• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8106 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 108

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 234 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:00 GMT
#2141
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 12 2013 12:06 GMT
#2142
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
August 12 2013 12:09 GMT
#2143
Pretty sure you were lord when Grackaroni wrote the post Onegu is quoting here. It was D1.
+ Show Spoiler +

On August 12 2013 01:49 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 18:00 Grackaroni wrote:
Finally read the thread, I am most suspicious of Jrkirby. First off Nobody in House Martell has gotten a good read off of him because nobody in House Martell really talked to each. The best contribution in thread he made was calling out S0lstice for not electing his town read and naming 2 people town who the majority of town has already agreed were town.

After that he started making posts such

On August 09 2013 06:35 jrkirby wrote:
Finally, why have all the houses not posted a list of their members yet?

I think that it's actually beneficial to town to post these lists, and here's why:

1) Once scum have a list of 5 of the houses, they have a list of every house.

2) in a 24 player game, scum almost guaranteed have 4-6 members. Scum are spread out (I think it's random or something, right?) so they already know probably 3-4 houses at the start.

3) 2 (or is it 3?) houses have already posted their list. There's a good chance this fills in the missing info for scum.

4) All the house lists will probably be posted by day 2 anyway. Scum will only be missing this info for a short time.

5) Scum know all the lords already. This further helps them fill in the gaps.

6) Knowing the houses is not too beneficial to scum. Scum are more likely to want to eliminate every non-scum player in a house than an entire house (based off my possibly flawed logic - they can use this to WIFOM, be careful).

7) Knowing the houses is beneficial to town. We can help predict who will be lord in later days, we can help predict who is likely to be shot. We know who can PM a certain player, so it's easier to find people with reads on them. We don't think two people are on a scumteam together when they're just house buddies. Things are simpler, we don't get confused when REDACTED is posted. The list goes on.

8) Displaying all houses gives more info to town than it gives to scum.

9) Transparency is beneficial to town, and giving out house lists helps with transparency.

I can think of one good reason why we might not want to give out house lists:

1) There might be 3P that wants to eliminate a house, or secondary objectives for scum to eliminate a house. This is entirely speculation though, so I don't put too much weight into it.

This is a post that I would be ok with if it was in the start of the game, but he chose to talk about this during a time when scumhunting was actually taking place and he could actually participate in conversation.
On August 09 2013 06:41 jrkirby wrote:
One question I would like to ask the thread: Does anyone KNOW how much HP they have? I do not know how much HP I have. If you know, obviously I'm not asking you to announce how much HP you have to the thread. Actually, don't even say that you know how much HP you have. I just want to announce that I do not know how much HP I have.

This could be beneficial to town because then they can do better speculation on what people's roles are like.

Choosing to talk about setup rather than scumhunting and he has already disappeared without really pressuring or conversing with anybody

Everyone else has seemed engaged in the current conversations and actively scumhunting and these posts just didn't fit in with what I think a townie would be posting about during the time of the thread. He seems like he is more interested in blending into town than scumhunting.

There was an exchange between Oats and Yamato at the start of the game that rubbed me the wrong way. It was so disruptive and anti-town, that I have trouble believing that it came from 2 town players. It didn't seem normal to me and I even got a little bit of a staged feeling (as in they could be both scum randomly attacking each other at the start of the game). I think remember someone claiming they were probably town for being aggressive but some scum are more comfortable getting in arguments with people to help buff up their post count and mask their lack of contributions.

@Xata/Clarity/anyone awake. Is there anybody you would like me to comment on before i go to bed?



I wanted to point out this post, first how does he know we havent talked to jrkirby much, actually at this point in time I had actually started to PM more often than I had been, graken isnt a lord and we didnt say to much in post about our pms with jrkirby, it was yamato we hadnt talked to much. He also talks about blending in but thats not what jrkirby did he brought up points that werent being talked about. Jrkirby always looks scummy and is a very easy target for scum to pick up on and make it look like they are searching scum when they are just going after a weaker player.

He then goes on with a bunch of short posts agreeing with random things and basicly dropping kirby. And stays talking about the DI s0l thing alot. Then once he sees a bandwagon starting he jumps on it saying I should be voted. And he goes back and forth on the gumshoe kill and what happened alot. I have a slight scum read on him.

raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:12 GMT
#2144
On August 12 2013 21:09 Vivax wrote:
Pretty sure you were lord when Grackaroni wrote the post Onegu is quoting here. It was D1.
+ Show Spoiler +

On August 12 2013 01:49 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 18:00 Grackaroni wrote:
Finally read the thread, I am most suspicious of Jrkirby. First off Nobody in House Martell has gotten a good read off of him because nobody in House Martell really talked to each. The best contribution in thread he made was calling out S0lstice for not electing his town read and naming 2 people town who the majority of town has already agreed were town.

After that he started making posts such

On August 09 2013 06:35 jrkirby wrote:
Finally, why have all the houses not posted a list of their members yet?

I think that it's actually beneficial to town to post these lists, and here's why:

1) Once scum have a list of 5 of the houses, they have a list of every house.

2) in a 24 player game, scum almost guaranteed have 4-6 members. Scum are spread out (I think it's random or something, right?) so they already know probably 3-4 houses at the start.

3) 2 (or is it 3?) houses have already posted their list. There's a good chance this fills in the missing info for scum.

4) All the house lists will probably be posted by day 2 anyway. Scum will only be missing this info for a short time.

5) Scum know all the lords already. This further helps them fill in the gaps.

6) Knowing the houses is not too beneficial to scum. Scum are more likely to want to eliminate every non-scum player in a house than an entire house (based off my possibly flawed logic - they can use this to WIFOM, be careful).

7) Knowing the houses is beneficial to town. We can help predict who will be lord in later days, we can help predict who is likely to be shot. We know who can PM a certain player, so it's easier to find people with reads on them. We don't think two people are on a scumteam together when they're just house buddies. Things are simpler, we don't get confused when REDACTED is posted. The list goes on.

8) Displaying all houses gives more info to town than it gives to scum.

9) Transparency is beneficial to town, and giving out house lists helps with transparency.

I can think of one good reason why we might not want to give out house lists:

1) There might be 3P that wants to eliminate a house, or secondary objectives for scum to eliminate a house. This is entirely speculation though, so I don't put too much weight into it.

This is a post that I would be ok with if it was in the start of the game, but he chose to talk about this during a time when scumhunting was actually taking place and he could actually participate in conversation.
On August 09 2013 06:41 jrkirby wrote:
One question I would like to ask the thread: Does anyone KNOW how much HP they have? I do not know how much HP I have. If you know, obviously I'm not asking you to announce how much HP you have to the thread. Actually, don't even say that you know how much HP you have. I just want to announce that I do not know how much HP I have.

This could be beneficial to town because then they can do better speculation on what people's roles are like.

Choosing to talk about setup rather than scumhunting and he has already disappeared without really pressuring or conversing with anybody

Everyone else has seemed engaged in the current conversations and actively scumhunting and these posts just didn't fit in with what I think a townie would be posting about during the time of the thread. He seems like he is more interested in blending into town than scumhunting.

There was an exchange between Oats and Yamato at the start of the game that rubbed me the wrong way. It was so disruptive and anti-town, that I have trouble believing that it came from 2 town players. It didn't seem normal to me and I even got a little bit of a staged feeling (as in they could be both scum randomly attacking each other at the start of the game). I think remember someone claiming they were probably town for being aggressive but some scum are more comfortable getting in arguments with people to help buff up their post count and mask their lack of contributions.

@Xata/Clarity/anyone awake. Is there anybody you would like me to comment on before i go to bed?



I wanted to point out this post, first how does he know we havent talked to jrkirby much, actually at this point in time I had actually started to PM more often than I had been, graken isnt a lord and we didnt say to much in post about our pms with jrkirby, it was yamato we hadnt talked to much. He also talks about blending in but thats not what jrkirby did he brought up points that werent being talked about. Jrkirby always looks scummy and is a very easy target for scum to pick up on and make it look like they are searching scum when they are just going after a weaker player.

He then goes on with a bunch of short posts agreeing with random things and basicly dropping kirby. And stays talking about the DI s0l thing alot. Then once he sees a bandwagon starting he jumps on it saying I should be voted. And he goes back and forth on the gumshoe kill and what happened alot. I have a slight scum read on him.


Xatalos has not been a lord once this game...
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:12 GMT
#2145
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


What would I achieve by fakeclaiming being roleblocked? The only reason I can think of is that game where I was scum and used our RB repeatedly on myself to gain townie points. Do you refer to that? If so, do you think I'm scum? There is really no other sensible reason to fakeclaim being roleblocked that I can think of. So why do you still doubt my claim?

Also, do you think Oberyn and Onegu made a public alliance to lure out a jailer? That seems pretty far-fetched to say the least.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:14 GMT
#2146
On August 12 2013 21:09 Vivax wrote:
Pretty sure you were lord when Grackaroni wrote the post Onegu is quoting here. It was D1.
+ Show Spoiler +

On August 12 2013 01:49 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2013 18:00 Grackaroni wrote:
Finally read the thread, I am most suspicious of Jrkirby. First off Nobody in House Martell has gotten a good read off of him because nobody in House Martell really talked to each. The best contribution in thread he made was calling out S0lstice for not electing his town read and naming 2 people town who the majority of town has already agreed were town.

After that he started making posts such

On August 09 2013 06:35 jrkirby wrote:
Finally, why have all the houses not posted a list of their members yet?

I think that it's actually beneficial to town to post these lists, and here's why:

1) Once scum have a list of 5 of the houses, they have a list of every house.

2) in a 24 player game, scum almost guaranteed have 4-6 members. Scum are spread out (I think it's random or something, right?) so they already know probably 3-4 houses at the start.

3) 2 (or is it 3?) houses have already posted their list. There's a good chance this fills in the missing info for scum.

4) All the house lists will probably be posted by day 2 anyway. Scum will only be missing this info for a short time.

5) Scum know all the lords already. This further helps them fill in the gaps.

6) Knowing the houses is not too beneficial to scum. Scum are more likely to want to eliminate every non-scum player in a house than an entire house (based off my possibly flawed logic - they can use this to WIFOM, be careful).

7) Knowing the houses is beneficial to town. We can help predict who will be lord in later days, we can help predict who is likely to be shot. We know who can PM a certain player, so it's easier to find people with reads on them. We don't think two people are on a scumteam together when they're just house buddies. Things are simpler, we don't get confused when REDACTED is posted. The list goes on.

8) Displaying all houses gives more info to town than it gives to scum.

9) Transparency is beneficial to town, and giving out house lists helps with transparency.

I can think of one good reason why we might not want to give out house lists:

1) There might be 3P that wants to eliminate a house, or secondary objectives for scum to eliminate a house. This is entirely speculation though, so I don't put too much weight into it.

This is a post that I would be ok with if it was in the start of the game, but he chose to talk about this during a time when scumhunting was actually taking place and he could actually participate in conversation.
On August 09 2013 06:41 jrkirby wrote:
One question I would like to ask the thread: Does anyone KNOW how much HP they have? I do not know how much HP I have. If you know, obviously I'm not asking you to announce how much HP you have to the thread. Actually, don't even say that you know how much HP you have. I just want to announce that I do not know how much HP I have.

This could be beneficial to town because then they can do better speculation on what people's roles are like.

Choosing to talk about setup rather than scumhunting and he has already disappeared without really pressuring or conversing with anybody

Everyone else has seemed engaged in the current conversations and actively scumhunting and these posts just didn't fit in with what I think a townie would be posting about during the time of the thread. He seems like he is more interested in blending into town than scumhunting.

There was an exchange between Oats and Yamato at the start of the game that rubbed me the wrong way. It was so disruptive and anti-town, that I have trouble believing that it came from 2 town players. It didn't seem normal to me and I even got a little bit of a staged feeling (as in they could be both scum randomly attacking each other at the start of the game). I think remember someone claiming they were probably town for being aggressive but some scum are more comfortable getting in arguments with people to help buff up their post count and mask their lack of contributions.

@Xata/Clarity/anyone awake. Is there anybody you would like me to comment on before i go to bed?



I wanted to point out this post, first how does he know we havent talked to jrkirby much, actually at this point in time I had actually started to PM more often than I had been, graken isnt a lord and we didnt say to much in post about our pms with jrkirby, it was yamato we hadnt talked to much. He also talks about blending in but thats not what jrkirby did he brought up points that werent being talked about. Jrkirby always looks scummy and is a very easy target for scum to pick up on and make it look like they are searching scum when they are just going after a weaker player.

He then goes on with a bunch of short posts agreeing with random things and basicly dropping kirby. And stays talking about the DI s0l thing alot. Then once he sees a bandwagon starting he jumps on it saying I should be voted. And he goes back and forth on the gumshoe kill and what happened alot. I have a slight scum read on him.



Are you even reading the thread at all?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
August 12 2013 12:14 GMT
#2147
wouldn't be the first time lol

tho that was mostly jay's doing iirc
A backwards poet writes inverse.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:15 GMT
#2148
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 12 2013 12:22 GMT
#2149
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:22 GMT
#2150
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Well, if one of them flips scum, this should certainly be considered. But at the moment they both feel town so I don't see why we should start to suspect them based on a pretty unlikely (although not impossible) scenario.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:24 GMT
#2151
It was Oberyn's idea though so he should be your "main suspect", I guess.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:26 GMT
#2152
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:26 GMT
#2153
I was briefly considering if rayn could be scum but I came back with the conclusion that he has to be town. Clearly too much pro-town effort.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 12 2013 12:28 GMT
#2154
On August 12 2013 21:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.


I considered oberyn's claim to be a possible fakeclaim. I thought Onegu's claim was real though. If I am scum I just hope it's a fakeclaim because if I claim jailkeeper in thread I'm getting lynched regardless.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:29 GMT
#2155
On August 12 2013 21:24 Xatalos wrote:
It was Oberyn's idea though so he should be your "main suspect", I guess.

It depends on things. I need them to comment before i say more.
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:30 GMT
#2156
On August 12 2013 21:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.


Or unless I was AFK for the duration. But you're right, it does make sense that X would have known the truth. So do you think Oberyn is scum?

Could you answer my earlier question btw?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:31 GMT
#2157
On August 12 2013 21:28 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.


I considered oberyn's claim to be a possible fakeclaim. I thought Onegu's claim was real though. If I am scum I just hope it's a fakeclaim because if I claim jailkeeper in thread I'm getting lynched regardless.

Ehh.. Why is that?
table for two on a tv tray
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 12 2013 12:31 GMT
#2158
On August 12 2013 21:28 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.


I considered oberyn's claim to be a possible fakeclaim. I thought Onegu's claim was real though. If I am scum I just hope it's a fakeclaim because if I claim jailkeeper in thread I'm getting lynched regardless.


That might be what happened as well.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
August 12 2013 12:31 GMT
#2159
Xata, what earlier question?
table for two on a tv tray
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
August 12 2013 12:32 GMT
#2160
On August 12 2013 21:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2013 21:28 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:22 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:15 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
On August 12 2013 21:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2013 20:17 Xatalos wrote:
On August 12 2013 19:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What in Ace´s posts makes him scum?

Back to the drawing board with Oberyn & Onegu i guess.
O&O, why do you think the guy who assumably roleblocked Xatalos did not claim?


What exactly do you mean with "assumably"?

Because Oberyn and Onegu fakeclaimed. Don´t get me wrong, i think it´s likely that you were rb´d/jailed but it´s not sure.

I would like to hear what Oberyn and Onegu were trying to achieve by this? Because given 2 roleblock claims it´s reasonable to assume one of them is a jailkeeper. In case mafia roleblocked Clarity (which seems to be the case here) they would know they did not roleblock you. That would give them a good reason to lure out a jailer claim.


I don' t think that's a reasonable assumption at all. Plausible, yes. But not so overwhelmingly likely that you should assume it.
Two scum roleblockers in this large a game isn't that strange

If there is a jailer xata would be a good target, if there is a town roleblocker then it makes more sense for him to target me over xata.

What Oberyn & Onegu did would be a good scum strategy aswell. The strange thing here is that noone claimed the roleblock on Xata. In any case (assuming O&O are town) that player kinda has to assume they are telling the truth (especially if that player is mafia), and basically HAS to claim JK. Assume you are mafia roleblocker and rb´d Xata. Two townies claim, do you assume the watcher has your name or would you take your chances with not claiming?


Assume you are town jailkeeper, why do you not claim?
You're using logic that works both ways and are applying it to only one side.

Could one of onegu/oberyn be scum? yeah. Could both be? I'm pretty sure not so much.

That´s the point. If i was town JK i would claim. If i was scum RB´r i would claim.
Unless i know the cake is a lie.


I considered oberyn's claim to be a possible fakeclaim. I thought Onegu's claim was real though. If I am scum I just hope it's a fakeclaim because if I claim jailkeeper in thread I'm getting lynched regardless.

Ehh.. Why is that?


Why, if I'm scum would I rather hope its a fakeclaim than fakeclaim jailkeeper cause I think I'll get lynched anyway?
Because we were planning on lynching a jailkeeper claims anyway, perhaps?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech36
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 31
Sharp 31
Yoon 25
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 396
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7875
ceh9636
Happy350
crisheroes219
Sick180
dupreeh93
Pyrionflax92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast8
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 11m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.