• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7828 users

Bastard Mafia 2 - Page 90

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 104 Next
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 25 2012 13:09 GMT
#1781
Framed or miller is pretty much the same as far as I'm concerned.

1v1v3 is a LOSS for town. Straight from the Maju role pm:
You win when the number of scum alive are equal or outnumber the number of Town-aligned players alive. 3rd Party do not count.


If one of the "confirmed" townies is scum, then it really IS better to lynch SnB right now. It matters nothing to town whether we lose at 0v1v2 or 1v1v3. The chance of PREVENTING the 0v1v2 happening is better if we lynch you now, rather than after xsksc is dead (which would also make tomorrow mylo, so if xsksc is town, then lynching Hyaach tomorrow would be dumb).
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 13:10 GMT
#1782
On June 25 2012 22:03 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 18:05 Drazerk wrote:
Well its much better than a no brain sacrificial lamb vote at any rate and I've been paranoid about the mason pair considering just how broken that role really is and I can't imagine anyone using it without some major drawback involved.

S+B wants to stay alive the most so I want to kill him first so... ##vote strongandbig

If scum was hanging on their KP last night they are basically forced to do it again anyway so it shouldn't matter that much delaying the sacrificial lambs


This is super fishy. Why would scum hold their KP again tonight?


because if they shoot it ruins the Wifom 3 they need to abuse tomorrow if they want to survive
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 25 2012 13:13 GMT
#1783
On June 25 2012 22:03 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 18:05 Drazerk wrote:
Well its much better than a no brain sacrificial lamb vote at any rate and I've been paranoid about the mason pair considering just how broken that role really is and I can't imagine anyone using it without some major drawback involved.

S+B wants to stay alive the most so I want to kill him first so... ##vote strongandbig

If scum was hanging on their KP last night they are basically forced to do it again anyway so it shouldn't matter that much delaying the sacrificial lambs


This is super fishy. Why would scum hold their KP again tonight?

Why is it fishy? I don't see much reason to hold their KP again tonight, but I don't know why the comment is fishy, it's just wrong (I think).
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 13:27 GMT
#1784
Also if there was a role to kill you why have they not done it yet?
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 13:30 GMT
#1785
I don't see why you care about dying, you still win when Hiro lives right? Nobody has a reason to kill him, or they'd have done it already...besides why should we care if you win or not? The fact you're so paranoid about dying just gives us more reason to kill you lol.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 25 2012 13:38 GMT
#1786
On June 25 2012 22:30 xsksc wrote:
I don't see why you care about dying, you still win when Hiro lives right? Nobody has a reason to kill him, or they'd have done it already...besides why should we care if you win or not? The fact you're so paranoid about dying just gives us more reason to kill you lol.

I agree with the scum! Kill (uncover) the other scumteam!
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 13:42 GMT
#1787
On June 25 2012 22:38 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 22:30 xsksc wrote:
I don't see why you care about dying, you still win when Hiro lives right? Nobody has a reason to kill him, or they'd have done it already...besides why should we care if you win or not? The fact you're so paranoid about dying just gives us more reason to kill you lol.

I agree with the scum! Kill (uncover) the other scumteam!

I resent this obnoxious defamation. You dare call Robert Downey Jr. scum?
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 13:46 GMT
#1788
Btw, there's a very small chance of it, but in case there's another framer or w/e, don't give me a single person to investigate tomorow night. (assuming we lynch s+b and I live for another night)
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
June 25 2012 14:00 GMT
#1789
@xsksc:

On June 10 2012 20:40 Forumite wrote:
Some player may check out wrong on alignment checks, but if so, they will be read the same during the whole game.


So it doesn't really matter who we tell you to check out, Framers have already framed who they're going to frame.

Weird, you would think that the DT would know this sort of thing.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 14:03 GMT
#1790
I assumed that's referring to millers.
Weird? Several others have mentioned the possibility of a framer still being around, it's not my own suggestion lol
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
June 25 2012 14:06 GMT
#1791
But they aren't claiming to be the DT. Maju's PM says that he gets to frame a player Night 0, and that player will get checked opposite the rest of the game. The rules state that any wrong alignment check will read wrong the entire game. That doesn't make it sound like a framer role is possible in this game.

I would expect someone claiming to be the DT to pick up on these sorts of things.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 25 2012 14:11 GMT
#1792
On June 25 2012 23:06 ghost_403 wrote:
But they aren't claiming to be the DT. Maju's PM says that he gets to frame a player Night 0, and that player will get checked opposite the rest of the game. The rules state that any wrong alignment check will read wrong the entire game. That doesn't make it sound like a framer role is possible in this game.

I would expect someone claiming to be the DT to pick up on these sorts of things.

This is a pretty damned good catch, ghost. Makes me doubt my plan (the only situation in which it's a bad plan is if xsksc is actually scum). All the evidence mounting up against xsksc, but for now I'll stick with it. Everybody else should use their own judgement.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
June 25 2012 14:13 GMT
#1793
I'd rather lynch S+B, because it makes it harder for the town to lynch me. Unfortunately, xgrak is pretty clearly lying about his role, and I will almost always vote to lynch the scum in front of me.

@acro: I have to agree with S+B, which is too bad, because I think he's scum/anti-town too. I think you're relying too much on mechanics to get through this game. Stop worrying about the best lynch, and lynch the scum in front of you. xhrvd is lying about his roleclaim, lynch him first and then we can worry about lynching into S+B/Hiro.

Also, Hiro protown? He's afk'd himself since he claimed neutral survivor linked whatever he is.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 25 2012 14:17 GMT
#1794
Quick recap on the pros and cons of the plan:
1. If xsksc is the last scum, it doesn't matter (just delays the win by a day).
2. If xsksc is scum and so is one of the "confirmed townies", the plan may be bad for us.
3. If xsksc is scum and so is (at least) one of the 3rd parties, the plan is not detrimental and may be beneficial.
4. If xsksc is not scum, the plan is clearly beneficial to us.

I still weigh the chance of 4 being true greater than the chance of 2 being true. 1 and 3 are more likely than either, so the plan is most probably neutral.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 14:27 GMT
#1795
Maju was not a framer, he was a rolecop.
I'm talking about the possibility of a mafia framer, not the n0 ability they had.
I was told to check Hyaach, in the thread.
Hyaach returns red. Now this means he's either

Scum
Miller
Framed

I've said it's a very unlikely chance, but in my opinnion it should be taken into account.

I have actually read that shit, so you can stop fucking implying that I haven't. I know how their n0 ability works, I know how DT works. That line in the OP would be referring to the n0 scum ability, if not a miller. I am talking about the minuscale possibility of a mafia framer role. It's a bastard game with 2 DTs lol, why couldn't there be 1 permanent and 1 temporary framing ability?
Fine, I was actually trying to help, but whatever, I'll just shut the fuck up and check whoever I'm told to like a good dog, and then I'll roll over and die quietly.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
June 25 2012 15:12 GMT
#1796
On June 25 2012 22:30 xsksc wrote:
I don't see why you care about dying, you still win when Hiro lives right? Nobody has a reason to kill him, or they'd have done it already...besides why should we care if you win or not? The fact you're so paranoid about dying just gives us more reason to kill you lol.


Christ, how many fucking times do I have to explain this? My win condition is for me or hiro to survive. I will not do anything the goes against that, and letting myself get lynched clearly goes against that. Especially since unless it's mod confirmed that there is no third-party-hunting role in the game, letting myself get lynched opens the door to me losing, when I would win if I survived.

Also why are you discounting the possibility that Hyaach is a miller? There doesn't have to be a framer still in the game for your check to be wrong.

Look guys no one has any reason to believe I'm anything other than what I say I am. The only evidence anyone has put forward is "he doesn't want to die lol", which is directly my wincon. The only reason acro has for trying to kill me is "numbers", but numbers dictate you need to be trying to kill scum.

By getting rid of the scum KP you give yourselves a lot more time to work through everything else, if the game even continues.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 15:17 GMT
#1797
On June 26 2012 00:12 strongandbig wrote:

Also why are you discounting the possibility that Hyaach is a miller? There doesn't have to be a framer still in the game for your check to be wrong.


Herp a derp it's right above you
On June 25 2012 23:27 xsksc wrote:
Hyaach returns red. Now this means he's either
Scum
Miller
Framed

Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 15:32 GMT
#1798
Strong stop thinking of yourself as a survivor but more as a second town team.

Sometimes its better to die for the good of the town. This is what you would be doing.

Being alive is sadly not part of your win condition nor is it optimal play.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 25 2012 15:35 GMT
#1799
Really quick votecount.

S&B has 3 votes, xsksc has 6 votes. xsksc is to be lynched.

Deadline in 2 hours 25 minutes.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
June 25 2012 15:45 GMT
#1800
I think SnB was mainly aiming at my analysis, where I assumed that if xsksc and Hyaach are both town, then there is a framer. I agree that in the initial post I forgot about the existence of millers. In the follow-up, however, you had already mentioned that possibility and I fail to see why the difference between being framed and being a miller is so important to you. The key point of the scenario is that there is a scum on the loose.

From a purely coherence of role name point of view, Tyrion the MILLER roleblocker makes a hell-of-a-lot of sense. In fact, I believe I mentioned it in the ScumQT of GoT mafia that Tyrion could just roleclaim his own name and say he's a miller :D
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 104 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 137
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 40
League of Legends
Doublelift4474
Other Games
summit1g9561
JimRising 547
ViBE245
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV199
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• Light_VIP 4
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra941
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Patches Events
13h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 56m
OSC
21h 56m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.