• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:08
CEST 09:08
KST 16:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8982 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 53

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 92 Next
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 02:40 GMT
#1041
On February 14 2013 11:34 Mocsta wrote:
TestSubject,

I read the logic over a few times; I think the options listed are valid.

ObviousOne is a candidate for SK.. but I need to hear somethings from you first

Can you please clarify:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:17 TestSubject893 wrote:
B is unlikely becuase there is little reason for the mafia to think that ObviousOne will get tracked.

If scum did not value ObviousOne; why would you target him? That part of the story needs to be complete for me.


As an aside, we know ObviousOne isnt JK, because the kill went through despite a "JK block"
Completely agree on the vig logic deduction.


Second question:
Lets say ObviousOne claims VT => (COULD be Nosy Neghbour, he is not self-aware)
What do we do; do we lynch ObviousOne?
If so, if he flips town; does that mean we lynch you next?

I want to believe your claim; but the umm.. amazingness of it all is making me shocked all over again. I cant handle this twice in 2hours.
Really need your answers on the above; and feedback from ObviousOne.





I don't really understand what you mean by scum not valuing him, can you be more specific?

And since you predicted his action so well, I say yes kill him still. If by some stroke of terrible lick for the town he is the vigilante, we can kill me next, but that would probably result in a game loss since we'd be down like 4 more townies at that point. I think we just lose if he's vigilante, but that's a risk I'm fine taking.
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 02:40 GMT
#1042
Terrible luck, not lick.
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 02:43 GMT
#1043
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

I shot WaveofShadow. I thought he was scum. I couldn't get a good read on him based on D1 and I felt it would give me insight into his back-and-forth with Corazon and thus more information about Corazon. Haven't looked yet at Corazon in light of the flip but now that it's out, you know where I was going with it and why I mentioned it earlier.

I don't believe in breadcrumbs (as you can see in the case of Zarepath, they aren't exactly invisible) and from what I've read/experienced in normal games, breadcrumbs are a good way to get yourself killed with a power role.

I also didn't want to give scum a chance at finding a confirmed town for tomorrow so I just kept quiet.


Give the scum a chance at confirmed town? You guys already know who is town, its everyone who isn't on your team~
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 14 2013 02:43 GMT
#1044
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

I shot WaveofShadow. I thought he was scum. I couldn't get a good read on him based on D1 and I felt it would give me insight into his back-and-forth with Corazon and thus more information about Corazon. Haven't looked yet at Corazon in light of the flip but now that it's out, you know where I was going with it and why I mentioned it earlier.

I don't believe in breadcrumbs (as you can see in the case of Zarepath, they aren't exactly invisible) and from what I've read/experienced in normal games, breadcrumbs are a good way to get yourself killed with a power role.

I also didn't want to give scum a chance at finding a confirmed town for tomorrow so I just kept quiet.

why didnt you claim it since vigis are one shot making you a VT now?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 02:50 GMT
#1045
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

I shot WaveofShadow. I thought he was scum. I couldn't get a good read on him based on D1 and I felt it would give me insight into his back-and-forth with Corazon and thus more information about Corazon. Haven't looked yet at Corazon in light of the flip but now that it's out, you know where I was going with it and why I mentioned it earlier.

I don't believe in breadcrumbs (as you can see in the case of Zarepath, they aren't exactly invisible) and from what I've read/experienced in normal games, breadcrumbs are a good way to get yourself killed with a power role.

I also didn't want to give scum a chance at finding a confirmed town for tomorrow so I just kept quiet.

I have serious problems with this claim

as TestSubject pointed out.
On February 14 2013 11:17 TestSubject893 wrote:
A is unlikely for the following reasons. ObviousOne said himself that a Vigilante should have checked in ahead of time, making it unlikely that that is his role
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


Then there is:
On February 14 2013 10:03 Mocsta wrote:
This is total bullshit:

If there is a vig out there; you better have breadcrumbs.

proper vig play, is to say who you are killing in the last minute before deadline (in this case you had 1 hr)

Newbie games always 1-shot vig; so if present, you are now VT; its safe to speak up

Now, i said @ 10:03 it is SAFE TO SPEAK UP, you are now VT

note @ 10:23 ObviousOne
says
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


##Vote: ObviousOne

You just fucked up majorly Mr.SK
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 02:51 GMT
#1046
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

LOL

is Pops even a muppet?

Reminds me. of "Hi, I am Tommy the Fireman"
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 02:52 GMT
#1047
Do you still need me to address B Mocsta? I'm still not really sure what you're asking.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 02:55 GMT
#1048
On February 14 2013 11:52 TestSubject893 wrote:
Do you still need me to address B Mocsta? I'm still not really sure what you're asking.

All m00t now.

I was trying to keep an open mind to things; hence the questions.

But I think he just shat himself and didnt read your post properly.

If he did, he would have known vig was the one thing he could NOT claim LOL
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 02:57 GMT
#1049
P.S.

Another kicker.

ObviousOne posted during the 1hr (no change to actoins) zone.. Could have easily said.. Hi, I am vig, and chose WoS.

So vote stands.

Welcome TestSubject, you are not our first confirmed town
Perhaps you can be the hero this town can trust for a consolidated vote
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 02:57 GMT
#1050
EBWOP: you are NOW our first confirmed town
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 02:59 GMT
#1051
On February 14 2013 11:50 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

I shot WaveofShadow. I thought he was scum. I couldn't get a good read on him based on D1 and I felt it would give me insight into his back-and-forth with Corazon and thus more information about Corazon. Haven't looked yet at Corazon in light of the flip but now that it's out, you know where I was going with it and why I mentioned it earlier.

I don't believe in breadcrumbs (as you can see in the case of Zarepath, they aren't exactly invisible) and from what I've read/experienced in normal games, breadcrumbs are a good way to get yourself killed with a power role.

I also didn't want to give scum a chance at finding a confirmed town for tomorrow so I just kept quiet.

I have serious problems with this claim

as TestSubject pointed out.
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:17 TestSubject893 wrote:
A is unlikely for the following reasons. ObviousOne said himself that a Vigilante should have checked in ahead of time, making it unlikely that that is his role
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


Then there is:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 10:03 Mocsta wrote:
This is total bullshit:

If there is a vig out there; you better have breadcrumbs.

proper vig play, is to say who you are killing in the last minute before deadline (in this case you had 1 hr)

Newbie games always 1-shot vig; so if present, you are now VT; its safe to speak up

Now, i said @ 10:03 it is SAFE TO SPEAK UP, you are now VT

note @ 10:23 ObviousOne
says
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


##Vote: ObviousOne

You just fucked up majorly Mr.SK

Who else but me as vigilante is able to speculate on the existence or absence of a vigilante so confidently? I knew nobody would speak up since I was responsible for the kill, and if anyone had dared I would be an instant counter-claim to it.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 03:02 GMT
#1052
I'm still not buying it. :/
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 03:04 GMT
#1053
On February 14 2013 11:59 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:50 Mocsta wrote:
On February 14 2013 11:35 ObviousOne wrote:
Well, fuck. There goes my shot at staying null.

I am Pops the Doorman and the Vigilante.

I shot WaveofShadow. I thought he was scum. I couldn't get a good read on him based on D1 and I felt it would give me insight into his back-and-forth with Corazon and thus more information about Corazon. Haven't looked yet at Corazon in light of the flip but now that it's out, you know where I was going with it and why I mentioned it earlier.

I don't believe in breadcrumbs (as you can see in the case of Zarepath, they aren't exactly invisible) and from what I've read/experienced in normal games, breadcrumbs are a good way to get yourself killed with a power role.

I also didn't want to give scum a chance at finding a confirmed town for tomorrow so I just kept quiet.

I have serious problems with this claim

as TestSubject pointed out.
On February 14 2013 11:17 TestSubject893 wrote:
A is unlikely for the following reasons. ObviousOne said himself that a Vigilante should have checked in ahead of time, making it unlikely that that is his role
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


Then there is:
On February 14 2013 10:03 Mocsta wrote:
This is total bullshit:

If there is a vig out there; you better have breadcrumbs.

proper vig play, is to say who you are killing in the last minute before deadline (in this case you had 1 hr)

Newbie games always 1-shot vig; so if present, you are now VT; its safe to speak up

Now, i said @ 10:03 it is SAFE TO SPEAK UP, you are now VT

note @ 10:23 ObviousOne
says
On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet. Going to have to assume SK if there isn't a claim in the next 24 hours.


##Vote: ObviousOne

You just fucked up majorly Mr.SK

Who else but me as vigilante is able to speculate on the existence or absence of a vigilante so confidently? I knew nobody would speak up since I was responsible for the kill, and if anyone had dared I would be an instant counter-claim to it.

That is a fair point.

But Night 1, there was NO reason to suspect SK (as far as I was aware)

As I already stated.. you had a 1hr window to claim Vig preDay2.

You posted during this 1hr window.. but did not claim intention to kill WoS.

The plan is foiled.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 03:04 GMT
#1054
Well, don't let your conviction that I'm SK or scum somehow stop you from scum-hunting. Vote for me if you feel it's necessary but meanwhile there's still a game to play here. Going into the Corazone to see what I can conjure up.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 03:06 GMT
#1055

Pops is indeed a muppet for you doubters, by the way. Guess the wrong person walked through my doorway (hint: it wasn't Johnny Cash).
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 03:07 GMT
#1056
This is you posting during the final hour
On February 14 2013 09:47 ObviousOne wrote:
Okay gonna stop filter-diving for a moment to give you some of my findings.

Sylencia


(theres actually quite a few posts).. you even comment on my last will, given 15min prior to deadline

On February 14 2013 10:17 Mocsta wrote:
(2) 2nd hit: Vig hit or SK hit;

On February 14 2013 10:23 ObviousOne wrote:
Still have some time for a possible Vig to check in. I'm surprised there wasn't a claim given there was an hour window during which night actions were being put through, but that might just mean they're not able to respond yet.

Im surprised too no-one claimed either.

Words straight out of ya mouth.

And you have proven you could respond.. and didnt.. so yeah.. SK SK SK
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 03:07 GMT
#1057
I'm pretty new to playing this game online, but I think what he's doing now is called busing.

In all honesty, Corazon is at the top of my list for players to pressure once we're sure we're killing OO.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
February 14 2013 03:09 GMT
#1058
On February 14 2013 11:59 ObviousOne wrote:
Who else but me as vigilante is able to speculate on the existence or absence of a vigilante so confidently? I knew nobody would speak up since I was responsible for the kill, and if anyone had dared I would be an instant counter-claim to it.


Then WHY WOULD YOU LET TOWN ASSUME THERE'S AN SK???
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 03:10 GMT
#1059
You sure you guys don't want any more help, then? If I'm the SK you have a guaranteed not-scum lynch putting you that much closer to MYLO/LYLO with no real information. I mean, I just want to know if I can fuck off if you're not going to read any more cases for me. If you will read them, they will come.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 03:11 GMT
#1060
On February 14 2013 12:09 zarepath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 11:59 ObviousOne wrote:
Who else but me as vigilante is able to speculate on the existence or absence of a vigilante so confidently? I knew nobody would speak up since I was responsible for the kill, and if anyone had dared I would be an instant counter-claim to it.


Then WHY WOULD YOU LET TOWN ASSUME THERE'S AN SK???

Because it shouldn't change how you play?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4140
ToSsGirL 93
Mong 87
sorry 58
Rush 14
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King138
Other Games
summit1g8426
WinterStarcraft628
ceh9443
Happy260
Sick163
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2270
League of Legends
• Stunt434
Other Games
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 52m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.