• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:00
CEST 05:00
KST 12:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7745 users

Normal Mini Mafia II - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 58 Next
drwiggl3s
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada167 Posts
July 06 2012 21:28 GMT
#221
I really don't see why so many votes are being thrown onto prplhz with such certainty. Can someone explain better why you think he's scum? I've gone through his filter a few times and it just seems like he's poking at people but hasn't done anything especially scummy.

Also he's been drawing quite a bit of focused attention to himself. For example with his vote on slOosh, and later his accusation that marv is scum. Do you think this behavior would be smart from a mafia perspective?
hi
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
July 06 2012 21:28 GMT
#222
On July 07 2012 02:33 Dangeresque77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 02:15 marvellosity wrote:
On July 07 2012 02:07 MsZontar wrote:
K here's what i think, Marv is scum, first if you look at all his posts there is a distinct difference in tone between the pregame and game posts. Pregame he was joking, then once the game begins his posts becum harsher... If he was acctually looking for scum i think it would be more inqusitive... he seems very quick to accuse!


I mean... I guess I have to respond :/

Pre-game and ingame ARE NOT THE SAME THING. Cooey.

More inquisitive? Why don't you look at my filter and see how many questions I've asked?


I just read your filter

Yes 90% of what you say is a question
This is not a good thing
Mafia ask this many questions. You know why?
Because by asking a question you are skirting around what you think about it And allowing others to answer it for you
You get out of ever having to voice your opinion
If someone ever held you to your posts you would be able to say
"I was just asking a question that's not my point of view"

Questions are always nice but you just seem suspicious to me.

What would really be nice if instead of asking "don't you think x is scummy"
You would just say"x is scummy for these reasons"


> says a lot without actually saying the truth.

He actually made a case yo. And before your post in fact. He isn't just asking questions. He has his own opinions.

Why are you defending prplhz yet you are so wishy washy? "Little suspicious of Sinensis", "not totally convinced prplhz is scum" are both extremely null statements that do exactly what you said: if someone tries to hold you accountable, you were never 100% sure.

So, prplhz, Dangeresque77. Yo third aberrant, claim already and we can finish this game.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
NoSmurfHere
Profile Joined June 2012
New Zealand613 Posts
July 06 2012 21:30 GMT
#223
I would laugh so incredibly hard if prplhz, slOosh, and danger Dave or sinesis were the scum

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
July 06 2012 21:31 GMT
#224
On July 07 2012 06:28 drwiggl3s wrote:
I really don't see why so many votes are being thrown onto prplhz with such certainty. Can someone explain better why you think he's scum? I've gone through his filter a few times and it just seems like he's poking at people but hasn't done anything especially scummy.

Also he's been drawing quite a bit of focused attention to himself. For example with his vote on slOosh, and later his accusation that marv is scum. Do you think this behavior would be smart from a mafia perspective?


Don't read his filter. Read pages 7 and 8.

This is what happened.
> prplhz accuses marv of being scum without anything to back up
> People start discussing about it, prplhz doesn't say anything
> When he says something, he is complaining that people are about the create a shitstorm.("not this again...")
> A bit later, he calls marv scum again without backing it up

That's not poking and prodding for scum reading. That's downright trying to create havoc. That's scum agenda.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Dangeresque77
Profile Joined June 2012
United States65 Posts
July 06 2012 21:34 GMT
#225
On July 07 2012 05:57 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 01:37 Dangeresque77 wrote:
On July 07 2012 00:19 Zephirdd wrote:
Also I want to hear from MsZontar, drwiggl3s, sloosh, Dangeresque77.

They all posted nothing. Sloosh, you showed a different play on movie star. The other three, I want your opinions on everything that happened so far and you find relevant; Don't stay shut without words.


sorry ive been asleep


anyways heres what i think so far

i would be ok to vote for prplhz but im not totally convinced that hes scum. then again it would help to jst go ahead and lynch one person to give us a starting ground

1. from a town perspective. prplhz has been poking and prodding marvelosity and others. marv primely
if he is town he could be just tring to get people to react to being accused and see what they do. a good way of scum hunting

2. if he is mafia. he is trying to throw random suspicion around as to slow down the process of finding scum and make everyone vote for someone different

either way. he hasn't really contributed to anything except to confuse people


also im a little suspicious of Sinensis. like others have said his posts sound suspicious. i think we need to here more from him before we decide on anything


Previous to this post there was some blablabla posts. Reasonably to be expected at the start of day 1. But this post... ah, I don't know where to begin with how it wiffle waffles (big sister of wishy washy). He spends quite a long time talking about prplhz, but to what conclusion? He's confusing. The first sentence is a real cracker:

"I would be ok to vote prplhz" - excellent!
"but I'm not totally convinced he's scum" - oh... why you ok to vote him :<
"then again it would help to just go ahead and lynch one person to get us started" - what??... that's not why we lynch people.

So he's happy to vote prplhz just because... he's ok with getting anyone lynched to start the game.

He then proceeds to call prplhz going "lol u scum" a "good way of scumhunting." Really? :/ I mean, really?? :/

Tacked on the end of the post is the little bit about Sinensis. It feels like he's just put that there to, ya know, say something else. "like others have said, his posts sound suspicious". Well, Zentor said he sounded cautious. Dangeresque does NOT provide his own opinion here, he's just casting the doubt of others on to Sinensis.

Overall just a post of such astonishing nothingness. Very scummy.



First off. Don't take what I said out of context.

1. In my first post I clearly stated my position on prplhz. Scummy but not confirmed mafia.
By the way scum hunting is the exact reason why we lynch people.

2. Call me crazy but it looks like him going "Marv you scum lol" worked. He got you to respond. I'm not saying he's town but it's a good way to see how people respond

Don't say that all I posted was nothingness. Read it then tell me what I was saying.
I was posting my views on two people.
How is saying "sinesis post sound suspicious" saying nothing? I am clearly saying that I think he is a little bit suspicious

Overal my opinion is as follows.
Very scummy- no one at the moment for me

Scummy- prplhz and marvellosity

Prplhz for previous reasons
Marv for the way that he just accuses Only people who accuses him and of how he explodes in his posts

Kinda suspicious- sinesis

How's that for " posting my opinion"

"Sounds Dangerous." "No...Sounds Dangeresque"
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
July 06 2012 21:36 GMT
#226
Dangeresque77
Scummy- prplhz and marvellosity


WHAT

Do you think prplhz and marvelosity are part of the same scum team? Or do you think that if one is scum the other can't be?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
drwiggl3s
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada167 Posts
July 06 2012 21:36 GMT
#227
On July 07 2012 06:31 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:28 drwiggl3s wrote:
I really don't see why so many votes are being thrown onto prplhz with such certainty. Can someone explain better why you think he's scum? I've gone through his filter a few times and it just seems like he's poking at people but hasn't done anything especially scummy.

Also he's been drawing quite a bit of focused attention to himself. For example with his vote on slOosh, and later his accusation that marv is scum. Do you think this behavior would be smart from a mafia perspective?


Don't read his filter. Read pages 7 and 8.

This is what happened.
> prplhz accuses marv of being scum without anything to back up
> People start discussing about it, prplhz doesn't say anything
> When he says something, he is complaining that people are about the create a shitstorm.("not this again...")
> A bit later, he calls marv scum again without backing it up

That's not poking and prodding for scum reading. That's downright trying to create havoc. That's scum agenda.


I guess I should ask:
If you were scum, would you post something that stupid? Draw that much attention to yourself early on? Scum start a game with an innate fear. That's why they lurk. It's why they come up with some preplanned town-looking posts or strategy. Seems like he's just being confident town, or suicidal mafia. The later being the less likely of the two possibilities in my book.
hi
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
July 06 2012 21:37 GMT
#228
I mean...someone's gotta say it.

Would scum act like that? Flippantly fingering their foes frivolously?

That's my only problem with a prplhz lynch at this point...he's smart enough to realize that acting like this would bring about suspicion...but he's like gone, man. Would scum do something like that only to disappear and allow the shit to boil over?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 06 2012 21:38 GMT
#229
No point saying something sounds suspicious without saying why.

He didn't get me to respond, other than in bemusement - hence his two posts going "marv is ignoring me".

Notice again you still don't say why you find Sinensis suspicious...
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
July 06 2012 21:39 GMT
#230
On July 07 2012 06:36 drwiggl3s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:31 Zephirdd wrote:
On July 07 2012 06:28 drwiggl3s wrote:
I really don't see why so many votes are being thrown onto prplhz with such certainty. Can someone explain better why you think he's scum? I've gone through his filter a few times and it just seems like he's poking at people but hasn't done anything especially scummy.

Also he's been drawing quite a bit of focused attention to himself. For example with his vote on slOosh, and later his accusation that marv is scum. Do you think this behavior would be smart from a mafia perspective?


Don't read his filter. Read pages 7 and 8.

This is what happened.
> prplhz accuses marv of being scum without anything to back up
> People start discussing about it, prplhz doesn't say anything
> When he says something, he is complaining that people are about the create a shitstorm.("not this again...")
> A bit later, he calls marv scum again without backing it up

That's not poking and prodding for scum reading. That's downright trying to create havoc. That's scum agenda.


I guess I should ask:
If you were scum, would you post something that stupid? Draw that much attention to yourself early on? Scum start a game with an innate fear. That's why they lurk. It's why they come up with some preplanned town-looking posts or strategy. Seems like he's just being confident town, or suicidal mafia. The later being the less likely of the two possibilities in my book.


♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
drwiggl3s
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada167 Posts
July 06 2012 21:39 GMT
#231
I think me and VE are saying the same thing here. I'm not for a prplhz lynch at this point.
hi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 06 2012 21:39 GMT
#232
VE, this feels like a rehash, but ... would town?

At least I argued my corner in Movie (perhaps not optimally)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
July 06 2012 21:41 GMT
#233
EBWOP
On July 07 2012 06:36 drwiggl3s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 06:31 Zephirdd wrote:
On July 07 2012 06:28 drwiggl3s wrote:
I really don't see why so many votes are being thrown onto prplhz with such certainty. Can someone explain better why you think he's scum? I've gone through his filter a few times and it just seems like he's poking at people but hasn't done anything especially scummy.

Also he's been drawing quite a bit of focused attention to himself. For example with his vote on slOosh, and later his accusation that marv is scum. Do you think this behavior would be smart from a mafia perspective?


Don't read his filter. Read pages 7 and 8.

This is what happened.
> prplhz accuses marv of being scum without anything to back up
> People start discussing about it, prplhz doesn't say anything
> When he says something, he is complaining that people are about the create a shitstorm.("not this again...")
> A bit later, he calls marv scum again without backing it up

That's not poking and prodding for scum reading. That's downright trying to create havoc. That's scum agenda.


I guess I should ask:
If you were scum, would you post something that stupid? Draw that much attention to yourself early on? Scum start a game with an innate fear. That's why they lurk. It's why they come up with some preplanned town-looking posts or strategy. Seems like he's just being confident town, or suicidal mafia. The later being the less likely of the two possibilities in my book.



And now we get into wifom area. prplhz is experienced. He knows that scum usually acts with fear. He can act "fearless" and try to shit up the thread. The problem is: the shit didn't evolve. The moment he thought marv and VE would burst into a fight again("not this again...") he thought he did what he wanted to do.

Thing is: his play didn't work, and now we found him. It's that simple. Kinda like when you proxy a stargate, and your zerg enemy found it.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Dangeresque77
Profile Joined June 2012
United States65 Posts
July 06 2012 21:41 GMT
#234
Zephrid.

Now that you bring it up it would make sense for Marv and prplhz to be on the scum team.
They both throw a little suspicion at eachother without any real arguments.
If I
Had to gues right now I would say Marv and prplhz are scum team.
This is me making a clear opinion.
"Sounds Dangerous." "No...Sounds Dangeresque"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 06 2012 21:41 GMT
#235
Also, VE - that's why, in my case, I specifically linked the quote from wbg on prplhz's scumplay in Movie.

To compare, contrast. I find it quite plausible that he would roll scum and change things up like that.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
July 06 2012 21:42 GMT
#236
I don't know...I probably wouldn't...but then again, I'm like...ever-present in games I'm in.

And by my estimation, townPrplhz wouldn't either...hence my vote. But it's still a good question that I don't feel like enough people are asking.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 06 2012 21:42 GMT
#237
On July 07 2012 06:41 Dangeresque77 wrote:
Zephrid.

Now that you bring it up it would make sense for Marv and prplhz to be on the scum team.
They both throw a little suspicion at eachother without any real arguments.
If I
Had to gues right now I would say Marv and prplhz are scum team.
This is me making a clear opinion.


I made a case. One that someone else also made. Don't give me fucking "without any real arguments" when I made a case and prplhz went "lol u scum".

That's just lame.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
drwiggl3s
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada167 Posts
July 06 2012 21:46 GMT
#238
Not to take any heat off prplhz - I still think he should post something useful. But I think a better scum read would be slOosh.

Here's my case against him:

On July 06 2012 12:28 slOosh wrote:
##Vote: drwiggl3s


His first post isn't actually very suspicious to me. People troll, random vote, etc. all the time. but what follows is what makes me think it was a plan put in place to make him seem pro-town. (rather then an actual desire to lynch me).

On July 07 2012 00:44 slOosh wrote:
Hey all.

MrZentor has correctly identified my vote as a reaction test against a less known, less experienced (objectively by post count) player.

By doing this I have achieved two objectives of mine: first is to get better reads on people via gauging the responses to my weird play and also subsequent responses to those players. Pushing to something more meaningful than trite policy lynches and giving us something to work with.

Secondly, it makes me more visible - people are keeping an eye on me. Because I'm somewhat confident in my ability to reveal my towniness, this serves to give me a greater voice in town. People pay attention to the posts of those who they think suspicious. That means people gonna read what I say and also get a better, i.e. town, read on me. Awesome.

In any case I'll be resuming my regular play.

##Unvote: MrZentor
##Vote: Sinensis


(I'll be posting more later in the day. Slept at 4am yesterday due to shenanigans and gonna go work now. Hold me accountable)


On July 07 2012 00:45 slOosh wrote:
EBWOP:

Wahaha ... I guess the sleepy hasn't wore off yet.
It should read
##Unvote: drwiggl3s
##Vote: Sinensis


His follow up posts show great reasoning, and a desire to poke people who are new and or lurking to get a reaction from them. Sure this looks like a great town post, but isn't it too great? Like he starts a mini flare up in posting where everyone's wondering why I have a vote already despite not having posted. And then after a short time he comes back with a flawless reason, thus allowing him to appear pro-town while giving him the opportunity to sit back and not have to post any more.

To me at least this seems like the most suspicious action in the thread.
hi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
July 06 2012 21:49 GMT
#239
haha, I find it funny you call it 'a great town post' (almost too great etc) and earlier in my filter I called it a pile of crap
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
drwiggl3s
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada167 Posts
July 06 2012 21:49 GMT
#240
EBWOP: I'm very curious what his future posts will be. Specifically what he suspects of Sinensis.
hi
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 231
NeuroSwarm 186
FoxeR 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2978
Leta 1453
Bale 59
Other Games
summit1g7984
JimRising 558
WinterStarcraft338
ViBE142
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 17
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo373
Other Games
• Scarra1037
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h
Patches Events
12h
BSL Open Qualifier
16h
BSL Open Qualifier
16h
OSC
20h
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.