• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:41
CEST 12:41
KST 19:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8950 users

Hammer Mini Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 52 53 54 Next
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
January 18 2012 16:03 GMT
#81
On January 19 2012 00:38 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Without flips, PM's are helping to balance the setup IMO.
Regardless of your stance on them, PM's are very pro-town, no flips is very pro-scum
That said, I'm not in the game, but you guys should consider it before voting.

This is how I felt. Me and Forumite have decided that people seem to be against the idea of PMs to the point of not playing, while others wouldn't mind PMs.

So with that in mind, I intend on dropping PMs from the game so that sign ups can continue under that pretext.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
January 18 2012 16:08 GMT
#82
On January 18 2012 09:26 jaybrundage wrote:
whats the count to whos playiing?

Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but maybe this answers your question?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303505#2

Please check the player sign ups, if I have missed you let me know and I will add you in, as of this post I believe it should be current and correct.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
January 18 2012 16:11 GMT
#83
It's Death Factory in disguise
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 18 2012 16:31 GMT
#84
/in if there is room.
Life can only kill you once.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 16:41:58
January 18 2012 16:41 GMT
#85
Actually, I'm really sorry to do this RoL, but I wanted to play this game in part due to the PMs, cause I've wanted to play a PM game for a while.

As some people may have noticed I've been really busy lately, so the only reason I actually decided to play a game (I meant to not sign up for anything after L (also originally a PM game) really, until my schedule clears up), is the fact I thought I could just chill around in IRC/Skype and kinda play the game in the background.

So with no PMs in the game, it's basically just another game. I have no problem with seeing that the majority of players don't like PMs so I'm perfectly okay with you changing it.

It does however mean that I'm /out

Again, I'm sorry for promising to play but then outing, and this is not some ploy to get you to change your mind on removing the PMs. I just don't have the time and energy to play a normal post-based game. Good luck with your game, and good luck to the players.
Computer says mafia
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
January 18 2012 16:46 GMT
#86
On January 19 2012 01:41 Palmar wrote:
Actually, I'm really sorry to do this RoL, but I wanted to play this game in part due to the PMs, cause I've wanted to play a PM game for a while.

As some people may have noticed I've been really busy lately, so the only reason I actually decided to play a game (I meant to not sign up for anything after L (also originally a PM game) really, until my schedule clears up), is the fact I thought I could just chill around in IRC/Skype and kinda play the game in the background.

So with no PMs in the game, it's basically just another game. I have no problem with seeing that the majority of players don't like PMs so I'm perfectly okay with you changing it.

It does however mean that I'm /out

Again, I'm sorry for promising to play but then outing, and this is not some ploy to get you to change your mind on removing the PMs. I just don't have the time and energy to play a normal post-based game. Good luck with your game, and good luck to the players.

I get it, thanks for the explanation. Good luck with everything Palmar.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 18 2012 17:08 GMT
#87
Dunno.

First people leave because it is a PM game.

Then people leave because it isn't a PM game.

Seems like an uphill battle for host/cohost to please people.

Also, you should probably hear VisceraEyes if he's really still in since he actually did /out. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was in contact with him and knew something that you didn't. I hope he'll be less moody now that Palmar is /out and stay in the game

MAN I REALLY WANT TO PLAY
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 18 2012 17:13 GMT
#88
I love PM games.
Life can only kill you once.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 18 2012 17:21 GMT
#89
/in
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 18 2012 18:14 GMT
#90
Wait, no PMs? Did you just say that PMs were put in place as a balancing mechanism? Are you going to change something else to account for their removal?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Paperscraps
Profile Joined March 2010
United States639 Posts
January 18 2012 18:57 GMT
#91
I think people forget this is a game and that you play it for entertainment. Nothing wrong with being a bit competitive, but people make such a big deal out of the small things.
"Because in the end, the only way we can measure the significance of our own lives is by valuing the lives of others.” - David Gale
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
January 18 2012 20:50 GMT
#92
On January 19 2012 03:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
Wait, no PMs? Did you just say that PMs were put in place as a balancing mechanism? Are you going to change something else to account for their removal?

We´re not changing anything apart from removing PMs. The setup should be balanced with or without them.
:3
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 18 2012 22:15 GMT
#93
Wait... why don't people want to play PM games? They are so fun!
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 18 2012 22:18 GMT
#94
On January 19 2012 07:15 LSB wrote:
Wait... why don't people want to play PM games? They are so fun!

Ya you can make plans and share them with people you know are townies. Oh wait......
Life can only kill you once.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 18 2012 22:54 GMT
#95
I like non-PM better, creates that much more suspicion.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 19 2012 00:34 GMT
#96
Le Sigh. I miss the days when hosts decided what rules go into the games and not the players.

RoL, I am disappoint. I would expect you of all people to be all "Bitch please, it's in the OP. Don't like it? Don't sign up!" lol
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 00:39:34
January 19 2012 00:36 GMT
#97
On January 19 2012 09:34 VisceraEyes wrote:
Le Sigh. I miss the days when hosts decided what rules go into the games and not the players.

RoL, I am disappoint. I would expect you of all people to be all "Bitch please, it's in the OP. Don't like it? Don't sign up!" lol

I can see how hosts would of course like to accommodate players as much as possible, but I would think that the best strategy is to balance the game and then stick with the rules, unless someone breaks the setup or similar.

I hope 30 players die in TL Mafia L tonight.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 19 2012 00:40 GMT
#98
That's not cool at all purp. Leave other games out of your post.
Life can only kill you once.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 19 2012 00:52 GMT
#99
k i have nothing to add just gonna stop bumping
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
January 19 2012 01:17 GMT
#100
I don't think it breaks balance, it just provided another avenue for players to pursue. I think it benefits town slightly to have PM's, but there are pros and cons to it. It just depends on how you use it.

VE, I'm hosting a game for you guys to enjoy, I thought PMs would be fun if people don't want it like that then I will oblige. Another reason though is I think I will enjoy reading this game and not missing anything in PMs.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 9619
StarCastTV_EN260
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko288
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11777
Bisu 3864
FanTaSy 2900
Jaedong 1221
BeSt 772
actioN 609
EffOrt 491
Horang2 473
Larva 297
Leta 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 197
Barracks 149
Dewaltoss 110
Mind 101
Mong 78
JYJ 75
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 60
Sexy 56
sorry 55
Free 45
Killer 41
Shinee 39
Aegong 33
sSak 33
soO 33
Bale 27
HiyA 18
yabsab 14
Sacsri 10
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe260
XaKoH 1
Counter-Strike
byalli811
x6flipin9
Other Games
singsing1848
olofmeister964
crisheroes284
Pyrionflax191
KnowMe114
dupreeh107
Livibee34
B2W.Neo7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick658
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1104
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
19m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 19m
Replay Cast
12h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 19m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.