• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8644 users

A Game of Thrones Mafia - Page 70

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 73 Next
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
April 05 2012 03:34 GMT
#1381
chaoser the vote on acro was genius and yet it almost killed him day 1.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 03:37:00
April 05 2012 03:36 GMT
#1382
On April 05 2012 12:32 Mattchew wrote:
also,
Show nested quote +
The way he is moving his vote around and seems to care about the lynch target makes me think he is town.

do i need to jackie chan meme you?


Lies. I'll swear by the correlation between number of unvotes and ones alignment, even if it didn't work this time. (and now people will purposely multi-unvote as scum just to throw me off -_-)
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 03:37:22
April 05 2012 03:36 GMT
#1383
On April 05 2012 12:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 12:32 Mattchew wrote:
also,
The way he is moving his vote around and seems to care about the lynch target makes me think he is town.

do i need to jackie chan meme you?


Lies. I'll swear by the correlation between number of unvotes and ones alignment, even if it didn't work this time.

this is immediately nullified when you look at how he was coming to each decision
edit: and their when their experience level is 0
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 03:39:38
April 05 2012 03:38 GMT
#1384
On April 05 2012 12:34 Mattchew wrote:
chaoser the vote on acro was genius and yet it almost killed him day 1.


lol, i knew he wouldn't be lynched. I had trust in our newbie card powers. Plus it was easy to deflect any suspicions on him on to the people voting for him by saying they are trying to make a case out of nothing.

oh, what's the observer QT pleaseee
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 03:45:18
April 05 2012 03:44 GMT
#1385
On April 05 2012 12:36 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 12:36 kitaman27 wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:32 Mattchew wrote:
also,
The way he is moving his vote around and seems to care about the lynch target makes me think he is town.

do i need to jackie chan meme you?


Lies. I'll swear by the correlation between number of unvotes and ones alignment, even if it didn't work this time.

this is immediately nullified when you look at how he was coming to each decision
edit: and their when their experience level is 0


I don't think it makes him look horrible. No different than a townie moving his vote around targeting the lurkers.

I know that I absolutely hate to vote for multiple players during a single day as scum because it draws suspicion from the players you target, even if it is subconscious. It's much easier to try to find a reason that you are suspicious of someone (similar to chaoser's case on risk's opinion of GreYMist's joke) and ride it for the next four days,
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
April 05 2012 03:48 GMT
#1386
On April 05 2012 12:44 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 12:36 Mattchew wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:36 kitaman27 wrote:
On April 05 2012 12:32 Mattchew wrote:
also,
The way he is moving his vote around and seems to care about the lynch target makes me think he is town.

do i need to jackie chan meme you?


Lies. I'll swear by the correlation between number of unvotes and ones alignment, even if it didn't work this time.

this is immediately nullified when you look at how he was coming to each decision
edit: and their when their experience level is 0


I don't think it makes him look horrible. No different than a townie moving his vote around targeting the lurkers.

I know that I absolutely hate to vote for multiple players during a single day as scum because it draws suspicion from the players you target, even if it is subconscious. It's much easier to try to find a reason that you are suspicious of someone (similar to chaoser's case on risk's opinion of GreYMist's joke) and ride it for the next four days,

The way he worded each of his vote switches screamed that he didn't want to take any responsibility for who was lynched... he just wanted to blend in and smile at everyone to put them at ease.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
April 05 2012 04:03 GMT
#1387
I still don't understand how Risen got lynched over Acro when he claimed DT with a scumcheck. Given that Acro would almost certainly not have been framed, he had to be either a miller or scum or Risen is lying. If it is the latter then you just did a 1 for 1 and you are happy. To me lynching Acro was the only logical course of action. What turned Alderan into scum in my eyes was this post:
On March 25 2012 15:19 Alderan wrote:
Risen is keeping up this whole farce that Acro is getting lynched today.

Is anyone planning on voting Acro?

That's what I thought....


##Vote: Risen

Greymist is next....

Not only was he ignoring what I saw as the obvious course of action, he was proposing that the next day Greymist should be lynched, ignoring the possibility that Acro would be convicted by Risen happening to tell the truth. I was so sure I was going to be vindicated in that read, oh well...
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
April 05 2012 04:04 GMT
#1388
On April 05 2012 12:38 chaoser wrote:
oh, what's the observer QT pleaseee


I don't believe one ever got made, I badgered Curu a bit for one but nothing ever came of it.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
April 05 2012 04:10 GMT
#1389
On April 05 2012 13:03 DoYouHas wrote:
I still don't understand how Risen got lynched over Acro when he claimed DT with a scumcheck. Given that Acro would almost certainly not have been framed, he had to be either a miller or scum or Risen is lying. If it is the latter then you just did a 1 for 1 and you are happy. To me lynching Acro was the only logical course of action. What turned Alderan into scum in my eyes was this post:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 15:19 Alderan wrote:
Risen is keeping up this whole farce that Acro is getting lynched today.

Is anyone planning on voting Acro?

That's what I thought....


##Vote: Risen

Greymist is next....

Not only was he ignoring what I saw as the obvious course of action, he was proposing that the next day Greymist should be lynched, ignoring the possibility that Acro would be convicted by Risen happening to tell the truth. I was so sure I was going to be vindicated in that read, oh well...


I was under the same impression as you. I now know town doesn't act logically. Whatevs, bad play from me to claim in response to wbg saying he was shooting me. Live and learn.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 05 2012 04:16 GMT
#1390
LOL

so funny. This game I trolled super hard because Palmar always trolls as third party and ends up winning. It worked somehow.

People tend to listen to you subconsciously if you keep repeatngthe same shit really loudly over and over lool
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 05 2012 04:24 GMT
#1391
On March 23 2012 04:50 Oberyn wrote:
wherebugsgo

I dislike you as a human being.

I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
April 05 2012 04:26 GMT
#1392
Wbg I was wondering if your win condition was see how many people you could get to buy into just the argument "you are stupid"
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 04:28:38
April 05 2012 04:26 GMT
#1393
On April 05 2012 13:10 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 13:03 DoYouHas wrote:
I still don't understand how Risen got lynched over Acro when he claimed DT with a scumcheck. Given that Acro would almost certainly not have been framed, he had to be either a miller or scum or Risen is lying. If it is the latter then you just did a 1 for 1 and you are happy. To me lynching Acro was the only logical course of action. What turned Alderan into scum in my eyes was this post:
On March 25 2012 15:19 Alderan wrote:
Risen is keeping up this whole farce that Acro is getting lynched today.

Is anyone planning on voting Acro?

That's what I thought....


##Vote: Risen

Greymist is next....

Not only was he ignoring what I saw as the obvious course of action, he was proposing that the next day Greymist should be lynched, ignoring the possibility that Acro would be convicted by Risen happening to tell the truth. I was so sure I was going to be vindicated in that read, oh well...


I was under the same impression as you. I now know town doesn't act logically. Whatevs, bad play from me to claim in response to wbg saying he was shooting me. Live and learn.


You played horribly. The only reason you were lynched was because of your horrible play. Town acted logically given the information it had, both of you needed to be lynched, regardless of the alignment of the other. You could have been mafia bussing, who knows? Don't claim DT unless it's 100% needed like endgame or you have 2+ mafia checked.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
April 05 2012 04:29 GMT
#1394
It was definitely not a good time to claim. But once it was out there, how to deal with it should have been plain, and it wasn't lynching Risen before Acro.
Guts? Determination? $5?
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
April 05 2012 04:40 GMT
#1395
On April 05 2012 12:13 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 12:09 GreYMisT wrote:
I though WBG had the biggest Tunnel goggles i had ever seen.

Clearly I need to reevaluate my stance on that.


why would you even worry about WBG? lol. I didn't reply to a single thing of his all game and just ignored him. A nonkillable/nonlynchable player shouldn't be given any thought. He's just a stump third party.


Im talking about in general, not in this game.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 05 2012 04:44 GMT
#1396
On April 05 2012 13:29 DoYouHas wrote:
It was definitely not a good time to claim. But once it was out there, how to deal with it should have been plain, and it wasn't lynching Risen before Acro.


Risen was being scummy as fuck. Lynch the person who is scummier obviously. Mafia can claim DT any day of the week if they thought they were sure to be lynched the next day and say someone else was checked to be mafia. The correct play is thus not to "lynch DT's check first and then DT" but rather "Lynch who you think is scummier." Risen was super scummy with his shitty reasoning, bad claim, and his logic (I am sure Acro is mafia, I'll ask someone to please check grey even though I am DT)
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 04:47:41
April 05 2012 04:47 GMT
#1397
the moral of this game, If someone posts your name in red enough and scream it loud enough eventually people will vote you.

Interesting analysis tactic, I'll have to use it sometime.

You guys ruined my perfect record of never being lynched as town. Assholes.

I mean this in the best possible non passive aggressive way
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 05 2012 04:53 GMT
#1398
WBG's role was pretty interesting. why wasn't he removed when he achieved his wincon?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 05 2012 05:07 GMT
#1399
On April 05 2012 13:53 EchelonTee wrote:
WBG's role was pretty interesting. why wasn't he removed when he achieved his wincon?


I didn't achieve it till n5.

I needed 2 kills and 3 to survive. That was only achieved the last night because scum shot Oberyn for some retarded reason (was it scum or a vig? I don't even know/care)

Also yes, my goal was clearly to convince everyone they were stupid :p

But yes, this town was god awful. I knew Risen was town but I got him lynched anyway because he made it so easy (and I had targetted him)

The layabout lynch was incredibly retarded.

Beyond that I made no analysis. On day 2 I figured acro and xatalos were scum. I figured chaoser had to be scm ecause he was alve. Other than that I didn;'t care
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
April 05 2012 05:35 GMT
#1400
Haha, good job Mafia! I wouldn't say my play was "strong"... Indeed I avoided being lynched, but it was because I mostly focused on survival (appearing as a noob townie) and didn't achieve much for Mafia outside of our own thread discussion. Also, I was lucky, since Risen caused two wasted days where nothing really happened (except townies died at night...).

To me this game was enjoyable, although it was limited by a couple of issues (disinteresting days 2+3, too easy to blend in on day 1 with so much randomness, WBG's endless trolling, too easy to survive on day 4+ even though I suddenly started lurking). It was fun though - mostly because of the very active Mafia discussion and somehow quite active day 1 But I can see why a vanilla townie might find this game a bit boring.

Thanks to all for this game and see you later! I can't participate in a while (going to the army), but I'll reappear later at some point, and then you can analyze my play with my post history
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 237
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27206
Mini 446
Hyuk 244
firebathero 181
ggaemo 120
Liquid`Ret 66
Mong 53
Hyun 40
PianO 26
ToSsGirL 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9917
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1463
crisheroes1239
Liquid`Hasu673
Other Games
Grubby2825
FrodaN2148
fl0m1213
Beastyqt1092
Mlord419
KnowMe148
Livibee145
ArmadaUGS134
Mew2King57
Trikslyr53
ToD39
mouzStarbuck37
CosmosSc2 18
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 68
• StrangeGG 56
• mYiSmile121
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7466
Other Games
• imaqtpie591
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV245
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 10m
INu's Battles
18h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.