• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8407 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 78 Next
drazak
Profile Joined November 2011
United States479 Posts
September 18 2012 04:49 GMT
#101
I'm already accused of being trashy town? Really Kush? Man, you're prejudiced right off the bat. I know you can post while you're at work and stuff, but I can't post in class and I can't post when I'm tutoring people. If you'd like I can sleep-post and it'll be really bad. Sorry if my posts last game weren't up to your posting standard kush.

For the record, I might not post consistently at different times, and maybe I'll push agressively against someone, my reasons will usually be good. I'd ask that people use their own logic after reading my posts, look at the evidence provided and use your logic. Last game we had a lot of people not thinking for themselves, I'll be going to bed soon so don't expect another post from me. I'll probably post in the morning, and I think I'll post before tutoring, but I don't think I'll be posting until maybe this time tomorrow again after that.
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 05:19 GMT
#102
Hi, I'm rethos and this is my first game. I have obsed a few other games before and I read some analysis.

I am unfortunately not awake during lynch (since it's at 2 am for me) but I can be available until 2 hours before the deadline since I usually stay until 12. I also can post and read while at work.

I am for the lurker lynching policy unless we have a better target. That means we, ofcourse, should be focusing on getting targets.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 18 2012 05:45 GMT
#103
On September 18 2012 13:49 drazak wrote:
I'm already accused of being trashy town? Really Kush? Man, you're prejudiced right off the bat. I know you can post while you're at work and stuff, but I can't post in class and I can't post when I'm tutoring people. If you'd like I can sleep-post and it'll be really bad. Sorry if my posts last game weren't up to your posting standard kush.

For the record, I might not post consistently at different times, and maybe I'll push agressively against someone, my reasons will usually be good. I'd ask that people use their own logic after reading my posts, look at the evidence provided and use your logic. Last game we had a lot of people not thinking for themselves, I'll be going to bed soon so don't expect another post from me. I'll probably post in the morning, and I think I'll post before tutoring, but I don't think I'll be posting until maybe this time tomorrow again after that.


My thoughts while reading this: "man this guy is going out of his way to defend himself when there's no need to"

And that's a scum trait....so drazak, I'm watching you buddy. I don't see why you'd ask everyone to be fair and "use their own logic" and "look at evidence" when reading your future posts... obviously those things are what everyone is trying to do. It looks a little suspicious that you're already defending criticisms of your posts that haven't even happened yet.

If it's all because kush pissed you off then too bad you should ignore that, he does it from time to time.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 06:11 GMT
#104
On September 18 2012 10:48 kushm4sta wrote:
I am so fucking sick of lurkers from last game.
#1 They make the game shittier regardless of if they are scum.
#2 They are 100% null reads all game long. You ask them a question and of course they aren't going to responsd because they post like 1 thing a day and dont even read the thread.
#3 It gives scum safe people to accuse.
Most of the time they aren't mafia but in the 2 games I played both of them had semi-lurker mafia.

Lurker Policy: LYNCH ALL LURKERS, semilurkers at the top of the lynch list if we don't have a very strong scumread to bandwagon.


Lurkers last game were super annoying and kind of ruined the game, although it can easily be argued they helped my scum team.

Best straetgy is to go hard on lurkers because that forces people to post. Also, if you're a total newbie town and don't know what to do, staying active is your best way to help town (but don't post random nonsense). That's how the rest of us can clear you as town. If you're a total newbie and mostly lurk, it's a sign of you being an uncomfortable scum and I will personally make sure to lynch your ass.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 06:12 GMT
#105
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Is this question serious?
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 06:19 GMT
#106
On September 18 2012 11:18 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Terrible idea? Since we prob have liek 3 different time zones.
Biggest lurker gets lynched is a better plan but still not that great.
A lot of noobs are pretty lost about what to do day 1.

Here are my suggestions for discussion topics:
1 discuss lurker policy. I know you are bored with it or whatever, thrawn, but for peopel to say how they feel about lurkers and if they want to lynch them or let them lurk (both are viable strategies imo) gives us a baseline for FOSing people that go back on their lurker policy.
Like what if a scum says lynch all lurkers, then one of the scumbuddies turns out to be the biggest lurker. That puts him in a bad position that he could avoid without lurker policy discussion.

2 I think we should discuss a plan for how to spend time.
Here is my proposed plan: Freely making cases against anyone you think is scum in the first 24 hours of the day, then focusing on a couple of the biggest bandwagons in the second 24 hours.
Do you like this plan or do you have a better one? I would a more systematic scumhunt this game though.

3 Give an introduction of yourself. How experienced are you? Are you a total noob or have you obsed some games?
Very important IMO is will you be around for lynch time? That's 9 pm normal time btw if you are new. How active do you plan on being. Honestly I think once a day is okay IF your posts are good.

An intro for myself is coming.


1. We put pressure on lurkers and if nothing better comes up, we lynch the most suspicious one. We don't need a more detailed policy than that and further discussion will just derail the thread.

2. I will push the most scummy cases I can find, I suggest others to do the same. When it's clear we got a few other wagons rolling and it's clear a new one would just derail the discussion, you can wait with your case to later.

3. I will make a survey for this.
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 18 2012 06:20 GMT
#107
/o all. I am not awake during the lynch - I am EU time zone like rethos. I can be pretty active until saturday - but then I am flying to grad school so assuming I am still alive and the game is still going then - my posting might drop off abit for a few days while I get things sorted out there (will still post & meet deadlines I just might post less during the day for a bit).

I am in favour of lynching a player who is playing scummy on d1 - lurking is playing like scum. Last game we lynched cubu and it didn't turn out great - Cubu please participate more in this thread and make sure you are not looking lurky! - I know others have mentioned it already, but I think all of us who played last game would agree.

Other than that - Kush please stop going on about how you don't want to die, petulance doesn't help town.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 06:22 GMT
#108
Maffia XXVII survey (not filling it in will make you look scummy):

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
2. How active do you plan on being?
3. How many games have you obsed?
4. Is this your first game playing?
5. If not, how many games have you played?
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 18 2012 06:34 GMT
#109
Hey, how's everyone doing today?

I think we've pretty much reached the limit of discussion on lurker strategy. Pressure them when possible, but scum hunt as best as we can, and only lynch the scummiest lurker when there are no better options. Yes, a lurker does hurt the town, but lynching based just off the fact that they're lurking (especially in a newbie game) strikes me that we're more likely to kill a townie scared of being accused. That's just a numbers game, and somewhat based on the fact that new players are probably not going to play their role to the best of their ability.

@Drazak
I somewhat agree with Thrawn's read on this situation. While that definitely is a scummy trait, I'm willing to chalk that up to a busy schedule, a lack of sleep, and the fact that before he's even posted he was getting trashed about a previous game. I might be a little upset by that too. That being said, it only really covers the first paragraph, the second one is well, just strange. I personally don't think there's too much to be gleamed from a one off post like that until there's more to compare it to.

@Kush
I'm honestly tempted to vote you just because of what you said about flaming and OMGUS'ing. I'd hate being called scum too, but that's just not the way to deal with it. It just doesn't help the town (though really it shouldn't help the mafia unless the town is gullible). And no, there is a problem in a lynch all lurkers strategy, it's like giving the mafia two kills per night unless we're lucky enough to be able to catch a mafia lurking. Yes, we get information from the scumhunting during the day, but I don't think that makes up for it. Killing lurkers should be the last resort of the day, not the go to strategy.

All that being said, no one is particularly scummy yet. I'm waiting for 1 or 2 more people to post before I starting slinging my vote around carelessly.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 18 2012 06:37 GMT
#110
On September 18 2012 15:22 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Maffia XXVII survey (not filling it in will make you look scummy):

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
2. How active do you plan on being?
3. How many games have you obsed?
4. Is this your first game playing?
5. If not, how many games have you played?
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?


Ok sonic this is even scummier than your "hey everyone should be making lists" tactics in XXVI. Some of those questions (1 and 2) you cant reasonably expect people to give solid/infallible predictions about, or at least not predictions accurate enough for you to lynch them later based on a discrepency between the prediction and their actual activity level, and the other questions you don't need people to answer them in order to get the information you want. 6 is just silly.

I don't see the point at all of that survey other than to appear useful which imo it isn't.. and that's the same thing you were doing with the lists in xxvi.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 18 2012 06:38 GMT
#111
On September 18 2012 15:22 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Maffia XXVII survey (not filling it in will make you look scummy):

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
2. How active do you plan on being?
3. How many games have you obsed?
4. Is this your first game playing?
5. If not, how many games have you played?
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?


1. I plan to be, but shit happens so I can't guarantee. More than likely at any rate.

2. As much as I feel the need to. I certainly won't be inactive, but neither will I be filling the thread with junk posts.

3. None.

4. On Team Liquid.

5. This space intentionally left blank

6. Funny man, I like you already.
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 06:39 GMT
#112
On September 18 2012 15:22 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Maffia XXVII survey (not filling it in will make you look scummy):

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
2. How active do you plan on being?
3. How many games have you obsed?
4. Is this your first game playing?
5. If not, how many games have you played?
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?

1. No
2. Umm... that much. (On a serious note 7-8 on a 1 to 10 scale)
3. 5-6 I think
4. Yes
5. 0
6. Not scum (seriously who do you think will fall for this)
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 06:40 GMT
#113
On September 18 2012 12:36 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:

We have to start somewhere, so I'll post a theory.

On September 18 2012 11:18 kushm4sta wrote:
I am so fucking sick of lurkers from last game.
#1 They make the game shittier regardless of if they are scum.
#2 They are 100% null reads all game long. You ask them a question and of course they aren't going to responsd because they post like 1 thing a day and dont even read the thread.
#3 It gives scum safe people to accuse.
Most of the time they aren't mafia but in the 2 games I played both of them had semi-lurker mafia.

Lurker Policy: LYNCH ALL LURKERS, semilurkers at the top of the lynch list if we don't have a very strong scumread to bandwagon.


Kushm4sta, you say that it gives scum safe people to accuse, and I agree with that point, but your comment in your policy looks like it would fit that point. It would be pretty safe for a mafia if they were able to convince people to lynch lurkers.

So you agree with his point about lurkers. There isn't much room for argument when it comes down to the reasoning behind lurker policy, there is no sane player that will say "lurkers are pro-town." So him having that anti-lurker opinion is not anything that would be a strong tell in either the town or mafia direction. He would have it as town, and he would "pretend" to have it as mafia. I don't see his post as anything indicative of him as scum trying to blend in by saying normal things.

Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:Also Thrawn pointed out your contradiction.

He did give a reasonable response to my post... but kush I'd like to ask you, how would you feel about specifically me only posting once per cycle?


A good policy, however, is to not answer questions intended for someone else. Whether accusations are valid or not they may induce interesting reactions, so please stop defending other players.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 06:46 GMT
#114
On September 18 2012 15:37 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 15:22 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Maffia XXVII survey (not filling it in will make you look scummy):

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
2. How active do you plan on being?
3. How many games have you obsed?
4. Is this your first game playing?
5. If not, how many games have you played?
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?


Ok sonic this is even scummier than your "hey everyone should be making lists" tactics in XXVI. Some of those questions (1 and 2) you cant reasonably expect people to give solid/infallible predictions about, or at least not predictions accurate enough for you to lynch them later based on a discrepency between the prediction and their actual activity level, and the other questions you don't need people to answer them in order to get the information you want. 6 is just silly.

I don't see the point at all of that survey other than to appear useful which imo it isn't.. and that's the same thing you were doing with the lists in xxvi.


It was a joke (and most questions are based on kush's post). I'm glad it gets some reactions though because we need this thread to move past the "omg what abuot dem lurkes" posts. And it seems like you didn't follow XXVI very closely (I can expand on that if you find it relevant to this thread).

Back to my question to you:

On September 18 2012 15:12 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Is this question serious?

JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 18 2012 06:46 GMT
#115
On September 18 2012 10:48 kushm4sta wrote:
I am so fucking sick of lurkers from last game.
#1 They make the game shittier regardless of if they are scum.
#2 They are 100% null reads all game long. You ask them a question and of course they aren't going to responsd because they post like 1 thing a day and dont even read the thread.
#3 It gives scum safe people to accuse.
Most of the time they aren't mafia but in the 2 games I played both of them had semi-lurker mafia.

Lurker Policy: LYNCH ALL LURKERS, semilurkers at the top of the lynch list if we don't have a very strong scumread to bandwagon.


Hey hold up! I have three more days till the midsemester break so just letting you know now I will be (should be{so many assigments}) fairly inactive till then. (first day and night)

On September 18 2012 11:11 RemedySC wrote:
Lurkers are a minor annoyance sure, but I think just lynching based on lurker status could end up hurting us more so as the game progresses.

Lets focus on getting a mafia lynch for the first day.


I prefer this approach if we can do it however if we have no solid reads at all then I guess lurker lynching is the way to go.(obviously)

Also so many surveys? This always confuses me as to what the point is (much like list making) However I guess I can complete a few...

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
It's a little early waking up before 10 is not my strong point but I can set an alarm if it is a crucial lynch mylo lilo
2. How active do you plan on being?
Much more active after the first night (game time) But I will have a birthday and will be going out a fair bit. But halfway through day 2 I should become normaly active.
3. How many games have you obsed?
One
4. Is this your first game playing?
no
5. If not, how many games have you played?
1
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?
no? lol

On September 18 2012 15:40 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:


A good policy, however, is to not answer questions intended for someone else. Whether accusations are valid or not they may induce interesting reactions, so please stop defending other players.


Yeah I did this a lot of last game... Turned out to be a bad thing as people often set traps for people to answer, However Sonic happened to be "setting traps" as scum last game so you can't look too far into that.

thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 18 2012 07:07 GMT
#116
On September 18 2012 15:40 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 12:36 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:

We have to start somewhere, so I'll post a theory.

On September 18 2012 11:18 kushm4sta wrote:
I am so fucking sick of lurkers from last game.
#1 They make the game shittier regardless of if they are scum.
#2 They are 100% null reads all game long. You ask them a question and of course they aren't going to responsd because they post like 1 thing a day and dont even read the thread.
#3 It gives scum safe people to accuse.
Most of the time they aren't mafia but in the 2 games I played both of them had semi-lurker mafia.

Lurker Policy: LYNCH ALL LURKERS, semilurkers at the top of the lynch list if we don't have a very strong scumread to bandwagon.


Kushm4sta, you say that it gives scum safe people to accuse, and I agree with that point, but your comment in your policy looks like it would fit that point. It would be pretty safe for a mafia if they were able to convince people to lynch lurkers.

So you agree with his point about lurkers. There isn't much room for argument when it comes down to the reasoning behind lurker policy, there is no sane player that will say "lurkers are pro-town." So him having that anti-lurker opinion is not anything that would be a strong tell in either the town or mafia direction. He would have it as town, and he would "pretend" to have it as mafia. I don't see his post as anything indicative of him as scum trying to blend in by saying normal things.

On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:Also Thrawn pointed out your contradiction.

He did give a reasonable response to my post... but kush I'd like to ask you, how would you feel about specifically me only posting once per cycle?


A good policy, however, is to not answer questions intended for someone else. Whether accusations are valid or not they may induce interesting reactions, so please stop defending other players.


stop telling me what to do

[image loading]

I didn't answer a question that wasn't directed at me. I was participating in the current discussion.

And no I don't want you to explain what happened during xxvi because unlike you claimed, I was paying attention that game because I played in it lol. You were onbaord with the list idea, in fact I think you were the one who suggested it in the first place. Then I immediately pointed out was a bad idea and something that scum could use to blend in without having to commit to reads, and hey, surprise, you ended up flipping scum. Now you are here in a new game, once again suggesting some useless idea that will do nothing but spam up the thread with stuff that's almost impossible to base reads off of.

On September 18 2012 15:46 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Back to my question to you:

Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 15:12 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Is this question serious?



Yep.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 07:24 GMT
#117
@Sonic Death Monkey do you have past games in which you have been town? Could you link me? 2 or 3 would be great.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 07:25 GMT
#118
On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 15:40 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 12:36 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:

We have to start somewhere, so I'll post a theory.

On September 18 2012 11:18 kushm4sta wrote:
I am so fucking sick of lurkers from last game.
#1 They make the game shittier regardless of if they are scum.
#2 They are 100% null reads all game long. You ask them a question and of course they aren't going to responsd because they post like 1 thing a day and dont even read the thread.
#3 It gives scum safe people to accuse.
Most of the time they aren't mafia but in the 2 games I played both of them had semi-lurker mafia.

Lurker Policy: LYNCH ALL LURKERS, semilurkers at the top of the lynch list if we don't have a very strong scumread to bandwagon.


Kushm4sta, you say that it gives scum safe people to accuse, and I agree with that point, but your comment in your policy looks like it would fit that point. It would be pretty safe for a mafia if they were able to convince people to lynch lurkers.

So you agree with his point about lurkers. There isn't much room for argument when it comes down to the reasoning behind lurker policy, there is no sane player that will say "lurkers are pro-town." So him having that anti-lurker opinion is not anything that would be a strong tell in either the town or mafia direction. He would have it as town, and he would "pretend" to have it as mafia. I don't see his post as anything indicative of him as scum trying to blend in by saying normal things.

On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:Also Thrawn pointed out your contradiction.

He did give a reasonable response to my post... but kush I'd like to ask you, how would you feel about specifically me only posting once per cycle?


A good policy, however, is to not answer questions intended for someone else. Whether accusations are valid or not they may induce interesting reactions, so please stop defending other players.


stop telling me what to do

[image loading]

I didn't answer a question that wasn't directed at me. I was participating in the current discussion.

And no I don't want you to explain what happened during xxvi because unlike you claimed, I was paying attention that game because I played in it lol. You were onbaord with the list idea, in fact I think you were the one who suggested it in the first place. Then I immediately pointed out was a bad idea and something that scum could use to blend in without having to commit to reads, and hey, surprise, you ended up flipping scum. Now you are here in a new game, once again suggesting some useless idea that will do nothing but spam up the thread with stuff that's almost impossible to base reads off of.

Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 15:46 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Back to my question to you:

On September 18 2012 15:12 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Is this question serious?



Yep.


Please explain why do you think that is a good idea.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
September 18 2012 07:28 GMT
#119
I can't believe this hasn't already been brought up.

On September 18 2012 11:31 kushm4sta wrote:
Sup guys I am kushmasta IRL name jake. I live in maine and go to college for chemical engineering. (think all that random shit you learned in chemistry applied to real world situations).

No fluff zone:

posting habits
I probably will post a lot because I have no life. I work but my work is basically a study hall so I will be posting on my phone at work. That is why sometimes my spelling and formatting will be ass.

experience

I have 2 games played and I have won both games and never killed. So far I am unkilled and undefeated and I want to continue my streak so I will be tryharding this game, but not tryharding enough so I'm the best town and mafia kills me. Call it selfish but I dont want to die...
@thrawn I know you have 3 games undefeated but you got killed by scum therefore you aren't as cool as me.

I am looking to step up my play this game. Last game was quite humbling for me. I made a lot of bad calls, and d1 caused a mislynch >< IM SORRY CUBU
So I'm going to try to be more careful and have better analysis this game.

Lynch time

I will be around on my phone at least.
I think deciding on a lynch at the last minute is a really powerful tool for town beacuse it makes scum panic and do stupid things. However that's really not possible with this mess of time zones we got going on here.


Explain. You don't want to die because you're 2-0 without dying. Because of this you openly admit that you aren't going to try your hardest to be the best town you can because you want to live. Couple this with saying you're going to be more careful and have better analysis this game and its starting to sound like even this early in the game you've got some implicit guilt going on because you know your filter isn't going to match your meta because you know something we don't.

Also isn't providing better analysis directly contradictory to your statement about wanting to live so you aren't going to try your best?

You aren't going to remain deathless in mafia forever but you could do your part to make sure that if you die the town gets something out of it instead of
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
September 18 2012 07:31 GMT
#120
EBWOP: Instead of coming up with useless excuses for bad play before you've even really started playing.

FoS kushm4sta
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1525
RotterdaM969
TaKeTV 420
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC185
ZombieGrub101
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1525
RotterdaM 969
IndyStarCraft 198
SteadfastSC 185
MaxPax 182
RuFF_SC2 154
ZombieGrub101
UpATreeSC 67
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2690
Shuttle 522
Dewaltoss 122
910 69
Mind 61
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
fl0m4027
pashabiceps1219
Fnx 687
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu619
Other Games
Grubby4997
summit1g1498
Beastyqt801
shahzam439
mouzStarbuck382
ToD219
C9.Mang0147
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 14
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade318
Other Games
• imaqtpie730
• Shiphtur330
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.