• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11997 users

Surprisingly Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 05 2011 17:00 GMT
#161
On June 06 2011 01:21 youngminii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 23:06 Palmar wrote:
The analysis isn't flawed. Policy lynching inactive people is stupid, and will never hit a scum. I may be wrong, but my reasons are certainly valid enough. Lynching people who you think are unfit for town is also stupid, cause that means you're not hitting scum.

I'm glad you actually stuck a vote on me this time though, even if the thought process behind it is flawed, at least you're aggressive enough this time to at least have a hope of creating discussion. Congratulations.

The reason you want to hit people is because they behave in a way that scum should behave. The thought process you should be going through is "If I were scum, would I be posting this". Only Mataza and Sinani206 fit my bill when I went through the thread. I would try to play somewhat like them if I was the scum.

Now, you may not agree with my methods to the point you're willing to vote me off for them, but can you honestly go through my posts and say "this is how I'd post if I was scum".

If you can, then keep doing your thing man.

...
what is this
really

I'm gunning for you because your reasoning/play has been scummy so far, it doesn't have anything to do with whether I agree or disagree with your 'methods'.

Also, less belittlement please.

Basically your post had no real content. You reaffirm your belief that lynching inactives is stupid, yet you never disagreed with anyone about it earlier. There are plenty of people other than sinani advocating the inactive lynch, including myself, yet you don't even consider this in your crusade against sinani.

Then you go on and post a bunch of bullshit for the sake of content.

No, you are definitely the scummiest in this town.


killing the most inactive player is stupid. if you had actually bothered to read my analysis you'd see the main foundation is sinani's useless non-content posts and his active lurking.

feel free to provide an alternative, but at least man up and base your accusation on something other than "you're scummy".

i've stepped up my game. it's your turn
Computer says mafia
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
June 05 2011 17:46 GMT
#162
At the Moment most of my opinions from yesterday still stand.

The only really new thing I have to bring to the table is i'm going to push stefftastiq harder as in anycase lynching lurkers now is better than having them at Lylo, and considering this is a mini game this is going to come much much sooner than we want. I highly suggest lynching him today unless he really steps up.

##Vote Stefftastiq
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
June 05 2011 17:56 GMT
#163
On June 06 2011 02:46 OriginalName wrote:
At the Moment most of my opinions from yesterday still stand.

The only really new thing I have to bring to the table is i'm going to push stefftastiq harder as in anycase lynching lurkers now is better than having them at Lylo, and considering this is a mini game this is going to come much much sooner than we want. I highly suggest lynching him today unless he really steps up.

##Vote Stefftastiq

Thanks for the contribution. You know that you're doing exactly what scum would do, right? Hiding behind voting for a lurker instead of discussing who you actually think is scummy.

I'd like a real contribution, please. What do you think of Palmar, Youngminii, myself, or Mataza?

Who do you think is the scummiest player in this game? Even if you want to lynch a lurker, you need to be talking about scum, or else we accomplish nothing today.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
June 05 2011 18:16 GMT
#164
@OriginalName

... What opinions exactly? The only real opinion I can find is you saying 2.5 hours into day1 that day1 lynches are mostly dumb luck. And now you're trying to lynch a lurker who doesn't really appear to be scummy, just because he is inactive? Something that you are too. I agree with Varpulis here, this is really weak from you.

@Varpulis

Maybe your pressure of the lesser active people in this game would work better if you didn't clearly state that you are not going to press for a lynch and that you are going to vote sinani206 later.

@JeeJee

I don't think it's good for town to discuss a poor plan laid forward by a guy who also didn't really mean it. I think maybe town could have done something more useful with our time. But you are right, it really did get people talking and that's good I think I said that in my post too.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
June 05 2011 18:25 GMT
#165
Yep, I voted for Palmar to see how he would react to it - and I'd say he did pretty well. However his crazy Mataza crusade at the beginning is still sticking with me, and probably will for a while

youngminii -
Basically your post had no real content. You reaffirm your belief that lynching inactives is stupid, yet you never disagreed with anyone about it earlier. There are plenty of people other than sinani advocating the inactive lynch, including myself, yet you don't even consider this in your crusade against sinani.

Then you go on and post a bunch of bullshit for the sake of content.

No, you are definitely the scummiest in this town.

His posts weren't bullshit, they were him reacting to people questioning his claims, and pressure put on due to votes. Why are you still ripping on him, even though he wasn't going after you? Trying to keep this bandwagon alive?

sinani206 - All this guy has been posting are statistics, seems like he wants to look useful to get people off his back while not actually being helpful at all.

On June 05 2011 21:03 dementrio wrote:
unichan - in my first and only werewolf game i was randed wolf and I acted like he is doing now, hiding behind inexperience and expressing timid remarks about how something can be vaguely towny or scummy in dire fear of doing a wrong step. However i don't know how a newbie town would act and in my first game everyone actually thought my attitude was very villagery and I won by being the last wolf standing :\ I think we need to see what he has to say when he gains confidence.

I'm a shy poster generally, not just here - this is my first game and I really haven't found my comfort zone yet, as usual I'm scared of saying something retarded and people jumping on me

Anyways, Palmar has proven himself to me enough, for the time being my suspicions have shifted to youngminii and sinani. My stance on lurkers/unhelpful posters atm is neutral, there's still enough time left in the day for them to come forward with something useful.

##unvote Palmar
:)
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
June 05 2011 18:27 GMT
#166
On June 06 2011 03:16 prplhz wrote:
@Varpulis

Maybe your pressure of the lesser active people in this game would work better if you didn't clearly state that you are not going to press for a lynch and that you are going to vote sinani206 later.

right. I'm not switching my vote until I see content. He's shown up, but he hasn't posted anything of value. My vote stays until he seems less scummy than sinani, which isn't yet the case.

Sinani gets my vote if it becomes clear that a vote on a lurker/somebody else won't accomplish much. Right now, I like my vote where it is.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 05 2011 19:43 GMT
#167
Does a lynch kill a veteran
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
June 05 2011 19:53 GMT
#168
Yes, of course it does. Would you care to contribute?
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 05 2011 20:31 GMT
#169
OK, now that that's settled, I am staying with my vote on stefftastiq for reasons that I have already stated. What else do you want me to say?
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
June 05 2011 20:39 GMT
#170
If you would be so kind, please tell us
  • who you think is town, and why
  • who you think is mafia, and why
  • If you had to lynch somebody other than stefftastiq, who would it be and why
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
June 05 2011 20:40 GMT
#171
Am I scummy to you, Sinani?
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
June 05 2011 20:40 GMT
#172
Just as an example.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
June 05 2011 20:41 GMT
#173
On June 06 2011 04:43 sinani206 wrote:
Does a lynch kill a veteran

Yes, yes it does. Votecount coming right up btw
Moderator
stefftastiq
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway205 Posts
June 05 2011 20:41 GMT
#174
ok - my heads a bit better now =D

what would benefit the town would probably be to try to separate who are voting based on good arguments, and who are taking "shortcuts"

it seems like quite a few players just are cycling their votes to target other people which are either "inactive" "lurking" which are pretty vague things to suspect scum of - atleast thats what i think.

i saw some posts about picking the player that seems most scummy - and post your thoughts on him - i feel its kinda hard, but i see if i can post a few thoughts on the ones i feel point out for now.

@youngminii
are you just trying to push everybody? i swapped your vote from unichan to me without any reason at all - maybe you need a little push yourself, make me think you are not scum - didnt you suggest a plan for the vet to claim his role? isnt that kinda ruining for town play?

@Varpulis
What im not suspicious about is why you voted for me (lurkyness, ok) - ive cleared that. But what is suspicious is that you and palmar both first pushed mataza - then me, without really discussing it together in the thread as far as i noticed?

@sinani
sinani is probably the guy im most suspicious about right now - probably because he has posted less content than me, but still "claim to be a bigger part of the game" or something like that - its hard to read scummyness out of his few posts, but it seems like he just tryes to push for someone else than himself.

@originalname
you actually just have some thoughts about mataza to easy on defending himself - and then after doing some lurking/inactivity of your own you actually change your vote to me and your reason being me beeing inactive while you were actually just as inactive yourself... it doesnt compute!

Have to read up a bit more on the rest of you guys! still some hours left



victory not vengeance
stefftastiq
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway205 Posts
June 05 2011 20:47 GMT
#175
and
@palmar
Ill always be suspicious about you :o

as I've learned Palmar can play many roles - both being hardass with pointy fingers voting to pressure - but also playing strategicly by maybe not pointing the fingers at the people he "actually targets" - if he is town - this is ofcourse a good thing, if hes scum, its scary as hell!
victory not vengeance
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
June 05 2011 20:49 GMT
#176
Why did I vote for Mataza? Pressure. my post

Why did Palmar vote for Mataza? really bad attempt at tunneling. some of his posts

I don't see how that affiliates me with Palmar, especially when I moved on while he was still posting "Mataza is scum" one-liners.
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
stefftastiq
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway205 Posts
June 05 2011 20:51 GMT
#177
@sinani
you should really reveal your true reasons for voting for me - you type "as stated earlier" - but what is it really? just by staying so hardcore on voting for me for asking questions about what other players write makes you a bit scummy too me - I think you are trying to form a bandwagon - but fail.
victory not vengeance
stefftastiq
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway205 Posts
June 05 2011 20:54 GMT
#178
@Varpulis
Yeah - i know - but your votes still followed the same pattern - its loose, I know! But i know Palmars style of play a bit - and in this game its possible to play on a team without it seeming so in public - have to be suspicious!

its still day 1 - these were just my thoughts - you replied, thumbs up!
victory not vengeance
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 05 2011 20:55 GMT
#179
I can't recall going for you stefftastiq?
Computer says mafia
stefftastiq
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway205 Posts
June 05 2011 20:58 GMT
#180
+ Show Spoiler +
Current Post Count:
Varpulis 12
youngminii 11
Palmar 9
Sinani206 8 (including this)
Hesmyrr 7
Mataza 7
prplhz 6
JeeJee 6
OrginalName 5
Kavdragon 5
unichan 2
stefftastiq 1

Current vote list
Varpulis: Mataza stefftastiq
youngminii: unichan stefftastiq
Palmar: Mataza stefftastiq
Hesmyrr: prplhz
prplhz: sinani206
JeeJee: youngminii
Kavdragon: JeeJee unichan

This is stefftastiq's one post:

On June 04 2011 21:49 stefftastiq wrote:
I'm awake! - imba Daypost!
Day1 always seem to be a bit random - Cant say I have any excellent ideas of finding the scum - but I noted down what I thought while reading up :D

@ace @kevdragon @palmar

some internal joke about caprio I didnt get? why the lynch ?

@Mataza

Interesting that you now this game change strategies for entering the game - both of your last beginnings has been quite 'active' :D

@sinani
I see you name me in your not posted anything yet thread - I posted just before the game started that I was going to sleep.

altho, is a list like this commonly made to lead attention away from 'yourself' ? since ofcourse you never would be named in the list


He only responds to people and does not contribute to the discussion at all. He talks about some joke that obviously does not have to do with the current game, and then asks me and Mataza some silly questions. There had not been too much wrong with Mataza's play at this point in time, so I don't see why he begins metagaming with his first post. His question toward me was particularly pointless, because I specifically stated that it was a list of players who had not posted since the Day 1 post. I obviously could not name myself in the list because by posting the list I myself would be posting. Silly filler questions to help his active lurking regimen.

##Vote stefftastiq



@Palmar - i honestly didnt see that vote myself, but sinani posted his votingcount... which included you so I thought it was legit, it obviously wasnt (maybe even that was done to make people vote in his direction...."

@sinani
why the bad count?
victory not vengeance
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1299
TKL 448
IndyStarCraft 296
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1299
ByuN 500
TKL 448
IndyStarCraft 296
Reynor 263
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 163
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 27
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10408
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps381
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4070
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK8
Other Games
summit1g2392
Liquid`RaSZi2291
fl0m1903
FrodaN1391
B2W.Neo774
olofmeister755
Khaldor438
Beastyqt304
Livibee187
crisheroes177
Mew2King72
ToD52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick536
BasetradeTV190
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach53
• blackmanpl 29
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• 80smullet 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV573
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 58m
Replay Cast
3h 58m
OSC
16h 58m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.