• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:59
CEST 09:59
KST 16:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9406 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 54

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 92 Next
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:11 GMT
#1061
Is that an offer? In exchange for another day of life, you'll kill someone we tell you to?
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:13 GMT
#1062
On February 14 2013 12:11 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 12:09 zarepath wrote:
On February 14 2013 11:59 ObviousOne wrote:
Who else but me as vigilante is able to speculate on the existence or absence of a vigilante so confidently? I knew nobody would speak up since I was responsible for the kill, and if anyone had dared I would be an instant counter-claim to it.


Then WHY WOULD YOU LET TOWN ASSUME THERE'S AN SK???

Because it shouldn't change how you play?


Then why even bring it up, to say "I'm going to have to assume there's an SK now" if it contributes nothing and won't change anything?
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 03:14 GMT
#1063
Do you really think he's SK though? And even if he is.... I'm not sure that's a great idea, lol.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:14 GMT
#1064
And here's another thing -- you might not be SK. You could easily be mafia, the one who carried out the scum hit, and the SK hit geript.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 03:17 GMT
#1065
On February 14 2013 12:10 ObviousOne wrote:
You sure you guys don't want any more help, then? If I'm the SK you have a guaranteed not-scum lynch putting you that much closer to MYLO/LYLO with no real information. I mean, I just want to know if I can fuck off if you're not going to read any more cases for me. If you will read them, they will come.

The problem remains

(1) You are scum and made the kill

but u said you are vig and made the kill; so if we said.. you are scum... who the fuck killed geript..
either way, sk or scum which => lynch

(2) You are vig and made the kill

Considering only two kills; why pretend like there is SK around?
SK there would be three kills...

(3) You are SK and made the kill

All coming together now, actions make sense.
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 14 2013 03:19 GMT
#1066
On February 14 2013 11:50 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

I shot WaveofShadow. I thought he was scum. I couldn't get a good read on him based on D1 and I felt it would give me insight into his back-and-forth with Corazon and thus more information about Corazon. Haven't looked yet at Corazon in light of the flip but now that it's out, you know where I was going with it and why I mentioned it earlier.

I don't believe in breadcrumbs (as you can see in the case of Zarepath, they aren't exactly invisible) and from what I've read/experienced in normal games, breadcrumbs are a good way to get yourself killed with a power role.

I also didn't want to give scum a chance at finding a confirmed town for tomorrow so I just kept quiet.

I have serious problems with this claim

as TestSubject pointed out.
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:17 TestSubject893 wrote:
A is unlikely for the following reasons. ObviousOne said himself that a Vigilante should have checked in ahead of time, making it unlikely that that is his role
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


Then there is:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 10:03 Mocsta wrote:
This is total bullshit:

If there is a vig out there; you better have breadcrumbs.

proper vig play, is to say who you are killing in the last minute before deadline (in this case you had 1 hr)

Newbie games always 1-shot vig; so if present, you are now VT; its safe to speak up

Now, i said @ 10:03 it is SAFE TO SPEAK UP, you are now VT

note @ 10:23 ObviousOne
says
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


##Vote: ObviousOne

You just fucked up majorly Mr.SK

Hey mocsta why did you say mr. sk but not scum? do you already know he isn't scum?
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:20 GMT
#1067
I don't know, so many holes here. Conveniently not believing in bread crumbs, not claiming in the hour that he himself said that the vigilante should have claimed, only killing WaveofShadow so that he could get INFORMATION on Corazon, wanting to stay "null" so scum don't have a target for tomorrow night... I mean, giving town a confirmed townie on Day 2 is HUGE, and getting picked of N2 isn't so awful because that means any active blue roles we may have get a full nother night of actions in.

Really dubious claim.

##Vote ObviousOne
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 03:21 GMT
#1068
On February 14 2013 12:11 zarepath wrote:
Is that an offer? In exchange for another day of life, you'll kill someone we tell you to?

You should probably judge that based on the evidence I dredge up, and not on me making promises for kills. After all, if people are decided that I am SK I'm not exactly sure how to refute that except to keep doing the job I'm supposed to be doing as town, as I have advocated others to do as well.

On February 14 2013 12:14 zarepath wrote:
And here's another thing -- you might not be SK. You could easily be mafia, the one who carried out the scum hit, and the SK hit geript.

That's pretty easy to judge based on what I bring to the thread and how successful I end up being ousting mafia.



Look at it this way, you either have to take me out now because of your suspicions that I am SK at the risk a faster loss with two town lynches in a row, meaning town play MUST be very successful (town CAN come back from two town lynches in a row)
- or -
You can wait til you find the three scum with my help and if the game doesn't end you just straight up hang me on the spot.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 03:22 GMT
#1069
On February 14 2013 12:19 Sevryn wrote:
Hey mocsta why did you say mr. sk but not scum? do you already know he isn't scum?

Hi Mr. lurker,

Well I didnt think he was scum before the killing, so wasn't a natural thought to assume he is scum now.

Either way; I am certain he is scum/SK now; and should be the lynch candidate for today.

Are you going to continue lurking and taking snipes?
Or
are you going to join town and rid us of EVIL !!
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 14 2013 03:22 GMT
#1070
by the way we pretty much have to lynch ObviousOne but I hope you keep posting OO because what you say and what people reply to you can give us a good bit more imformation once you flip.
##vote ObviousOne
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 03:24 GMT
#1071
On February 14 2013 12:21 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 12:11 zarepath wrote:
Is that an offer? In exchange for another day of life, you'll kill someone we tell you to?

You should probably judge that based on the evidence I dredge up, and not on me making promises for kills. After all, if people are decided that I am SK I'm not exactly sure how to refute that except to keep doing the job I'm supposed to be doing as town, as I have advocated others to do as well.

Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 12:14 zarepath wrote:
And here's another thing -- you might not be SK. You could easily be mafia, the one who carried out the scum hit, and the SK hit geript.

That's pretty easy to judge based on what I bring to the thread and how successful I end up being ousting mafia.



Look at it this way, you either have to take me out now because of your suspicions that I am SK at the risk a faster loss with two town lynches in a row, meaning town play MUST be very successful (town CAN come back from two town lynches in a row)
- or -
You can wait til you find the three scum with my help and if the game doesn't end you just straight up hang me on the spot.

You forgot the most important "OR"

OR
town lynch you, and its equivalent to lynching scum; your win-con requires town and scum eliminated, so you are still a threat.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
February 14 2013 03:24 GMT
#1072
##Vote ObviousOne

I don't think we can risk him being scum and blindsiding us by saying he's SK and helping us by targetting scum.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:24 GMT
#1073
So you're arguing that your ability to help us find the three scum (how do you know there's three?) outweighs your ability to kill one of us every single night?

The other problem is that having both SK kills and mafia kills each night will be super confusing as to knowing who actually killed you; we'd have to take your word for it. If you actually think an SK would be worth keeping around, and that's your defense, you better hard claim SK and explain your value to town. This either-or crap only solidifies your lynch.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 14 2013 03:26 GMT
#1074
On February 14 2013 12:22 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 12:19 Sevryn wrote:
Hey mocsta why did you say mr. sk but not scum? do you already know he isn't scum?

Hi Mr. lurker,

Well I didnt think he was scum before the killing, so wasn't a natural thought to assume he is scum now.

Either way; I am certain he is scum/SK now; and should be the lynch candidate for today.

Are you going to continue lurking and taking snipes?
Or
are you going to join town and rid us of EVIL !!

hey im working on not lurking and have posted my views on corazon which I would love to hear what you think about it. if we decide to lynch OO which I think we should We have Two whole days to talk about who to lynch next which is a huge bonus. i do think we should stay away from arguements that involve speculating on what his flip means till he flips that way we dont get distracted on what it means.
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 03:31 GMT
#1075
I'm heading to bed for the night and will be busy in the morning tomorrow, so I'm out of here for probably 14 or 15 hours. Hopefully there are no more questions about my post.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 03:35 GMT
#1076
On February 14 2013 12:26 Sevryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 12:22 Mocsta wrote:
On February 14 2013 12:19 Sevryn wrote:
Hey mocsta why did you say mr. sk but not scum? do you already know he isn't scum?

Hi Mr. lurker,

Well I didnt think he was scum before the killing, so wasn't a natural thought to assume he is scum now.

Either way; I am certain he is scum/SK now; and should be the lynch candidate for today.

Are you going to continue lurking and taking snipes?
Or
are you going to join town and rid us of EVIL !!

hey im working on not lurking and have posted my views on corazon which I would love to hear what you think about it. if we decide to lynch OO which I think we should We have Two whole days to talk about who to lynch next which is a huge bonus. i do think we should stay away from arguements that involve speculating on what his flip means till he flips that way we dont get distracted on what it means.

hmmm, Corazon hasnt been on my mind to be honest; I think someone made a case (?Geript IIRC) - which I guess is suspect, knowing that that OO killed WoS no matter alignment.

I can look into it; but I still want more information from zarepath first.

this SK dilemna has clouded the thread somewhat (deserving though albeit) so things like my questions to zarepath are buried.

Taking a break regardless
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:49 GMT
#1077
I'm going to bed but will look at your questions tomorrow, Mocsta.

I know you are looking for my analysis of my fake case, but I did have that -- it was a list of their reactions. It's informed all my other reads, but I haven't done another full recap of it. I forget what your other question was. I'll check tomorrow.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
warbaby
Profile Joined May 2011
United States510 Posts
February 14 2013 03:58 GMT
#1078
Wow lol I'm done with work and I come back to this madness.

At first I wasn't sure about ObviousOne's vig claim, but there's a decent case for why ObviousOne is probably not vig. Vig should have claimed earlier to clear up SK speculation, especially since the vig is single-bullet. I'm buying this argument.

It's possible TestSubject is lying hardcore with his claim and case, but that would be an even more daring gambit than ObviousOne fake claiming vig to save his scum/SK ass.

##Vote: ObviousOne

Hopefully I will not be as IRL busy tomorrow (12 hour workday today =/) and can put more effort into the game. I'm heading to bed now.
It puts the GG in the basket. It does this whenever it's told or else it gets the Mutalisks again.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 04:04 GMT
#1079
Test just curious why you chose to track me
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 04:25 GMT
#1080
I have consulted the oracle. What was said for me, and me alone, to hear.

I am The One and I acted alone.

There are most likely only three among you who were handed the red pill.

You are going to need weapons. Lots of them. The agents of the enemy are among us.

Did you see her?

The woman in the red dress?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3595
Soma 231
Rush 213
ToSsGirL 87
Killer 84
Mong 83
Shinee 12
Counter-Strike
ceh9560
shoxiejesuss364
byalli68
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King125
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft658
olofmeister568
Happy278
dupreeh202
Sick165
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
League of Legends
• Stunt427
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.