• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:08
CEST 10:08
KST 17:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7213 users

C9++ Mini Mafia - Page 58

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
March 24 2012 08:31 GMT
#1141
Palmar really is mr Everyone'sRetardedButMe

Laya is more of a "you don't say" kind of sarcasm guy imo. Sure he has those "everyone is retarded" moments as well but those are not the funny moments!
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
March 24 2012 08:38 GMT
#1142
fixed you whinywhores
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
March 24 2012 12:03 GMT
#1143
Thx for the analysis WBG!

Why did I push xsksc? Because he was one of the six guys left on my list. It was kinda tunnelling. My "read" wasn't really heartfelt. I just hadn't found anyone I found really scummy yet and I was sure that scum were on my list, so i just picked one guy and called him scum. Thats also why i could vote jackal without really thinking about it.
I did not have the time I usually have to read the thread. I usually have 3 hours at work to just read the thread and filters and then post longer cases when I'm home. But weird workdays and social shit meant I had little time to the thread.

I also think I relaxed more because sandro called me confirmed town :D

I though about shooting sloosh N1 just because he seemed he would get lynched anyway. I decided against it because even if he was scum I wanted to see who would vote him and how the defence would be. I've been vig 2 times (and 1 time suicide bomber) and I always wait with my shot. I see no reason to shoot to early. If you're wrong and shoot a townie the best outcome is you confirm yourself. If you are right and shoot scum you take info away from the thread.

All in all I think my scum reads were off but my deductive skills were on point.
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
March 24 2012 13:07 GMT
#1144
I never said that town were oblivious
I said that they were obvious, as in "obviously town" to anybody reading.

I didn't know what to say because i felt that most players looked town, I knew they were town and i expected the majority of others to see them as town. I was not sitting back because i felt like town weren't doing enough, i sat back because of (personal reasons) and an extended brain fart.

I chose the actions on night one, because when i got to my computer nobody else was there to talk to and nobody had sent any in. I shot jcarl because he was next to confirmed town and in the qt prob wrote that he thought slOosh was a blue.

I think bluelightz decided the n2 actions and RB'd tobon because Prob thought he was a medic.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 24 2012 13:13 GMT
#1145
On March 24 2012 17:23 wherebugsgo wrote:

Mr. IcangetmodkilledafterIdie jcarlsoniv


I shall wear this badge with honor.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
March 24 2012 16:03 GMT
#1146
ok enough with what i did well, what could I do to improve in future games? i understand its difficult to judge in games such as these
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 16:16:55
March 24 2012 16:14 GMT
#1147
On March 24 2012 22:07 layabout wrote:
I never said that town were oblivious
I said that they were obvious, as in "obviously town" to anybody reading.

I didn't know what to say because i felt that most players looked town, I knew they were town and i expected the majority of others to see them as town. I was not sitting back because i felt like town weren't doing enough, i sat back because of (personal reasons) and an extended brain fart.

I chose the actions on night one, because when i got to my computer nobody else was there to talk to and nobody had sent any in. I shot jcarl because he was next to confirmed town and in the qt prob wrote that he thought slOosh was a blue.

I think bluelightz decided the n2 actions and RB'd tobon because Prob thought he was a medic.


I'll dig up skype (I must be illiterate) but even in that case, you have avenues.

By killing jcarl, you confirm sandro and basically cement all his reads. At that point unless you sheep him (based on how day 1 went) you're fucked. Thus you have to convince sandro to kill townies, and it's only a feasible choice to shoot jcarl if sandro is horribly wrong about one or more of you. i.e. had you guys fakeclaimed off the jackal death and become "confirmed" (I can 100% guarantee that they would never think a scum claim+counterclaim of cop would ever in a million years happen) then killing jcarl might have been okay.

However, that's still not optimal to simply shooting VE and leaving jcarl+sandro alive. Why? Because if you kill a scum day 1 so easily from sandro just saying "this guy is scum" and then day 2 they kill a townie, you can actually bullshit and shed doubt on sandro and jcarl. You can implant the idea that sandro+jcarl were mafia scumbuddies without ever explicitly even saying it.

That possibility is shot to pieces as soon as a mason flips. The mafia team needs to realize that from a town perspective, no one is confirmed without flips. They can be "confirmed" but that's still as good as nothing (albeit plenty of noobs will be convinced anyway). Townies have a tendency to trust results over anything else. Thus, if you kill a scum day 1 and then townies 2 days in a row, chances are they'll no longer believe that one hero from day 1 is actually town.

The problem of course was that none of you had the thread presence nor the foresight to know what to do. I know hindsight is 20/20 and everything, but when I told you guys not to give up I could tell already you had lost (after one lynch, nonetheless) because psychologically if you've given up you out yourself in the thread. You can't keep up a charade if you yourself don't believe in it.

slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 24 2012 16:19 GMT
#1148
On March 25 2012 01:14 wherebugsgo wrote:
had you guys fakeclaimed off the jackal death and become "confirmed" (I can 100% guarantee that they would never think a scum claim+counterclaim of cop would ever in a million years happen) then killing jcarl might have been okay.


What should the counterclaim cop do after the scum cop flips? Play town with wrong reads?
Since it is possible in a c9++ setting for multiple cops, how can you say that it makes sense that a (town) cop would insta-counterclaim?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 16:31:54
March 24 2012 16:31 GMT
#1149
Basically on day 1 you had a mason pair claim, which is an incredibly powerful pair of town roles. If there were two full-blown cops, the game would essentially be broken. (in fact, it's not allowed in my setup creator, for the record. I removed the possibility of things like mason+mason cop+cop because that's just stupid)

It's true that the players don't know that. However, when the lynch is secured and someone claims cop, they're far less likely to be a cop in a 13 player setup (with two masons who have already claimed) after someone counterclaims them. The counterclaim comes to ensure the lynch goes through and people don't back off: mafia wouldn't really want to counterclaim just to kill a cop because a 1 for 1 trade is highly in the favor of town.

It's one of those plays that people would go "mafia would never do that, it's too ballsy" and they'd be correct, most TL mafia players would never even consider that. Then someone like Ace comes along and destroys that notion.

Indeed, the icing on the cake is that after the GF claims cop, if there's actually a town cop there's no doubt he'll claim as well, and at that point he's just free roleblock material. In addition, it helps lay doubt on the mason pair claim because it makes it less likely from a balance perspective that masons exist (it would be almost too powerful) and players with a role (e.g. VE) would be susceptible to doubting the claims based on the number of possible blues.

Lastly, you don't need correct reads to play the role of town cop. If you claim d1 you can simply claim roleblock every day after (and your team can mask the roleblock by simply roleblocking the kill target whenever necessary)
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
March 24 2012 16:40 GMT
#1150
One thing that helped me that I should probably elaborate on is that being "correct" in a game of mafia ultimately matters less than your actual appearance. This is precisely why I called playing as scum a game of appearances.

I think a lot of scum players (myself included, to an extent) have the false notion that being wrong on a lynch is inherently bad and if you're wrong you'll be caught easily. I suppose you receive more attention if you've been lynching townies, but I don't think that it's necessarily true. Even townies can be wrong once, twice, or even three times. What ultimately matters are not actually the results necessarily but the manner and appearances that go into those results. Look at almost any game you want in which a townie died day 1 and you'll see plenty of people who were on the lynch but were never suspected (and for good reason.) once you can figure out why that's so, you can play scum without the fear of being wrong.
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
March 24 2012 18:39 GMT
#1151
I wish I could do that lol. Even when I'm town I'm afraid of being wrong =/
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
March 24 2012 21:01 GMT
#1152
Well obviously as town you need to be afraid of being wrong, but even as town you won't be lynched just because you're wrong. There will be other reasons.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
March 24 2012 21:21 GMT
#1153
thanks for being a great host, wbg! and you for being a great co-host, toad! :D
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 25 2012 00:58 GMT
#1154
On March 25 2012 01:14 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 22:07 layabout wrote:
I never said that town were oblivious
I said that they were obvious, as in "obviously town" to anybody reading.

I didn't know what to say because i felt that most players looked town, I knew they were town and i expected the majority of others to see them as town. I was not sitting back because i felt like town weren't doing enough, i sat back because of (personal reasons) and an extended brain fart.

I chose the actions on night one, because when i got to my computer nobody else was there to talk to and nobody had sent any in. I shot jcarl because he was next to confirmed town and in the qt prob wrote that he thought slOosh was a blue.

I think bluelightz decided the n2 actions and RB'd tobon because Prob thought he was a medic.


I'll dig up skype (I must be illiterate) but even in that case, you have avenues.

By killing jcarl, you confirm sandro and basically cement all his reads. At that point unless you sheep him (based on how day 1 went) you're fucked. Thus you have to convince sandro to kill townies, and it's only a feasible choice to shoot jcarl if sandro is horribly wrong about one or more of you. i.e. had you guys fakeclaimed off the jackal death and become "confirmed" (I can 100% guarantee that they would never think a scum claim+counterclaim of cop would ever in a million years happen) then killing jcarl might have been okay.

However, that's still not optimal to simply shooting VE and leaving jcarl+sandro alive. Why? Because if you kill a scum day 1 so easily from sandro just saying "this guy is scum" and then day 2 they kill a townie, you can actually bullshit and shed doubt on sandro and jcarl. You can implant the idea that sandro+jcarl were mafia scumbuddies without ever explicitly even saying it.

That possibility is shot to pieces as soon as a mason flips. The mafia team needs to realize that from a town perspective, no one is confirmed without flips. They can be "confirmed" but that's still as good as nothing (albeit plenty of noobs will be convinced anyway). Townies have a tendency to trust results over anything else. Thus, if you kill a scum day 1 and then townies 2 days in a row, chances are they'll no longer believe that one hero from day 1 is actually town.

The problem of course was that none of you had the thread presence nor the foresight to know what to do. I know hindsight is 20/20 and everything, but when I told you guys not to give up I could tell already you had lost (after one lynch, nonetheless) because psychologically if you've given up you out yourself in the thread. You can't keep up a charade if you yourself don't believe in it.

this is very true. My issue is I had no idea what to do. It is all very well going out and be bold but you need a plan and I just couldn't think straight. You see the possibilities with claiming whilst I never see that stuff. I was always playing catchup and it hard to plan when everything happens before you can take action. It's demoralising when you try hard but you can't seem to find a way out. I think if I play on scum team where I am not throne having to think of the plan I might learn more. Right now I am just trying shit to see what works.

Thanks WBG. Ill store this for later use.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 01:32:07
May 04 2012 01:31 GMT
#1155
lol
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 01:32:16
May 04 2012 01:31 GMT
#1156
double lol
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 01:41:03
May 04 2012 01:40 GMT
#1157
fuck

triple lol
Prev 1 56 57 58
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 45
EnDerr 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2480
Rain 1619
FanTaSy 430
Yoon 84
Soma 81
Mong 71
Killer 58
NotJumperer 43
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 27
[ Show more ]
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Shinee 15
yabsab 14
Sharp 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 63
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss442
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
Other Games
summit1g8042
olofmeister992
ceh9410
Happy393
KnowMe131
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
BasetradeTV158
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• killerbeecast0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2223
League of Legends
• Rush1156
• Lourlo1038
• Stunt473
Other Games
• Shiphtur796
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 52m
INu's Battles
2h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 52m
OSC
14h 7m
Replay Cast
14h 52m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.