairman since he would prove to offer the least resistance. As scum-CR though, why would scum yamato insta-bus his teammate? He offered several good reads and picked one that didn't look too strong. He'd be a lot safer, at least initially, and have the extra man, if he pushed let's say DarthPunk after that big post.

But he stayed on Chairman. So if Chairman is scum, like I convinced myself he was, yamato must have been town. Now I'm unsure if yamato was scum or simply misguided, so I'm looking to his more recent activity.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 24 2013 21:22 GMT
#3008
EBWOP (Now that Chairman flipped blue) in that last paragraph to make it clear
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
September 25 2013 02:20 GMT
#3181
On September 25 2013 06:12 marvellosity wrote:
Hey Firm.

Here's a few names

Umasi
Zaragron (i know you've talked about him before today)
justanothertownie
kush

Who's scummiest out of this lot and why? Do you think there are mafia in this list, if so how many?


This is what I got through skimming since I'm catching up and posting on short notice:

JAT fluffs like a mofo, Zaragon seems to be shoving all his fluff and I guess consolidating it? Both are generally blending in well and not taking the thread anywhere.

FT made a pretty bad case on Zaragon so maybe that's why I'm having trouble seeing the red and green features. But I don't like either one. JAT is consistently doing nothing while Zaragon has disappeared. Maybe slightly redder JAT.

Umasi's getting better. He's at least trying to contribute to the thread in a good way now and actively discussing.

Kush... I never have any idea wtf kush is doing. With mattchew I've seen him make sense before, kush has pretty much been this way in every game I remember. Including smurf. He's stopped making the modicum of sense he was at the beginning of D1 (the thread police stage), so I have nothing.

I'd say out of these four I would go after JAT first.

I'm going to go look at Mattchew, I haven't looked at him since I brought up his weird pseudo-doc claim thingy
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 940
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC508
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 508
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50043
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1304
EffOrt 1182
Soma 695
Mini 596
Hyuk 582
BeSt 501
Light 459
Larva 415
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
ZerO 220
910 86
Mong 86
Leta 82
Sea.KH 62
Snow 57
firebathero 56
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 37
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Trap 15
Sacsri 15
Rock 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Shine 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva743
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1071
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1643
hiko1284
Beastyqt576
B2W.Neo398
Livibee195
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX178
XaKoH 144
ArmadaUGS115
djWHEAT79
KnowMe78
Mew2King71
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• poizon28 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2565
Other Games
• Shiphtur90
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 32m
Online Event
20h 32m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.