• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:43
CEST 19:43
KST 02:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7927 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 57

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 179 Next
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 11 2011 18:30 GMT
#1121
On April 12 2011 03:28 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:17 GMarshal wrote:
On April 12 2011 03:06 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 12 2011 02:41 GMarshal wrote:
As for the outrage at my medic list, I want to hear who you guys would rather have on it, thats half the point of my list.

Not outrage at all. Actually I'm a bit flattered. But I got ask also - Why Tackster? He has been absent this entire day 1 so far. He may actually be in danger of being mod killed. I'd have to go back and verify that. Dunno if he's posted since the day post or not. But he certainly hasn't posted anything noteworthy yet. I don't get it GMan. And poor Tack might get a complex if he thinks I'm bagging on him. But I'm not. I just wanna know how you can say he's medic protection worthy when he hasn't even posted yet?
And redFF. - I don't get comfy vibes from him man. I don't know what it is but he's not town like I'd want town to be. He's more like somebody else's mouthpiece. I'll give him time to grow on me but right now he makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.


I thought Tack played a really, really solid game in Insane 2 and I'm kind of banking on him doing what he did there and showing up with a massive pro-town post before the day ends.

Is there anyone else you'd like to see included in the list? Anyone who you think is on one of the other lists who dosn't merit it?

I'll be honest with ya man. This is day 1. If you want me to put together a list of who I would like to see at endgame I can do that. Unfortunately probably half of them will be scum. You really called it though. I'm much better at this game after day 2 or 3 than I am at the beginning. But I just don't understand how you can say "Tack played well last game so I hope he does again this game"
I agree 100% with you that he played well. Hell I should be more aware of that than anybody. I got him lynched. But that doesn't mean he's town in this game. I have seen nothing from him to evaluate or analyze. Wanting him to have medic protection with the info you have either means you're naive or you know his alignment. And there is only one way you could know his alignment.


I was actually kind of hoping that his name coming up would make him post, but you are right, its a really basless call if you only analyze the stuff going on in this game and don't look at the meta. I would remove him, but if I didn't make mildly controversial calls, well then there wouldn't be much to discuss no would there? ^_^
Moderator
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 11 2011 18:32 GMT
#1122
On April 12 2011 03:06 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 02:41 GMarshal wrote:
As for the outrage at my medic list, I want to hear who you guys would rather have on it, thats half the point of my list.

Not outrage at all. Actually I'm a bit flattered. But I got ask also - Why Tackster? He has been absent this entire day 1 so far. He may actually be in danger of being mod killed. I'd have to go back and verify that. Dunno if he's posted since the day post or not. But he certainly hasn't posted anything noteworthy yet. I don't get it GMan. And poor Tack might get a complex if he thinks I'm bagging on him. But I'm not. I just wanna know how you can say he's medic protection worthy when he hasn't even posted yet?
And redFF. - I don't get comfy vibes from him man. I don't know what it is but he's not town like I'd want town to be. He's more like somebody else's mouthpiece. I'll give him time to grow on me but right now he makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.


I'm just calling out people who i think are scummy and trying to catch them out on it. I'm just trying to make sure people don't vote for someone like GM just because they see a lot of seemingly well reasoned posts on how pro-town he is.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 11 2011 18:55 GMT
#1123
On March 26 2011 03:53 BrownBear wrote:
4. You may not vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.


tnkted, pandain,DrH Kita.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 18:57 GMT
#1124
On April 12 2011 03:55 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 03:53 BrownBear wrote:
4. You may not vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.


tnkted, pandain,DrH Kita.

I believe this is assumed to mean you can not vote to lynch yourself.
RIP Aaliyah
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
April 11 2011 19:00 GMT
#1125
On April 12 2011 03:55 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 03:53 BrownBear wrote:
4. You may not vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.


tnkted, pandain,DrH Kita.


Mayoral Elections are exempt from this rule.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 11 2011 19:00 GMT
#1126
Oh my bad.
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
April 11 2011 19:02 GMT
#1127
##Vote ilovejonn

Placeholder until I get back from work and read everything tonight.
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
April 11 2011 19:04 GMT
#1128
On April 12 2011 03:22 chaoser wrote:
Hmmm, that's a good point...pardoner is just a prince of darkness...good catch GM. That means red in any type of elected position is powerful. Which means there's DEFINITELY a red run campaign out there.


Do reds generally run multiple people for mayor/pardoner, or just throw all their support to one of them?
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 11 2011 19:06 GMT
#1129
On April 12 2011 04:00 redFF wrote:
Oh my bad.


You sir, have you seen my list? What do you think of it? Do you believe you merit a medic? Who is on the DT list who needs not be there? And who isn't that should?
Moderator
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 11 2011 19:07 GMT
#1130
On April 12 2011 03:32 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:06 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 12 2011 02:41 GMarshal wrote:
As for the outrage at my medic list, I want to hear who you guys would rather have on it, thats half the point of my list.

Not outrage at all. Actually I'm a bit flattered. But I got ask also - Why Tackster? He has been absent this entire day 1 so far. He may actually be in danger of being mod killed. I'd have to go back and verify that. Dunno if he's posted since the day post or not. But he certainly hasn't posted anything noteworthy yet. I don't get it GMan. And poor Tack might get a complex if he thinks I'm bagging on him. But I'm not. I just wanna know how you can say he's medic protection worthy when he hasn't even posted yet?
And redFF. - I don't get comfy vibes from him man. I don't know what it is but he's not town like I'd want town to be. He's more like somebody else's mouthpiece. I'll give him time to grow on me but right now he makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.


I'm just calling out people who i think are scummy and trying to catch them out on it. I'm just trying to make sure people don't vote for someone like GM just because they see a lot of seemingly well reasoned posts on how pro-town he is.

Would you rather they vote for him because of well reasoned posts on why he might be scum??????
Life can only kill you once.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 19:07 GMT
#1131
On April 12 2011 04:04 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:22 chaoser wrote:
Hmmm, that's a good point...pardoner is just a prince of darkness...good catch GM. That means red in any type of elected position is powerful. Which means there's DEFINITELY a red run campaign out there.


Do reds generally run multiple people for mayor/pardoner, or just throw all their support to one of them?

Depends. Usually only one and they want to make sure the race is close so if the mafia mayor/pardoner gets lynched they don't all get caught. Rarely do mafia all just landslide onto a target. Sometimes mafia will drop out though.

Pandain in Insane Mafia 1 is a perfect example of a failed mafia campaign for mayor.

Also I think I know who all three assassins are. Protactinium, my request is you hold back. If you are elected you have no reason to finish your game so quickly and if you're half as good at analysing as I am you've probably come to the same conclusion. This assassin thing could resolve itself pretty quickly though.
RIP Aaliyah
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 11 2011 19:09 GMT
#1132
I'm just trying to make sure people don't vote for someone like GM just because they see a lot of seemingly well reasoned posts on how pro-town he is.


wut lol. I'm confused on this logic
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 19:15 GMT
#1133
if protact isn't elected then i'll publicly announce the list of my assassin suspects so they can just kill eachother off quickly. otherwise i'll hold back so we can use his check at least.again i'd like to see myself as mayor, and protactinium as pardoner, I think that will ultimately be the best scenario for us.
RIP Aaliyah
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 11 2011 19:20 GMT
#1134
On April 12 2011 02:48 GMarshal wrote:
you were also the first person to run for pardoner which suggests to me that you realized its power pretty much off the bat


So I'm a good vig target because I started my campaign first? Priceless.

Does that mean the first mayor candidate should be vig'd too?

On April 12 2011 02:48 GMarshal wrote:
both chaoser and I thought that what pardoning did was get the second highest vote count player lynched, as opposed to just ending the day.


I corrected chaoser on his assumption VERY early into day 1. The fact that you know chaoser was incorrect means you either read that post, meaning "I just realized something" was a lie or you have been in contact with chaoser, meaning you are scum.

On April 12 2011 02:48 GMarshal wrote:
Also you neglect the rest of my post, what do you think about the medic and DT lists?


I have little interest in your attempt to direct blues. The fact that you thought you could hide a vig hit in with a bunch of other information is amusing.

On April 12 2011 03:11 GMarshal wrote:
Yes, Vig Kita, I'm also thinking about having the pardoner lynched immediately upon seizing power, depending on who landed the role, since it is a free extra night for the scum, no amount of stopping bandwagons is worth giving the scum a free night of kills. I'm still toying with the idea, as it really depends on who lands the role.


This is 100% anti-town. If you want to remove the pardoner's power, have him pardon your first lynch. Your method reduces the number of people alive, regardless of whether or not you think he is scum.

On April 12 2011 03:11 GMarshal wrote:
Onto what makes me suspicious of Kita, Dr.H calls him out on it quite early, kita makes some very general remarks on the mayorship "scum might run", "mayor is powerful", etc. He then starts tunneling on Dr.H insisting he is scum


Haha, now you're just starting to smear my name. I called DrH out for explicitly stating that he does not want to be mayor pregame. I have never "tunneled on Dr.H" nor have I ever "insisted he is scum". You are lying.

On April 12 2011 03:11 GMarshal wrote:
His point that he has no backing for mayor is... lacking... if he is in communication with a scumteam then he can happily make them wait to vote to emphasize this point. Point 2 is decent, but I generally frown on too much focus on the meta. Point three is laughable, all pro-town players will argue against lynching innocents, and here he still maintains he might use the pardon as long as its "no on a whim". His final two points are irrelevant.

So basically he is running on a campaign made of fluff trying to grab a power role, and saying he might make use of it. If he had said he was going to categorically not use it I'd be happier, but it seems that as the thread progresses he is warming up to using it


You voted for me. Apparently it was good enough to convince you, until this point? What interests me is what, or who, changed your mind. My ideas have remained consistent since the point you decided to back me.

On April 12 2011 03:11 GMarshal wrote:
Every other one of his posts is against the assassin getting elected into office, which is curious to say the least. I agree with his stance on that but he seems deadset against it, dedicating almost all his effort to stopping his election


Would you rather have me state my point and then hide in the shadows? I see little reason why I should be killed for arguing my opinion. You even admit to agreeing with me on this issue, which confuses me why you are using at as a reason to have me vig'd.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 11 2011 19:21 GMT
#1135
On April 12 2011 04:15 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
if protact isn't elected then i'll publicly announce the list of my assassin suspects so they can just kill eachother off quickly. otherwise i'll hold back so we can use his check at least.again i'd like to see myself as mayor, and protactinium as pardoner, I think that will ultimately be the best scenario for us.

That's the scenario I want to see.
Life can only kill you once.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 11 2011 19:38 GMT
#1136
On April 12 2011 04:06 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 04:00 redFF wrote:
Oh my bad.


You sir, have you seen my list? What do you think of it? Do you believe you merit a medic? Who is on the DT list who needs not be there? And who isn't that should?


This early in the game i think medics and watchers should focus on town they think will be hit or they think will be useful. If a medic thinks i'm town and that i'm doing a good job scumhunting then yeah they should protect me. If they think someone else is better or more likely to be hit then protect them. For medics and watchers its more of a gut call at this stage. Dt wise, i'd like for them to check people who they suspect or who they can't get a read on. Once again at this stage a gut call. That being said there is no harm in a blue looking at your list for ideas on who to check/save/follow/watch.
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 11 2011 19:40 GMT
#1137
So I just caught up on the thread again, and to jump back a few pages-- why am I on everyone's list for assassin, again? I confused 'thee banhammers' for 'three assassins' since three is the number of assassins there seem to always be in a game, as evidenced by prot admitting that there are in fact three assassins. Is that the entire foundation of the case against me or what? I don't want to get insta-shot for this when the game's barely begun. :/
:3
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 11 2011 19:42 GMT
#1138
On April 12 2011 04:04 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 03:22 chaoser wrote:
Hmmm, that's a good point...pardoner is just a prince of darkness...good catch GM. That means red in any type of elected position is powerful. Which means there's DEFINITELY a red run campaign out there.


Do reds generally run multiple people for mayor/pardoner, or just throw all their support to one of them?

I only have one game of mafia under my belt, but I played as mafia that game and we did not ever even consider running someone for mayor. However, there was a early blue role-claim that kinda made the election situation abnormal, so I probably take that with a grain of salt.

Just saying that it is possible that mafia is running multiple campaigns, only one campaign, or no campaign at all, so there is no definitive list we can get from the election by itself.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 11 2011 19:42 GMT
#1139
On April 12 2011 04:40 Eiii wrote:
So I just caught up on the thread again, and to jump back a few pages-- why am I on everyone's list for assassin, again? I confused 'thee banhammers' for 'three assassins' since three is the number of assassins there seem to always be in a game, as evidenced by prot admitting that there are in fact three assassins. Is that the entire foundation of the case against me or what? I don't want to get insta-shot for this when the game's barely begun. :/

yes and the fact that you're laying so low otherwise. is that all you have to say with all that has happened today?

"hey im not the assassin dont shoot me"
RIP Aaliyah
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 11 2011 19:46 GMT
#1140
I haven't even finished reading the entire thread yet-- I just hit the point where I was called out as assassin twice in a row and posted this, since I have to leave in like five minutes. Midday classes suck when you're playing mafia, sorry. :/
:3
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 292
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 241
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe52
Counter-Strike
fl0m4999
pashabiceps699
Fnx 646
x6flipin293
edward27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
singsing2007
Grubby1505
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Beastyqt660
C9.Mang0255
crisheroes251
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins195
dupreeh171
IndyStarCraft 166
Trikslyr92
QueenE89
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH282
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3352
• WagamamaTV529
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade666
Other Games
• Shiphtur803
• imaqtpie465
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 17m
INu's Battles
17h 17m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 17m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.