• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8880 users

TL Mafia LI - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 131 Next
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 11 2012 02:57 GMT
#1101
##vote Katina
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
April 11 2012 02:59 GMT
#1102
On April 11 2012 11:27 EchelonTee wrote:
@Jdub Mafia have 3 KP. I shot, so that means 4KP is accounted for. One more shot had to have come from a Vig, either scum or town aligned, for 5 to be accounted for. We don't know if Jackal or sputnik.theory managed to get their shots off as they didn't claim.

Also, TL L had 4 vigilantes for 50 players. 3 vigilantes for 30 players is a slightly higher ratio, but considering the possibility of Mafia medic or vig (L had JOAT possible, but were 0 in the game), 3 or even 4 town vigs could be possible. If you think I am lying about being a town aligned vig, then have at me.

I think it's very possible you're lying. I'm thinking its possible that you're scum that said you'd shoot michaelthe, but used it as part of mafia KP, to make it seem like you killed him. I think it's very possible for you to be scum.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 11 2012 03:00 GMT
#1103
maybe im getting worse at this. my reads have been entirely wrong this game
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 11 2012 03:02 GMT
#1104
GM, update the Filters with the replacements!
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 11 2012 03:03 GMT
#1105
Gonzaw: I reread your analysis on Toad and I think it's definitely possible for him to be mafia. But I don't like having a case built entirely off meta and I would like more evidence before voting.

Thoughts on more players are coming soon.
Enjoy your day.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
April 11 2012 03:06 GMT
#1106
On April 11 2012 11:59 johnnywup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 11:27 EchelonTee wrote:
@Jdub Mafia have 3 KP. I shot, so that means 4KP is accounted for. One more shot had to have come from a Vig, either scum or town aligned, for 5 to be accounted for. We don't know if Jackal or sputnik.theory managed to get their shots off as they didn't claim.

Also, TL L had 4 vigilantes for 50 players. 3 vigilantes for 30 players is a slightly higher ratio, but considering the possibility of Mafia medic or vig (L had JOAT possible, but were 0 in the game), 3 or even 4 town vigs could be possible. If you think I am lying about being a town aligned vig, then have at me.

I think it's very possible you're lying. I'm thinking its possible that you're scum that said you'd shoot michaelthe, but used it as part of mafia KP, to make it seem like you killed him. I think it's very possible for you to be scum.

I really doubt this. Mafia only have 3 KP and I don't think anybody would choose to vig Sloosh/MG/Jackal over some of the other players. ET is extremely likely town at this point.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
April 11 2012 03:10 GMT
#1107
Actually cancel that. I didn't realize there was mafia vigs. He could be a mafia vig.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 11 2012 03:13 GMT
#1108
@I think your case on Toad isn't that good; the filter analysis does not conclusively show that Toad is acting scummy. He doesn't seem quite as townie as he did in TL L, but it was a much better environment then. I would say that it is really hard to read Toad because of the way he writes. It's not big and wide like your posting, or savagely ironic like FF, but it's really big and concentrated so it's hard to get intent from him. Overall though, I don't feel like he has been pushing scum agendas or been very disruptive. It's possible that Toad and VE have a scum connection of sorts, but I would be more suspicious of VE overall at this point. He isn't acting at all like he usually does as town.

VE, can you link us some games you've played as scum? At least 3+ games if possible. For some reason I can't search past 10 pages, and all of your recent games have been town.

On WBG.... the latter half of his D1 play resembles how he looked in DF2(town), so there's that. I wouldn't put it past him to make big plays as scum, so even if Hassy flips red at sometime it doesn't clear WBG. WBG's scum play is fairly dangerous, but I wouldn't be pushing him atm as I feel he has been pretty townie. Can't ignore him, though.




My head is spinning atm and I've got 2 term papers to write. Here are some thoughts about what can be done at this moment, I'll expand when I get back.

1. The Janaan vs. Hassybaby wagons. It's strange that the Hassy wagon was formed pretty much out of the blue by WBG, yet one of the main people against the vote switch, michealthe, flipped town so the resistance wasn't a fully concentrated effort to stop an attack on Hassy. I was planning on pushing Hassybaby hard today if micheal flipped red, but atm, the question of is Hassybaby scum should be on everyone's mind.

2. What is up with VE, and to some extent BH: I've seen both be loud, spammy, confident. While BH has been partly like his past town games, VE hasn't been at all. However have either pushed forth scum agendas actively? sloosh and jackal are two known good town players (sloosh belongs to be in the conversation, imo), so it makes sense that they were shot in that respect, but as time goes on, VE and BH should be under scrutiny.

3. Lurking?? Now is the time to halp town: A big problem with town atmosphere atm is that there are a lot of people lurking. I understand that people get busy and it's hard to keep up with a big game like this, but we REALLY NEED to be able to get reads and stances on the major lynch targets of the day. I especially have my eye on Tunkeg and Zealos; both put their votes down on people who had no chance of being lynched.


aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 11 2012 03:13 GMT
#1109
I'm confident in my town read on ET, which makes me think he's town vig, not scum.
Whether ET is scum or not, it still means there's 1 unaccounted KP. Either it was made by a scum vig that didn't claim, made by another town vig that hasn't showed up yet, or it was made by Jackal, or maybe even ST (if he vigged someone else and scum killed ST, VERY unlikely).

I doubt scum would have a vig that would rise their KP to 4 though, unless it's 1-shot, but still seems unlikely (and I don't think I've ever seen a mafia game with scum vigs).

Grack, what are your thoughts on my cases against VE and Toad? And what about my thoughts on wbg? What do you think of wbg?
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 11 2012 03:19 GMT
#1110
Alright after re-reading VE/Toad "planned bus" post by Gonzaw I am going to change my stance on Toad. I do think it's interesting, especially because they both contributed to the weird Hassy bandwagon.


On April 11 2012 12:13 EchelonTee wrote:
@I think your case on Toad isn't that good; the filter analysis does not conclusively show that Toad is acting scummy. He doesn't seem quite as townie as he did in TL L, but it was a much better environment then. I would say that it is really hard to read Toad because of the way he writes. It's not big and wide like your posting, or savagely ironic like FF, but it's really big and concentrated so it's hard to get intent from him. Overall though, I don't feel like he has been pushing scum agendas or been very disruptive. It's possible that Toad and VE have a scum connection of sorts, but I would be more suspicious of VE overall at this point. He isn't acting at all like he usually does as town.

The reason why it's scummy in Toad's circumstance isn't just because it aligns with his meta-- you said it yourself, making a lot of large posts makes it hard to read people. Now gonzaw does this too (making huge posts) but this is his usual meta. Toad doing it is interesting which is why I'm going to vote for him.

##Vote: Toadesstern

I g2g but I will look into WBG later.
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 11 2012 03:19 GMT
#1111
Nice ninja vote on me Kenpachi. Care to explain?
Enjoy your day.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 11 2012 03:20 GMT
#1112
On April 11 2012 11:59 johnnywup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 11:27 EchelonTee wrote:
@Jdub Mafia have 3 KP. I shot, so that means 4KP is accounted for. One more shot had to have come from a Vig, either scum or town aligned, for 5 to be accounted for. We don't know if Jackal or sputnik.theory managed to get their shots off as they didn't claim.

Also, TL L had 4 vigilantes for 50 players. 3 vigilantes for 30 players is a slightly higher ratio, but considering the possibility of Mafia medic or vig (L had JOAT possible, but were 0 in the game), 3 or even 4 town vigs could be possible. If you think I am lying about being a town aligned vig, then have at me.

I think it's very possible you're lying. I'm thinking its possible that you're scum that said you'd shoot michaelthe, but used it as part of mafia KP, to make it seem like you killed him. I think it's very possible for you to be scum.

It is of course possible that I am scum. However, since no other vigs claimed their shots we cannot be sure if Jackal or S.T. managed to get their shots off; I'm not sure that you realize that Vigs can die without shooting, since you think that me shooting would cause there to be 6KP. Vigs aren't compulsive; I'm guessing that Jackal shot S.T, and S.T. didnt shoot (didn't have any scum reads).

It's WIFOM whether or not you think I'm lying, but myself claiming a shot on a dead townie doesn't make much sense from a scum perspective. If I was scum and had shot michealthe, I wouldn't have claimed it simply put, and because Mafia vigs are possible, this doesn't give me any town credit in any respect. I'm a regretful town vig, you can believe me or not, but that is the truth.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 11 2012 03:21 GMT
#1113
On April 11 2012 12:13 gonzaw wrote:
I doubt scum would have a vig that would rise their KP to 4 though, unless it's 1-shot, but still seems unlikely (and I don't think I've ever seen a mafia game with scum vigs).

Avoid assumptions like this. In TL LII JubJub, my scum team had a 2 shot day vig. People were like "caller HAS to be town, giving scum a 2shot day vig is OP". Anything can happen =/
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 11 2012 03:36 GMT
#1114
hmmm wtf I lived :/ VE living as well is also really weird. I would've expected at least one of us to die, but I think that this could possibly mean VE is scum.

Adam and Hassy are good choices for lynch today IMO. I'll be back later (either tonight or tomorrow) with more thoughts as I go back and reread.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
April 11 2012 04:01 GMT
#1115
Well... I don't know how to recover from this. I can't believe sputnik was town... My read on michaelthe was wrong too. I'm going to believe ET's claim bc I can't see mafia killing someone I thought was scum. Makes me question my thoughts, but I still feel like VE and johnnywup are scum. Why did you pick michaelthe over johnnywup ET?

I have only read the day post and the posts since then. I'll look at more and post my thoughts.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 11 2012 04:01 GMT
#1116
Care to say why you think Adam is a good lynch?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 11 2012 04:07 GMT
#1117
That's what I'd like to know.

At a guess its because of my small filter, which I have explained, I was sick.


If that's not it, then ask me about something I have said and I will answer to the best of my ability as to why I said it.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 11 2012 04:12 GMT
#1118
On April 11 2012 12:36 wherebugsgo wrote:
hmmm wtf I lived :/ VE living as well is also really weird. I would've expected at least one of us to die, but I think that this could possibly mean VE is scum.

Adam and Hassy are good choices for lynch today IMO. I'll be back later (either tonight or tomorrow) with more thoughts as I go back and reread.


I could be convinced to switch to Hassy, but Toad has support and I think I can convince you that he's scum.

I'm rereading D1. By my estimation, MidnightGladius was killed to incriminate me specifically. It's the only explanation I can reasonably believe. I think scum killed MG. The fact that you're still alive concerns me, but really only indicates that whoever is "leading" the scumteam is probably inexperienced, and therefore isn't you. That was a disproportional number of blue deaths though...

We'll see what a reread brings. I'll explain my vote on Toad and give my other scumreads.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
April 11 2012 04:12 GMT
#1119
On April 11 2012 13:07 Adam4167 wrote:
That's what I'd like to know.

At a guess its because of my small filter, which I have explained, I was sick.


If that's not it, then ask me about something I have said and I will answer to the best of my ability as to why I said it.


If you were sick enough not to look at a computer screen why not replace out? I don't believe you. I used excuses to lurk all the time when I was scum. Seems like a legit vote to me.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 11 2012 04:22 GMT
#1120
On April 11 2012 13:12 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 13:07 Adam4167 wrote:
That's what I'd like to know.

At a guess its because of my small filter, which I have explained, I was sick.


If that's not it, then ask me about something I have said and I will answer to the best of my ability as to why I said it.


If you were sick enough not to look at a computer screen why not replace out? I don't believe you. I used excuses to lurk all the time when I was scum. Seems like a legit vote to me.


Judging by how many replacements have already happened, I didn't want to put GM in that position.

My sickness was passing, so I decided to ride it out rather then request a replacement.

If your case against me amounts to "I think you're lying about something that happened in real life", then that is not a case at all, and hardly a 'legit vote'.
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 131 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 624
ProTech133
UpATreeSC 126
Nina 76
JuggernautJason51
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28860
Calm 2611
Mini 160
firebathero 117
Dewaltoss 101
soO 58
NaDa 29
HiyA 26
Bale 25
PianO 16
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6820
XaKoH 384
monkeys_forever77
canceldota28
League of Legends
Doublelift1657
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1554
fl0m1434
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu730
Other Games
FrodaN2057
Beastyqt605
B2W.Neo418
mouzStarbuck365
Livibee188
ToD157
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe142
Trikslyr123
RotterdaM108
Mew2King49
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1053
• Shiphtur739
• WagamamaTV245
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 21m
Replay Cast
3h 6m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.