• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:04
CEST 20:04
KST 03:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8454 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXVII - Page 50

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 92 Next
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 14 2013 00:16 GMT
#981
Oh frak my post just got eaten
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 14 2013 00:23 GMT
#982
Piecing this together as it was. Don't have time to quote as I would like.
WoS extended:
WoS claims to have a strong scum read on glurio at two different points... still refuses to vote for him.
Thinks there's a 50/50 shot of hitting scum between Glurio/Sevryn. Votes for neither and instead goes for a 25% chance.
Claims to have strong reads on Sevryn being scum.
Admits his scum reads haven't changed since earlier.
Admits that his scum reads were not strong and would likely have been destroyed.
Additionally, he tries to associate himself with Mocsta to gain town cred

So far as I see it, WoS does not want to take credit for any negative actions. Not willing to risk having attention drawn to him. Wants to associate with positively viewed actions.

Sorry, I have to be heading to work and can't quote it as I'd like. I'll expound on this more later if I can.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 14 2013 00:27 GMT
#983
At least some of geript's points are direct sheep of mine. #justsayin
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 14 2013 00:29 GMT
#984
Seemed like good points that had been missed especially re: recent posts.
Sevryn
Profile Joined September 2010
698 Posts
February 14 2013 00:35 GMT
#985
Hey guys im at work so i cant really make a real post right now but i agree with geript and sno i just didnt want to make an omgus post i can elaborate on this when i get home
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 00:47 GMT
#986
Okay gonna stop filter-diving for a moment to give you some of my findings.

Sylencia
My biggest grievance that Sylencia felt "under pressure" with one vote. Whether that pressure stemmed from being categorized as a lurker by some or if it was the vote itself is not eminently clear. This somehow triggered a survival mechanism within:
On February 13 2013 09:35 Sylencia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 09:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 13 2013 09:21 Sylencia wrote:
On February 13 2013 08:52 Mocsta wrote:
Sylencia
I just checked your filter

and noticed your recent posts are defensive (perhaps due to pressure you)

What I need from you to determine alignment is not a defense; but to see you scum hunt.

I could not find a vote in your filter.Please indicate who your top scum read, and dot point why.


I've only checked a few filters unfortunately (bad play by me) but from those I've checked I'm going to still stick with my suspicion on Warbaby. I've tunneled on him a little bit too much though...

- Firstly, I didn't read what happened in NMM36 - so I don't know what happened there though you guys seem to have pretty much filled me in on it anyways.
- I did my analysis on him, and it feels like he's been aggressively trying to get me killed following it. There are other reasons he has given (lurker) but as Corazon has mentioned, there are a bunch of lurkers in this game and it is like I'm the target because I'm the one in that bunch who has targetted him.
- Rather than vote for a player he considers to be scummy, he decides to simply follow a LAL policy - so either he's not willing to vote for the people he finds suspicious or he's not scum hunting but policy killing, and not scum hunting is exactly what he is accusing me of too.

Suspicion is not enough with 30 minutes to go. Wishy-washy up until the end is not going to earn you any friends with your neck on the line.


No it will not, but as much as I would want to vote him - I might end up having to vote for my survival, since warbaby will not be gathering any votes.

I'd like an explanation as to how Sylencia felt pressured enough to consider survival voting (unless I am completely missing something, which is possible considering the time I have left to get this in) with only 1 vote on him/her.

Sylencia also claimed to have gone through several filters, but never gave any information regarding which ones, nor any conclusions based on that reading. I'd expect at least something would trigger asking a question, but Sylencia seemed content to tunnel WB. I also noted that the VOTE for WB came extremely late compared to the case. Tunneling is there, conviction in words is there, but the vote was delayed? Was the vote delayed out of convenience, accidental omission, or is the whole "survival" thing tied into this, or was it withheld to wait for a potential easy bandwagon? Connecting the dots here leads me to believe this survival instinct is not town motivated.
On February 12 2013 13:20 Sylencia wrote:
My only posts have really been against warbaby - thought it was assumed <.<

I literally wrote "Uh oh" in my notes.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 00:48 GMT
#987
Mocsta N1: Last Will


Firstly, the item below needs to be cleared, as several have raised it.

"I am concerned about Mocsta drop in 'usual activity'"


(1) I am playing two on-going games;
the other game started a few days before this and Lynch deadlines are the same days. That game takes priority over this one.


(2) I could only join this game because the experience limit was lifted;
I don't think it is fair for me to try to mayor discussion. I got called out for it early on -rightfully (sorry, its a habit so am now trying to active lurk, and throw in my feedback when I see stuff I find suspicious; instead of lead discussion.



To the real stuff:
People I would spend time listening to Day2:

+ Show Spoiler [ObviousOne] +

I like the way he has entered the game, and shared his posts. Liking the way a guy posts is not town indicative though, so, we really need ObviousOne to step up and pressure a scum read; to gain understanding of alignment.


Remember, a case says more about the MAKER, than the target.

+ Show Spoiler [zarepath] +
I am so conflicted with this guy. In my opinion, his "fake case" actually unsettled town and is responsible for creating this split vote outcome.
I am still trying to piece together whether the outcome was simply not thought through enough (town); OR intentional (scum).
My concern is that, zarepath did not deliver the thorough analysis of this "experiment" like promised - at least I dont recall reading it. I also noticed at the end of Night 1, zarepath shared some reads; but these are based on the thread dynamics, not his experiment (conveniently....) I think zarepath needs to provide *VERY* clear reasoning behind his actions this Day2. If needs be; pressure him for this.


Remember, the experiment itself is NULL. It comes down to WHAT he does with the information.


People I would spend time pressuring Day2:

+ Show Spoiler [Testsubject (2nd new guy)] +

Give him 24hrs to read the 40 pages; by then, he better have a scum read, otherwise it might be pertinent to discuss a policy lynch.


+ Show Spoiler [warbaby] +

I re-read his filter; and this guy just flip flops constantly and tries to join whatever bandwagon he can. He is also constantly referencing old-games; either himself as town, or me as scum. I judge people by their actions in-game; he seems to be avoiding this, as when he even admits 'he doesnt have strong opinions" middle of Day1, and what has been shared since then, seems to be the same.He is still one of my strongest scum reads


+ Show Spoiler [Mandalor] +

This guy has not done much all game, other than offer excuse after excuse. I have not seen anything that I interpret as town aligned; so he is null for me. That is the problem; I would expect by Day2, people have offered enough to be towny, or scummy. Why is he in the middle? This guy needs to be put in the interrogation room, like NOW!


+ Show Spoiler [Geript] +

Need I say more? This guy has shown glimmers of trying to figure out the game, and then does the oddest shit from that.
- Put a defense on warbaby by attacking me (The case was refuted easily)
- Gives a non-chalant response towards the mislynch.
- The case of Corazon reads as if there is no conviction. Which is surprising; why make the case if you do not believe in it? Surely this isnt another Glurio trying to claim a "zarepath" experiment.

- Another weird thing with Geript is his opening vote on warbaby; as an "experiment" yet when I come after warbaby, he jumps straight in to be warbaby knight in shining armour



People I think need to step up Day2:

+ Show Spoiler [WaveofShadow] +

I have not been focusing on this guy for a couple reasons
(1) Been concentrating on people like warbaby/Geript
(2) I credited him as "bad townie" prior, so never felt a need to prioritize him

Thing is, every time I read something from this guy, I just get an odd vibe. Haven't put in enough time to decipher where this feeling derives from though. I am going to treat him as "null" for Day2, and see how it goes from there.

Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
February 14 2013 00:51 GMT
#988
ObviousOne:

It was at the point where I had 2 votes (and somehow 2 votes was enough to have me up for lynching) where I was mentioning having to survival vote. I already explained it before why I felt that survival voting was possibly necessary for me.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 00:52 GMT
#989
OMG Mocsta <3 for being first in your list. I hope my last post was helpful in regard to your note about me.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 00:53 GMT
#990
On February 14 2013 09:51 Sylencia wrote:
ObviousOne:

It was at the point where I had 2 votes (and somehow 2 votes was enough to have me up for lynching) where I was mentioning having to survival vote. I already explained it before why I felt that survival voting was possibly necessary for me.

I might have missed the second vote since I was using Count Votes, but the intent to self-preserve is there and a common scum tactic when up for lynch. You don't vote to preserve, you hunt scum.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 00:56 GMT
#991
On February 14 2013 09:52 ObviousOne wrote:
OMG Mocsta <3 for being first in your list. I hope my last post was helpful in regard to your note about me.

I didnt accuse you of anything.

Your listed under

People need to give you a chance to speak (i.e. listen to)

I dont think pressuring you this early is going determine your alignment.


The other new guy is listed under "pressure"
because he is yet to post. and we cant let him fly by Day2, being under the radar.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 00:56 GMT
#992
Okay, I failed at reading Dandel's filter. It was up a page from where I was looking:
On February 13 2013 09:29 Dandel Ion wrote:
[image loading] Count Vote:

glurio (3): Sevryn, Mocsta, cDgCorazon
Sylencia (2): warbaby, Mandalor
WaveofShadow (1): geript
Macheji (1): WaveofShadow
Sevryn (1): Sn0_Man
Mandalor (1): zarepath

Not Voting (4): 9-BiT, Macheji, glurio, Sylencia


Currently, glurio is set to be lynched!
~half an hour remaining until deadline.
Remember you have to vote!


I admit you are correct on the point of having 2 votes.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 00:58 GMT
#993
On February 14 2013 09:56 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2013 09:52 ObviousOne wrote:
OMG Mocsta <3 for being first in your list. I hope my last post was helpful in regard to your note about me.

I didnt accuse you of anything.

Your listed under

People need to give you a chance to speak (i.e. listen to)

I dont think pressuring you this early is going determine your alignment.


The other new guy is listed under "pressure"
because he is yet to post. and we cant let him fly by Day2, being under the radar.

I didn't say you had accused me of anything, I just love me some attention in this game. I'm glad you are enjoying my posts, I agree that enjoying posts it not alignment indicative, at least it's fun to read. We can effectively communicate, which is always a plus.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
February 14 2013 00:59 GMT
#994
So I just finished reading the thread, although it was long enough that I felt the need to push myself to do so more quickly than I otherwise would have liked. (Thanks Mocsta and warbaby. ) I'm putting together a post with my overall thoughts now.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
February 14 2013 01:00 GMT
#995
Day 2


The night was subdued. Even Statler and Waldorf were a bit shaken by the gruesome sight of Animal succumbing to a Rickroll. Most people drooped off to bed, but not Fozzie and Rowlf. Their only purpose in life was to bring a bit of cheer to people's lives, through their jokes and their music and so, to give everybody a good start the next day, they headed to the stage to practice some of the golden oldies.

Someone replaced the apple with a grenade.

geript as Fozzie Bear (Vanilla Townie) was blown up by a live grenade.
WaveofShadow as Rowlf the Dog (Vanilla Townie) was blown up by a live grenade.

+ Show Spoiler [role pms] +


You are Fozzie Bear (Vanilla Townie). Unfortunately, this is no time for comedy. The evildoers who caused this terrible tragedy must be put to justice. You have your voice and your vote to see the law put to work. Use them well. You win with town.



You are Rowlf the Dog (Vanilla Townie). Normally you would turn to your piano for solace, but... well... it was left behind. You must help your fellow muppets get out of this, and you can use your voice and your vote for this. Use them well. You win with town.


It is now day 2! You have 48 hours to vote, until [unparsable timestamp format] on Friday to do so. Voting is mandatory
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 14 2013 01:01 GMT
#996
.... What the hell just happened?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 01:01 GMT
#997
WTF?

2 KILLS?

who is vig?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 01:02 GMT
#998
fuck.. or sk?
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
February 14 2013 01:03 GMT
#999
On February 14 2013 09:56 ObviousOne wrote:
Okay, I failed at reading Dandel's filter. It was up a page from where I was looking:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 09:29 Dandel Ion wrote:
[image loading] Count Vote:

glurio (3): Sevryn, Mocsta, cDgCorazon
Sylencia (2): warbaby, Mandalor
WaveofShadow (1): geript
Macheji (1): WaveofShadow
Sevryn (1): Sn0_Man
Mandalor (1): zarepath

Not Voting (4): 9-BiT, Macheji, glurio, Sylencia


Currently, glurio is set to be lynched!
~half an hour remaining until deadline.
Remember you have to vote!


I admit you are correct on the point of having 2 votes.


There were 3 vote counts where I had 2 votes, 2 of them where I was set to be lynched. You are correct in that the goal of town is to scum hunt and not survival, but you don't really have a choice if it's either you or someone else who is going to die. I know I'm town, I don't know what he is, in this case it isn't about scum hunting for me but town number preservation. Of course there are times when you can take a bullet to prove people voting for you are suspicious but with 2-3 votes on the lynch target it doesn't give much information whatsoever.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 14 2013 01:03 GMT
#1000
This is total bullshit:

If there is a vig out there; you better have breadcrumbs.

proper vig play, is to say who you are killing in the last minute before deadline (in this case you had 1 hr)

Newbie games always 1-shot vig; so if present, you are now VT; its safe to speak up
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 592
ProTech136
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason32
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32173
Calm 3483
Shuttle 1142
actioN 216
firebathero 172
Barracks 121
Hyuk 107
Dewaltoss 91
Liquid`Ret 76
HiyA 25
[ Show more ]
Hyun 25
Free 24
soO 24
Aegong 22
Bale 22
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Shine 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9067
XaKoH 381
Fuzer 98
League of Legends
KnowMe81
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1492
fl0m1281
x6flipin696
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu233
Other Games
singsing2036
FrodaN1281
Beastyqt751
ceh9439
B2W.Neo419
mouzStarbuck293
byalli189
Livibee189
C9.Mang0151
RotterdaM108
Trikslyr89
Mew2King52
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• Dystopia_ 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur877
• imaqtpie738
• WagamamaTV355
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 11m
Replay Cast
4h 56m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.