• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:47
CEST 20:47
KST 03:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8781 users

I Swear This Is Normal Mini Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 20:47 GMT
#373
On June 11 2013 05:47 Hapahauli wrote:
It's beyond the point of anti-town. It's just terrible sportsmanship no matter what your alignment, so shut the fuck up and start playing the game.


Dude, how is this your problem with my play and not my blatant sheep on your jampi case? Take a chill pill.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 20:49 GMT
#374
And again, I didn't intiially attack oats, he started it, and then I voted him, then i realized what i was doing and backed off. Yes, his later glaring flaws in logic led me to vote him again, but I've been nothing but restrained around the guy. Just chill out
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 20:54 GMT
#376
On June 11 2013 05:50 Hapahauli wrote:
I have a problem with how you're going out of your way to basically attack and piss off a player outside of the context of the game.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 05:43 Blazinghand wrote:
But yeah in retrospect I should have gone with my second instinct on oats and not voted him. He's the kind of guy who accidentally sends out wrong cop checks and posts links to the host spreadsheet in the thread and so on, so it's possible he's just this bad. His vote-flailing while i've been eating hasn't been particularly townie but I don't really see why scum would do it either. I guess jubjubs are gonna jub. I don't really have anything to add about jampdampi other than that hapa's case on him is reasonable and hapa is the towniest guy here.


Like the bolded. What the fuck is the point of the bolded? Does it add to your argument? Does it do anything other than piss people off?

It doesn't.

And it's been happening over and over again for the last 40 hours.

I don't care if you're scum or town, but that shit is unacceptable, and I'd debate mod-killing you if I was hosting this game.


I'm just pointing out that the glaring flaw in his logic is on par with my interactions with him. Look, I actually had a pretty strong case against oats when I voted him the second time, Hapa. The fact that he asserted I was scum while at the same time asserting that he can't trust my townread on you because you could be scum pushing me, a non-scum (as opposed to saying he doesn't trust me in general, or any other number of potential problems with the read) is utterly logically inconsistent. If anyone else (barring a few people) made a statement like that, i'd lynch them for it. And in fact, I did vote oats for making something that so clearly couldn't have come from a town mindset, something that was so clearly illogical.

Having thought about it though, oats does weird shit like this all the time. He makes basic mistakes all the time-- so it's not reasonable to lynch him based on the idea that he made an illogical claim. I'm giving an explanation as to why I think oats could be town despite my strong case against him earlier. I don't just want to unvote the guy with no explanation. And the fact of the matter is, you're not voting him for the same reason I'm not voting him. Have I been a bit more strident in making my case? sure. And oats, for what it's worth, I'm sorry I called you a jubjub (though you have called me worse this game). I'll do my best to sugar-coat things a bit so hapa can play with me reasonably. There's no need to unnecessarily upset an important town player like him. And hapa, I'd also like to apologize to you for my conduct so far.

I'd like to put this behind us.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 20:56 GMT
#377
And it's hilarious to accuse me of playing against my win-con and ALSO say you want to lynch me just out of spite. Come on, Hapa, we have a game to play and scum to catch. Let's not waste our time on your distaste for my honesty.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:01 GMT
#379
On June 11 2013 06:00 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
And oats, for what it's worth, I'm sorry I called you a jubjub (though you have called me worse this game). I'll do my best to sugar-coat things a bit so hapa can play with me reasonably.


You're a college-graduate arguing with a 17-year-old High Schooler from Singapore. Just please keep that in mind before you start something like this again.

just for the record I didn't START anything here.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:05 GMT
#382
ah, yes yes I'll for realz get right on it. it's this post right http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/postmessage.php?quote=336&topic_id=415754
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:06 GMT
#383
On June 11 2013 06:04 Hapahauli wrote:
Anyway BH, I'm suspicious of you because your contributions to this game so far have been incredibly lacking. You've made a town-case on me, launched on what I perceive to be a really bad tunnel of Oats, and made a bunch of one-lined troll remarks.

Furthermore, your attitude in pushing Oats seemed like you were more interested in provoking him and pissing him off rather than actually calling him scum and pushing his lynch.


Dude, I literally dont' know what to tell you other than that oats started it and I have been reasonable and backed off of him the first time when I realized my initial case was bad. And also, shit man what do you think my goal was to piss oats off and stop him from contributing all the useful stuff he normally does?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:08 GMT
#385
To be clear: if there was someone in this thread worth (as scum) disrupting and getting into a shitfest, hapa, that person would almost certainly be you, since you're town and you're also good, and you seemed quite determined to get into a shitfest with me. Like what possible reason would I have to disrupt and demoralize Oats as opposed to like you
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:08 GMT
#387
On June 11 2013 06:07 GravityMan wrote:
Yes, that would be the post, thank you.

While you are at it, Blazinghand, are you the type to back down when admonished?
Does this Hapahaulli play the role of 'thread police' often?


No I usually don't back down when admonished. I don't remember if hapa plays the 'thread police' very often but he seems unusually butthurt this game so just be nice to him.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:08 GMT
#388
On June 11 2013 06:08 Stutters695 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 05:16 VayneAuthority wrote:
thats fine hap, if no roleblock is claimed tomorrow kill BH. If his scumslip is real scum is goon, framer, gf team so my role isnt that great anyway. im dead tonight unless we have medic so glhf. my last post for today

Sorry I'm still catching up. What scum slip/how does a rb claim affect it? Don't both sides have a potential roleblock?


scumslips don't exist. are we going to have to do this again?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:16 GMT
#392
On June 11 2013 04:00 GravityMan wrote:
Given recent developments, I find this line of questioning more pertinent than ever.
Blazinghand, I ask politely that you respond to the following section of my earlier post.
Show nested quote +

Related to this is the answer given to me by this Blazinghand regarding his top mayoral candidates. He goes into great detail explaining his regard for this Hapahauli and his seemingly monstrous ego belies what he thinks of himself, which is acceptable, though I do not feel the same earnestness when he speaks of this VayneAuthority.

As for VA, I have been nothing but impressed by his play that I've seen. He's been a capable scumhunter, and he utterly hoodwinked me in Les Mafia. Whereas most of the player list is cluttered with jubjubs and followers (if you're reading this, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the other guys), VA is smart. He's not a veteran in terms of games played but for his excellent play in my interactions with him I consider him a vet. That being said, the guy DID utterly hoodwink me, which means the fact that I have a townread on him is meaningless. I can't catch him when he's scum-- or at least, not yet. Anyone that good I'd keep an eye on-- but if he's town, he can use the power wisely. Given my strong townread on hapa though I see no reason to entrust VA with the power.

He brings up a past in game in which he was impressed by this VayneAuthority's play as a man of the scum variety, yet nebulously brings up the interactions he has with the man regarding his town play and his scumhunting. I have not seen anything this game that shows this as evident, therefore I must believe he is impressed with VayneAuthroity's play from past games, yet why not reference these and only the scum game? It is also curious that right at the end of this paragraph he seems to back up on the strength of his lauding of this VayneAuthority saying he sees to no reason to entrust him with the mayoral candidacy...could this be because he also realizes right here that his scum game is what is most to be feared from the man and not the strength of his town game?

I also personally have not seen anything from this VayneAuthority this game that shows him to be a strong town player; he himself admits to me that he is a much better scum player than town player and plays the way he does simply to survive. I do not regard this as strong town play, yet this Blazinghand does, for unknown reasons.


Yeah so basically I initially said this:

On June 10 2013 03:22 Blazinghand wrote:
I'm not complacent with blindly voting him, but that is because I don't see anyone here as qualified to be mayor except for me, hapa, and VA-- and until I have solid townreads on either of them the only trustworthy one of the lot is me.


because coming into this blind I percieved 3 players who I've played with before who are good. Me, hapa, Vayne. The initial statement was "i'd only consider these 3" since they're the only qualified ones. Hapa and me for obvious reasons, vayne because he schooled me last game. Now, I don't know if i came off correctly when I was trying to explain why i was voting hapa and vayne, but basically i was saying "vayne is qualified, but have a townread on hapa". the idea is that i think (or thought, at the time ) of vayne as a good player based on my previous play. As a scum player he looked a lot like a town player, and yeah obviously that wasn't a town game but a guy that smart has gotta make a good town player, right?

well apparently not, he claimed cop D1. so yeah, vote hapa
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:17 GMT
#393
On June 11 2013 06:15 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 06:06 Blazinghand wrote:
On June 11 2013 06:04 Hapahauli wrote:
Anyway BH, I'm suspicious of you because your contributions to this game so far have been incredibly lacking. You've made a town-case on me, launched on what I perceive to be a really bad tunnel of Oats, and made a bunch of one-lined troll remarks.

Furthermore, your attitude in pushing Oats seemed like you were more interested in provoking him and pissing him off rather than actually calling him scum and pushing his lynch.


Dude, I literally dont' know what to tell you other than that oats started it and I have been reasonable and backed off of him the first time when I realized my initial case was bad. And also, shit man what do you think my goal was to piss oats off and stop him from contributing all the useful stuff he normally does?


That still doesn't change the fact that you've done very little. While you've no doubt made a scene in previous games that you're capable of such things as town on Day 1, it's still terrible play and makes it impossible to reliably read you.

Can I expect you to be an active contributor tomorrow?


The answer to this question regardless of my alignment is "yes" but for reasonableness' sake, yes, you can expect me to continue to contribute tomorrow.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:37 GMT
#395
nope not yet
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:40 GMT
#397
i also think vayne is town!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:42 GMT
#399
yeah i'm eating dinner atm but i'll go take a look and give an opinion.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:50 GMT
#401
the point is at the start of the game I thought VA would be a good town player.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 21:54 GMT
#402
like if someone beats me so handily i assume they are good. such assumptions, as you see, can be incorrect, but given my high skill level it's not unreasonable
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 22:09 GMT
#404
nope i'll give you a hint, i'm not a continent
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 22:09 GMT
#406
yeah i dunno i seem to be getting grilled on it a lot
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
June 10 2013 22:35 GMT
#410
Dude VA there's not gonna be a mad scum-driven voteswitch onto the claimed cop. If there was that would be hilarious and we'd win easily.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM815
TKL 296
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 815
ByuN 344
mouzHeroMarine 312
TKL 296
IndyStarCraft 179
BRAT_OK 56
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15636
Calm 2561
Horang2 414
Dewaltoss 176
Mini 146
Rush 92
EffOrt 56
Zeus 48
Free 31
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
febbydoto18
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m5109
pashabiceps1572
Fnx 894
edward31
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2496
Liquid`Hasu498
Other Games
singsing1766
Liquid`RaSZi1636
Beastyqt857
B2W.Neo395
C9.Mang0264
crisheroes199
dupreeh148
QueenE110
Trikslyr92
UpATreeSC58
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• EnkiAlexander 32
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2738
League of Legends
• Nemesis3314
• TFBlade627
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 13m
INu's Battles
16h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 13m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.