• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:27
CEST 09:27
KST 16:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9858 users

Storm Mafia - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 135 Next
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 21 2012 18:58 GMT
#321
Layabout you haven't posted a single read today, so ridiculing dirkzor is quite hypocritical

Do you think blazinghand's current vote is backed up by a good case or do you still expect him to go with a policy lynch.


Guess I'll do my own happy to lynch list.
kita
toad
prplhz(where is he)
layabout
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
February 21 2012 18:58 GMT
#322
On February 22 2012 03:44 layabout wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 02:39 Dirkzor wrote:
I'll give my honest opinion so far...

I can't wrap my head around this game. Right now I not certain of anything and thus is posting meek and useless shit. I know this. Been reading through filters but nothing really stands out to me (other then the stuff i posted earlier). I went to bed just as the games started last night and woke up to 8 pages of mudslinging.

If I had to point at one player to lynch it would be chaoser. His post are just a wee bit to "jumping whoever everyone else think is scum" for me. He seems overly defensive. Can't make a real case since I'm at work.

I honestly cannot beleive that we are a good 20 hours into the game and you have not even found 3+ scum. These excuses are beyond weak, and are far from what i have come to expect from Dirkzor the townie.

In other news if anyone has any more shit to fling i would ask that you hold it like a man, or fling it quick so that we can clean ourselves up and catch scum.

I am curious about Jackals apparent attempt to "start a bandwagon" by calling toad scum and not elaborating. For me the the town motivation for doing that would be to provoke reactions from players that he could analyse and perhaps find scum. For instance if somebody were to sheep him for no real reason, they would be more likely to be scum (since a townie shouldn't do that but getting away with a sheep vote would be good for mafia). I think that such an action is unnecessary as town but beneficial as Mafia.

My problem with this play is that + Show Spoiler +
I hate calling people scum for no reason, since it can convince players that people are mafia despite the complete absence of evidence.

It is comparable to publicly announcing your town reads on day1, giving mafia additional reasons to shoot at players that you think are town or exploit your read(s) to manipulate you

He could have been trying to get Toad lynched based off of nothing, by attempting to create a dumb bandwagon when the game had barely begun. This is all jackal has done (although we are not far in and he has a tendency to lurk) other than add to the childish bickering/insult hurling so far.

I certainly have not found "3+ scum", have you? Give me your top 3 scum reads then. Of course, perhaps it's something you expect from dirkzor, but I'm not sure if that is grounded in reality either.

Any thoughts on BC layabout?
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
February 21 2012 18:59 GMT
#323
I'll be on in a couple of hours.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 21 2012 19:01 GMT
#324
Fuck I keep forgetting about people.

I'm concerned about prplhz' absence too.

What's your read on layabout red? Why is he better to lynch than, say, chaoser?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 21 2012 19:04 GMT
#325
I don't really care about chaoser at this stage, haven't paid much attention to him tbh.

Layabout is bad because he berated dirkzor for not finding 3+scum and hasn't stated a read all game.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
February 21 2012 19:04 GMT
#326
are you willing to explain and tell me why you want, or at least why you would be okay to lynch me VE?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 21 2012 19:08 GMT
#327
On February 22 2012 04:04 Toadesstern wrote:
are you willing to explain and tell me why you want, or at least why you would be okay to lynch me VE?


You've been a nonentity this game. In previous games I've played with you, you've had clearly defined scum reads and I'm not seeing that kind of play here. DocH is right - even if you're apprehensive about your reads (based on your performance in [redacted]), it shouldn't be affecting your day-play. You should still be scumhunting/pointing out inconsistencies/establishing yourself as town. I'm not seeing it this game.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 21 2012 19:09 GMT
#328
On February 22 2012 04:04 redFF wrote:
I don't really care about chaoser at this stage, haven't paid much attention to him tbh.

Layabout is bad because he berated dirkzor for not finding 3+scum and hasn't stated a read all game.


The fact that you haven't paid much attention to chaoser is....interesting. Wouldn't you say that's interesting syllo?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
February 21 2012 19:11 GMT
#329
On February 22 2012 04:08 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 04:04 Toadesstern wrote:
are you willing to explain and tell me why you want, or at least why you would be okay to lynch me VE?


You've been a nonentity this game. In previous games I've played with you, you've had clearly defined scum reads and I'm not seeing that kind of play here. DocH is right - even if you're apprehensive about your reads (based on your performance in [redacted]), it shouldn't be affecting your day-play. You should still be scumhunting/pointing out inconsistencies/establishing yourself as town. I'm not seeing it this game.


I did a big post about wbg and just a few minutes ago abou chaoser, didn't I ?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 21 2012 19:16 GMT
#330
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=313426&user=41447
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 21 2012 19:17 GMT
#331
That's a hell of a reminder red. Consider yourself off my lynch list.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 21 2012 19:17 GMT
#332
##Vote: RebirthofLegend
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 21 2012 19:18 GMT
#333
On February 22 2012 04:17 Blazinghand wrote:
##Vote: RebirthofLegend

probably mafia
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 21 2012 19:19 GMT
#334
yeah thats why i voted him
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 21 2012 19:19 GMT
#335
On February 22 2012 03:44 layabout wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 02:39 Dirkzor wrote:
I'll give my honest opinion so far...

I can't wrap my head around this game. Right now I not certain of anything and thus is posting meek and useless shit. I know this. Been reading through filters but nothing really stands out to me (other then the stuff i posted earlier). I went to bed just as the games started last night and woke up to 8 pages of mudslinging.

If I had to point at one player to lynch it would be chaoser. His post are just a wee bit to "jumping whoever everyone else think is scum" for me. He seems overly defensive. Can't make a real case since I'm at work.

I honestly cannot beleive that we are a good 20 hours into the game and you have not even found 3+ scum. These excuses are beyond weak, and are far from what i have come to expect from Dirkzor the townie.

In other news if anyone has any more shit to fling i would ask that you hold it like a man, or fling it quick so that we can clean ourselves up and catch scum.

I am curious about Jackals apparent attempt to "start a bandwagon" by calling toad scum and not elaborating. For me the the town motivation for doing that would be to provoke reactions from players that he could analyse and perhaps find scum. For instance if somebody were to sheep him for no real reason, they would be more likely to be scum (since a townie shouldn't do that but getting away with a sheep vote would be good for mafia). I think that such an action is unnecessary as town but beneficial as Mafia.

My problem with this play is that + Show Spoiler +
I hate calling people scum for no reason, since it can convince players that people are mafia despite the complete absence of evidence.

It is comparable to publicly announcing your town reads on day1, giving mafia additional reasons to shoot at players that you think are town or exploit your read(s) to manipulate you

He could have been trying to get Toad lynched based off of nothing, by attempting to create a dumb bandwagon when the game had barely begun. This is all jackal has done (although we are not far in and he has a tendency to lurk) other than add to the childish bickering/insult hurling so far.

People expect me to tunnel on day 1. So why not through some shit against the wall and see what sticks? And I made no attempt to start any thing. I called Toad scum and gave no reasons for it. I never voted him. I never made a case on him.
I threw some shit against the wall. Some stuck to redFF.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 21 2012 19:20 GMT
#336
That should read *throw*
Life can only kill you once.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 21 2012 19:23 GMT
#337
On February 22 2012 04:19 Blazinghand wrote:
yeah thats why i voted him

I meant you.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 21 2012 19:24 GMT
#338
On February 22 2012 04:23 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 04:19 Blazinghand wrote:
yeah thats why i voted him

I meant you.

That's probably the most convincing "Blazinghand is town" sentiment can exist in this game then
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 21 2012 19:25 GMT
#339
What are you implying.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 21 2012 19:27 GMT
#340
oh sorry was that not clear
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 135 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1382
BeSt 287
Soulkey 127
Soma 111
sorry 106
Mind 71
Bale 25
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
League of Legends
JimRising 640
Counter-Strike
edward35
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft676
C9.Mang0276
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick719
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2237
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 33m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.