• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:53
CEST 00:53
KST 07:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10147 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLIV - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 17:42 GMT
#622
On July 15 2013 02:26 StiMaDDict wrote:
@jkirby: please, stop dodging the subject. Why did you think those 3 were most suspicious at the time your posting and what is your current read on them.


Oh, that was the question. Woops.

Rainbows & Umasi: I didn't like the way they were hunting stim and arguing over semantics. It's a really weak scumtell, and I had a really weak scumread. What else can you do that early in the game? I only really mentioned it because I was specifically asked, if I recall.

I'm still suspicious of sponge for the way he reacted to that "unposted" writing drama. I think he's the next filter I'll dive.

Also, I looked through rainbow's filter, and after that early stim back and forth, miscommunicating stuff, he seems to have a clearer townish filter.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 17:48 GMT
#625
On July 15 2013 02:38 Chromatically wrote:
Well, what information did you get from it?

We got that he claims to have a post that he would've posted on the condition that he's scum, but he won't post it. He clearly admitted it. And there's an obvious scum reasoning behind that: He didn't actually have something to post, because he IS scum. That isn't to say there isn't neutral motivations, as he already posted one. We also got to see how he defends himself. Apparently he does it in a calm rational manner, and provides clear (if somewhat dubious) reasoning for his actions.

If you don't have anything new to ask me, I'm going to read his filter now.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 18:27 GMT
#640
On July 15 2013 02:51 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 02:48 jrkirby wrote:
On July 15 2013 02:38 Chromatically wrote:
Well, what information did you get from it?

We got that he claims to have a post that he would've posted on the condition that he's scum, but he won't post it. He clearly admitted it. And there's an obvious scum reasoning behind that: He didn't actually have something to post, because he IS scum. That isn't to say there isn't neutral motivations, as he already posted one. We also got to see how he defends himself. Apparently he does it in a calm rational manner, and provides clear (if somewhat dubious) reasoning for his actions.

If you don't have anything new to ask me, I'm going to read his filter now.

So it sounds like you got a scummy feel from the situation. However, you never show any signs of this.

Why wouldn't you pressure vote him? Why wouldn't you keep pressuring him? Why wouldn't you ask others for reads on him?

These are all things that townies would do to develop and push their reads, but you never show any interest in Sponge after this. You show no signs at all that you actually care about Sponge's alignment.


It actually might have been a good idea for me to put a pressure vote on him. I'm not the greatest player, but that sounds like that would've been a good idea. Too bad I didn't think of that earlier. I didn't keep pressuring him because I didn't have anything to pressure him on. I guess I should've asked for others' reads on him too. This is all good advice, wish I had thought of it earlier myself. Thanks.

My current view on Hurricane: I think hes scum, but a very bad day one lynch.

Reasoning:

1) He claims he wanted stim to act all angry. I personally disagree, and I think angry players are as bad for town as lurkers.

2) He votes against me, the only person really putting any pressure on him at all. This is only after I already have two votes, as well.

3) His refusal to post something about this mafia game that I asked him to.

I don't think he'd make a good day one lynch, because he's a logical rational player who writes well. If I am wrong about him, he'd make a good ally on the town team.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 18:32 GMT
#644
On July 15 2013 02:53 hzflank wrote:

Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 13:38 jrkirby wrote:
I don't think he's town. I think he's stupid, and have a nullread.


Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 01:47 jrkirby wrote:
And when I'm talking to someone to try to help them calm down, I'm going to phrase it from a "we're both town" perspective. Doing it any other way is going to backfire.

Then why did you call him stupid?

This is the most damning point that I have seen against you. You treat Stim as though you have a town read on him and then call him stupid and claim to have a null read.

You now say that you were trying to help him calm down. Yet you called him stupid.

When in your life have you ever gotten someone to calm down by calling them stupid? Why did you call Stim stupid?


You're right, I shouldn't have called him stupid. I dislike it when players get really angry, doing irrational things, and I made a mistake. That wasn't the best thing to say at the time. But partially I said it because it was a) honest, and b) people were asking me my opinion on him.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 18:37 GMT
#646
On July 15 2013 03:08 Gotard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 02:03 jrkirby wrote:
Gotard is really sheeping with his vote on me. In one post, he says I "confuse him a little" before anyone has voted me. Then he votes me saying:
Jrkirby looks like a better lynch than Superfluous right now.

What? You think that you can just sheep me because of the two biggest bandwagons, you like this one better? You think you don't need to do anything, and it's just fine to jump on whatever BW you see fit? Because that is NOT ok. You better pick up your play, because that is scum.

He reiterates a couple of things other people have said, and doesn't even get all of it, and misinterprets even basic things:
His post claiming that hzflank is mafia was awkward and then he defended himself saying that it was only a joke/pressure combo.

That was like the third post of the day, and I was quoting things that happened before the game even started. If you thought there was a chance that it was completely serious, then you weren't paying much attention.

On top of that, he's barely posted, hasn't posted an original scumread, and has pressured no one.

Guys, I think we found scum.

Vote: Gotard

Since the majority of votes is required to lynch someone you need to jump on wagons or make really strong case for other to follow and some people are just better than me at doing that.

What do you mean by saying "You think you don't need to do anything, and it's just fine to jump on whatever BW you see fit". You can say stuff like that about 50% of the players in this game... And this bandwagon of course fits me because I find you scummy.

"That was like the third post of the day, and I was quoting things that happened before the game even started. If you thought there was a chance that it was completely serious, then you weren't paying much attention.". Then what was the point of that post? To confuse people? To make fake content? I don't see how that post was pro town in any way. It was simply useless.

"On top of that, he's barely posted, hasn't posted an original scumread, and has pressured no one.". It's hard to post "original scumread" when you are in EU timezone and game is the most active when you sleep. Do you want me to talk to myself? rotfl. (That was a little scummy excuse T_T). I do what I can do which is more passive play.


These are just excuses. Read filters, hunt scum. Don't look for where the votes are, reiterate what everyone else has said, and then vote the same way.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 18:40 GMT
#648
On July 15 2013 03:35 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 03:27 jrkirby wrote:
On July 15 2013 02:51 Chromatically wrote:
On July 15 2013 02:48 jrkirby wrote:
On July 15 2013 02:38 Chromatically wrote:
Well, what information did you get from it?

We got that he claims to have a post that he would've posted on the condition that he's scum, but he won't post it. He clearly admitted it. And there's an obvious scum reasoning behind that: He didn't actually have something to post, because he IS scum. That isn't to say there isn't neutral motivations, as he already posted one. We also got to see how he defends himself. Apparently he does it in a calm rational manner, and provides clear (if somewhat dubious) reasoning for his actions.

If you don't have anything new to ask me, I'm going to read his filter now.

So it sounds like you got a scummy feel from the situation. However, you never show any signs of this.

Why wouldn't you pressure vote him? Why wouldn't you keep pressuring him? Why wouldn't you ask others for reads on him?

These are all things that townies would do to develop and push their reads, but you never show any interest in Sponge after this. You show no signs at all that you actually care about Sponge's alignment.


It actually might have been a good idea for me to put a pressure vote on him. I'm not the greatest player, but that sounds like that would've been a good idea. Too bad I didn't think of that earlier. I didn't keep pressuring him because I didn't have anything to pressure him on. I guess I should've asked for others' reads on him too. This is all good advice, wish I had thought of it earlier myself. Thanks.

You didn't have anything to pressure him on?!? What about what you literally just told me?
Show nested quote +

We got that he claims to have a post that he would've posted on the condition that he's scum, but he won't post it. He clearly admitted it. And there's an obvious scum reasoning behind that: He didn't actually have something to post, because he IS scum. That isn't to say there isn't neutral motivations, as he already posted one. We also got to see how he defends himself. Apparently he does it in a calm rational manner, and provides clear (if somewhat dubious) reasoning for his actions.


A townie would post their scumread in the thread with their reasoning. You DID have something to pressure him on, but you DIDN'T.



You guys aren't really going to let this slide, right?


I didn't have anything ELSE to pressure him on.

And I didn't want to completely tunnel him either.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 18:54 GMT
#654
Does anyone have defense for Gotard? Rainbows, you unvoted him to vote... no one? I don't understand. It doesn't sound like you've stopped thinking he's scum, you just unvoted him.

Can someone else read Gotard's filter and tell me why he's not scum?
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 19:29 GMT
#679
My read on superflous: slightly scummy. At first he talks about doing a no lynch, and first day, you have to at least TRY to lynch. If you don't even try, the first day might as well not have even happened, which is bad. He votes xzavier for pretty much no reason, and that's a bit scummy too. He comes back today, bu he still hasn't switched to Koshi, who's the only person he's written a case on.

Overall, I'd prefer to lynch someone else over him, but might vote for him if that's the only way to get a lynch.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:29 GMT
#707
I think that you're right about gotard. He seems a lot like jarjardrinks in the first game I played. But no one is really taking a second look at him. In about 10 minutes I'm going to switch my vote from gotard to superflous, as he seems a bit scummy and I'd rather lynch him than no one.

But I would much prefer it if the case on gotard were reviewed by everyone. When I called him out on his sheep vote, instead of giving good reasons for his vote, he just said,oh, other people are doing the same thing. That's not an excuse.

And besides, gotard: Other people ARE posting why they are on the bandwagon their on. Sure, some people haven't voted yet, but most people who have voted have at least a bit of reasonig behind it, rather than just "I find you scummy."
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:36 GMT
#718
How can you say I'm not trying to find scum? I put pressure on hurricane sponge early game, maybe not as much as you like. I pointed out something I thought might be a scumslip by rainbows. I've put a case on gotard. These are all scumhunting. Maybe I didn't follow through on these as much as I should have, but I was hunting.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:39 GMT
#720
On July 15 2013 05:35 Rainbows wrote:
unvote
vote: jrkirby

cus chrom said so

Wait, is this sarcastic? Because you didn't do this in the voting thread.

Also, nightcat just voted in the vote thread with nothing(?) in the main thread.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:39 GMT
#721
On July 15 2013 05:36 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 05:35 Superfluous wrote:
He asked if he was a good play. I'm saying its not, and it doesn't help the town. In an experienced player game it could be an early gambit here I don't think it is if only because he's being replaced.


Where did all that vet stuff come from?

I think he misread VT as veteran. VT means vanilla town, super.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:40 GMT
#725
EBWOP: I see rainbows vote now
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:42 GMT
#729
Well, Gotard's wagon isn't going to happen, that's pretty clear now.

##Unvote: gotard
[b]Vote: superflous[b]
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:50 GMT
#742
Well, superfluous is probably going to vote me, and I'll die.

So, reads:

hzflank and chromatically seem town.

Koshi, xzavier seem a bit scummy, not a bad choice.

cloud-9 is probably going to get replaced, no info on him.

nightcat might come back and be worth something, I wish he had realized he couldn't commit to this. Nullread.

Rainbows sounds pretty town to me too.

Hurricane is someone you should take a close look at, it's hard to tell. He might not be the best lynch tomorrow.

Umasi i don't have a good read on, neither stim.

Gotard would be an excellent lynch tomorrow if I die.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:54 GMT
#747
On July 15 2013 05:52 Umasi wrote:
can I just ask what people are talking about with someone claimed vet or vt or whatever the fuck
I've /find and searched for VT and Vet on pages 35,36,37 and found no one claiming anything, am I just missing something?
If someone would spell it out for me that'd be nice
or just tell me it's not important so I can ignore it.
I think that Superfluous and Kirby are about equal in terms of scumminess.
Will hold of on questioning Nightcat because he said he would explain, if he never explains, wham bam slam etc etc


Stim said something about hi getting replaced, and said he was VT, or vanilla town. Super misread as Veteran
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 20:56 GMT
#750
On July 15 2013 05:53 Chromatically wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 05:13 Xzavier wrote:
him [super] sticking to his "gut-read" is damning the town. he needs to vote on a bandwagon or we run the possibility of a no-lynch which by far benefits scum the most, we NEED to get a lynch off.

jkirby also throwing his vote away is worrying me, but atleast hes made a case on the person he has voted for.

I don't understand this.

You think that Super is scummy for not being on a wagon.

You are willing to ignore Kirby not being on a wagon. The fact that he's made a case is irrelevant, he's still "benefitting scum" just as much by not being on a wagon.


Super didn't make a real case, that's the difference. Besides, now I am on a wagon, voting for super if anyone missed it.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 21:06 GMT
#757
Rainbows: Can you clarify why you are voting for me instead of super? Either defend him, or condemn me. I want something more than, "cus chrom said so".

That's a really, really, shitty reason.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 21:07 GMT
#759
Also, nightcat: you got two more hours than we thought: you better have good reasons for voting me.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
July 14 2013 21:13 GMT
#767
C'mon man, we got 3 more hours. Read my filter, read chromatically's reasons on me. He's missing the target, just like he missed on xzavier last game.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 519
910 58
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1959
Super Smash Bros
PPMD55
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3010
shahzam598
C9.Mang0261
PiGStarcraft225
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21519
Other Games
• imaqtpie725
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
8m
CranKy Ducklings1
Afreeca Starleague
11h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.