• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11532 users

TL Mafia L - Page 218

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 216 217 218 219 220 Next
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
January 24 2012 16:09 GMT
#4341
rgTheSchworz: For what it's worth you were the least suspicious mafia on my list

This game really brought home to me that scumhunting isn't the only important thing as town, particularly when you already have excellent scumhunters giving you names. Quelling paranoia, explaining the actions of veterans, calming people down and directing them away from tunnelling implausible lynch candidates all contribute to a constructive town atmosphere. I'd have done twice as much of that except I was worried about spamming myself

jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
January 24 2012 16:13 GMT
#4342
On January 25 2012 01:07 syllogism wrote:
Well it was hard to believe his team would let him jail lanaia. It really makes less sense from scum perspective than town

Yeah, I thought the obvious choice there was to jail Ciryandor or Macpo to protect them from vigs, as saving the jails for later as town made sense. I guess Bill really didn't read the scum KP table.

Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 16:33:19
January 24 2012 16:26 GMT
#4343
GG guys, very well played, town!

To wrap it up I want to address some players:

@toad: wow your reads were good. Nice! A little hint, try to avoid that sad smiley, it kind of seems weak and vulnerable and a hint of scummy. I knew you were town, but yeah…just saying

@BM: you played like a freaking madmen which is fine I guess, everyone was saying “that’s just BM being BM”. I really think you would’ve been a lot more difficult to read if you wouldn’t have lanaia jailed. That made no sense, if you wanted to look town. After your second claim, it was too late.

@BC: Sorry for being such a pain the first couple of days, I really thought you were scum. At least my read that one of you or sandroba was scum d2 was right and I defended you afterwards. You are very hard to read. I like that.

@kita: <3 <3 <3 medi buddy. We kind of synched up after I saved you! Didn’t really help, but good choice, bro!

@jackal: holy clutch play batman. Kudos for that genius shot! You got balls of steel.

@VE: seriously man, chill. The only reason why I thought you were town, is because of your uncontested shot and Opz (who was scum to me) soft attacked you a couple of times. But you attacked everyone who said something against you beyond reason. You also repeated yourself a lot and refused to see other possibilities than your own. (hiro DT, CC, me). All in all, I almost lost my mind talking to you at some points

@lurkers: stop lurking that hard.

@all: sorry about my language errors. I don’t usually derp around this much, but it was in the middle of the night most of the time and I was tired. Sorry

Finally shoutout to mafiascum wiki. Without it, I wouldn't have lasted one day.

Alright guys, it’s been heaps of fun! I already signed up BC’s new game and I intend to become a regular. Hope you don’t mind <3

See you around guys

________________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: This last part here is about my play only. Ignore it if you don't care

This was my first mafia game ever and I never played in real life either. As I want to improve a lot, I want to state what I thought of my game and would be VERY glad if some players would give me feedback pms how to become better! Please do so, if you feel like it.

What I did good imo:

a) Confirming myself as a townie. That worked, almost no one thought I was scum.
b) Medic play, I concealed my role good and am fairly happy with my protect choices and my save.
c) Talking. I talked a lot.

What I messed up imo:

a) My reads. Most of them weren’t as good.
b) Defending against nearly every small accusation
c) Talking. I talked too much.

Again, please shoot a pm real quick with one or two sentences and I’ll try to get better!

Cheers <3

inb4: edit ban
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
rgTheSchworz
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania425 Posts
January 24 2012 16:27 GMT
#4344
As scum I think I played quite badly.
Sheth picked up on that.That goes to show sc2 players are not that stupid.

I kept bussing partly because it was inevitable, partly to make cases down the line stronger.

I realize it's not simple to get out of your cell as mafia and go finger random guys.Even if you think like a townie, I felt that there were a few subtleties I couldn't grasp.

Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 16:36 GMT
#4345
On January 25 2012 01:27 rgTheSchworz wrote:
As scum I think I played quite badly.
Sheth picked up on that.That goes to show sc2 players are not that stupid.

I kept bussing partly because it was inevitable, partly to make cases down the line stronger.

I realize it's not simple to get out of your cell as mafia and go finger random guys.Even if you think like a townie, I felt that there were a few subtleties I couldn't grasp.


Playing scum is hard. Harder than being a townie. You are the hunted. Hiding is next to impossible. That's the reason a lot of first time scum lurk. They think they're hiding. But really the best way to play is to hide in plain sight. Disagree with people. Push cases on town lurkers. Put out your own reads. Even on a teammate. Lie. Lie Lie.
Life can only kill you once.
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
January 24 2012 16:37 GMT
#4346
I found Sheth a really easy meta-read, as I had him down as obvscum on day 1 in both his scum games and he was a lot less spammy and more constructive in this one. Wasn't at all surprised when mafia shot him, although it was probably a defensive shot like the ones on Toad and VE.

Surprised mafia didn't shoot jayjay as he was clearly the sanest highly active poster and obviously town.

Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
January 24 2012 16:38 GMT
#4347
Oh, how could I? Big thanks to both hosts. Great game. Thanks for making it happen!
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 16:48 GMT
#4348
I should probably apologize for posting while drunk but I won't.
Life can only kill you once.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
January 24 2012 16:48 GMT
#4349
On January 25 2012 01:48 Jackal58 wrote:
I should probably apologize for posting while drunk but I won't.

Just as long as you keep your vig shots sober while I'm town, you're forgiven
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 17:18:46
January 24 2012 17:18 GMT
#4350
Well played town. I only had a few hours day to day to read and analyze; I really didn't contribute much but my vote, as my reads were pretty abysmal. I was quite sure sandroba/bm were town D1/2, and the only reads I was sure of were town views on kita, meapak, CC, Adam, etc. Easily enough town gods foolishness/incog/BC destroyed the Mafia.... in big games, if the mafia plays terribad, lowly inexperienced analysts such as myself aren't really needed. I had some posts prepared at various points in the game, but just looking over them I realize that stepping back and letting the town's well oiled machine run was better than mucking up things. I established my own town status decently enough; honestly was trying to look like a lurking blue but ah well.

jayjay's play was really good. he's going to be great sometime.

All in all I had a lot of fun, hope I didn't harm people's experience by low activity levels. was awesome seeing super protown in action.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
January 24 2012 17:18 GMT
#4351
On January 25 2012 01:48 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 01:48 Jackal58 wrote:
I should probably apologize for posting while drunk but I won't.

Just as long as you keep your vig shots sober while I'm town, you're forgiven

I thought we concluded. Drunk Jackal is best Jackal.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
January 24 2012 17:20 GMT
#4352
lol @ Mattchew tunnelling me in the ObsQT.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 24 2012 17:48 GMT
#4353
On January 25 2012 02:18 EchelonTee wrote:
Well played town. I only had a few hours day to day to read and analyze; I really didn't contribute much but my vote, as my reads were pretty abysmal. I was quite sure sandroba/bm were town D1/2, and the only reads I was sure of were town views on kita, meapak, CC, Adam, etc. Easily enough town gods foolishness/incog/BC destroyed the Mafia.... in big games, if the mafia plays terribad, lowly inexperienced analysts such as myself aren't really needed. I had some posts prepared at various points in the game, but just looking over them I realize that stepping back and letting the town's well oiled machine run was better than mucking up things. I established my own town status decently enough; honestly was trying to look like a lurking blue but ah well.

jayjay's play was really good. he's going to be great sometime.

All in all I had a lot of fun, hope I didn't harm people's experience by low activity levels. was awesome seeing super protown in action.

You were one of the people I wanted to talk to BC about if he masoned me. Along with Opz, Nisani, glurio, BrownBear and Lanaia. I knew Bum was scum the second he suggested I offed my own GF for townie points. Only pissed off scum would say that. I don't think I was even aware munk E was in the game.
Life can only kill you once.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 24 2012 17:52 GMT
#4354
On January 25 2012 02:48 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2012 02:18 EchelonTee wrote:
Well played town. I only had a few hours day to day to read and analyze; I really didn't contribute much but my vote, as my reads were pretty abysmal. I was quite sure sandroba/bm were town D1/2, and the only reads I was sure of were town views on kita, meapak, CC, Adam, etc. Easily enough town gods foolishness/incog/BC destroyed the Mafia.... in big games, if the mafia plays terribad, lowly inexperienced analysts such as myself aren't really needed. I had some posts prepared at various points in the game, but just looking over them I realize that stepping back and letting the town's well oiled machine run was better than mucking up things. I established my own town status decently enough; honestly was trying to look like a lurking blue but ah well.

jayjay's play was really good. he's going to be great sometime.

All in all I had a lot of fun, hope I didn't harm people's experience by low activity levels. was awesome seeing super protown in action.

You were one of the people I wanted to talk to BC about if he masoned me. Along with Opz, Nisani, glurio, BrownBear and Lanaia. I knew Bum was scum the second he suggested I offed my own GF for townie points. Only pissed off scum would say that. I don't think I was even aware munk E was in the game.


mm yeah my play wasn't very pro town so I was surprised I wasn't under more suspicion. Though I did a lot more psuedo analysis in my last game as scum; if anyone wanted to meta me, I was being quite different than my scum. I'm pretty sure someone post suspicion on munk-e but after a while it didn't even matter.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 24 2012 17:56 GMT
#4355
On January 25 2012 01:09 jaj22 wrote:
rgTheSchworz: For what it's worth you were the least suspicious mafia on my list

This game really brought home to me that scumhunting isn't the only important thing as town, particularly when you already have excellent scumhunters giving you names. Quelling paranoia, explaining the actions of veterans, calming people down and directing them away from tunnelling implausible lynch candidates all contribute to a constructive town atmosphere. I'd have done twice as much of that except I was worried about spamming myself



that's a pretty good point, I probably should've done more of that pro town activity >< bah
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
January 24 2012 18:09 GMT
#4356
On January 25 2012 02:52 EchelonTee wrote:
mm yeah my play wasn't very pro town so I was surprised I wasn't under more suspicion.

There were plenty of worse town players out there. Personally I had you down as town for your 50 minute flop on Sandroba from strong scum to town. I couldn't imagine a scum player doing that, regardless of Sandroba's alignment.

~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
January 24 2012 18:52 GMT
#4357
On January 25 2012 01:37 jaj22 wrote:
I found Sheth a really easy meta-read, as I had him down as obvscum on day 1 in both his scum games and he was a lot less spammy and more constructive in this one. Wasn't at all surprised when mafia shot him, although it was probably a defensive shot like the ones on Toad and VE.

Surprised mafia didn't shoot jayjay as he was clearly the sanest highly active poster and obviously town.


Was not defensive. Bum shot him because Bum thought he was blue. Not because he was targeting me. We were not scared of Sheth. Well, atleast specifically, I was not scared of Sheth. (til he popped vig....that scared me....like, so close to death I was lol.)
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
January 24 2012 18:59 GMT
#4358
On January 25 2012 02:20 jaj22 wrote:
lol @ Mattchew tunnelling me in the ObsQT.


I don't think you know what tunnelling means
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
evantrees
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada497 Posts
January 24 2012 19:22 GMT
#4359
On January 24 2012 21:48 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 17:30 evantrees wrote:
QT was worth the read to me.
Also happy I guessed right about bum being a mason, even if he technically got it after.
from random notes
Butmatlarge
mason, wants to start early getting in contact with another, potentially mafia though

Probably favorite post from the obs QT.
"honestly I think that scum team has realized how terrible this is going and has decided to bus like everyone playing shitty on their team.

God if foolishness is scum I could see him winning this game by himself"


SOPA demands that you credit me or TL is going down lol

Sorry, and yeah wtf we had two jacks and they had none.
rejection and peace tiramisu. I think that went well.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 19:50:02
January 24 2012 19:47 GMT
#4360

Lol game's over nvm.

you're still an idiot, VE.
SUNSFANNED
Prev 1 216 217 218 219 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 222
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm90
League of Legends
Doublelift3809
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee185
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 28
• HeavenSC 12
• Sammyuel 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur535
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Replay Cast
1h 7m
OSC
14h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.