• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:20
CEST 15:20
KST 22:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9183 users

Parallel World Mafia: iGrok's Strange Land - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 61 Next
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 12 2012 17:20 GMT
#101
What we learn from it though, is that we need to be concerned with a secondary target to swap, in case there are some abilities that stop people from being swapped.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 17:48 GMT
#102
@clarity ? I don't see not swapping a big deal. The way I see it we could all vote for you and no one would be swapped. It's just another option we have if we ever want to no swap. Is there something wrong with that?
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
December 12 2012 17:50 GMT
#103
My experience so far is that there is at least one idiot town who doesn't consolidate, or there is a scum that can appear as idiot town. If we could vote for a no-swap I'd be fine with that but I don't see the 10 of us all voting me.
The way iGrok answered I'm assuming if I have the most votes the person with the 2nd most votes will be swapped.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 17:57 GMT
#104
This thread sucks balls. I think Risen is scum.
##Vote Risen
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 12 2012 18:04 GMT
#105
On December 13 2012 02:57 sandroba wrote:
This thread sucks balls. I think Risen is scum.
##Vote Risen


So your still under the notion of swapping scum today, so they cannot be lynched tomorrow?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 18:07 GMT
#106
Have you not read my posts at all?
What do you think about risen's comments?
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 12 2012 18:13 GMT
#107
On December 13 2012 03:07 sandroba wrote:
Have you not read my posts at all?
What do you think about risen's comments?


Did you read my post saying why I disagree with you?

I think Risen's comments are pretty shit, throws out 2 scum reads within 3 (?) pages of the thread. His reasons for you and BH being scum didn't really make sense. Trying to stir up chaos? But it was so unwarrented that it was pretty much ignored.

His comments on swapping lurkers agrees with my thoughts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 18:20 GMT
#108
I did. I don't really care about who we swap and I don't this conversation to go on. What I want to do is to move us towards talking about who we think are scum. What do you think about risen's comment about me saying that I would lurk and not lurking being a mafia tell? And what do you think about him calling BH useless and being 10X more useless himself? Do you think his comment on swapping lurkers is alignment indicative?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 18:21 GMT
#109
Edit: *I don't want this converstaion...
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
December 12 2012 18:27 GMT
#110
People referred to in flavor text have no bearing on their roles in the game.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 12 2012 18:38 GMT
#111
On December 13 2012 03:20 sandroba wrote:
I did. I don't really care about who we swap and I don't this conversation to go on. What I want to do is to move us towards talking about who we think are scum. What do you think about risen's comment about me saying that I would lurk and not lurking being a mafia tell? And what do you think about him calling BH useless and being 10X more useless himself? Do you think his comment on swapping lurkers is alignment indicative?


I agree that going forwards this thread conversation should be mainly based on who is scum. I think its just as helpful to discuss who you think the lynch should eb in the other thread, because they can read our posts and be convinced by them. The only problem is we can't as effectively, use our posts to pressure people and get responses to determine their alignment. That being said we can get a good head start on tomorrows lynch in our on thread.

That being said, I don't want anyone sending their scum reads away to the other thread. I want them here, where we can lynch them.

More detailed into Risen. Him throwing out baseless scum tells on you and Blazinghand like I said could be him as scum causing chaos, as that seems to be Risen's style as scum, fucking shit up. You saying I'm going to lurk and than not lurking is not a mafia tell because, if your producing discussion in a productive way, your pushing town agenda. BH has been spamming quiet a bit, but at least it is getting the thread going, Risens snarky comments and leaving is pretty bad.

I don't think any comments on swapping are alignment indicative because they could easily come out of town or scum. You for example, I think your plan is scummy as hell, and all the risks in it are scum motivated. It could have easily come from a townie who didn't think the consequences through. As this game is a new concept and we still are in cycle 1. However, your presence in the thread to push discussion into find scum lynch mode, makes me think you are town. However, him voting himself and peacing in the way that he did, kinda makes me think he wants to be unlynchable tomorrow. Hard to tell though.

But I am not a mind reader, I cannot determine someone's alignment based on two posts. However, at this point in the game, if I had to kill someone in this thread it would be Risen. I would like it if you did not send him away as I think we need to pressure him to contribute the next cycle. I would like Risens comments on his updated view on you and BH, as well as his thoughts on foolishness and who the other thread should lynch today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 18:39 GMT
#112
On December 13 2012 03:13 Mementoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 03:07 sandroba wrote:
Have you not read my posts at all?
What do you think about risen's comments?


Did you read my post saying why I disagree with you?

I think Risen's comments are pretty shit, throws out 2 scum reads within 3 (?) pages of the thread. His reasons for you and BH being scum didn't really make sense. Trying to stir up chaos? But it was so unwarrented that it was pretty much ignored.

His comments on swapping lurkers agrees with my thoughts.


My comments are pretty shit except yamato comes into the thread and points out more useless nonsense from sandroba.

Meanwhile BH hasn't actually done anything. His opinions shift with the thread without real explanation and he's straight done an about face on his point of not being able to lynch the person we swap without addressing it.

[spoiler]
On December 12 2012 09:54 Blazinghand wrote:
Ugh no you're so wrong ok let me explain for you:

1) today we swap someone
2) tomorrow we lynch someone, and that person necessarily CANNOT BE THE GUY WE SWAPPED

So, if we swap a player we cannot lynch him, therefore we swap townies, not scum.


On December 12 2012 13:04 Blazinghand wrote:
All these weird swap plans that aren't like "lynch scum, swap town" are bad.

[image loading]



On December 12 2012 13:09 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 13:07 yamato77 wrote:
If you swap players who there is a consensus town read on, you skew the numbers away from the balanced starting position each thread starts in toward a scum favored one on lynch day.


Exactly! Yamato77 knows what's up. If we swap a townie, we're more likely to hit scum with our lynch statistically.


On December 12 2012 13:13 Blazinghand wrote:
Oh also I'd be comfortable sending Sandro over. His ideas are bad but scum wouldn't come out swinging with a plan like that. I think he genuinely believes it's a good plan, and it's not like it's a plan that would be construed as good but secretly give scum an advantage-- it's just sub-optimal. Treating our vote here like a lynch vote would also stimulate discussion, as he mentioned. This strikes me as town motivated, and a town motivated explanation.

I'd still prefer me but Sandro is acceptable as a swap candidate.


On December 12 2012 13:45 Blazinghand wrote:
Hm, actually that's a good point. If BOTH SIDES choose to swap scum, we maximize scum lynching and will never be lynching into a pool of confirmed townies. I've changed my mind, Sandro's plan is excellent if it works like this:

All sides swap scum, all sides lynch scum.

It avoids the "lynching confirmed town" scenario and will confirm townies the quickest. If we get a majority of people in both houses to sign on this will be great.


Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 18:39 GMT
#113
EBWOP: Damnit...

On December 13 2012 03:13 Mementoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 03:07 sandroba wrote:
Have you not read my posts at all?
What do you think about risen's comments?


Did you read my post saying why I disagree with you?

I think Risen's comments are pretty shit, throws out 2 scum reads within 3 (?) pages of the thread. His reasons for you and BH being scum didn't really make sense. Trying to stir up chaos? But it was so unwarrented that it was pretty much ignored.

His comments on swapping lurkers agrees with my thoughts.


My comments are pretty shit except yamato comes into the thread and points out more useless nonsense from sandroba.

Meanwhile BH hasn't actually done anything. His opinions shift with the thread without real explanation and he's straight done an about face on his point of not being able to lynch the person we swap without addressing it.

+ Show Spoiler +

On December 12 2012 09:54 Blazinghand wrote:
Ugh no you're so wrong ok let me explain for you:

1) today we swap someone
2) tomorrow we lynch someone, and that person necessarily CANNOT BE THE GUY WE SWAPPED

So, if we swap a player we cannot lynch him, therefore we swap townies, not scum.


On December 12 2012 13:04 Blazinghand wrote:
All these weird swap plans that aren't like "lynch scum, swap town" are bad.

[image loading]



On December 12 2012 13:09 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 13:07 yamato77 wrote:
If you swap players who there is a consensus town read on, you skew the numbers away from the balanced starting position each thread starts in toward a scum favored one on lynch day.


Exactly! Yamato77 knows what's up. If we swap a townie, we're more likely to hit scum with our lynch statistically.


On December 12 2012 13:13 Blazinghand wrote:
Oh also I'd be comfortable sending Sandro over. His ideas are bad but scum wouldn't come out swinging with a plan like that. I think he genuinely believes it's a good plan, and it's not like it's a plan that would be construed as good but secretly give scum an advantage-- it's just sub-optimal. Treating our vote here like a lynch vote would also stimulate discussion, as he mentioned. This strikes me as town motivated, and a town motivated explanation.

I'd still prefer me but Sandro is acceptable as a swap candidate.


On December 12 2012 13:45 Blazinghand wrote:
Hm, actually that's a good point. If BOTH SIDES choose to swap scum, we maximize scum lynching and will never be lynching into a pool of confirmed townies. I've changed my mind, Sandro's plan is excellent if it works like this:

All sides swap scum, all sides lynch scum.

It avoids the "lynching confirmed town" scenario and will confirm townies the quickest. If we get a majority of people in both houses to sign on this will be great.


Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 18:48 GMT
#114
So you are active lurking. Why didn't you feel like posting at all untill you got called out?
Also I can't derive any meaning to what you are saying. What does yamato have to do with your shitty comments? What did you expect BH to comment on as town in this situation? Why do you think it's scummy from BH to change his mind on a subject after a discussion?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 18:49 GMT
#115
Scratch Sand as my second scum read. It's now Mementoss.

"However, your presence in the thread to push discussion into find scum lynch mode, makes me think you are town."

1) Town doesn't give town reads, and no one asked for your opinion on sandro anyways.
2) Soft defends BH "BH has been spamming quiet a bit, but at least it is getting the thread going"
3) "It could have easily come from a townie who didn't think the consequences through" in reference to Sand's plan. So maybe it's Sand/Mementoss team, but I don't think so. The thing against Sand, and a town Mementoss would know this, is that he's smarter than that. He wouldn't come in and post that plan as town. This shouldn't be a point in Sand's favor, it should be a point against it.

Regardless, lynch Mementoss tomorrow, then deal with blazinghand or sand.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 18:53 GMT
#116
On December 13 2012 03:48 sandroba wrote:
So you are active lurking. Why didn't you feel like posting at all untill you got called out?
Also I can't derive any meaning to what you are saying. What does yamato have to do with your shitty comments? What did you expect BH to comment on as town in this situation? Why do you think it's scummy from BH to change his mind on a subject after a discussion?


If you look at my posting in Chrono Trigger you'll know I wasn't active lurking and just got to the thread. You know TheChronicler is my smurf, why didn't you think to look there? I haven't posted there either. Also note that Mementoss posted a minute before me, that's not active lurking. Why are you trying to muddy up the situation like this? A town sandroba wouldn't ask for others opinions on me, he'd just say "Risen is scum because X" and a town Sandroba wouldn't forward a horrible plan, and finally a town Sandroba wouldn't accuse me of active lurking without checking to see if I had posted in Chrono or anywhere else on the site.

I thought it had to be BH as MT's partner, but I guess I was wrong. Mementoss/Sandroba scum team in this thread.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 18:53 GMT
#117
On December 13 2012 03:48 sandroba wrote:
So you are active lurking. Why didn't you feel like posting at all untill you got called out?
Also I can't derive any meaning to what you are saying. What does yamato have to do with your shitty comments? What did you expect BH to comment on as town in this situation? Why do you think it's scummy from BH to change his mind on a subject after a discussion?


I think it's scummy to change his mind without either

1) Defending his own point of view
or
2) Giving an explanation for why he changed his mind on something that seems pretty important to me (not being able to lynch the swapped person)
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 18:55 GMT
#118
There's also another way Sand could have checked to see if I was actually here or not, but I guess I can't comment on that quite yet. The more and more I think about it, the more convinced I am that he's scum.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
December 12 2012 18:59 GMT
#119
1st. I had no clue you were TheChronicler, I stopped reading that game and if you mentioned it before I died I never read it.
2nd. My plans are always controversial. I do that as town and scum. It's my way of getting discussion going as town and my way to keep consistent as scum. You may think it's horrible, but that's because you are an idiot.
3rd. I don't have access to your pm. If you think I can know for sure you are scum after you posting 2 lines than you must think I'm a god. I'm trying to get discussion going to figure out your alignment and the alignment of others in this thread.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 12 2012 19:00 GMT
#120
And now he's extremely defensive and using mean words. That's not town Sandroba.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 64
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1087
Counter-Strike
fl0m3136
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns31693
singsing2435
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi570
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord120
Khaldor26
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV526
League of Legends
• Jankos3080
• Nemesis2897
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1362
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 40m
OSC
9h 40m
Replay Cast
9h 40m
OSC
22h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.