• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:27
CEST 01:27
KST 08:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9034 users

Aperture Mafia - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 06 2012 04:58 GMT
#2448
On April 06 2012 13:55 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 13:51 Nisani201 wrote:
I lost the game when I decided to shoot Ghost. It was a stupid move and if I had waited to the end of the game I could have possibly avoided more lynches and used the KP to win the game.

But anyways. I gave the Space Core to hassy after Foolishness died in hopes that it would have some sort of anti-town ability that could be used to grant me an edge. Unfortunately he ended up dying. The mistake scatter shot was a real mistake that I made (I lied VERY little in this game, and most of the mistakes I made were genuine mistakes).

So anyways, on the final night Jayjay was telling me to make the real scatter shot. If I didn't make it, I would have been insta-lynched so I had to make it. During the day I had to make 2 very bold assumptions, neither of which ended up being true: a) either or both of Jayjay and Phagga were 3rd party AND b) I would be able to use reverse psychology on Maverick by telling him to kill me, and hoping that he would think that me wanting to sacrifice myself would be too much of a town thing to do, and instead target Jayjay and Phagga. This ties into the first assumption because if one of them were third party they would have both died, winning me the game.

But that didn't happen. Yes I played pretty badly that game, but it was still fun. Thanks a ton to GreyMist for hosting


Yea at this point in the game that was pretty much your only option, you didnt have enough cred to convince the town to lynch jayjay, and even after you did they would lynch you the next day.

My idea for they way you could have gotten into a good place in the final few days is this:

1. Claim to the thread you have a cool invention idea, but for balance reasons you can't say what it does or you can't invent it.

2. Name it something kickass, like the "Incendiary Ion-Depth Charge"

3. Its effect is "reveals who holds this item when its creation is announced, the item is destroyed upon its holder dying."

4. Give it to jayjay

5.Day post comes and it says Jayjay has recieved the invention.....

6. Tell jayjay in thread that he should know what to do with it.

7. Call Bullshit when he says it doesnt do anything, and pray you can lynch his ass.

I considered this, but I figured that I would have got lynched anyways. I suppose it had to potential to work better than my plan though...
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 06 2012 05:08 GMT
#2452
On April 06 2012 14:04 gonzaw wrote:
Yeah I thought he couldn't be SC because he made so many bad inventions (for him being SC) lol

I mean if I was SC I would probably sacrifice myself rather than invent that Color Radiator that got 2 of your mates lynched.
Make a day vig, give it to a fellow SC (if you figured out who he is) or someone you think is scum, and then try to talk your way out of it if they accuse you of not creating the CR.

My plan throughout the entire game was to act as townie as possible. It would have worked if Jayjay didn't tunnel me N1. Most of the things he said against me were bullshit anyways.
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 06 2012 18:40 GMT
#2517
On April 06 2012 15:35 Foolishness wrote:
From this I really began to resent
Nisani for this whole chain of events.
I brought my palm to my head
and to myself I then said,
"Can't he think of something better to invent?"

If I made the right item would you have still thought I were scum?
Enjoy your day.
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O167
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 482
ZZZero.O 167
Hyun 143
Dota 2
monkeys_forever402
League of Legends
Doublelift4145
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 487
KnowMe204
Livibee200
ViBE134
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• Adnapsc2 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1078
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur447
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 33m
Patches Events
15h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 33m
OSC
23h 33m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.