• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9649 users

Magic: The Gathering Mini Mafia - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 90 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 22:46 GMT
#1161
If you want me to leave just say so - the power is in your hands completely. I play because I enjoy it, but if it's making others' experience less enjoyable then I'll fucking leave, no big shakes.

You want me to fucking leave Bugs? I mean, I'm going to be playing here and the chances of me being SK VE are pretty fucking slim, so what the fuck
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 22:47 GMT
#1162
On May 26 2012 07:31 wherebugsgo wrote:

Like, if you remember LI with the Toad/VE thing, in a situation like this when a scum flips after having pushed someone else pretty heavily, you have almost no way of knowing what the other guy is except based on his own behavior. In LI that was apparent through Toad's own behavior like his own bad claim and his own lack of scumhunting.



Also, you don't really have the right to claim this. It was you, specifically you, that raged against the thread and me in particular telling me that Toad was probably town because of his 'meta'.

Don't come here and say it was apparent toad was scum when you were the one who defended him most.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 22:48 GMT
#1163
And just because I don't want this buried

On May 26 2012 07:45 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 07:31 wherebugsgo wrote:
that last post was @ VE btw, sorry.

On May 26 2012 07:26 marvellosity wrote:
Nova/Matt - have a think about this.

What do you think Zealos hoped to achieve by claiming?

Let's say for now, Scenario A: Hiro is townie. Two things can come of his claim:

1) people believe him for the moment and lynch Hiro, who flips town, and Zealos gets auto-lynched the next day
2) people don't believe him and he gets lynched immediately.

So it's either a 1 for 1 (never normally good for mafia) or it's a straight up death. I haven't done it yet but the one thing I really really need to do is go back and see just how many votes Zealos had at the time he 'breadcrumbed' his check. So, at best in this scenario, Zealos is making a 50% play for a 1 for 1.

Or there is scenario B

Hiro is scum. Two things can come of the claim

1) people don't believe him and Zealos gets lynched, Hiro gets town credit, especially as he's been attacking Zealos
2) people believe him, Hiro gets lynched as scum and Zealos gets a butt-tonne of town credit for 'catching' a scum

Further thoughts: why did Zealos choose Hiro? Seriously, think about this. The easiest way for people to believe your claim is if people believe your target is scummy. Zealos could have chosen, say, zelblade who he even made a case on. He could have chosen Nova_Terra (bolding because choosing him absolutely seems the logical play) who was under HEAVY pressure. Nova would absolutely have been the best guy to fake a claim on. He could even have chosen Katina the uberlurker. But he chose Hiro, who had, what, no suspicion on him? Did anyone suspect Hiro before Zealos' fabricated case on him?

All this leads me to think Scenario B is the most likely.


We need to consider Hiro on his own terms because arguments about whether he's scum or not in light of Zealos flipping scum are kind of wifomy.

Like, if you remember LI with the Toad/VE thing, in a situation like this when a scum flips after having pushed someone else pretty heavily, you have almost no way of knowing what the other guy is except based on his own behavior. In LI that was apparent through Toad's own behavior like his own bad claim and his own lack of scumhunting.

Hiro hasn't particularly scumhunted but he'll be forced to now that Zealos is dead and the main pressure is gone. So, we take this upcoming day to watch him carefully.

Is he a good lynch for tomorrow? No, as we need a bit of time to determine his alignment. I would say though, that tomorrow is a great time to lynch Acid or Katina.


I think you are too quick to dismiss it was wifomy. Of course it is somewhat speculative, and no we shouldn't lynch Hiro on the basis of this alone.

But what is playing mafia about at its core? It is about motivations, and especially motivations behind actions. Here we have a very specific action (Zealos choosing Hiro to fake claim on) from a confirmed scum. It is absolutely necessary to think about why Zealos chose HiroPro.

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 22:49 GMT
#1164
sure, I agree.

but remember that from a town hiro perspective he's going to be tunneled on zealos solely because of the pressure, right? So from his experience he's not going to have the ability nor the time to scumhunt much. So regardless of his actual alignment the attack is going to destroy his d2 because he's going to do almost nothing but just OMGUS Zealos.

Like, look at how VE's attack on me has affected my play. I can't shake or ignore his attacks because I don't know what his alignment is. I have to consider that they might be genuine and so I need to respond to things that are brought up. If he is scum then what does that say about me? Again, it could say almost anything if you just consider player interaction.

That's why I think we need time to consider hiro's behavior on its own. Based on how slow stuff goes in this town I don't think it'd be a great idea to lynch hiro tomorrow because the turnaround would be too fast.

I'm curious as to what hiro has to say about all of this.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 22:50 GMT
#1165
It's as Bugs said marvel - he was hoping that the claim would be self-confirming because no one particularly thinks Hiro is town (at least, not vocally)...that's my assumption. If his actions didn't completely contradict the claim, I might have just accepted Hiro as a target: he's actually a really good check if you think about it.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 22:51 GMT
#1166
He would say "lol I'm town" regardless of his alignment I imagine.

You answer me bugs - why did Zealos choose HiroPro, instead of someone like Nova_Terra? I want to know what you think the motivation behind that was.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 22:53 GMT
#1167
On May 26 2012 07:51 marvellosity wrote:
He would say "lol I'm town" regardless of his alignment I imagine.

You answer me bugs - why did Zealos choose HiroPro, instead of someone like Nova_Terra? I want to know what you think the motivation behind that was.


Oooooo, the plot thickens. It seems to me that if Nova_Terra were town, N_T would have been a MUCH better check-claim than Hiro, considering the counter-wagon D1 and all the shit Katina and I were tossing at him D1. This is an excellent point Marvel.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 22:53 GMT
#1168
On May 26 2012 07:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
If you want me to leave just say so - the power is in your hands completely. I play because I enjoy it, but if it's making others' experience less enjoyable then I'll fucking leave, no big shakes.

You want me to fucking leave Bugs? I mean, I'm going to be playing here and the chances of me being SK VE are pretty fucking slim, so what the fuck


town VE wouldn't leave, now would he?

I don't know what you wish to accomplish by exaggerating things and creating drama, but when you make ultimatums like "it's going to be between me and you" and "we're going to have to settle this eventually" and stupid stuff like that, then it's clear to me that you have an agenda.

If your agenda is to kill me then I can confidently say it's anti-town. I can't say for sure if it's pro-scum since I need to see you play more games. Your last game proved that you're more than willing to simply go against the grain just because you believe the person who is going for the grain is scum. It's irrational from my perspective, but perhaps to you it makes some sort of sense as town. I have no idea. Since I saw that I have reservations about calling you scum. I also know that if you are scum and I retaliate it can result in the nuclear destruction of this thread, much worse than what has happened already. I know that from LI.

So, put yourself in my shoes. What would you do?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 22:55 GMT
#1169
Piss off bugs, I'm just done responding to you entirely. Me and marvel are going to win this for us, because marvel doesn't have to be insulting when he speaks to people.

So go ahead and freak out about whether or not I'm scum. I know you're scum, so I'm just going to wait until town sees it too and not worry about it anymore.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 22:56 GMT
#1170
On May 26 2012 07:55 VisceraEyes wrote:
Piss off bugs, I'm just done responding to you entirely. Me and marvel are going to win this for us, because marvel doesn't have to be insulting when he speaks to people.

So go ahead and freak out about whether or not I'm scum. I know you're scum, so I'm just going to wait until town sees it too and not worry about it anymore.


I think you're forgetting where I swore at Matt
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 22:57 GMT
#1171
I saw it, he lost his cool entirely at that point....I think I commented on it too.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 22:58 GMT
#1172
I was just joking around because you said I don't have to be insulting when I talk to people ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:00 GMT
#1173
so you become mad when I don't respond to you.

Then you become even madder when I actually do respond to you?

I was right, absolutely nothing I do can ever convince you that I am town. Which means you are scum.

@Marvellosity: I'm looking through both Hiro's and Zealos's filters now. I think you may have a valid point about hiro but I want to be cautious, which is why I'm reluctant to lynch hiro tomorrow. I am much more confident about Acid, but if Acid is shot tonight and flips scum then we might be in a good spot.

What's interesting in hiro's filter is that he doesn't really mention Zealos at all ever until d2 when he takes your case and votes with it. It could very well have been a bus as there were so many votes on Zealos. As hiro was one of the earliest votes on zealos that would make him a prime candidate to be scum with him, since when scum bus they usually put one or two buddies on the wagon (one early and one later) and then put the fourth guy somewhere else, sometimes even soft defending the bussed guy.

VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 25 2012 23:00 GMT
#1174
Like, here's what I don't get...the moment I start trying to forget that Bugs is scum so the thread can get something accomplished, THIS is when Bugs loses HIS cool and starts to "retaliate"...I've been relatively cool and collected until now where Bugs is concerned, and have been asking his opinion on stuff. While it's true that I've thrown in the occasional "but ur next" and "but ur still scum" or whatever, I thought the smileys made it evident that I'm trying to move past what my tunnel-mode was doing to my play earlier.

So why NOW? Why would Bugs suddenly give a shit about my play NOW when I'm trying to move past it? That's what I'm meditating on as I go smoke a cigarette. :S
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
May 25 2012 23:01 GMT
#1175
On May 26 2012 07:55 VisceraEyes wrote:
Piss off bugs, I'm just done responding to you entirely. Me and marvel are going to win this for us, because marvel doesn't have to be insulting when he speaks to people.

So go ahead and freak out about whether or not I'm scum. I know you're scum, so I'm just going to wait until town sees it too and not worry about it anymore.


Hey VE, I am going to sheep my vote on to you. Partly because WBG is a fucking dick, and partly because you are the one that can win us this game.

But you are wrong about marvel, he is pretty much as BM as it gets, non the less he is probably town this game.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
May 25 2012 23:02 GMT
#1176
On May 26 2012 08:00 VisceraEyes wrote:
Like, here's what I don't get...the moment I start trying to forget that Bugs is scum so the thread can get something accomplished, THIS is when Bugs loses HIS cool and starts to "retaliate"...


That's false and you know it.

I've been relatively cool and collected until now where Bugs is concerned, and have been asking his opinion on stuff. While it's true that I've thrown in the occasional "but ur next" and "but ur still scum" or whatever, I thought the smileys made it evident that I'm trying to move past what my tunnel-mode was doing to my play earlier.


Also false, you've sworn at me at least five or six times. You have been far from cool and collected.


So why NOW? Why would Bugs suddenly give a shit about my play NOW when I'm trying to move past it? That's what I'm meditating on as I go smoke a cigarette. :S


Because after 40 or 50 posts of the same tired bullshit, anyone can get pissed off.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:03 GMT
#1177
On May 26 2012 08:01 Tunkeg wrote:

But you are wrong about marvel, he is pretty much as BM as it gets, non the less he is probably town this game.


Go away. This is just a nasty lie.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:04 GMT
#1178
I presume Tunkey gets mod-killed now he has

a) had a warning for giving up
b) called someone a fucking dick
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tunkeg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Norway1235 Posts
May 25 2012 23:06 GMT
#1179
On May 26 2012 08:04 marvellosity wrote:
I presume Tunkey gets mod-killed now he has

a) had a warning for giving up
b) called someone a fucking dick


Calling for modkills are perfectly fine is it?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 25 2012 23:06 GMT
#1180
With your behaviour, I think so yes.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1273
BeSt 333
Soulkey 238
Soma 223
sorry 144
Mind 64
Larva 52
Bale 26
ZerO 25
soO 21
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
scan(afreeca) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 595
Counter-Strike
edward134
Other Games
summit1g9077
Coldzera 687
WinterStarcraft652
singsing377
Sick215
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos959
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.