• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:32
CEST 07:32
KST 14:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8278 users

Storm Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 133 134 135 Next
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
February 20 2012 12:22 GMT
#61
On February 20 2012 10:31 RayzorFlash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 04:00 Kurumi wrote:
I want obs qt as fast as it starts.


Me too please, thanks and gl to all :D


Third this. GL guys, this should be good
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 12:29:32
February 20 2012 12:29 GMT
#62
On February 20 2012 21:18 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 21:07 syllogism wrote:
On February 20 2012 18:32 Palmar wrote:
On February 20 2012 18:00 syllogism wrote:
I do not think that addresses the issue with mafia purposely lurking and lying about being busy. The game should be about analyzing posts rather than guessing whether someone is genuinely busy or not. As you know, there are players who constantly lie or exaggerate about the time they have available to allocate into the game. Further, players who do not have time to play should be discouraged to join games, which is one of the functions activity requirements serve. While lurking should be and is a valid mafia strategy, there should be a balance between actually participating in the game and utilizing this strategy.


I would not expect anyone to sign up for my game if they expect to be busy. You know how I feel about claiming busy in games, I consider it cheating and never do it myself.

I don't think TL Mafia is ready for me to enforce that opinion on my games. And not to mention, it's not like the normal activity rules actually solve this issue either.

It makes no sense to sign up for a game if you won't have time to participate. I have made it very clear, perhaps more than any other host, that I expect you to play to your win condition. You know, just as well as I do, that there is no indication that the activity requirements actually help at all with inactivity in games.

This time I'm experimenting with a new method, which is basically making the game unforgiving and then repeatedly hammering the idea that players need to actively participate to actually stand a chance. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this won't lead to a more active game. But there is a problem, and this is my attempt at fixing it.

Making the game unforgiving just punishes everyone else more, rather than encourages these players to participate. It is reasonable to assume most of these low contribution and activity players do not care about winning as much as players who are the opposite. As such, losing the game isn't much of a punishment and it doesn't even make sense considering it's not targeted at just the players who are the problem.

One solution that doesn't involve harsh activity requirements and bans is just to have longer days.


This game is mostly invite, and has a ton of experienced TL mafia players. I could see your case for an open format or newbie game, but for people that know what they are doing this should be no issue. If you don't post and let yourself get lynched as town or mafia without reason, you should be modkilled and banned.

Invite games are actually often worse as players feel they are obligated to accept the invitation despite not having sufficient time to participate. Also I think there are experienced TL mafia players who do not always put enough effort into games.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 12:43 GMT
#63
On February 20 2012 21:07 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 18:32 Palmar wrote:
On February 20 2012 18:00 syllogism wrote:
I do not think that addresses the issue with mafia purposely lurking and lying about being busy. The game should be about analyzing posts rather than guessing whether someone is genuinely busy or not. As you know, there are players who constantly lie or exaggerate about the time they have available to allocate into the game. Further, players who do not have time to play should be discouraged to join games, which is one of the functions activity requirements serve. While lurking should be and is a valid mafia strategy, there should be a balance between actually participating in the game and utilizing this strategy.


I would not expect anyone to sign up for my game if they expect to be busy. You know how I feel about claiming busy in games, I consider it cheating and never do it myself.

I don't think TL Mafia is ready for me to enforce that opinion on my games. And not to mention, it's not like the normal activity rules actually solve this issue either.

It makes no sense to sign up for a game if you won't have time to participate. I have made it very clear, perhaps more than any other host, that I expect you to play to your win condition. You know, just as well as I do, that there is no indication that the activity requirements actually help at all with inactivity in games.

This time I'm experimenting with a new method, which is basically making the game unforgiving and then repeatedly hammering the idea that players need to actively participate to actually stand a chance. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this won't lead to a more active game. But there is a problem, and this is my attempt at fixing it.

Making the game unforgiving just punishes everyone else more, rather than encourages these players to participate. It is reasonable to assume most of these low contribution and activity players do not care about winning as much as players who are the opposite. As such, losing the game isn't much of a punishment and it doesn't even make sense considering it's not targeted at just the players who are the problem.

One solution that doesn't involve harsh activity requirements and bans is just to have longer days.


I accept your argument, and it is very true.

My theory is that putting emphasis on the importance of good play, thus encouraging it, will help with the problem. That is my proposed solution for this game in particular.

I would not be opposed another host attempted your solution, but for this game I am simply going to assume that with repeated warnings, private messages sent out to people who have had bouts of inactivity in games I can remember, and me going out of my way to tell everyone they should only be playing if they're willing to commit, the players will hold themselves to the standard that I expect them to this game.

I am completely aware I might end up disappointed. But, at least I tried a new way to make sure the games become better in that regard.
Computer says mafia
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
February 20 2012 12:44 GMT
#64
Would like the obs QT for this too :D
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 20 2012 12:50 GMT
#65
On February 20 2012 21:29 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 21:18 Mattchew wrote:
On February 20 2012 21:07 syllogism wrote:
On February 20 2012 18:32 Palmar wrote:
On February 20 2012 18:00 syllogism wrote:
I do not think that addresses the issue with mafia purposely lurking and lying about being busy. The game should be about analyzing posts rather than guessing whether someone is genuinely busy or not. As you know, there are players who constantly lie or exaggerate about the time they have available to allocate into the game. Further, players who do not have time to play should be discouraged to join games, which is one of the functions activity requirements serve. While lurking should be and is a valid mafia strategy, there should be a balance between actually participating in the game and utilizing this strategy.


I would not expect anyone to sign up for my game if they expect to be busy. You know how I feel about claiming busy in games, I consider it cheating and never do it myself.

I don't think TL Mafia is ready for me to enforce that opinion on my games. And not to mention, it's not like the normal activity rules actually solve this issue either.

It makes no sense to sign up for a game if you won't have time to participate. I have made it very clear, perhaps more than any other host, that I expect you to play to your win condition. You know, just as well as I do, that there is no indication that the activity requirements actually help at all with inactivity in games.

This time I'm experimenting with a new method, which is basically making the game unforgiving and then repeatedly hammering the idea that players need to actively participate to actually stand a chance. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this won't lead to a more active game. But there is a problem, and this is my attempt at fixing it.

Making the game unforgiving just punishes everyone else more, rather than encourages these players to participate. It is reasonable to assume most of these low contribution and activity players do not care about winning as much as players who are the opposite. As such, losing the game isn't much of a punishment and it doesn't even make sense considering it's not targeted at just the players who are the problem.

One solution that doesn't involve harsh activity requirements and bans is just to have longer days.


This game is mostly invite, and has a ton of experienced TL mafia players. I could see your case for an open format or newbie game, but for people that know what they are doing this should be no issue. If you don't post and let yourself get lynched as town or mafia without reason, you should be modkilled and banned.

Invite games are actually often worse as players feel they are obligated to accept the invitation despite not having sufficient time to participate. Also I think there are experienced TL mafia players who do not always put enough effort into games.


#1 rule should be don't sign up if you aren't going to play, there is no excuse for joining a game and then doing nothing in it. It is an insult to the host and to the other players.
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
February 20 2012 12:56 GMT
#66
Last invitational was Responsibility Mafia! (18 invitees out of 20 players I think) and I don't think we had any notable issues with activity in that game. Well, there was Chezinu who suddenly decided he wanted to be an asshole but that's not really anything the host can be held responsible for. No clue why he didn't get a 5 game ban, I have it in my post-game notes that I wanted to complain loudly about him. Anyway,
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
February 20 2012 13:00 GMT
#67
IIRC the hosts fucked up something about Chezinu's role, but they could only say that after the game, so it was understandable that Chezinu would get hella mad and stop playing

Also, I like how win condition appears in so many places here; you can't even claim it.

If I'm a goon and I say "my win condition is to eliminate all threats to town", do I get modkilled?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 13:06 GMT
#68
On February 20 2012 22:00 Zephirdd wrote:
IIRC the hosts fucked up something about Chezinu's role, but they could only say that after the game, so it was understandable that Chezinu would get hella mad and stop playing

Also, I like how win condition appears in so many places here; you can't even claim it.

If I'm a goon and I say "my win condition is to eliminate all threats to town", do I get modkilled?


Yes, because that is the town win condition and you're not allowed to claim it. It is a given that every player in the game wants to appear town, and thus they all wish to look like their win condition is the town win condition, thus anyone specificially claiming the win-condition is fishing for mistakes or something like that, ie. playing the system instead of the game.

So yeah. assume it a given.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 13:14:09
February 20 2012 13:13 GMT
#69
The game roles will be randomized using the sort -R function in bash.

No player in the game has requested a specific alignment or role, nor will I accept any such requests

Once I gain I want to emphasize that I did not account for bad play on either side this game. Fuck up, and you lose

Roles will go out over the day today, in the order seen on the player sign up list

From now on, please do not reply to this thread if you are a player in the game. Your next post will be after the Day Post. Do not /confirm your role or any such shenanigans. If you need to ask questions about the setup, send me a PM. You are not allowed at any point from now on to interact with me in the thread in any way.

Spectators can still put in a single reply to request access to the observer quicktopic.


Computer says mafia
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 20 2012 13:38 GMT
#70
obs plz
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 13:51 GMT
#71
All players have now received their role messages. There's still complete player silence in the thread. Game will start about 8 hours from this post, or 22:00 GMT (+00:00) tonight.

If you haven't received your role, have questions about your role, send me a PM. Do not post in this thread.
Computer says mafia
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 20 2012 19:48 GMT
#72
obs pls
Daymor
Profile Joined September 2011
New Zealand151 Posts
February 20 2012 20:00 GMT
#73
Obs please
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 20 2012 20:21 GMT
#74
obs please
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
February 20 2012 20:23 GMT
#75
obs
Trust in Bayes.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 20:36 GMT
#76
The calm before the storm starts now.

Any observers wishing to join the game just PM me for access to the observer topic. No player not participating in the game should post in this thread from now on. This includes dead players. If you die, please stay dead, do not popcorn the game. or cheer for your team.

A single "gg" is fine. Nothing else in the post please, no smilies, no "go x" or whatever. just "gg"
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 21:51 GMT
#77
I think it's cooler.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 21:51 GMT
#78
when OPs
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 21:51 GMT
#79
start a new page
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 20 2012 21:51 GMT
#80
.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 133 134 135 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4337
Rain 1782
GuemChi 559
FanTaSy 376
sSak 50
Bale 43
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
Fuzer 43
League of Legends
JimRising 636
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1161
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King238
Other Games
summit1g7876
WinterStarcraft617
C9.Mang0162
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream56
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1238
• Rush952
• Stunt467
Other Games
• Shiphtur815
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 28m
INu's Battles
5h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 28m
OSC
16h 43m
Replay Cast
17h 28m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.