• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12056 users

Magic: The Gathering Mini Mafia - Page 61

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 90 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:26 GMT
#1201
Well, the timing of his lapse into normal posting was troubling...like, the thread was in shambles because of me and bugs and his answer was.....to stop posting concisely and shit up the thread further?

...
...
...

Like...I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Also his absolute certainty that Bugs being town like ALL game mystifies me considering the lengths bugs has gone to to not talk about his reads and shit.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:27 GMT
#1202
On May 26 2012 08:22 froggynoddy wrote:

Re why pick Hiro over N_T? Perhaps because N_T is scum and though the gambit proposed by B is a risky one Zealos was already grasping at straws trying to prevent a bandwagon and such a gambit seems awfully risky.


What's the risk? It's taken me very specifically pushing the idea that Hiro could be scum for it to be even considered, and even then no-one is buying it. A quite likely possibility is that in making the play they hoped people wouldn't consider or push it at all like I've done.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:28 GMT
#1203
On May 26 2012 08:20 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 08:18 marvellosity wrote:
I think you mistake BM for aggressive. It's an extremely rare thing indeed where I will directly insult someone.

Anyway, are we going to do some scumhunting today or are we going to wait for tomorrow?

Who do people think are good lynch targets at the moment?


Aggressive is good, and fine. If you make it with points. I would like to see you in any setting go up to someone and call them stupid, and not expect at least being called a dick.


So this is going to be a little game irrelevant, but it's true for me.

this is a game, a game based on logic, information, emotion, and a variety of other things.

Players like Palmar and I (among others) are quite aggressive in our approach, yes. I mention Palmar because he's probably the player I played most similarly to, simply through the number of games I played with him and the effectiveness of his style (though I didn't necessarily try to emulate his play). It's a style I use in debates as well; I'm not afraid to attack moral implications of certain beliefs or worldviews because I have a strong conviction for standing up for what one believes in. So far this game, though, I've refrained from using this style because newer players on the forum don't always respond the same way to it that older players did, and it renders the style somewhat ineffective.

Up till about three pages ago I hadn't done anything in my normal style. I've been attacked on meta grounds for not being aggressive before as town. DFM2 comes to mind. LI comes to mind. Those are my recent town games.

This game I wasn't attacked on meta grounds but I have been attacked for apparently being aggressive when I haven't been (which has made me really amused). It means one or a mixture of three things; I'm somehow aggressive without trying to, or I've cracked and I've started letting things slip, or I'm being misrepresented.

I think it may be a mixture of all 3 but up till about 2-3 pages ago I don't think I had done anything to provoke anyone, until I called VE's argument trash and then the half brain comments.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:29 GMT
#1204
On May 26 2012 08:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Well, the timing of his lapse into normal posting was troubling...like, the thread was in shambles because of me and bugs and his answer was.....to stop posting concisely and shit up the thread further?

...
...
...

Like...I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Also his absolute certainty that Bugs being town like ALL game mystifies me considering the lengths bugs has gone to to not talk about his reads and shit.


I think the only person who's talked about reads more extensively than I have this game is marvellosity.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:30 GMT
#1205
Selectively not responding to people is provocation Bugs, you conveniently don't mention that - as it's something you admit to doing and was the whole reason I started considering you scum in the first place...or have you forgotten?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:30 GMT
#1206
On May 26 2012 08:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Well, the timing of his lapse into normal posting was troubling...like, the thread was in shambles because of me and bugs and his answer was.....to stop posting concisely and shit up the thread further?

...
...
...

Like...I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Also his absolute certainty that Bugs being town like ALL game mystifies me considering the lengths bugs has gone to to not talk about his reads and shit.


Mattchew duped me in LIII, so I am not confident in my ability to read him well. I'm not inclined to lynch him though.

As you're aware, I already posted myself how 'convenient' it could be for Matt to speak in MTG and 'ride to the rescue' by posting normally. So I am aware of the possibility. At the moment I don't think it's the case though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:31 GMT
#1207
The townie thing to do is to comment on a claim Bugs, you're literally trying to make town buy that AS scum Katina wouldn't be trying to emmulate town play and actually CHOSE to not mention Zealos' claim.

As scum, the IDEA is to emmulate town play, so if I were scum and in Katina's position, I'd have ABSOLUTELY mentioned Zealos' claim, the very notion that scum wouldn't is absolutely ludicrous to me.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:32 GMT
#1208
On May 26 2012 08:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Selectively not responding to people is provocation Bugs, you conveniently don't mention that - as it's something you admit to doing and was the whole reason I started considering you scum in the first place...or have you forgotten?


playing on a need to know basis isn't provocation, it's a tactic. If everyone were fully transparent with their reads the thread would be at 200 pages and scum would win simply by people not reading the thread anymore.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:33 GMT
#1209
On May 26 2012 08:31 VisceraEyes wrote:
The townie thing to do is to comment on a claim Bugs, you're literally trying to make town buy that AS scum Katina wouldn't be trying to emmulate town play and actually CHOSE to not mention Zealos' claim.

As scum, the IDEA is to emmulate town play, so if I were scum and in Katina's position, I'd have ABSOLUTELY mentioned Zealos' claim, the very notion that scum wouldn't is absolutely ludicrous to me.


the townie thing to do is comment on the claim.

Therefore, not commenting on the claim makes katina town.

Hahaha you make it incredibly difficult for me not to mock you sometimes.
Acid~
Profile Joined September 2010
Thailand442 Posts
May 25 2012 23:34 GMT
#1210
On May 26 2012 07:16 wherebugsgo wrote:
We should kill Acid as well cause he kept trying to find any excuse possible to get away from the zealos lynch.


Killing me for making a bad read will not help the town. Let's vig Katina and then we can lynch one of you or VE. I made my case on why at least one of you is scum, I'll dig it up and repost it in the morning if need be.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:34 GMT
#1211
On May 26 2012 08:32 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 08:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Selectively not responding to people is provocation Bugs, you conveniently don't mention that - as it's something you admit to doing and was the whole reason I started considering you scum in the first place...or have you forgotten?


playing on a need to know basis isn't provocation, it's a tactic. If everyone were fully transparent with their reads the thread would be at 200 pages and scum would win simply by people not reading the thread anymore.


That works in a PM game Bugs, but that doesn't work in a NO PM game. If no one talks about their reads, how is anyone to determine anyone else's motives or get any information at all?

I'm not saying be completely open, but I also wasn't asking you about like, your town reads or anything either. That's why I don't buy that explanation...add to that the fact that you're like, NOT EVEN CLOSE to playing in that style anymore...and don't tell me it's because it pissed me off because I know you don't give a shit about that.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:36 GMT
#1212
And furthermore, you didn't just ignore me, but in your very next post you said you wanted me dead - like, a slap in the face AFTER a kick in the nuts. Do you not understand? Are you really that thick?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:36 GMT
#1213
might I add that I don't believe Katina's scum play is incredibly strong?

Her town play is very very strong. She emulates Foolishness, and honestly she does it incredibly well.

When we were scum in Arkham City together you recall how she played? That was her first game and for the most part she just stayed under the radar. That's what she's been trying to do this game.

In games where as town she gets accused, Katina is willing to get her hands dirty. Sure, she doesn't respond nearly as much as other players, but she at the very least DOES respond. She doesn't try to feign that her posts are of quality when they're not, such as in this case.

I'm not convinced that she's scum but I'd much rather kill katina over most of the other players in the game right now, probably even tunkeg. Acid goes first IMO though, he's almost definitely scum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:36 GMT
#1214
On May 26 2012 08:34 Acid~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 07:16 wherebugsgo wrote:
We should kill Acid as well cause he kept trying to find any excuse possible to get away from the zealos lynch.


Killing me for making a bad read will not help the town. Let's vig Katina and then we can lynch one of you or VE. I made my case on why at least one of you is scum, I'll dig it up and repost it in the morning if need be.


Please do, I'd be interested to hear it
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:37 GMT
#1215
On May 26 2012 08:36 wherebugsgo wrote:
might I add that I don't believe Katina's scum play is incredibly strong?

Her town play is very very strong. She emulates Foolishness, and honestly she does it incredibly well.

When we were scum in Arkham City together you recall how she played? That was her first game and for the most part she just stayed under the radar. That's what she's been trying to do this game.

In games where as town she gets accused, Katina is willing to get her hands dirty. Sure, she doesn't respond nearly as much as other players, but she at the very least DOES respond. She doesn't try to feign that her posts are of quality when they're not, such as in this case.

I'm not convinced that she's scum but I'd much rather kill katina over most of the other players in the game right now, probably even tunkeg. Acid goes first IMO though, he's almost definitely scum.


Do you have a case on Acid anywhere? Or do you fancy summarising for me the points that show Acid is definitely scum?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:38 GMT
#1216
Like, you say that your question to Katina was part of your "tactics"...like, you had started to think NT was town at that point...but what about my tactics bugs? You were asking Katina for her read on him to further your read on her, but what about my question trying to further my read on you? It's the exact same thing, except that I was asking you in the spirit of cooperation so that we could try and figure shit out TOGETHER and your response was "I wanna kill VE"

Like....do you see where I'm going with this?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:38 GMT
#1217
On May 26 2012 08:34 Acid~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 07:16 wherebugsgo wrote:
We should kill Acid as well cause he kept trying to find any excuse possible to get away from the zealos lynch.


Killing me for making a bad read will not help the town. Let's vig Katina and then we can lynch one of you or VE. I made my case on why at least one of you is scum, I'll dig it up and repost it in the morning if need be.


you can't just lynch one of us, you have to decide which one of us is scum if you actually believe that.

So which one is it?

Why can't we both be scum? Or town?

Since there should be four scum, you need a read from the rest of the player pool too, right? Who would that be?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:40 GMT
#1218
On May 26 2012 08:33 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 08:31 VisceraEyes wrote:
The townie thing to do is to comment on a claim Bugs, you're literally trying to make town buy that AS scum Katina wouldn't be trying to emmulate town play and actually CHOSE to not mention Zealos' claim.

As scum, the IDEA is to emmulate town play, so if I were scum and in Katina's position, I'd have ABSOLUTELY mentioned Zealos' claim, the very notion that scum wouldn't is absolutely ludicrous to me.


the townie thing to do is comment on the claim.

Therefore, not commenting on the claim makes katina town.

Hahaha you make it incredibly difficult for me not to mock you sometimes.


Scum actively try and do the thing that makes them townie...townies do not. Did you have some other point or were you just looking for another excuse to make some underhanded comment about my intelligence?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 23:48:43
May 25 2012 23:48 GMT
#1219
I'm not willing to modkill yet, but it's damn close and I'd like to remind the players to stay civilized. Whether it's insulting players' intelligence or genitalia doesn't matter. There are other ways to make a point. Insult the argument, not the player.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:49 GMT
#1220
On May 26 2012 08:38 VisceraEyes wrote:
Like, you say that your question to Katina was part of your "tactics"...like, you had started to think NT was town at that point...but what about my tactics bugs? You were asking Katina for her read on him to further your read on her, but what about my question trying to further my read on you? It's the exact same thing, except that I was asking you in the spirit of cooperation so that we could try and figure shit out TOGETHER and your response was "I wanna kill VE"

Like....do you see where I'm going with this?


what are you talking about?

I called you scum because you said a couple of shady things. One about balance and another about conforming to your meta or something like that. I wanted to see your reaction.

Had I known you'd explode into a frenzy obviously I wouldn't have done it, but at that point there was nothing I could do to stop you from going into a rabid frenzy over me being scum and making the entire thread into me vs you.

I even straight up said I wasn't ignoring you but I had written down thoughts and forgotten to post them. You didn't accept that though, just like you didn't accept literally anything I said.
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1299
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1299
ByuN 514
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Reynor 280
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 144
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 40
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10639
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps807
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3961
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK7
Other Games
summit1g2589
Liquid`RaSZi2291
fl0m1903
FrodaN1391
B2W.Neo823
olofmeister755
Khaldor478
Beastyqt304
Livibee187
crisheroes177
Mew2King71
ToD52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
BasetradeTV195
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach53
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• 80smullet 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV567
Other Games
• imaqtpie1157
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 57m
Replay Cast
3h 57m
OSC
16h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.