• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:47
CEST 21:47
KST 04:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8398 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 88

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 234 Next
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 11 2013 09:47 GMT
#1741
On August 11 2013 18:46 Ace wrote:
I've already stated I dont have any strong reads yet.

@Oats: Explain how my reasoning is bad.

Then go get some instead of defending yourself? maybe?
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 09:47 GMT
#1742
On August 11 2013 18:46 Dandel Ion wrote:
Why is it assumed scum can split their kp in the first place?


Pretty decent assumption in this large a game, no?
I also think it's pretty standard in hp games?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 11 2013 09:48 GMT
#1743
So Onegu protected me? Maybe I was KP'd by scum but that prevented it. I want to hear who the other one is now. Either he or Onegu is 99% scum since why would a townie RB me, I have absolutely no idea. It just doesn't make any sense. That means we should 100% lynch either Onegu or the mystery player today. But who is it?? Although this also relies on Oberyn being town, so I guess we should 100% lynch Oberyn, Onegu or the mystery player.

One of these three has to be scum barring some really incredible circumstances. Probably not Oberyn based on his focused activity and "risking" himself like this. I explained to iamperfection in detail why I think Onegu is probably town. This leaves me with the mystery player being scum with like 80-90% certainty. Who is it Oberyn???
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 11 2013 09:52 GMT
#1744
On August 11 2013 18:47 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 18:46 Ace wrote:
I've already stated I dont have any strong reads yet.

@Oats: Explain how my reasoning is bad.

Then go get some instead of defending yourself? maybe?


I'm trying to understand your thought process. Stop getting jumpy.

You were antagonistic towards Risen earlier in the game. Why do you buy him being Town with Rayne so easily now?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 11 2013 09:54 GMT
#1745
Here is my Onegu reasoning if you're wondering:

Okay, so: I suggest you go to Nuclear Winter Mafia and open Onegu's filter (he was town). I think there are similarities here (somewhat lacking activity level, somewhat passive behaviour etc.). There are also some posts like this that make me believe he's town: "This is every jrkirby game, check out bluelightz for the most recent example, he is lynch bait in every game." Seems like an honest and spontaneous opinion that doesn't fit with a Mafia mindset.

It feels like he's a bit less aggressive and more "protective" (giving townreads etc.) so it's not all the same. Do you think he's playing to his town meta? I think it's pretty close but there could be a small difference... Maybe that means he's scum this time around. But I'd still lean on town for now.

TLDR: probably town
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 11 2013 09:54 GMT
#1746
On August 11 2013 18:46 Ace wrote:
I've already stated I dont have any strong reads yet.

@Oats: Explain how my reasoning is bad.

your reasoning is 'there may not be scum in every house'

Thats bad. Really bad.
No gg, No skill.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 11 2013 09:55 GMT
#1747
I'm antagonistic towards a lot of people, doesn't mean I'm reading them as scum.

What good will it do you to understand my thought process? I'm already confirmed town.
I'd like ta understand yers, but yer blates refusin meh.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 11 2013 09:57 GMT
#1748
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
August 11 2013 09:58 GMT
#1749
On August 11 2013 18:54 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 18:46 Ace wrote:
I've already stated I dont have any strong reads yet.

@Oats: Explain how my reasoning is bad.

your reasoning is 'there may not be scum in every house'

Thats bad. Really bad.

Whar's bad about that? for all we know house tyrell could be all scum.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 11 2013 09:59 GMT
#1750
On August 11 2013 18:57 Ace wrote:
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.

META
META
META

long live meta
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
August 11 2013 10:01 GMT
#1751
On August 11 2013 18:54 Xatalos wrote:
Here is my Onegu reasoning if you're wondering:

Okay, so: I suggest you go to Nuclear Winter Mafia and open Onegu's filter (he was town). I think there are similarities here (somewhat lacking activity level, somewhat passive behaviour etc.). There are also some posts like this that make me believe he's town: "This is every jrkirby game, check out bluelightz for the most recent example, he is lynch bait in every game." Seems like an honest and spontaneous opinion that doesn't fit with a Mafia mindset.

It feels like he's a bit less aggressive and more "protective" (giving townreads etc.) so it's not all the same. Do you think he's playing to his town meta? I think it's pretty close but there could be a small difference... Maybe that means he's scum this time around. But I'd still lean on town for now.

TLDR: probably town

What's the point of using meta if you don't look at scum games too?
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 11 2013 10:01 GMT
#1752
Clarity, I think grackaroni is town atm. He's also making sense in this discussion. He wouldn't be made Lord if gumshoe died. gumshoe was also playing for scum, even if he was town, so why would scum use their KP and not let him just hinder town (probably a mislynch or at least wasted KP)? Even if he was blue, which was unlikely, he would still almost certainly be of advantage to scum. I would never kill gumshoe as scum, especially if it meant putting myself at risk (like in grackaroni's case).
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 11 2013 10:04 GMT
#1753
On August 11 2013 19:01 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 18:54 Xatalos wrote:
Here is my Onegu reasoning if you're wondering:

Okay, so: I suggest you go to Nuclear Winter Mafia and open Onegu's filter (he was town). I think there are similarities here (somewhat lacking activity level, somewhat passive behaviour etc.). There are also some posts like this that make me believe he's town: "This is every jrkirby game, check out bluelightz for the most recent example, he is lynch bait in every game." Seems like an honest and spontaneous opinion that doesn't fit with a Mafia mindset.

It feels like he's a bit less aggressive and more "protective" (giving townreads etc.) so it's not all the same. Do you think he's playing to his town meta? I think it's pretty close but there could be a small difference... Maybe that means he's scum this time around. But I'd still lean on town for now.

TLDR: probably town

What's the point of using meta if you don't look at scum games too?


I've never played with scum Onegu but you're right, that would be useful (although less than actually playing with him). I'll probably do that soonish. For now I mostly want to know the mystery player though. If he's scum, Onegu is also 100% clean.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 11 2013 10:05 GMT
#1754
On August 11 2013 18:57 Ace wrote:
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.

Why using setup speculation to defend yourself is bad?
Come on Ace.
No gg, No skill.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
August 11 2013 10:08 GMT
#1755
On August 11 2013 19:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 18:57 Ace wrote:
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.

Why using setup speculation to defend yourself is bad?
Come on Ace.

You're using setup speculation to accuse him lol. Quit trolling.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 11 2013 10:09 GMT
#1756
On August 11 2013 19:08 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 19:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
On August 11 2013 18:57 Ace wrote:
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.

Why using setup speculation to defend yourself is bad?
Come on Ace.

You're using setup speculation to accuse him lol. Quit trolling.

Im using meta. Dandel was using setup speculation. Relax Grackaroni.
No gg, No skill.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 11 2013 10:11 GMT
#1757
On August 11 2013 19:01 Xatalos wrote:
Clarity, I think grackaroni is town atm. He's also making sense in this discussion. He wouldn't be made Lord if gumshoe died. gumshoe was also playing for scum, even if he was town, so why would scum use their KP and not let him just hinder town (probably a mislynch or at least wasted KP)? Even if he was blue, which was unlikely, he would still almost certainly be of advantage to scum. I would never kill gumshoe as scum, especially if it meant putting myself at risk (like in grackaroni's case).


That's the thing I never called him scum. I called you and iamp likely town though.
Anyway, killing him as scum makes more sense if one of you three is scum. I'm done WIFOMing though.
If later on in the game there's still no town claim for shooting gumshoe or a flip that suggests town might have shot him, then I want to revisit this.

On August 11 2013 19:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 18:57 Ace wrote:
Oats you're going to have to go into detail and show why. So far I have seen nothing that suggests every house has to have Scum. If there is something that I don't know about point it out.

DI where were you confirmed Town? And um yea, understanding your thought process is a pretty big deal.

Why using setup speculation to defend yourself is bad?
Come on Ace.


He was being attacked with setup speculation... how else is he supposed to defend himself at this point?
He was called scum because of the assumption that his house MUST have a scum, so he explains that we don't know if all houses have scum.

This isn't difficult. Let's just let ace catch up and get some reads, yes?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 11 2013 10:12 GMT
#1758
On August 11 2013 19:04 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 19:01 Grackaroni wrote:
On August 11 2013 18:54 Xatalos wrote:
Here is my Onegu reasoning if you're wondering:

Okay, so: I suggest you go to Nuclear Winter Mafia and open Onegu's filter (he was town). I think there are similarities here (somewhat lacking activity level, somewhat passive behaviour etc.). There are also some posts like this that make me believe he's town: "This is every jrkirby game, check out bluelightz for the most recent example, he is lynch bait in every game." Seems like an honest and spontaneous opinion that doesn't fit with a Mafia mindset.

It feels like he's a bit less aggressive and more "protective" (giving townreads etc.) so it's not all the same. Do you think he's playing to his town meta? I think it's pretty close but there could be a small difference... Maybe that means he's scum this time around. But I'd still lean on town for now.

TLDR: probably town

What's the point of using meta if you don't look at scum games too?


I've never played with scum Onegu but you're right, that would be useful (although less than actually playing with him). I'll probably do that soonish. For now I mostly want to know the mystery player though. If he's scum, Onegu is also 100% clean.



NMM XLII, NMM XLIII, and bluelightz are my scum games, NWM and NMM XLIV are town. Also can the Lords give me some thoughts on SnB his claim to have well over 100 PMs, but such a small filter with his vote and reason on me were so scummy.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 11 2013 10:13 GMT
#1759
What meta are you using Oats? Explain thoroughly. I haven't seen you do so at all.

The OP says nothing about how many Scum are in the game or how they are allocated between houses. I point this out to "defend" myself. How is this setup speculation and not just reading the OP? You are the one assuming there must be at least 1 scum in each house.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 11 2013 10:17 GMT
#1760
On August 11 2013 19:13 Ace wrote:
What meta are you using Oats? Explain thoroughly. I haven't seen you do so at all.

The OP says nothing about how many Scum are in the game or how they are allocated between houses. I point this out to "defend" myself. How is this setup speculation and not just reading the OP? You are the one assuming there must be at least 1 scum in each house.

I dont want to explain why I think you are scum, cause I dont really want to lynch you today.

I would like you to explain why you think someone is scum though.
No gg, No skill.
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM906
TaKeTV 366
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC164
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 906
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 164
RuFF_SC2 142
ZombieGrub98
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 509
Dewaltoss 115
910 68
Mind 60
Bale 14
Counter-Strike
fl0m3992
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4943
Liquid`Hasu571
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 13
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade350
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.