• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:56
CEST 03:56
KST 10:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10069 users

Mafia Podcast! - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 75 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
April 03 2013 00:33 GMT
#781
On April 03 2013 09:32 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 09:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:26 DarthPunk wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
I can sympathize. My wife often says "Oh no what happened" when I start furiously mad-typing on my laptop...like, she knows when I'm talking to like Bugs or Palmar or something by how I'm typing. LOL


Typing in all caps is louder?

What's funny about that is that when I'm typing in all caps I'm generally not even mad - only representing that I am.

No you can tell how mad I am by how many typos there are - I'll be so mad I can't even be bothered to correct my own mistakes.


why do you heff 2 b mad? it's only game (((((

If I'm not emotionally invested then it's not fun. Tell me you don't rage at bad teammates or feel exaltation in overcoming superior enemies in a game of DOTA or SC2 and I'll tell you you're a lying sack of shit.

I'm much better about keeping what's in the game in the game these days I think.


There is no such thing as superior enemies.
Computer says mafia
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 03 2013 00:34 GMT
#782
On April 03 2013 09:30 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 09:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:26 DarthPunk wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
I can sympathize. My wife often says "Oh no what happened" when I start furiously mad-typing on my laptop...like, she knows when I'm talking to like Bugs or Palmar or something by how I'm typing. LOL


Typing in all caps is louder?

What's funny about that is that when I'm typing in all caps I'm generally not even mad - only representing that I am.

No you can tell how mad I am by how many typos there are - I'll be so mad I can't even be bothered to correct my own mistakes.


why do you heff 2 b mad? it's only game (((((


someone been watching SingSing

+ Show Spoiler +
I approve

ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 03 2013 00:34 GMT
#783
On April 03 2013 09:33 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 09:32 VisceraEyes wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:26 DarthPunk wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
I can sympathize. My wife often says "Oh no what happened" when I start furiously mad-typing on my laptop...like, she knows when I'm talking to like Bugs or Palmar or something by how I'm typing. LOL


Typing in all caps is louder?

What's funny about that is that when I'm typing in all caps I'm generally not even mad - only representing that I am.

No you can tell how mad I am by how many typos there are - I'll be so mad I can't even be bothered to correct my own mistakes.


why do you heff 2 b mad? it's only game (((((

If I'm not emotionally invested then it's not fun. Tell me you don't rage at bad teammates or feel exaltation in overcoming superior enemies in a game of DOTA or SC2 and I'll tell you you're a lying sack of shit.

I'm much better about keeping what's in the game in the game these days I think.


There is no such thing as superior enemies.

This is coming from the guy who gets shot N1 all the time >.<
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 03 2013 00:36 GMT
#784
On April 03 2013 09:34 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 09:33 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:32 VisceraEyes wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:30 Palmar wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:26 DarthPunk wrote:
On April 03 2013 09:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
I can sympathize. My wife often says "Oh no what happened" when I start furiously mad-typing on my laptop...like, she knows when I'm talking to like Bugs or Palmar or something by how I'm typing. LOL


Typing in all caps is louder?

What's funny about that is that when I'm typing in all caps I'm generally not even mad - only representing that I am.

No you can tell how mad I am by how many typos there are - I'll be so mad I can't even be bothered to correct my own mistakes.


why do you heff 2 b mad? it's only game (((((

If I'm not emotionally invested then it's not fun. Tell me you don't rage at bad teammates or feel exaltation in overcoming superior enemies in a game of DOTA or SC2 and I'll tell you you're a lying sack of shit.

I'm much better about keeping what's in the game in the game these days I think.


There is no such thing as superior enemies.

This is coming from the guy who gets shot N1 all the time >.<

Ergo no one is superior to Palmar. I fail to see the problem.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2013 00:49 GMT
#785
Marv hedging his bets...obvScum imo imo
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
April 03 2013 00:52 GMT
#786
hmmm.. im hoping a shitty 3g phone connection is enough to get this skype thing happening

damn work.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2013 00:57 GMT
#787
All that matters is convincing people. THAT'S ALL THAT A CASE IS FOR.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 03 2013 01:02 GMT
#788
On April 03 2013 09:57 VisceraEyes wrote:
All that matters is convincing people. THAT'S ALL THAT A CASE IS FOR.


I actually think this is a really good point, I was talking to Artanis about his a few weeks ago; I have recently taken to the Palmar school of thought on cases, they are PR pieces. All one needs to do is convince others to vote with you and whatever you need to do to do that is fine, your case should convince others of your reads, it can be because of emotions, logic or threats. I don't care.

Too many newbies (myself and Hapa are great examples of this) think that you need huge cases to convince people to vote scum. Look at the evolution of our play both of us started with monster cases (in Chrono I wrote a 42 page case) and now my longest cases are well under a page. When Yamato talked to me about his cases in Nomination I told him the only problem with them is that they were too long, townies are lazy just like scum and will often ignore huge posts.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2013 01:07 GMT
#789
Fact: it takes longer to honestly and thoroughly read a case than it does to make one. Why? Because as the writer, you have an idea of what you're trying to say and you're able to say it. As the reader, you have to try and understand what the writer is talking about, follow links, look up previous games, etc.

If it takes you 2+ hours to write a case, how long do you think it will take someone to read it to the level you hope they do? Are you willing to put that kind of time into reading a huge case someone else makes? These are questions you should honestly answer to yourself before making a huge layout-breaking case.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 03 2013 01:11 GMT
#790
That is why I now simply order marv to sheep me. I am 100% right while using this method and 0% successful in making him do what I want.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2013 01:17 GMT
#791
Man I'm like super sad Hapa you should edit this shit superfast because I just know I'm missing all the good shit X(
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2013 01:24 GMT
#792
Add me back when you done recording - like Hell I'm missing postcast action XD
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 03 2013 01:46 GMT
#793
On April 03 2013 10:07 VisceraEyes wrote:
Fact: it takes longer to honestly and thoroughly read a case than it does to make one. Why? Because as the writer, you have an idea of what you're trying to say and you're able to say it. As the reader, you have to try and understand what the writer is talking about, follow links, look up previous games, etc.

If it takes you 2+ hours to write a case, how long do you think it will take someone to read it to the level you hope they do? Are you willing to put that kind of time into reading a huge case someone else makes? These are questions you should honestly answer to yourself before making a huge layout-breaking case.


this is stupid, the writer needs to do exactly the same research.

Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 03 2013 01:48 GMT
#794
On April 03 2013 10:46 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 10:07 VisceraEyes wrote:
Fact: it takes longer to honestly and thoroughly read a case than it does to make one. Why? Because as the writer, you have an idea of what you're trying to say and you're able to say it. As the reader, you have to try and understand what the writer is talking about, follow links, look up previous games, etc.

If it takes you 2+ hours to write a case, how long do you think it will take someone to read it to the level you hope they do? Are you willing to put that kind of time into reading a huge case someone else makes? These are questions you should honestly answer to yourself before making a huge layout-breaking case.


this is stupid, the writer needs to do exactly the same research.



Depends on how well the writer knows the accused. If you had to reference VE's past games you would have an easier time of it than someone else. Like if I talk about marv's meta I don't need to do research, but if I'm doing yours I would need to do research.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 03 2013 01:48 GMT
#795
My point is that the writer is focused and knows what they're looking for, and how it relates to what they're saying. The reader doesn't have this luxury and has to piece it together based on what's written.

PS

no u
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-03 02:06:16
April 03 2013 02:05 GMT
#796
Gotta say I disagree with you VE based on how cases are realised in practice.

Perhaps in the theory world you are indeed correct: the reader needs to spend more time than the case instigator.

However, based on TL Town sheep tendencies: I think most are looking for a flow of thoughts that "literally" reads cohesively; as opposed to "critically" reads cohesively.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 03 2013 03:11 GMT
#797
On April 03 2013 10:48 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2013 10:46 wherebugsgo wrote:
On April 03 2013 10:07 VisceraEyes wrote:
Fact: it takes longer to honestly and thoroughly read a case than it does to make one. Why? Because as the writer, you have an idea of what you're trying to say and you're able to say it. As the reader, you have to try and understand what the writer is talking about, follow links, look up previous games, etc.

If it takes you 2+ hours to write a case, how long do you think it will take someone to read it to the level you hope they do? Are you willing to put that kind of time into reading a huge case someone else makes? These are questions you should honestly answer to yourself before making a huge layout-breaking case.


this is stupid, the writer needs to do exactly the same research.



Depends on how well the writer knows the accused. If you had to reference VE's past games you would have an easier time of it than someone else. Like if I talk about marv's meta I don't need to do research, but if I'm doing yours I would need to do research.


this has nothing to do with his argument and is very nuanced, probably doesn't occur very often.

For me personally for example, there are only like 2-3 players who I would say I have a strong way of reading them without even looking at their past games. Even players who I've researched a lot, I'd still probably have to compare games in order to get an idea of their playstyle because the game changes so rapidly.

FWIW those 2-3 players are generally so easy to catch as scum I don't think it matters.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 03:22 GMT
#798
Alllllright all finished. Got 2.5 hours of content that I'm going to trim some.

It was a very unfocused cast by design, and I think it turned out pretty well.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 03 2013 03:23 GMT
#799
Trim out my bits, I'm apparently terrible at public speaking :D
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
April 03 2013 03:24 GMT
#800
You were fine marv - no problems understanding anything you were saying
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12909
Shuttle 888
Artosis 603
Dewaltoss 56
NaDa 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4205
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox562
AZ_Axe96
Other Games
summit1g8484
Day[9].tv512
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft222
Maynarde146
ViBE123
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv512
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.