jcarlsoniv is helping me cohost this game.
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Mafia is about making educated guesses. The objective of the game for town is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town, and Mafia are looking to kill off enough townspeople so that they [the Mafia] will have a majority. Playing a game of Mafia is much like playing a game of poker in that plenty of bluffing will ensue in both. Mafia members are hidden amongst the town members and may manipulate the vote to their liking. In this thread lies is an arena, one where egos run rampant, page numbers expand exponentially, and people wind up dead for one reason or another.
Mafia games operate in cycles. The first part is the day phase, where all people alive vote on somebody to lynch (remove from the game). In this game, on the first day we will be voting on elected roles--Mayor and Sheriff--that will be discussed later. The second phase in a cycle is night. During the night phase, all roles with designated night powers (town-aligned "blue" roles and Mafia) act. Results of lynches and night actions will be disclosed at the end of the respective phases.
The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread in order to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play. I will not compensate for ignorance or laziness.
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
- Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
- Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
- Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
- Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
- Posting screenshots of your inbox.
- Posting any PM you receive from a host.
- Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
- Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
- Signing up a smurf account.
- Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
- For Moderators and Administrators, please don't utilize your special powers. While I can't technically call that cheating let's keep the playing field fair!
This is mod font. It is reserved for game moderators. Please do not use it.
This is question font. Use it to ask the moderators questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything, as what want to ask may be covered in the original posts already.
You must post in this thread once per day/night cycle and vote every day while you are alive. If you fail to do so, you will be modkilled. This will affect your ability to join future Mafia games as you will be placed on the ban list.
Of special importance for this game though: if you tend to "lurk" or I see that you are not putting effort into this game, despite not being modkilled you will be unable to participate in my future games.
So please don't get modkilled and put a concerted effort into playing this.
It is important to maintain all happenings in the thread as they are for future read-throughs. Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. Follow in my spammy stead and double (or even triple) post instead of editing.
Keep it clean. Keep it PG-13.
May be allowable. See me beforehand.
Play to win:
Play to maximize your side's chances of winning. While this may sometimes involve bluffs or gambits that may further the other side's agenda, you should always keep victory as your priority. No ragequitting, no giving up your team members, no defecting.
1. Voting will be done in a separate thread, located here. That thread will only be used for voting. Please do not PM me your vote, as I will not accept it.
2. Vote using the following format: ##Vote Liquid`Sheth. Similarly, change votes by first unvoting: ##Unvote Liquid`Sheth. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. Either Ver or I will update the vote count periodically.
3. No conditional voting. You cannot say "my vote will go on X if A's vote goes on Y." You must actually physically post your vote.
4. You may not vote for yourself or anybody that is dead, outside of the game, or imaginary.
5. At the end of the day, the person with the highest number of votes is lynched (or elected, in the case of day 1).
6. In the event of a tie the person who attained the highest number of votes first loses.
7. Voting is mandatory. You may not abstain.
Signups are open to players who have proven they do not go inactive in games (I will be checking). Bias will be given toward people who like ponies and kittens.
There are no clues. Tidbits about coffee will be dropped every once in a while.
This game will follow a 24 hour night and 48 hour day cycle, beginning with Day 1. In the event that neither of the hosts is here around voting deadline, any votes after the 48 hour mark will not count and the game will be put on hold until the night post is up. Currently the deadline is 03:00 GMT (+00:00), but that is subject to change.
During the first day cycle instead of choosing somebody to lynch, the town will choose two members to serve as "elected roles" for the rest of the game. Those elected will gain additional powers on top of the ones they may already possess.
Upon death, the role and affiliation of the deceased will be revealed to all in the thread.
Ver is cute.
If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!
And if you have any further questions or would like clarification about something, feel free to PM me to ask!