• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:41
CEST 22:41
KST 05:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6192 users

The Game [N] - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 19 2013 20:35 GMT
#1200
VE is now my top scumread. Too many things haven't added up and cosmic pointed out some good inconsistencies in how he has pursued BH.

Vote: VisceraEyes

A larger case will follow later tonight when I have more time.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 16:50 GMT
#1661
Ugh, I get beat with the lazy stick one night and I get buried. I'm back on p72, but I'm around.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 17:17 GMT
#1696
On March 21 2013 02:11 Ace wrote:
zarepath, if VE is some kind of 3rd party Vet with more than 1 shot powers he can only die by lynch. I'm pretty sure the Town has some kind of night KP - we find a Scum today and vigi him. Both problems solved.


You are pretty sure town had 2 vig? GreY was a pseudo mason-vig.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 17:30 GMT
#1705
On March 18 2013 15:54 DoctorHelvetica wrote:


GreYMisT the Nightmare has been lynched.


You are the Nightmare. At the end of the day cycle you can choose a player whose dream you will visit. In the dream you can communicate with them in secret. You will be sent a mod link to a quicktopic. You do not have to use your real username. After a full cycle of communication, once in the game, you can choose to kill the player you had just masoned with by attacking them with a nightmare, they will die during the next night cycle.


PM Night actions to me and Oatsmaster now :-)

Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:06 GMT
#1784
Here is my struggle on VE, I'll start with why I originally thought he was scummy, which is not super relevant anymore.

I thought VE was scummy because of the way he was jumping around with his vote, pushing a bunch of different wagons. This started with DP but I also disagree with him on BH, which takes me to the 2 reveals at night when don't serve a town purpose. Revealing the masoning BH was doing is fine, but doing it when there is plenty of time for scum to react is a completely scum motivated thing to do.

IF VE is actually a vet, then he knows with reasonable certainty that he is going to live until day2. Waiting that extra couple hours, or even just waiting until day 2 to reveal the masoning and why that made BH look scummy would not have changed any of the value of VE's points. What it did do was throw in some WIFOM where we find BH suspicious because he is forced to claim and then doesn't die, which simultaneously makes VE look more townie because the common thing scum would do in that situation is just shoot BH. Basically, I would absolutely no problem with the way VE went about this, IF he had waited until daytime.

Then there is the Vet claim, which also looks bad simply because going past "I took a hit" is bad. But all of this is neither here nor there anymore becase...



The 3rd party crap! This is where I am getting really confused. If we are to believe the logs, then the only reason I can think of that VE would post them with that last line in there is that he honestly believes that he never actually joined the 3rd party. Also, if that premise is rejected and he did actually join the 3rd party, then it means the my scumread is likely wrong because scum wouldn't say, "If I'm going to be ignored by most of the thread, I might as well punish them for it.".
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:07 GMT
#1786
EBWOP:

I'm unvoting until I can figure some things out.

Unvote: VE
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:11 GMT
#1789
@VE - Why did you post about BH masoning you when you did? And why did it take you so long to realize that logs were allowed to be posted after BH posted them, which, even if it contradicted what you had heard from the hosts, means that the information was no longer exclusive to the QT and was now fair game?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:23 GMT
#1799
On March 21 2013 05:16 VisceraEyes wrote:
I just didn't think about the logs man. They weren't even factoring in because I specifically asked if they were allowed. I assumed that if that were changed I would have specifically heard something to that regard. It was apparently in the thread and I missed it though.

I posted about BH masoning me because I thought he was scum based on my conversation with him during the cycle and based on my observation of his play D1/N1. If he's scum, I wanted the fact that he's masoning people and specifically requesting that this fact be kept secret IN the thread. Becuase that's active manipulation of town. Active.


I find it hard to believe that you has such a lapse in regards to the logs. Whenever I (or anyone really) has a top scum read that they are actively pursuing, which you were after revealing the BH had masoned you, I pay pretty close attention to that person's posts until they either alleviate my suspicions, or are dead. So I don't buy that you didn't notice the logs. And once you notice them, that would immediately create conflict which would quickly lead you to the host announcement that logs are allowed. This is a townie train of thought for someone pursuing their top scum read, it is not the train of thought you displayed.

As for your second part, how would any of what you were trying to reveal to the town changed if you had waited until day2 to post about it?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:33 GMT
#1808
On March 21 2013 05:28 VisceraEyes wrote:
Because I wasn't sure I would survive until D2 DYH. In spite of being a Vet I don't know how much KP scum have, I'm not sure if being roleblocked affects anything, etc and I felt like the WF thing was important.


Again, this answer doesn't quite add up. If you have the mentality that you might die, then you write up the information and the corresponding case and you post it right before the deadline. If you already think you might die, you don't suddenly push a case that might make you an even more likely target.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:38 GMT
#1810
Unless VE was trying to draw the hit. But that would have been somewhere in his answer I would think if that was his intention.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:44 GMT
#1811
Here is where I need to work things out. I think that the 3rd party shenanigans actually point to VE being town IF we make the assumption that he was town going into it. I just don't believe that a slip so smack-in-face obvious is possible if VE actually accepted to go into a third party.

Which brings me to something that has been bothering me about this the whole time. Supposedly the Mirror has a recruitment mechanic that requires the person being recruited to accept or deny The Mirror's advances. In other words, The Mirror requires a player to play against their win condition. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:45 GMT
#1812
EBWOP: (sorry for the triple)

That, more than anything else, makes me suspicious about the plausibility of The Mirror in the first place.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:56 GMT
#1816
I would very much like to hear it.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:58 GMT
#1818
So the whole trying to get you to make a choice against your win condition is just the Mirror playing poorly?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 20:59 GMT
#1819
I don't know, this is supposed to be a pretty normal game, and that would be a pretty wacky mechanic.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 21:04 GMT
#1822
Any theories on who the mirror could be? I don't think I would be capable of that kind of dramatic posting. Who in this game is? BH would be on the list but he is off the table for this question.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 21:08 GMT
#1824
Would you post the logs with timestamps so I can look at that for myself?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 21:24 GMT
#1826
So here is a summary of what can be reasonably supposed about The Mirror, given what you say is true.

1. You can choose to terminate your contact with him at any point (though we have no idea why this is a necessary thing).
2. He likely is unshootable or at least has vet powers.
3. He is likely 3rd party (though longshot could be scum).
4. He is a recruitment role.

Here are the possible ways that the recruiting could work.

1. It is like the nightmare role, and it is a forced recruitment on the following day/night.
2. Same as #1 but requires you to accept.
3. If you don't cancel the QT within a period of time, you are recruited.

2 and 3 don't seem likely to me so here is where I get to a sticking poiint VE.

I'm not convinced you are not scum. Also even if you are town, and The Mirror's mechanic works in a reasonable way, that means you are already 3rd party through accepting or through immediate press-ganging, or you are going to become 3rd party in the near future, which is supported by this quote from The Mirror, "the greater purpose you shall receive"(IE, you haven't received it yet). So explain how lynching you after you provide these super cases you promised is not the best course of action.

We get possible scum or likely third party. If you aren't third party yet then we deny The Mirror an expansion to his 3p
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 22:06 GMT
#1833
VE, I'm just trying to cover my bases information-wise in case you do flip town.

Just look at how my points have lined up and you can already see the list of things I don't think add up, and I haven't even dug super hard into your filter.

1. The way you handled your accusation of BH after revealing the Masoning is not indicative of a townie mindset.
2. The timing of your reveal that BH was masoning you is not indicative of a townie mindset.
3. Your vet claim only gave additional information to the scum team.
4. You can supposedly cut off communication with The Mirror at will, but there is nothing to suggest that this specific mechanic affects what the Mirror does at all if my suppositions on how he works are in any way accurate.
5. The Mirror is completely un-phased by your revealing to the thread that he exists.

Vote: VisceraEyes
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
March 20 2013 22:18 GMT
#1836
On March 21 2013 06:42 VisceraEyes wrote:
And wait a sec DYH. Why is it a longshot that he could be scum? Aren't you the one who raised the argument "Well that sounds kinda wonky for Normal". Isn't it more likely that it's just scum fucking with me than a recruiting mason with a strange recruiting mechanic?


Scum screwing with you does make more sense than anything else we have supposed.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 481
ProTech146
Railgan 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1465
Dewaltoss 142
Trap 28
Bale 16
Dota 2
420jenkins521
Counter-Strike
fl0m4299
Fnx 619
minikerr3
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4578
Liquid`Hasu606
Other Games
summit1g4920
Liquid`RaSZi1812
FrodaN804
B2W.Neo559
XaKoH 251
ToD215
RotterdaM95
QueenE70
JuggernautJason47
PPMD26
Mew2King25
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21126
Other Games
• Shiphtur1026
• imaqtpie802
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 19m
Patches Events
19h 19m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.