• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8674 users

Magic: The Gathering Mini Mafia - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 90 Next
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
May 25 2012 23:51 GMT
#1221
On May 26 2012 08:28 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 08:20 Tunkeg wrote:
On May 26 2012 08:18 marvellosity wrote:
I think you mistake BM for aggressive. It's an extremely rare thing indeed where I will directly insult someone.

Anyway, are we going to do some scumhunting today or are we going to wait for tomorrow?

Who do people think are good lynch targets at the moment?


Aggressive is good, and fine. If you make it with points. I would like to see you in any setting go up to someone and call them stupid, and not expect at least being called a dick.


So this is going to be a little game irrelevant, but it's true for me.

this is a game, a game based on logic, information, emotion, and a variety of other things.

Players like Palmar and I (among others) are quite aggressive in our approach, yes. I mention Palmar because he's probably the player I played most similarly to, simply through the number of games I played with him and the effectiveness of his style (though I didn't necessarily try to emulate his play). It's a style I use in debates as well; I'm not afraid to attack moral implications of certain beliefs or worldviews because I have a strong conviction for standing up for what one believes in. So far this game, though, I've refrained from using this style because newer players on the forum don't always respond the same way to it that older players did, and it renders the style somewhat ineffective.

Up till about three pages ago I hadn't done anything in my normal style. I've been attacked on meta grounds for not being aggressive before as town. DFM2 comes to mind. LI comes to mind. Those are my recent town games.

This game I wasn't attacked on meta grounds but I have been attacked for apparently being aggressive when I haven't been (which has made me really amused). It means one or a mixture of three things; I'm somehow aggressive without trying to, or I've cracked and I've started letting things slip, or I'm being misrepresented.

I think it may be a mixture of all 3 but up till about 2-3 pages ago I don't think I had done anything to provoke anyone, until I called VE's argument trash and then the half brain comments.


But this isn't a schooldebate. In a schooldebate pissing off the one you discuss with may work in your favour, as he get put off his game. This is why politicians can win debates simply by being better at domination techniques, while all they say is complete and utter nonsense. In this game players have to work together, at least to a certain degree. And pissing off and alianating players lead to a crappy environment. This happend to Cephiro in Liar, he got pissed off. He was right about Palmar all the way, but people picked on him, until he got infuriated, and then he was all of a sudden the bad guy. Same with Sheth, he was threatened that he should be banned because he "played against his wincondintions". I don't think they had a great experience in that game, and I don't think town got anything usefull out of them by this kind of attitude. I could mention many others incidents like it, but these are the most recent.

Host can't and shouldn't do anything about it, the players should, because the only faction that gain anything from calling anyone dumb, or a case dumb is scum. Because a townie should explain why it is wrong, and not take the easy way of saying this is dumb, as it implies the person writing it is dumb, and shouldn't be listened to, shouldn't bother posting, shouldn't even play. A townie should encourage everyone to write, and write as open as they can, so the town can get a read on, and possible cooperate with the one writing. If someone think a person is writing something that is wrong or false or made up, beat them with arguements, not with cheap insults.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:51 GMT
#1222
wbg, Acid case/summary plz?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:52 GMT
#1223
Tunkeg, if you spent half the time scumhunting as talking about arguing, we'd actually be getting somewhere
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:53 GMT
#1224
yeah I brb respond to everything in like 45. dota.
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
May 25 2012 23:56 GMT
#1225
On May 26 2012 08:52 marvellosity wrote:
Tunkeg, if you spent half the time scumhunting as talking about arguing, we'd actually be getting somewhere


True. I'll try to calmdown by tomorrow and be of any use.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:56 GMT
#1226
Just answer the question: how is ignoring my question helping anyone? I mean, I get it...you didn't want to "give scum information" or whatever...but you still haven't addressed the main point of "if you employ that tactic, how is anyone to get a read on you"...which is important considering you're trying to lead town at this point - you have to establish your innocence in some fashion, and ignoring peoples' questions about your reads is anything but.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:57 GMT
#1227
On May 26 2012 08:56 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 08:52 marvellosity wrote:
Tunkeg, if you spent half the time scumhunting as talking about arguing, we'd actually be getting somewhere


True. I'll try to calmdown by tomorrow and be of any use.


No dude try and calm down now - there are people here and we can actually do some shit.

-.-

I'm starting to think this is futile.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:57 GMT
#1228
On May 26 2012 08:56 Tunkeg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 08:52 marvellosity wrote:
Tunkeg, if you spent half the time scumhunting as talking about arguing, we'd actually be getting somewhere


True. I'll try to calmdown by tomorrow and be of any use.


That'd be pretty cool.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:58 GMT
#1229
Is wbg still your main scumread VE?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:59 GMT
#1230
I don't know anymore - but at this point if I push him further it will only ensure that he won't get lynched because "there goes VE again" so I'm trying to find NON-Bugs scum.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 26 2012 00:02 GMT
#1231
Right, 2 more apart from him.

I'll tell you partly why I get a town-read from Matt. We had our little tete a tete when I said he could be scum etc for his posting and coming back to normality.

imo if he was scum, he wouldn't have lost his rag at my prodding and sworn at me a bunch of times.
It seems a genuinely town reaction.

It would have had to have been a faked scum reaction to swear at me like that, and it was totally unreasonable and I do not believe Matt is totally unreasonable even when he is making plays.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 26 2012 00:04 GMT
#1232
screw steam, load a game then someone d/cs, load another lol

I'm pretty sure the most likely players to be scum are those who are not involved in this conversation right now.

VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 26 2012 00:06 GMT
#1233
Well, I mean it would be all to easy to fake an angry reaction - anger is the easiest thing to fake, you just have to throw a few curse words in there and that's that. The question is: do you believe the reaction was genuine IN CONTEXT. Like, do you think he had any reason to be as angry as he did? Because believing the reaction is genuine is one thing, but it has to make sense too in order for it to be genuine. Does Matt's "genuine frustration" seem understandable to you?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 26 2012 00:07 GMT
#1234
On May 26 2012 09:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
screw steam, load a game then someone d/cs, load another lol

I'm pretty sure the most likely players to be scum are those who are not involved in this conversation right now.



You're describing every ranked game of LoL I've ever played.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 26 2012 00:10 GMT
#1235
On May 26 2012 09:06 VisceraEyes wrote:
Well, I mean it would be all to easy to fake an angry reaction - anger is the easiest thing to fake, you just have to throw a few curse words in there and that's that. The question is: do you believe the reaction was genuine IN CONTEXT. Like, do you think he had any reason to be as angry as he did? Because believing the reaction is genuine is one thing, but it has to make sense too in order for it to be genuine. Does Matt's "genuine frustration" seem understandable to you?


No, no, it's not just throwing in curse words. iirc, he said "shut the fuck up" to me twice and called me a dipshit. That's not just an angry reaction, that's specifically swearing at me in a way that he would know would be mod-warnable.

If Matt is scum and did that I think it's pretty damn low, and I don't think he is.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 26 2012 00:11 GMT
#1236
As in, it's only justifiable as a genuine reaction to his disbelief that I'd think like that. I can be pretty sarcasmo.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 26 2012 00:13 GMT
#1237
I mean, you missed the point, but that's okay...I'll just go reread the exchange myself.

What do you think about Katina, marv? Bugs and I have made our opinions known on the implications of Zealos' flip regarding Katina, but I don't recall your input.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 26 2012 00:13 GMT
#1238
No, I didn't miss the point - you're asking me to look at it from one point of view, and I find it pointless to do so when the point of view I am looking at gives me a decisive opinion already.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 26 2012 00:16 GMT
#1239
I mean, I can't accept that with my new Zen mindstate - we look at things from different viewpoints to see if the "decisive opinion" we've already arrived at still makes sense.

.....kay?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
May 26 2012 00:16 GMT
#1240
I think the VE and WBG agurements are stupid.

Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 554
Railgan 60
MindelVK 27
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68105
Calm 10777
Bisu 2428
FanTaSy 857
Stork 731
Rush 560
soO 486
firebathero 213
Snow 179
Last 176
[ Show more ]
Mind 100
Light 98
hero 95
Pusan 78
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 56
Free 44
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 34
Mong 33
Bale 33
Sexy 24
Aegong 21
zelot 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
Shine 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Rock 6
scan(afreeca) 6
Terrorterran 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6951
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m3652
byalli787
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns38757
singsing2344
B2W.Neo568
Liquid`RaSZi418
Beastyqt269
Pyrionflax248
Happy197
Hui .116
Trikslyr48
Chillindude15
Mlord2
Khaldor0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 103
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV500
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis2955
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1381
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
OSC
9h 43m
Replay Cast
9h 43m
OSC
22h 43m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.