• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:12
CEST 03:12
KST 10:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7007 users

Storm Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 135 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:13 GMT
#101
So what's with all the tyrran votes? He doesn't seem to have posted anything anti-town so far.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
February 20 2012 22:15 GMT
#102
This was not called Storm mafia without reason...

What a shit storm.

While I agree with VE that spamming not particularly pro town, I think its far to early to vote on anyone for that reason. Also because its anti town does not mean its scum... And I would much rather kill scum then anti town players.
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 20 2012 22:15 GMT
#103
VI policy lynch.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:18 GMT
#104
On February 21 2012 07:15 redFF wrote:
VI policy lynch.


I don't like this sort of policy lynch. I don't like policy lynches in general-- they are/should be a last resort.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 20 2012 22:20 GMT
#105
How can they be a last resort when they are done on day 1.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 20 2012 22:20 GMT
#106
On February 21 2012 07:18 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 07:15 redFF wrote:
VI policy lynch.


I don't like this sort of policy lynch. I don't like policy lynches in general-- they are/should be a last resort.


I think you should join my anti-spam policy-lynch of redFF instead. =D
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:21 GMT
#107
A last resort if we can't lynch scum. As in, This is the least optimal lynch.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
February 20 2012 22:21 GMT
#108
On February 21 2012 07:18 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 07:15 redFF wrote:
VI policy lynch.


I don't like this sort of policy lynch. I don't like policy lynches in general-- they are/should be a last resort.


it's 20 mins in the game. It's not a policy lynch it's pressure, that's it. If they really want to see him lynched it's time to tell people that that kind of thing is not helpful but they're not right now.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:24 GMT
#109
How not to pressure: say you're pressuring
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 20 2012 22:24 GMT
#110
It's always funny to see people jump in to defend a player with no posts.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 20 2012 22:24 GMT
#111
I disagree, I think a policy lynch day 1 does a number of useful things. I will lay them out.

Day 1 is the hardest day to get a scumlynch, as town has the least information available to it. A policy lynch means not possibly mislynching a strong town player.

Policy lynches and the reactions to them are very useful. They get lots of juicy reactions.

We get rid of a bad.

Honestly the chance of a policy lynch hitting scum is about as good as hitting scum from a flimsy day 1 case.

We also don't lynch radfield the blue day 1, but thats similar to my only point regarding getting rid of a bad.

Day 1 is usually somewhat of a crapshoot in 48/24 games. Policy lynches are good, embrace them.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:26 GMT
#112
Man as far as I'm concerned Tyrran can go sit on a carrot
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:27 GMT
#113
I'm just saying I don't like policy lynches
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
February 20 2012 22:28 GMT
#114
On February 21 2012 07:24 Blazinghand wrote:
How not to pressure: say you're pressuring

it's a vote after a couple of minutes... do you really think he'll take that for real?
He'll get the message nevertheless, we want him to talk this game or we WILL lynch him the moment we run out of other viable lynch targets.
If he is not changing his attitude lynching him is still okay after all.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 20 2012 22:29 GMT
#115
On February 21 2012 07:27 Blazinghand wrote:
I'm just saying I don't like policy lynches

why not
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 20 2012 22:30 GMT
#116
On February 21 2012 07:29 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 07:27 Blazinghand wrote:
I'm just saying I don't like policy lynches

why not

I'd rather explicitly try to lynch scum. Policy lynch is what you do if you can't make a good case D1. This happens fairly often but that doesn't mean it's a good thing.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 20 2012 22:31 GMT
#117
Give me one example of a policy lynch occuring on tl mafia ever.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 20 2012 22:32 GMT
#118
HELLO EVERYONE!
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
February 20 2012 22:33 GMT
#119
On February 21 2012 07:30 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2012 07:29 redFF wrote:
On February 21 2012 07:27 Blazinghand wrote:
I'm just saying I don't like policy lynches

why not

I'd rather explicitly try to lynch scum. Policy lynch is what you do if you can't make a good case D1. This happens fairly often but that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

If you do not have a good case behind your vote today i expect you to go with a policy lynch.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 20 2012 22:33 GMT
#120
On February 21 2012 07:24 redFF wrote:
Day 1 is usually somewhat of a crapshoot in 48/24 games. Policy lynches are good, embrace them.


On May 31 2011 06:01 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 05:59 sandroba wrote:
EBWODP: That should have read we policy lynch ANYONE who claims without valuable information or lies about their role.

I generally don't like policy lynches, because there are always special circumstances.


On November 10 2011 09:51 redFF wrote:
meh i wanted to win and to win you have to take human error into account. Policy lynches are terrible. Yeah we could have policy lynched and taught GM a lesson but we would have lost.


These quotes come from couples therapy and ptp2. You were town both games. So why the change in play-style red?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 135 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ViBE125
ProTech123
Nathanias 89
RuFF_SC2 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16219
Rain 1544
GuemChi 898
Artosis 692
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever487
Counter-Strike
taco 178
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1009
Mew2King103
Other Games
summit1g7272
JimRising 497
WinterStarcraft480
C9.Mang0417
Trikslyr57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick898
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur379
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 49m
INu's Battles
9h 49m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 49m
OSC
21h 4m
Replay Cast
21h 49m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.