• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:34
CEST 20:34
KST 03:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8362 users

Hydra Mini Mafia - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 66 Next
TLCastingGolems
Profile Joined December 2012
160 Posts
March 16 2013 20:37 GMT
#781
On March 17 2013 05:36 Promato wrote:
I'm reading you make a mess of this game, that is what I'm doing.

Like I said, you're either mafia or bad town. The question is which.

Guess.
WaveofShadow and jcarlsoniv - TL LoL Community Casters! | twitch.tv/tlcastinggolems | @TLCastingGolems | youtube.com/TLCastingGolems | Send us your replays! Follow us on FB! Support us in AHGL! ALL THE SOCIAL NETWORKING
Promato
Profile Joined March 2013
92 Posts
March 16 2013 20:38 GMT
#782
On March 17 2013 05:36 DrParnassus wrote:
##unvote
##Vote: Promato

That's the worst vote I have ever seen.
Yamato + Prom hydra for Hydra Mini
Promato
Profile Joined March 2013
92 Posts
March 16 2013 20:38 GMT
#783
Let me guess, Oats?

Ugh. Talk to thrawn, he knows better.
Yamato + Prom hydra for Hydra Mini
TLCastingGolems
Profile Joined December 2012
160 Posts
March 16 2013 20:39 GMT
#784
FiveTouch:
Your conversation with Prom--- its a meta read which I know nothing about. I refuse to base my own reads based on meta of players I dont even know, and one measly meta read does not a towny player make imo. It's entirely possible for scum or town to come to the same conclusions you did.
WaveofShadow and jcarlsoniv - TL LoL Community Casters! | twitch.tv/tlcastinggolems | @TLCastingGolems | youtube.com/TLCastingGolems | Send us your replays! Follow us on FB! Support us in AHGL! ALL THE SOCIAL NETWORKING
FiveTouch
Profile Joined January 2013
Marshall Islands1474 Posts
March 16 2013 20:42 GMT
#785
On March 17 2013 05:39 TLCastingGolems wrote:
FiveTouch:
Your conversation with Prom--- its a meta read which I know nothing about. I refuse to base my own reads based on meta of players I dont even know, and one measly meta read does not a towny player make imo. It's entirely possible for scum or town to come to the same conclusions you did.

It's not a meta read at all. It's a mafia mentality read.

A player comes in with a scum read on someone. I give them more reason to be suspicious of said person, and he changes his mind. What's the mafia motivation for doing that? Hint: there isn't one. As mafia, you don't close off potential mislynches for no reason.
Artanis & marv
TLCastingGolems
Profile Joined December 2012
160 Posts
March 16 2013 20:43 GMT
#786
Alright ladies and gents, I'm out.
Note OE still hasn't shown up and we've heard nothing from him about what HE thinks of us.
WaveofShadow and jcarlsoniv - TL LoL Community Casters! | twitch.tv/tlcastinggolems | @TLCastingGolems | youtube.com/TLCastingGolems | Send us your replays! Follow us on FB! Support us in AHGL! ALL THE SOCIAL NETWORKING
DrParnassus
Profile Joined March 2013
Afghanistan565 Posts
March 16 2013 20:49 GMT
#787
On March 17 2013 05:43 TLCastingGolems wrote:
Alright ladies and gents, I'm out.
Note OE still hasn't shown up and we've heard nothing from him about what HE thinks of us.


who do you want to lynch
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 16 2013 20:55 GMT
#788
Sigh do I not get an answer to my questions?
On March 17 2013 05:28 NewbieXXXI_ObsQT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 05:23 TLCastingGolems wrote:
1) Null. We don't really feel you as a townie. The pressure seems legit but you don't 'feel' right in our eyes, so we don't have a problem in pressuring aspects of you we find odd.

We're in agreement here completely. The pressure seems normal but there's something about you we just don't like.
Sorry, bro.

As for my thinking, what exactly do you want? I could try to fabricate some bullshit reason as to what I was doing but honestly I just wanted to get something out there to try and contribute in a hurry and it backfired big time.


Ok, what about me do you not like? Give me a tangible reason. One of my posts, my attitude somewhere... anything.

On March 17 2013 05:30 NewbieXXXI_ObsQT wrote:
To add to that, I don't mind it when someone gives a "gut-feeling" read normally, but it seems like you're giving them to dodge making any actual analysis. You've done so little post/behavior analysis on anyone this game. Hell it doesn't even seem like you've read my filter at all.


Also I wasn't very impressed with your case on Promato at all. For one, you never addressed the fact that he was the first to bring up suspicions on OE. This is not disputable. Since much of your suspicion seems associative, how does a Prome/OE scumteam make any sense?

Secondly:
We didn't call him mafia? Lol.


You didn't call OE mafia. In your initial post, you gave a flat null-read on him and didn't look into him at all.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402039&currentpage=34#666
VE's screamfest reminds me of his play in LX (since that's the only game in which I've played with him), but I've also heard that him getting all emotional is typical of his play no matter what alignment? Probably null but I'm still definitely going to comb through before coming to any decisions.


Even in that recent list post, you just paint his name red and imply suspicion. You don't call him scum, and you don't do anything commital. You just say you'd like to hear from him more:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402039&currentpage=39#777
I've noticed that OE has actively avoided making recent reads on us. He always disappears when the focus turns to us. I really want to know what he thinks of us, etc.
The two man power trip.
DrParnassus
Profile Joined March 2013
Afghanistan565 Posts
March 16 2013 21:00 GMT
#789
bleh, i don't have the heart to carry this out

##unvote
##Vote:TlCastingGolems


all the stars have aligned. it is widely accepted that OO is likely to flip scum. OO is voting promato. TLCG is acting like OO is a good lynch, but is spending most of his time pushing promato and declining to vote for either of them. i'm not sure how much more usefulconversation can be had until either 1 of two things happens.... VE comes back, or TLCG actually starts pushing a lynch
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 16 2013 21:01 GMT
#790
Also I need to hear more from Moology. He's not participating much in this discussion at all.
The two man power trip.
Promato
Profile Joined March 2013
92 Posts
March 16 2013 21:05 GMT
#791
On March 17 2013 06:01 NewbieXXXI_ObsQT wrote:
Also I need to hear more from Moology. He's not participating much in this discussion at all.

Trufax

Let's not jump off the bridge into lynching TLCG over OO when Moo is being worse about this.
Yamato + Prom hydra for Hydra Mini
Moology
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy144 Posts
March 16 2013 21:25 GMT
#792
Give me 10~ minutes and I'll make some time to post. I also think lynching Golems over OE is a dumb idea... I'm not sure why that is even a topic when you are 100% sure of OE and still think there are other scum candidates other than Golems. I want to lynch scum, not maybe get his scum buddy based on some association of bussing before OE flips. I think you are putting the cart before the horse when talking about lynching Golems or anybody other than OE today.
Moology
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy144 Posts
March 16 2013 21:36 GMT
#793
The blue claim seems fake to me. Or at least unbelievable.

"oops I meant to write town"
to
"I thought he did it intentionally to keep us from being lynched but nope it was just a bad mistake"

I'm still saying we should lynch VE/OO rather than Golems because I believe its a higher chance of lynching scum. Once OE flips and it is CONFIRMED that he is scum, the points made about Golems odd comments about Prom being scum while OE is voting for him and the fact that Prom was the one who singled out OE can be explained much more clearly.
To me it looks like Golems is trying to separate himself from OE while also trying to shift around blame where he can. He has even admitted to not really reading the thread while still throwing out accusations. That's not a very town-oriented move. It is what scum does when they start to feel pressured. Town reads and comes to an educated conclusion and then gives their thoughts. Scum throws crap at a wall and hopes something sticks.

However Golems was not the only one to try to get off the topic of OE scum or not quite believe it 100% and try to curve the lynch to others.

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 16 2013 09:40 NewbieXXXI_ObsQT wrote:
##Unvote

I'm too damn paranoid. The simplest explanation for the NK is that marv ordered the kill. I don't know how likely that is, but I need to pursue it to see if it has merit. It was a fucking weird-ass NK for anyone here to make, and today shouldn't be a "sheep marv blindly" day without additional reasons to trust him.

@ Marv
There are two reasons why I'm concerned.
1) You did something very similar in DeathNote Mini, where you wanted to kill Palmar on Day 1, but couldn't because of wonky-kill mechanics and the town mislynching Palmar Day 1.
2) Palmar does have a history of trolling Day 1. DeathNote Mini comes to mind, where he just made like 2 posts the entirety of the day. As such, this explanation in your "martyr" post comes across as dishonest:
Show nested quote +
Dirk Hardpec - so yes, this guy is mafia. It's clear enough, it's been mentioned why - the trolling, the "I knew he'd flip town but did nothing about doing something else", the lack of anything.

On March 16 2013 03:47 Dirk Hardpec wrote:
Please hold some of your questions. I'll convince yall I'm town tomorrow.


Do *not* be fooled by this. This is typical vettish scumplay from Palmar (probably bugs too). I'll contribute later... just you wait... I'll prove I'm town... and then there'll be a post that these players are very capable of making look good or convincing. What you need to remember is that they have not contributed in the slightest so far. That's actually the important issue. Don't forget, also, that Palmar is well known for having Day 1 as his absolute best day. Like, by far. He catches mafia regularly Day 1, and tails off after. There's a post he made about this in the obsQT for Hero Mini Mafia if you're really interested in checking what I've said. The salient point being that theoretical town-Palmar has wasted his absolute best day of catching mafia, on the offhand promise that he'll do better tomorrow, and willingly lynching into town. He must die.


Palmar does waste Day 1's as town. Not often, but he does. This is a pretty clear misrepresentation of his play, and you definetely know his history.


I have to say I still believe Newbie to be null-town but it should be pointed out that Golems was not alone in making strange accusations. Marv is one of my town reads and I understand you were just trying to come to a better understanding of the Dirk NK but I still feel trying to place blame on marv for the NK was odd.

as for my inactivity, sorry. As mentioned before my house got gassed and it's a large cleaning job. (5 bedrooms, takes about 4 hours to clean each one + living room / dining room / kitchen ect.) And for Mocsta I think it's like 5am for him right now. I read to keep up with the conversations but unless I make time I can't reply as much as I would like. However I am making an effort to keep up with the conversations.
DrParnassus
Profile Joined March 2013
Afghanistan565 Posts
March 16 2013 21:42 GMT
#794
On March 17 2013 06:25 Moology wrote:
Give me 10~ minutes and I'll make some time to post. I also think lynching Golems over OE is a dumb idea... I'm not sure why that is even a topic when you are 100% sure of OE and still think there are other scum candidates other than Golems. I want to lynch scum, not maybe get his scum buddy based on some association of bussing before OE flips. I think you are putting the cart before the horse when talking about lynching Golems or anybody other than OE today.


there's much, much more to it than association based on VE

-VE's alignment doesn't matter. red/green, TLCG looks bad either way by virtue of how carefully they're approaching talking about VE

-the bizzare push on Newbie. most of the original case was based on the idea that dirk is red. after the flip, TLCG still wanted hapa to respond to the case.... after dirk had flipped green

-the blue claim is all kinds of strange

-there are also very strange posts where the wording they use is just... weird. "mental reevaluation," "didn't notice any breadcrumbs," just weird things to say. lots of them have been brought up over the last few pages

-their insistence that they need to confer before being able to share ideas to the thread. they are acting like they need each other's permission to post... ya know, just so they don't scumslip or something

-what are they currently doing? they're blowing a lot of smoke about promato, while maintaining the VE is prob a good lynch but they really aren't pushing either lynch. It looks like they're trying to figure out which wagon they should join
Moology
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy144 Posts
March 16 2013 21:56 GMT
#795
I don't think I'd have an issue with the blue claim if he could at least back it up. And then he tells us he JK'd Newbie instead of yourself or Marv which I would have thought would be the two targets scum would have wanted to get rid of N1. Instead he takes a shot in the dark hoping that not only would Newbie be mafia but that he would also be the one doing the NK. The chance is just so much smaller to stop the NK that way.

I agree his blue claim is extremely weak. There is no proof behind it and it is extremely sloppy. It's a bit of WIFOM but I think it's exactly the scenario that scum would fall into after accidentally claiming blue rather than saying town.
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 16 2013 22:10 GMT
#796
@ Omni

Despite my vote being on Caster, I'm not yet at the stage that I want to lynch him over VE/OO. However I'm getting pretty close. All I want to see is some analysis from them, and I haven't gotten anything from them. They have made 3 "cases" so far:
1) A "case" on FiveTouch that draws NO conclusions about their allignment and simply criticizes their play:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402039&currentpage=11#205

2) A "case" on myself that was entirely based on association with Dirk. Not to mention that he pressured me based on this case after Dirk flipped green...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402039&currentpage=23#442

3) A "case" on Promato:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402039&currentpage=39#767

The thing with the case on Promato is that it just... looks a lot like a scum-case. He reads through his filter post-by-post and flings shit on anything he can find. His attitude seems more critical of Promato's play than anything else. Finally...
So....WIFOM? Newbie rips into us like crazy and justly tears me apart for my shit, and that's the best you can do? Come on.
Town motivation seen here from Prom: 0.


He explicitly states that he sees zero town motivation from Prom. Those are pretty strong words, so why isn't he voting Prom?

That whole exchange with him giving reads then making the case on Prom is very very strange. He first posts this list post in which he finds Prom null:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402039&currentpage=38#754
Current reads:
DrParn
FiveTouch

Moology
Newbie
Promato
OE


...then all of a sudden when FiveTouch asks him to elaborate on Prome, he dives through Prome's filter and magically figures out that there's "zero town motivation" behind his actions.

Fuck I might have just convinced myself to stick with my vote.
The two man power trip.
Moology
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy144 Posts
March 16 2013 22:29 GMT
#797
I agree that last post where he fails to name ANYBODY other than OE as scum is really troubling... To me it makes it seem like he is extremely non-committal. Nobody else has a problem listing the two people they believe are scum and would like to lynch. Golems seems to be aware that if he said OE was anything other than scum it would be bad for him, and then is so wishy-washy with everybody else. It's like he's afraid to follow up on anything he has said and wants to let others make the cases first so he can jump on which ever of the three null reads he's got and sheep his way to victory.

I don't think he actually cares who gets lynched today. Especially after admitting he released his "current reads" without them being current at all.
Moology
Profile Joined March 2013
Italy144 Posts
March 16 2013 22:31 GMT
#798
EBWOP: Actually, he's done this twice now where his reads are not current but he doesn't seem to care. Once as you mentioned as he continued to pressure you after Dirk flipped town, and again now on Prom.
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 16 2013 22:43 GMT
#799
On March 17 2013 07:31 Moology wrote:
EBWOP: Actually, he's done this twice now where his reads are not current but he doesn't seem to care. Once as you mentioned as he continued to pressure you after Dirk flipped town, and again now on Prom.


Well that's not quite what I was getting at.

The thing with Prome is that Caster initially had a null read on Prome after a night's deliberation between them. Then the second FiveTouch pressures them to read Prome's filter, he all of a sudden arrives at a very strong scumread. This is scummy because...
a) It reads like Caster isn't reading filters of his own initiative
b) A Prome/Oblivious scumteam makes very little sense given suspicions, and the case completely ignores that.
c) The case finds "zero town motivation" for Prome's actions, yet Caster doesn't vote him...?

Basically he suddenly updated his scumread at a very strange time, and the case he provides is pretty flawed.
The two man power trip.
NewbieXXXI_ObsQT
Profile Joined March 2013
183 Posts
March 16 2013 22:43 GMT
#800
Anywho Moology, where do you stand on Caster right now? Do you still unequivocally support an ObliviousEyes lynch first?
The two man power trip.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 274
ProTech165
BRAT_OK 48
MindelVK 28
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25898
Shuttle 679
Hyuk 167
White-Ra 103
Dewaltoss 102
firebathero 74
Trap 50
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 19
Bale 18
[ Show more ]
Rock 17
Shine 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9391
qojqva1608
Counter-Strike
fl0m1704
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1442
Khaldor1286
Grubby984
Liquid`Hasu453
Other Games
summit1g3836
FrodaN1499
Beastyqt549
Mlord295
XBOCT291
ArmadaUGS169
C9.Mang0161
QueenE84
CosmosSc2 20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH322
• StrangeGG 67
• Hinosc 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 26m
Online Event
16h 26m
FEL
21h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.