• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:08
CEST 09:08
KST 16:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9055 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 92 Next
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 15:18 GMT
#1101
I'd like to hear OO's thoughts on why he shot WaveofShadow.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 14 2013 15:31 GMT
#1102
I don't quite understand zarepath's logic this game AT ALL.
I can't see how Sn0's reaction was any different from the others, including mine. Yet, for some reason, he excludes him from the "scummy" reactions. NOONE was super eager to go after him except warbaby maybe.

I still think post 6 was weird and I only really commented on that.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 15:33 GMT
#1103
I just wanted to kill someone with my newfangled power.

As for how to play it after the tracker claim I really just winged it. I'm not the best of liars and didn't read the OP super well replacing in nor did I do any setup speculation based on my own role. Really think it could have gone differently without Test's claim but as they say, "They say it don't be like it is, but it do".
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 15:42 GMT
#1104
On February 12 2013 01:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Regarding the WaveOfShadow case, I see some merit there but I'm still not here to lynch posting players unless more comes up. I agree with Mandalor about what part of the case is compelling. Unprompted soft AND hard town claims with some fairly stupid follow up excuses.


It's not as scummy because he doesn't want him lynched today. Scum would hope for a mislynch. It's not like he's super critical of the case, but it's not as eager as the other people.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 15:44 GMT
#1105
On February 15 2013 00:31 Mandalor wrote:
I don't quite understand zarepath's logic this game AT ALL.
I can't see how Sn0's reaction was any different from the others, including mine. Yet, for some reason, he excludes him from the "scummy" reactions. NOONE was super eager to go after him except warbaby maybe.

I still think post 6 was weird and I only really commented on that.


What other things about my play do you see as illogical?
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 16:00 GMT
#1106
This whole SK situation is pretty awkward. Due to the lack of counter Vig claim by now, it is clear that we do have an SK. On the other hand, we can't prove that it is ObviousOne. If he were mafia, then there is NO WAY the real SK would claim.

Either way, OO is an anti-town role.

However, at this point his actions still make me think it likely that OO is the serial killer not somebody else. If that is true, then town can think about "manipulating" the SK. Because at this point, the SK wants to kill scum anyway (since killing too much town leaves him vulnerable to scum, who are more coordinated than town). So if we let the SK live on the premise that he will shoot scum, then it is good. However, a) I don't think OO knows who scum is any better than anybody else and b) given the roleblock happening, and assuming it is scum, they can roleblock the SK every night and still kill with impunity until they have lynch-control. Because the SK has veteran status (+1 night life), I'm guessing scum want to lynch him not shoot him.

So we arrive at a funny point where scum wish very much to lynch the SK rather than shoot him, yet I believe it is also in towns best interest to lynch him (because scum fairly clearly has the tools to shut down the SK, and because I'm not convinced the SK will be able/willing to hit scum anyway). As previously mentioned, I don't really see how town can "Control" the SK since our votes are so awful. I mean, if we all ask the SK to NK a different person, he can do whatever he wants to right?

Another point of interest: If you read how C9++ setups are rolled, there can be either 2 OR 3 mafia associated with a 13 player SK game. While I'm aware that this setup is obviously not C9++, I'm assuming the balance would be similar. An interesting note is that I'm guessing the power level of our blue roles is lower than that of those in C9++, which would lead me to believe that a more accurate balance would be 2 scum not 3. This is just speculation.

I will point out that if there are only 2 mafia, I expect that they can guess that there is an SK. In that situation, it might be valuable to look and see if anybody "jumped" to the serial killer conclusion (aka already knew).

Long post, but TL:DR; My vote stays.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 16:10 GMT
#1107
If there are only two scum, SK definitely wants to lynch town tonight. I don't see how we could persuade OO to actually stay in control.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 16:15 GMT
#1108
On February 15 2013 01:10 zarepath wrote:
If there are only two scum, SK definitely wants to lynch town tonight. I don't see how we could persuade OO to actually stay in control.


Probably right actually. As I said, even though I think scum want to lynch OO pretty bad, so do town. Although its not unreasonable to say that scum might be willing to let OO live another day for a free townie kill.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 16:30 GMT
#1109
How about you guys talk about anything but me and anyone who insists on discussing me is obviously not reading the thread. I fully expect to get every single vote today so it will be no information if you pursue your speculation on me. Consider scum hunting as I was advocating before. I am gone for most of today for something out of my control so I won't be here to remind you of this nor provide any input until perhaps 7-8 hours from now. If you intend to trust me to shoot someone for you, just communicate it with your vote.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 14 2013 17:53 GMT
#1110
On February 15 2013 00:44 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 00:31 Mandalor wrote:
I don't quite understand zarepath's logic this game AT ALL.
I can't see how Sn0's reaction was any different from the others, including mine. Yet, for some reason, he excludes him from the "scummy" reactions. NOONE was super eager to go after him except warbaby maybe.

I still think post 6 was weird and I only really commented on that.


What other things about my play do you see as illogical?


I've already commented on how you see my filter as list-heavy when there's a single list-post. You either tunnel me really hard or you follow a certain agenda.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
February 14 2013 18:00 GMT
#1111
On February 15 2013 00:42 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 01:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Regarding the WaveOfShadow case, I see some merit there but I'm still not here to lynch posting players unless more comes up. I agree with Mandalor about what part of the case is compelling. Unprompted soft AND hard town claims with some fairly stupid follow up excuses.


It's not as scummy because he doesn't want him lynched today. Scum would hope for a mislynch. It's not like he's super critical of the case, but it's not as eager as the other people.


yeah but where's the difference to all the other reactions except warbaby's. Noone jumped on your case and said "LET'S LYNCH HIM".
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 14 2013 18:20 GMT
#1112
I'm not quite done talking about the TestSubject/ObviousOne situation. Right now I believe TS's claim, but I'm not sure about OO's SK claim. A few scenarios I don't think we can rule out (although it's very tenuous logic):

1) Both TS and OO are scum, TS is bussing OO in a very elaborate way. OO is not SK, so we still have to deal with 2 night kills after OO flips scum. This seems very unlikely, but would be a huge problem for town.
2) TS is Watcher and OO is scum. OO is trying to save his ass, and anybody giving credence to his SK cooperation offer may be scum trying to help him survive longer. This is also a big problem for town because SK and 2 scum are still alive after OO dies.
3) Assume the game balance is currently 6:3:1 (town:scum:sk). If we lynch OO and he flips SK, this leaves the game balance at 6:3 (town:scum). D3 will be 5:3. If we mislynch D4, we'll be at 3:3 and lose. So if we commit to lynching OO as SK, we can't mislynch.

Thoughts on other stuff:

+ Show Spoiler [Some Mocsta Meta] +

Mocsta's filter from Normal Mini IV where he was Town. Note that he posts a fairly comprehensive analysis of several players shortly after replacing into that game. He didn't do that in this game until the end of N1.
Mocsta's filter from LIX as town. Note the lack of massive wall of text posts and bullshit spewing on D1. Also note the way he's more open to discussing many players, not just the 2-4 players he's willing to lynch.
Mocsta's filter from XXXV as scum. Note the proliferation of big posts D1, lots of aggressive attempts to define the town agenda. Very similar to his D1 play in this game, IMO.

So based on purely this meta analysis, I believe Mocsta could be scum. Maybe he realized he was giving himself away too much, so now he's cooled his jets a bit, to blend back in with the less aggressive towns?


+ Show Spoiler [Zarepath] +

Zarepath tried a fake case on D1 to see if he could get any information either by pressuring WoS or analyzing the reaction to his case. My reaction to the case was "that's interesting, let's see what WoS says, before I consider voting him". Zarepath implies I got all excited about his case, which I did not. He continues to tunnel people based on a fake case from D1 -- he needs to move past this.


+ Show Spoiler [Mandalor] +

Also tunneling me over a falsification of my reaction to Zarepath's fake case. Looks scummy, continues to lurk and make shitty posts. After OO is dead, I'm much more interested in lynching mandalor at this point than sevryn.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 18:46 GMT
#1113
On February 15 2013 03:20 warbaby wrote:
I'm not quite done talking about the TestSubject/ObviousOne situation. Right now I believe TS's claim, but I'm not sure about OO's SK claim. A few scenarios I don't think we can rule out (although it's very tenuous logic):

1) Both TS and OO are scum, TS is bussing OO in a very elaborate way. OO is not SK, so we still have to deal with 2 night kills after OO flips scum. This seems very unlikely, but would be a huge problem for town.


TS can't be scum. Claiming tracker D1 is suicide because he can't know if there will be a tracker counter-claim. Plus he has to bus a buddy who agrees to play along for this to work. No chance.

TS is confirmed town tracker, 100%.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 18:47 GMT
#1114
EBWOP: Claiming D2 after N1
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 14 2013 18:55 GMT
#1115
On February 15 2013 03:46 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 03:20 warbaby wrote:
I'm not quite done talking about the TestSubject/ObviousOne situation. Right now I believe TS's claim, but I'm not sure about OO's SK claim. A few scenarios I don't think we can rule out (although it's very tenuous logic):

1) Both TS and OO are scum, TS is bussing OO in a very elaborate way. OO is not SK, so we still have to deal with 2 night kills after OO flips scum. This seems very unlikely, but would be a huge problem for town.


TS can't be scum. Claiming tracker D1 is suicide because he can't know if there will be a tracker counter-claim. Plus he has to bus a buddy who agrees to play along for this to work. No chance.

TS is confirmed town tracker, 100%.


Yeah, I'm heavily leaning that way. It would be an insane gambit to fake claim the way he did -- it's not 100% sure to fail but it's quite a risk.

If TS is confirmed Tracker, we need him to give input on who he thinks scum could be, not just who he tracked. Good chance he'll die N2.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 19:06 GMT
#1116
The 2 replacements are going to get lynched and NK'ed and we are gonna end up in much the same situation as if they were modkilled rofl. (okay we have more info hopefully).

Either way, what now becomes interesting is what happens tomorrow. It will be EITHER 5-3 OR 6-2 depending on setup. However, we can't know which. This is a fascinating situation because I think it may actually call for a no-lynch. Or at least, I don't know yet who I wish to lynch and a No-lynch is remarkably reasonable. In the 5-3 case we go down to 4-3, which is extremely risky but hopefully town should be able to locate the scum in such a situation. In the 6-2 case we go down to 5-2, which isn't even MYLO so town then has a safe mislynch. While town won't know, it doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Keep in mind that in the 3-scum case, mislynch tomorrow is GG.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 19:30 GMT
#1117
On February 15 2013 03:00 Mandalor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 00:42 zarepath wrote:
On February 12 2013 01:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Regarding the WaveOfShadow case, I see some merit there but I'm still not here to lynch posting players unless more comes up. I agree with Mandalor about what part of the case is compelling. Unprompted soft AND hard town claims with some fairly stupid follow up excuses.


It's not as scummy because he doesn't want him lynched today. Scum would hope for a mislynch. It's not like he's super critical of the case, but it's not as eager as the other people.


yeah but where's the difference to all the other reactions except warbaby's. Noone jumped on your case and said "LET'S LYNCH HIM".


No, but they didn't proactively say "let's not lynch him." In fact, somebody saying "LET'S LYNCH HIM" would have read more town than scum to me.

WB, the only reason I'm bringing this fake case stuff out again is because Mocsta wanted more of my reaction to my fake case, so I provided it.

Mandalor, you have TWO lists in your filter, and it's a short filter. I did exaggerate when I said "every other post is a list," you're right about that; it was fairly sloppy. But that doesn't magically make your filter read town.

Where were your N1 reads? Who do you even suspect of being scum anymore? Someone claims tracker on a kill, someone claims vig in response, and your reaction is what? The first thing you've posted since then is to call me out on bad logic on something unrelated.

So in sum, don't criticize people for suspecting you and saying you look scummy when you have done almost nothing to look town. Start acting like town and at least pretending to care about the scum hunt.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 19:31 GMT
#1118
On February 15 2013 02:53 Mandalor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2013 00:44 zarepath wrote:
On February 15 2013 00:31 Mandalor wrote:
I don't quite understand zarepath's logic this game AT ALL.
I can't see how Sn0's reaction was any different from the others, including mine. Yet, for some reason, he excludes him from the "scummy" reactions. NOONE was super eager to go after him except warbaby maybe.

I still think post 6 was weird and I only really commented on that.


What other things about my play do you see as illogical?


I've already commented on how you see my filter as list-heavy when there's a single list-post. You either tunnel me really hard or you follow a certain agenda.

Also note that you're one of SEVERAL people I have slight scum reads on, and the quote you have issue with comes from a post with reads on literally every single player. I hardly call that tunneling; I'm not calling for your lynch or anything.

Don't be so defensive and look for scum instead.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 19:32 GMT
#1119
Could we get a vote count pretty please? Thx.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 19:33 GMT
#1120
Erm,

Could we get a vote count pretty please?

Thanks
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4140
ToSsGirL 93
Mong 87
sorry 58
Rush 14
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King138
Other Games
summit1g8426
WinterStarcraft628
ceh9443
Happy260
Sick163
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2270
League of Legends
• Stunt434
Other Games
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 52m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.