• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9607 users

GSL Mini Mafia III - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 61 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 25 2012 14:44 GMT
#1141
poor Z-Bo t.t
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
October 25 2012 14:52 GMT
#1142
Haha I really have to reread what I post.
Most of the time as town I just write stuff and click on post. Even though I try to be concise and stuff, it doesn't always happen, and there are bound to be some contradictions and inconsistencies.

When I defended myself against Keir by saying "@that hapa thing", and making reference to the wrong situation, I actually DID notice after I posted that this was not the passage Kei was referring to. I began to make a post explaining that actually, but I figured "ah fuck that, no one is gonna notice". Then Hapa came along and @#%#!.

All my non-newbie games I was town. In every single one of those people really wanted to lynch me. Now I see that a townie's job is to both scumhunt AND look as townie as possible, so as to not draw unnecessary attention. Gonna focus on that for the next few days. It's much easier to look for scum when you don't have to keep defending yourself at every turn.

@austin, yay you finally had me figured out, hooray! Just keep saying I'm town all the time now, and you should be fine =p
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 25 2012 15:04 GMT
#1143
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, debears all over me in obs QT.
Fe fi fo fum.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
October 25 2012 16:21 GMT
#1144
yea wtf lol, you were like the towniest townie there ever was, with the exception of me ofc
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
October 25 2012 16:23 GMT
#1145
Also, @v7
I voted you late at night. I was sleepy, saw that hapa had voted, and wanted to just end the day then and there, got pretty impatient
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 25 2012 16:37 GMT
#1146
On October 25 2012 23:52 Z-BosoN wrote:
Haha I really have to reread what I post.
Most of the time as town I just write stuff and click on post. Even though I try to be concise and stuff, it doesn't always happen, and there are bound to be some contradictions and inconsistencies.

When I defended myself against Keir by saying "@that hapa thing", and making reference to the wrong situation, I actually DID notice after I posted that this was not the passage Kei was referring to. I began to make a post explaining that actually, but I figured "ah fuck that, no one is gonna notice". Then Hapa came along and @#%#!.

All my non-newbie games I was town. In every single one of those people really wanted to lynch me. Now I see that a townie's job is to both scumhunt AND look as townie as possible, so as to not draw unnecessary attention. Gonna focus on that for the next few days. It's much easier to look for scum when you don't have to keep defending yourself at every turn.

@austin, yay you finally had me figured out, hooray! Just keep saying I'm town all the time now, and you should be fine =p

I was pretty damn convinced you were scum after your reasoning for that hammer, after you were already my top suspect.

And yea, looking townie is super important. I didn't do a particularly great job of it this game (extenuating circumstances sadface). I think a major key to that is not saying or doing WTF/unexplainable things.

I want you to seriously go back and look at your reasoning for hammering v7 as objectively as possible. If that was someone else making that reasoning, would it make any sense? You cherry-picked certain excuses to believe while discarding others, etc etc. All of your reasoning felt EXTREMELY forced, and looked like you were just looking for SOME reason to justify your magical scum read and then the hammer.

I think as long as you work on not doing WTF things, you can be quite good. Minor inconsistencies during running dialogue are often commented on, but as long as you explain yourself, they're often overlooked in the grand scheme of things
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
October 25 2012 16:59 GMT
#1147
On October 25 2012 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
I knew I was playing "scummily" (as per meta, rather than gameplay) but I could seemingly do little about it despite being aware of it. My enthusiasm I guess was just too low. Given the really high-involvement town style I have, it's a monumental effort every time I play scum to try to replicate it, and obviously I didn't have it in me this game... I mean, I actually had quite a lot of filter this game and no-one was really lynching me for doing scummy things, just... the meta too strong.

With a different playerbase I might have gotten away with it, but against Hapa/Keirathi/austin... not a chance


aha! Now you know what it feels like :-)

ps wtf is up with you getting scum so much? I get the sense that hosts don't actually do things randomly around here.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 17:09:16
October 25 2012 17:02 GMT
#1148
On October 26 2012 01:59 talismania wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
I knew I was playing "scummily" (as per meta, rather than gameplay) but I could seemingly do little about it despite being aware of it. My enthusiasm I guess was just too low. Given the really high-involvement town style I have, it's a monumental effort every time I play scum to try to replicate it, and obviously I didn't have it in me this game... I mean, I actually had quite a lot of filter this game and no-one was really lynching me for doing scummy things, just... the meta too strong.

With a different playerbase I might have gotten away with it, but against Hapa/Keirathi/austin... not a chance


aha! Now you know what it feels like :-)

ps wtf is up with you getting scum so much? I get the sense that hosts don't actually do things randomly around here.


I know what it feels like, the difference is I actually (mostly) put in the effort, dear

I know BH rolled randomly here (he said so, and he's a straight up dude) but in a couple of other games I know / have strong feelings that I was made scum (Death Note, Liquid City)

P.S. at various points of the game I did think of you, and I was waiting for you to come in here and comment, haha xD
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
October 25 2012 18:30 GMT
#1149
I roll randomly for my setup and all my scum and blue rolls unless I explicitly say otherwise.

If I had the option, I probably wouldn't have gone with a marv/iamperfection scumteam because it seemed like it would be too strong, and the role setup was slightly scum-favored-- scum won GSL I and GSL II. I think probably keirathi Z-Boson or something similar in terms of scum skill is what I would have gone for. When I rolled marv/iamperfection, I *was* tempted to change things around so town had a chance, but I didn't.

Overall I think the V7 lynch wasn't great, but D1 was very town-favored. I'm wondering if the long days put too much pressure on scum, especially in small setups like this-- more time to discuss is more time for slipping to happen.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 25 2012 18:39 GMT
#1150
iamperfection was a good counter-balance to marv, IMO.

I love iamperfection's style of posting as town, but as scum it is very, very distinctly different. I called him out for it day 1 in GSl 2. He kept up the illusion in this game for a while, under marv's tuttelage, but he couldn't keep it up forever.

Marv getting caught eventually was just kind of inevitable though, without many filler town games between so many scum games. I truly believe that he just didn't have the heart for playing scum again this game, sadly. But scum marv on top of his game is still as scary as it gets on TL right now, IMO.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 25 2012 18:52 GMT
#1151
Also, I do like the idea that someone had about having day 1 being a 48 hour simple majority system, and then letting the subsequent days go into the no deadline/instant majority system. It would force people into taking a stance that they could be held accountable for day 1, but then give people the freedom to prolong/shorten days afterwards.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 25 2012 18:54 GMT
#1152
Yeah I like the idea of a defined deadline on D1 as I think it is easily possible to push a no lynch on forever as town in this set up and wait for the mafia to slip up. Infinite day one seems too likely to go on for a really long time, I think later days are more likely to end as people will have real information and want real results.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 25 2012 18:59 GMT
#1153
On October 26 2012 03:54 Promethelax wrote:
Yeah I like the idea of a defined deadline on D1 as I think it is easily possible to push a no lynch on forever as town in this set up and wait for the mafia to slip up. Infinite day one seems too likely to go on for a really long time, I think later days are more likely to end as people will have real information and want real results.

I was suprised you weren't calling me scum in obs QT
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 25 2012 19:06 GMT
#1154
On October 26 2012 03:59 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2012 03:54 Promethelax wrote:
Yeah I like the idea of a defined deadline on D1 as I think it is easily possible to push a no lynch on forever as town in this set up and wait for the mafia to slip up. Infinite day one seems too likely to go on for a really long time, I think later days are more likely to end as people will have real information and want real results.

I was suprised you weren't calling me scum in obs QT


You weren't all that scummy. You needed to be called out for lurking but it felt similar to LC in that way, I'm getting better at reading you. When you were in thread you were working to further town goals as much as you could. You weren't the towniest guy around but you were pretty clearly town.

I really wanted Hapa/Marv to be the scum team and my crazy connection theory to be right =(
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 19:17:13
October 25 2012 19:14 GMT
#1155
Haha, that would have been one hell of a play. The thought did cross my mind, as well, but I dismissed it. It just wouldn't have made a lot of sense at that point in the game.

E: and you called me scum in LC in the Obs thread for not jumping on some post by Z-Bo. I never did find the post you were talking about, but it wasn't really a pattern of him saying "hey, I'm town!" over an over again like you did :p
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
October 25 2012 19:22 GMT
#1156
On October 26 2012 04:14 Keirathi wrote:
Haha, that would have been one hell of a play. The thought did cross my mind, as well, but I dismissed it. It just wouldn't have made a lot of sense at that point in the game.

E: and you called me scum in LC in the Obs thread for not jumping on some post by Z-Bo. I never did find the post you were talking about, but it wasn't really a pattern of him saying "hey, I'm town!" over an over again like you did :p


I'm learning about you. Haha. Yeah, what I have found is that even in my town games I'm really focused on proving how townie I am and that if I had any real games before our Newbie I would have been able to push that read off with meta; sucks for me but man I love looking back at that game and seeing my play as so much worse than I thought it was at the time.

I think my strength in Mafia is proving my towniness and that was the thing I got into most when I read Incog's guide before playing. Unfortunately I focus on that over being confidant in my scum hunting, working on that part though. I was fitting my town meta before I had one.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
October 25 2012 19:26 GMT
#1157
Reading the obs QT:

@ Promethelax
yeah he does. Hapa is really good but also really abrasive (in my opinion) and ever since reading his first newbie game I have gotten a scum feeling from him in every game ever just because he rubs me the wrong way.


<3

Yeahhhh... I enjoy arguing with people a lot and can get pretty confrontational. In general, I really gun for people who I find hard to read (like Z-Bo... sorry D=). I'd change up my playstyle, but overall I'm pretty comfortable with it, and getting really emotional reactions from players gives me so much more information to work with.

Also, as cool as the hapa/marv team would have been, it didn't make much sense for me to gun for him as hypothetical scum. Even if I wasn't boxer, it would have been really strange for me to lynch one of the best town players in the game when I knew he was town and knew he had a strong propensity to OMGUS his attackers. As scum, the much easier play there is to just NK him - much more feasible.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
October 25 2012 19:27 GMT
#1158
Also, debears is an Obs QT hero - curious what he thought about the game since he followed it as much as the rest of us =O
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 25 2012 19:28 GMT
#1159
It's okay, I'm still bad at it all

I just get lucky occasionally.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 19:34:04
October 25 2012 19:31 GMT
#1160
On October 26 2012 04:26 Hapahauli wrote:
Reading the obs QT:

@ Promethelax
Show nested quote +
yeah he does. Hapa is really good but also really abrasive (in my opinion) and ever since reading his first newbie game I have gotten a scum feeling from him in every game ever just because he rubs me the wrong way.


<3

Yeahhhh... I enjoy arguing with people a lot and can get pretty confrontational. In general, I really gun for people who I find hard to read (like Z-Bo... sorry D=). I'd change up my playstyle, but overall I'm pretty comfortable with it, and getting really emotional reactions from players gives me so much more information to work with.

Also, as cool as the hapa/marv team would have been, it didn't make much sense for me to gun for him as hypothetical scum. Even if I wasn't boxer, it would have been really strange for me to lynch one of the best town players in the game when I knew he was town and knew he had a strong propensity to OMGUS his attackers. As scum, the much easier play there is to just NK him - much more feasible.


I think I'd do better playing with you now. I was hoping to get the chance in LC (TT). I wasn't playing smart in our one newbie together and let my annoyance with your playstyle get to me too much. Partially I didn't understand it well and thought your results were through luck which annoyed me even more than your regular attacks on everyone.

I know it wouldn't have made much sense. That was why I wanted it to be true, I like all or nothing brilliant plays by scum. I actually thought that the possibility of scum/scum was more likely than TownMarv/ScumHapa but once again it is the brilliance of that play. Look at those reasons, who could doubt you when you said that as scum you wouldn't foolishly push the strongest town player TL has (these days...).

Edit: Keir, I think that you are undervaluing your strengths. You are good at working within a town to further town goals and, by doing so, prove yourself as town. I think your weakness right now is your time, you don't have enough of it to put yourself to the use which you could if you had enough time. Also you push you reads really well and get the right reactions.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 45m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.