• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:31
CEST 05:31
KST 12:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9530 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 109

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 234 Next
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 12 2013 12:34 GMT
#2161
Anyway oberyn is pretty damn town. onegu could still be scum, obviously. This changes nothing as scum would have gone along with it anyway. If onegu is scum then it also makes sense that scum roleblock didn't claim.

That said, there are other scenario's where he's town and things still make sense.

Nice effort by oberyn, sadly didn't help us. No reason to wifom over it any longer
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:34 GMT
#2162
On August 12 2013 21:32 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:28 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.


I considered oberyn's claim to be a possible fakeclaim. I thought Onegu's claim was real though. If I am scum I just hope it's a fakeclaim because if I claim jailkeeper in thread I'm getting lynched regardless.

Ehh.. Why is that?


Why, if I'm scum would I rather hope its a fakeclaim than fakeclaim jailkeeper cause I think I'll get lynched anyway?
Because we were planning on lynching a jailkeeper claims anyway, perhaps?

I dunno if you were but i definitely wasn´t. It all would have depended on who claims, what have their actions been before and what they will be after (not only night actions, also in thread actions).
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:34 GMT
#2163
On August 12 2013 21:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Xata, what earlier question?


What would I achieve by fakeclaiming being roleblocked? The only reason I can think of is that game where I was scum and used our RB repeatedly on myself to gain townie points. Do you refer to that? If so, do you think I'm scum? There is really no other sensible reason to fakeclaim being roleblocked that I can think of. So why do you still doubt my claim?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:38 GMT
#2164
On August 12 2013 21:34 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Xata, what earlier question?


What would I achieve by fakeclaiming being roleblocked? The only reason I can think of is that game where I was scum and used our RB repeatedly on myself to gain townie points. Do you refer to that? If so, do you think I'm scum? There is really no other sensible reason to fakeclaim being roleblocked that I can think of. So why do you still doubt my claim?

I don´t think you are fakeclaiming roleblocked. I think you are the towniest player in this game besides Dandel.
I was just sayin you MIGHT be not telling the truth, not that i think it´s the case here.

Because that would be super good scum powerplay, claim roleblocked, fakeclaim watcher, fakeclaim medic, make town assume wrong number of roleblockers/jailers/whatever, nothing seems scummy to anyone. Just a good play to "bait out scum roleblocker".
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:39 GMT
#2165
Clarity did you read my post when i talked with Onegu about my suspicion on him? Did you read what i wrote about Oberyn? I agree, other than his stance on Onegu (which is weird), he looks pretty town.
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:40 GMT
#2166
On August 12 2013 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:34 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Xata, what earlier question?


What would I achieve by fakeclaiming being roleblocked? The only reason I can think of is that game where I was scum and used our RB repeatedly on myself to gain townie points. Do you refer to that? If so, do you think I'm scum? There is really no other sensible reason to fakeclaim being roleblocked that I can think of. So why do you still doubt my claim?

I don´t think you are fakeclaiming roleblocked. I think you are the towniest player in this game besides Dandel.
I was just sayin you MIGHT be not telling the truth, not that i think it´s the case here.

Because that would be super good scum powerplay, claim roleblocked, fakeclaim watcher, fakeclaim medic, make town assume wrong number of roleblockers/jailers/whatever, nothing seems scummy to anyone. Just a good play to "bait out scum roleblocker".


The WIFOM is strong with this one O.o

Wouldn't that all fall apart if one of us flipped scum? Then that'd mean (almost) game over. For no very meaningful gain.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:41 GMT
#2167
Not to mention that I think both Oberyn and Onegu are town. And you think I'm town. So it's just a very far-fetched WIFOM theory.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 12 2013 12:42 GMT
#2168
Xata. In titanic when I claimed roleblock n1 he immediately called me scum
I think rayn is one of those people that believe the moonlanding didn't happen.
Don't worry about it.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:43 GMT
#2169
On August 12 2013 21:41 Xatalos wrote:
Not to mention that I think both Oberyn and Onegu are town. And you think I'm town. So it's just a very far-fetched WIFOM theory.

As i said i do not think it´s the case here. I am pretty sure you are town. I just gave you a scenario where you are not town, because you asked for it. :D

I´m not sure about Oberyn and Onegu. I want to hear from them.
table for two on a tv tray
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 12 2013 12:46 GMT
#2170
Ok first when this happened only xata had claimed being RB, oberyn straight up said Im claiming watcher do me a favor and claim one shot medic. We can get scum rb to try to defend himself and catch him. Or possibly the person will counterclaim me saying he was medic and I was the roleblocker. The first thing I told him was be careful because my scum meta has a history of random claims. He looked really town from this to me, there was no way he could lie to get me lynched because my flip would get him lynched right away and I didnt see any motivation for him to make the fakeclaim as scum.
Try TL Mafia!!!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:50 GMT
#2171
On August 12 2013 21:46 Onegu wrote:
Ok first when this happened only xata had claimed being RB, oberyn straight up said Im claiming watcher do me a favor and claim one shot medic. We can get scum rb to try to defend himself and catch him. Or possibly the person will counterclaim me saying he was medic and I was the roleblocker. The first thing I told him was be careful because my scum meta has a history of random claims. He looked really town from this to me, there was no way he could lie to get me lynched because my flip would get him lynched right away and I didnt see any motivation for him to make the fakeclaim as scum.

You really don´t see any motivation for him claiming that as scum? Even if you think really hard?
What difference does it make that only Xatalos had claimed being roleblocked and Clarity had not?
table for two on a tv tray
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 12 2013 12:53 GMT
#2172
I cant say anything about Oberyn, but I felt it was more likely he was RB by scum than N1 Jailed by town. Do we know if Scum KP is factional or not?
Try TL Mafia!!!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 12 2013 12:54 GMT
#2173
um what?
There is plenty of motivation for Oberyn to do the claiming watcher thing, assuming Xata got targeted by scum and didnt die, so they can hopefully get the town jailkeeper to claim or whatever. Also if none of the scum visited Xata, there is almost no downside to doing what Oberyn did.
No gg, No skill.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 12 2013 12:55 GMT
#2174
Well when I did the claim I didnt think of anything, plus I had a town read on him from before.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 12 2013 12:58 GMT
#2175
So you agree that there is significant upside and no downside for Oberyn to do this as scum Onegu?
No gg, No skill.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 12 2013 13:01 GMT
#2176
Still thinking and going through possibilities. Town JK claims is very townie person isnt lynched, dies at night, next day oberyn is lynched. He would trade himself for one blue. Doesnt make much sense.
Try TL Mafia!!!
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 13:02 GMT
#2177
On August 12 2013 22:01 Onegu wrote:
Still thinking and going through possibilities. Town JK claims is very townie person isnt lynched, dies at night, next day oberyn is lynched. He would trade himself for one blue. Doesnt make much sense.

And if town JK did claim and get´s nightkilled town!Oberyn (by your thought process) get´s lynched. Now how does that make sense?
table for two on a tv tray
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 12 2013 13:03 GMT
#2178
Town JK, but slightly scummy person, gets lymched, next day oberyn is lynched. Scum RB claims gets lynched, oberyn gets mad town cred. No one claims, nothing happens but get people to look at you hard, something scum doesnt want.
Try TL Mafia!!!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 12 2013 13:04 GMT
#2179
Um what? Why would Oberyn get lynched?
No gg, No skill.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 13:04 GMT
#2180
On August 12 2013 22:04 Oatsmaster wrote:
Um what? Why would Oberyn get lynched?

That´s my question aswell.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1928
GuemChi 1396
NotJumperer 144
910 74
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
taco 489
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Other Games
summit1g8156
Doublelift1818
JimRising 601
C9.Mang0375
PiGStarcraft288
WinterStarcraft269
Maynarde122
Coldzera 41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1010
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo713
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 29m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.