• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9184 users

Bastard Mafia 2 - Page 91

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 104 Next
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 15:56 GMT
#1801
On June 26 2012 00:45 Acrofales wrote:
I think SnB was mainly aiming at my analysis, where I assumed that if xsksc and Hyaach are both town, then there is a framer. I agree that in the initial post I forgot about the existence of millers. In the follow-up, however, you had already mentioned that possibility and I fail to see why the difference between being framed and being a miller is so important to you. The key point of the scenario is that there is a scum on the loose.

From a purely coherence of role name point of view, Tyrion the MILLER roleblocker makes a hell-of-a-lot of sense. In fact, I believe I mentioned it in the ScumQT of GoT mafia that Tyrion could just roleclaim his own name and say he's a miller :D


He said "your" check, so i assumed he was directing it at me.

I just mentioned that there's a possibility, dunno why it's being blown out of proportion...
The difference would be giving me a check in the thread with a framer alive basically wastes the check, whereas a miller is not gonna change. That's all.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 25 2012 16:03 GMT
#1802
On June 25 2012 23:13 ghost_403 wrote:
Also, Hiro protown? He's afk'd himself since he claimed neutral survivor linked whatever he is.


Do you just pretend to not read anything or is this how you actually play the game? Did you read anything that happened before you replaced in?

On June 25 2012 23:27 xsksc wrote:
It's a bastard game with 2 DTs lol, why couldn't there be 1 permanent and 1 temporary framing ability?


"Some player may check out wrong on alignment checks, but if so, they will be read the same during the whole game."

Hmmmmmmmm

On June 26 2012 00:32 Drazerk wrote:
Strong stop thinking of yourself as a survivor but more as a second town team.

Sometimes its better to die for the good of the town. This is what you would be doing.

Being alive is sadly not part of your win condition nor is it optimal play.


Lol, we're not a second town team. If town loses, w/e, it's their own fault for not playing well.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 16:08 GMT
#1803
On June 26 2012 01:03 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 23:27 xsksc wrote:
It's a bastard game with 2 DTs lol, why couldn't there be 1 permanent and 1 temporary framing ability?


"Some player may check out wrong on alignment checks, but if so, they will be read the same during the whole game."

Hmmmmmm

Read what else I wrote, I've already said I believe this is talking about either a miller or the permanent ability.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 16:09 GMT
#1804
On June 26 2012 01:03 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 23:13 ghost_403 wrote:
Also, Hiro protown? He's afk'd himself since he claimed neutral survivor linked whatever he is.


Do you just pretend to not read anything or is this how you actually play the game? Did you read anything that happened before you replaced in?

Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 23:27 xsksc wrote:
It's a bastard game with 2 DTs lol, why couldn't there be 1 permanent and 1 temporary framing ability?


"Some player may check out wrong on alignment checks, but if so, they will be read the same during the whole game."

Hmmmmmmmm

Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 00:32 Drazerk wrote:
Strong stop thinking of yourself as a survivor but more as a second town team.

Sometimes its better to die for the good of the town. This is what you would be doing.

Being alive is sadly not part of your win condition nor is it optimal play.


Lol, we're not a second town team. If town loses, w/e, it's their own fault for not playing well.


The analogy still holds
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
June 25 2012 16:09 GMT
#1805
@hiro: A) Why would bother reading the thread?

B) Choice excerpts from the 10th page of your filter:

On June 24 2012 02:50 HiroPro wrote:
Damn it s&b, now I need to start thinking again. Fuck I shouldn't have stopped updating my spreadsheet.

On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
IMaLive

Mister mister role role roleblocker dun a good job.

On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
Back to being useless then for me

On June 24 2012 07:57 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 07:21 ghost_403 wrote:
On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
Back to being useless then for me


Why? You spent a huge part of the beginning of the game actively hunting scum. House Chezinu took up, what, two or three pages of your filter, and began your case on xcrzd. Now, after you claim Neutral Linked Survivor, you're all like

On June 22 2012 01:41 HiroPro wrote:
Because I'm not bulletproof lol. If someone decides that I'm being too helpful to town, they can kill me.


You weren't afraid to play protown then, so why the change of heart?


To stay alive, I needed to show that I wasn't anti-town. Now that I've established that, there's no reason for me to help town.

On June 24 2012 08:06 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 08:04 Drazerk wrote:
On June 24 2012 07:57 HiroPro wrote:
On June 24 2012 07:21 ghost_403 wrote:
On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
Back to being useless then for me


Why? You spent a huge part of the beginning of the game actively hunting scum. House Chezinu took up, what, two or three pages of your filter, and began your case on xcrzd. Now, after you claim Neutral Linked Survivor, you're all like

On June 22 2012 01:41 HiroPro wrote:
Because I'm not bulletproof lol. If someone decides that I'm being too helpful to town, they can kill me.


You weren't afraid to play protown then, so why the change of heart?


To stay alive, I needed to show that I wasn't anti-town. Now that I've established that, there's no reason for me to help town.


We all ok policy lynching Hiro and S+B even if it loses us the game?


Town wouldn't even be in this good a situation if I hadn't helped lol. And if you had actually listened to me about DropBear, you'd be doing even better.


And by choice, I mean the first five. The rest of the posts on that page are similarly useless. You've been riding the town goodwill since you debunked House Chezinu and 'caught' xiron.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 25 2012 16:15 GMT
#1806
I see hyaach lurked his entire active period.

Drazerk has had it out for the third parties since the beginning. Ghost is acting weird too. meanwhile xsksc has been acting townie as fuck but how knows what that means. If he's scum he really shouldn't be going along with acro's plan but I guess he would have no choice in the matter.

I'm not sure about lynching into strongandbig/hiro. They are useful allies for town at the moment. If they're scum, I'm not sure I'll care about losing to them, because that would just be dumb. I also doubt there are five anti-town forces in a 15 player game. Four seems more likely, and I think it's one of xsksc/hyaach and one of drazerk/ghost.

Only reason I can think to lynch into neutrals is so we can get another check out of xsksc (that we won't know if we can trust) since scum can't really kill him if he's town.

To be honest I'd still rather lynch hyaach. What do we need a roleblocker for anyway?
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 25 2012 16:16 GMT
#1807
On June 26 2012 01:08 xsksc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 01:03 HiroPro wrote:
On June 25 2012 23:27 xsksc wrote:
It's a bastard game with 2 DTs lol, why couldn't there be 1 permanent and 1 temporary framing ability?


"Some player may check out wrong on alignment checks, but if so, they will be read the same during the whole game."

Hmmmmmm

Read what else I wrote, I've already said I believe this is talking about either a miller or the permanent ability.


If that's what you believe/want to believe, ok.

On June 26 2012 01:09 Drazerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 01:03 HiroPro wrote:
On June 25 2012 23:13 ghost_403 wrote:
Also, Hiro protown? He's afk'd himself since he claimed neutral survivor linked whatever he is.


Do you just pretend to not read anything or is this how you actually play the game? Did you read anything that happened before you replaced in?

On June 25 2012 23:27 xsksc wrote:
It's a bastard game with 2 DTs lol, why couldn't there be 1 permanent and 1 temporary framing ability?


"Some player may check out wrong on alignment checks, but if so, they will be read the same during the whole game."

Hmmmmmmmm

On June 26 2012 00:32 Drazerk wrote:
Strong stop thinking of yourself as a survivor but more as a second town team.

Sometimes its better to die for the good of the town. This is what you would be doing.

Being alive is sadly not part of your win condition nor is it optimal play.


Lol, we're not a second town team. If town loses, w/e, it's their own fault for not playing well.


The analogy still holds


Major Difference: Doesn't matter if scum dies or not, as long as the game ends.

On June 26 2012 01:09 ghost_403 wrote:
@hiro: A) Why would bother reading the thread?

B) Choice excerpts from the 10th page of your filter:

Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 02:50 HiroPro wrote:
Damn it s&b, now I need to start thinking again. Fuck I shouldn't have stopped updating my spreadsheet.

Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
IMaLive

Mister mister role role roleblocker dun a good job.

Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
Back to being useless then for me

Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 07:57 HiroPro wrote:
On June 24 2012 07:21 ghost_403 wrote:
On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
Back to being useless then for me


Why? You spent a huge part of the beginning of the game actively hunting scum. House Chezinu took up, what, two or three pages of your filter, and began your case on xcrzd. Now, after you claim Neutral Linked Survivor, you're all like

On June 22 2012 01:41 HiroPro wrote:
Because I'm not bulletproof lol. If someone decides that I'm being too helpful to town, they can kill me.


You weren't afraid to play protown then, so why the change of heart?


To stay alive, I needed to show that I wasn't anti-town. Now that I've established that, there's no reason for me to help town.

Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 08:06 HiroPro wrote:
On June 24 2012 08:04 Drazerk wrote:
On June 24 2012 07:57 HiroPro wrote:
On June 24 2012 07:21 ghost_403 wrote:
On June 24 2012 03:13 HiroPro wrote:
Back to being useless then for me


Why? You spent a huge part of the beginning of the game actively hunting scum. House Chezinu took up, what, two or three pages of your filter, and began your case on xcrzd. Now, after you claim Neutral Linked Survivor, you're all like

On June 22 2012 01:41 HiroPro wrote:
Because I'm not bulletproof lol. If someone decides that I'm being too helpful to town, they can kill me.


You weren't afraid to play protown then, so why the change of heart?


To stay alive, I needed to show that I wasn't anti-town. Now that I've established that, there's no reason for me to help town.


We all ok policy lynching Hiro and S+B even if it loses us the game?


Town wouldn't even be in this good a situation if I hadn't helped lol. And if you had actually listened to me about DropBear, you'd be doing even better.


And by choice, I mean the first five. The rest of the posts on that page are similarly useless. You've been riding the town goodwill since you debunked House Chezinu and 'caught' xiron.


Don't insult me by saying that I haven't helped town, ok. Who do you think made the plan that exposed the Serial Killer? Hm, it was me. Who do you think made the case against MajuGarzett? Hm, I think that might have been me. Who killed the Serial Killer when everyone in town decided it would be a good idea to lynch one of their own? Huh, funny thing, I think that might have been me too. #of anti-town killed by town=1....#of anti-town killed by me=1......hmmmm

talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 25 2012 16:17 GMT
#1808
to be fair you didn't know you were going to kill KB.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 25 2012 16:18 GMT
#1809
True, but I still pushed for lynching him instead of DropBear.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 25 2012 16:19 GMT
#1810
On June 26 2012 01:15 talismania wrote:
Drazerk has had it out for the third parties since the beginning. Ghost is acting weird too.


Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 16:20 GMT
#1811
DB was still a good lynch though even as town
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
June 25 2012 16:23 GMT
#1812
In what way? The awful case that Acro came up with? I broke that thing down so many times, lol. But no one actually bothered thinking about it for themselves.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 16:26 GMT
#1813
His role was put to a much better use than it would have been normally and I doubt we would have gotten much productivity done with him around much like we are currently with S+B
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 25 2012 16:28 GMT
#1814
dropbear's lynch was stupid because nisani never claimed he was town. He even wrote his name in black bold instead of blue bold. And he failed to read his pm that indicated there was only one AMA. Meh. I would be much happier now if nisani was still alive and had made me king so I could shoot hyaach and we could get somewhere.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
June 25 2012 16:29 GMT
#1815
And vigilante lynching is exactly why I think it should of been Red bolded rather than Black bolded as it basically makes voting / analysis pointless
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 25 2012 16:48 GMT
#1816
actually fuck it.

if we're going to lynch third party, why not ghost? fourface claimed insane dt - why? probably because his ass wanted to mislead town. He's a survivor alright, but wins with scum. Just a thought. Also ghost has been acting weird since he's arrived.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
June 25 2012 16:49 GMT
#1817
@Tali: what makes you think Hyaach is scummier than xsksc? Is it the mechanics? Or is it his behaviour? Basically up until I wrote the two cases, I found Hyaach to have a moderately acceptable filter, whereas xsksc's was terrible. Since then Hyaach has lurked and xsksc has acted townie (I agree with you there). Acting townie when your life's on the line is pretty easy though, for scum. Even Majuju managed to do it in Holy Roman and he was scummy as all hell until the pressure really came on. Then he made some decent contributions before he flipped scum. Enough to convince me and some others that he was less scummy than Sinani (turned out he was exactly equally scummy as Sinani )
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
June 25 2012 17:01 GMT
#1818
On June 26 2012 01:48 talismania wrote:
actually fuck it.

if we're going to lynch third party, why not ghost? fourface claimed insane dt - why? probably because his ass wanted to mislead town. He's a survivor alright, but wins with scum. Just a thought. Also ghost has been acting weird since he's arrived.

Lynching ghost actually has a good chance of catching scum imho. As today has developed, he has been acting weirder and weirder. 4F never really convinced me he was town in any way. Ghost has played more coherently. It was actually you who convinced me 4F/ghost was improbable scum. Also, if we lynch ghost and he flips scum then we've proven Hyaach as a pretty townie roleblocker, leaving the road even clearer for an xsksc lynch tomorrow.

I am not opposed to killing ghost. My main reason for picking Hiro/SnB is because there is something fishy about their role and until we lynch one of them or the game ends we won't know what it is. I am inquisitive and not above lynching for information

Let me go reread ghost's filter, but a switch to ghost does not seem like a bad plan. At worst it'll prove that roleblocking ghost was NOT what stopped the mafia kill from happening.
xsksc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1044 Posts
June 25 2012 17:04 GMT
#1819
Well I'm going to hang soon, so make your plan quickly
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18462 Posts
June 25 2012 17:10 GMT
#1820
Okay, quick wrapup of ghost's play. He is clearly completely unconcerned about who is getting lynched (while he is out-of-shot). Which makes him not-town. But we knew that already. Complete toss-up between scum and 3rd party as far as I can read him, though.
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 104 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.