• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:00
CEST 08:00
KST 15:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7977 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 41

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 179 Next
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 10 2011 21:13 GMT
#801
On April 11 2011 06:11 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:10 GMarshal wrote:
On April 11 2011 06:05 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
so vote for me and put protact in as pardoner so we can at least force him to use his powers for us without wasting a significant role on him imo


we can't "force" him to do anything without hurting the town... we've gone through this, the only conceivable plan of forcing him to do anything wastes far too many town resources. We can *hope* he does what he says he will, and I'm not voting based on *hope*.

Either way, I'm done arguing about pro.

I think if he is at least put up as pardoner then we will shut up about him at least. As long as he agrees to use his check on our whim I don't see the problem with that.


No, quite the opposite. If we put him as pardoner, he will be scrutinized and distract the town for the first half of the game. The real way for us to stop talking about him is to not elect him and let him get night killed by the other assassins.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 21:13 GMT
#802
On April 11 2011 06:12 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:01 Pandain wrote:
actually you know what.
IT would still work.
I just don't run.

I'm not dt

After reading through Pandain's flight of fancy, I just wanted to give my two cents. Assuming Pandain is either green or scum, which I'm going to because anything else is going to break my brain/heart/misc vital organs, I still believe protecting Protact with the Pardoner position only is a good idea. Arguing about assassin business is not. Just forget he's an assassin imo, which is why I don't endorse him for Mayor. That would make it impossible to forget he's black.

I have no idea about who should be mayor. I want someone who's calm, collected, and proven a good analyst. Someone people can get behind and argue with without creating a mess for scum to hide behind. The more vets post about each mayoral candidate and their thoughts, the better reads we newbies can get on the whole thing.

Sorry if any of my points are disagreeable, I am admittedly new at this.

i'm the most calm and collected person here
RIP Aaliyah
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 21:14 GMT
#803
On April 10 2011 21:17 Barundar wrote:
Kavdragon, I feel you need to put more effort into your campaign, you posted a lot during night 0, but seem to have gone more quiet around your own candidacy.


Yes, sorry about that. Regardless of whether or not I win, I'm going to be trying to help everyone get jump started. I'm currently working on a rather large post, but it was interrupted by a sudden realization. I'll reveal later, but it wouldn't make sense to do so now. Hopefully I'll have both done by this afternoon.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 21:15 GMT
#804
On April 11 2011 06:13 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:11 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 11 2011 06:10 GMarshal wrote:
On April 11 2011 06:05 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
so vote for me and put protact in as pardoner so we can at least force him to use his powers for us without wasting a significant role on him imo


we can't "force" him to do anything without hurting the town... we've gone through this, the only conceivable plan of forcing him to do anything wastes far too many town resources. We can *hope* he does what he says he will, and I'm not voting based on *hope*.

Either way, I'm done arguing about pro.

I think if he is at least put up as pardoner then we will shut up about him at least. As long as he agrees to use his check on our whim I don't see the problem with that.


No, quite the opposite. If we put him as pardoner, he will be scrutinized and distract the town for the first half of the game. The real way for us to stop talking about him is to not elect him and let him get night killed by the other assassins.

Pandain does have a point that if he's elected he is somehow accountable to us to use his powers in a pro-town way. Pardoner isn't a very useful role for town. I do worry though that too much attention will be focused on protactinium.

If the town can hold itself together and manipulate protact while still focusing on scumhunting that would be great but maybe I'm too optimistic.
RIP Aaliyah
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 10 2011 21:15 GMT
#805
On April 11 2011 06:13 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i'm the most calm and collected person here[/QUOTE]
And I'm the fucking easter bunny.
Life can only kill you once.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 21:16 GMT
#806
On April 11 2011 06:14 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 21:17 Barundar wrote:
Kavdragon, I feel you need to put more effort into your campaign, you posted a lot during night 0, but seem to have gone more quiet around your own candidacy.


Yes, sorry about that. Regardless of whether or not I win, I'm going to be trying to help everyone get jump started. I'm currently working on a rather large post, but it was interrupted by a sudden realization. I'll reveal later, but it wouldn't make sense to do so now. Hopefully I'll have both done by this afternoon.

i hope your realization is that i am scum
RIP Aaliyah
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 21:18 GMT
#807
On April 11 2011 06:12 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:01 Pandain wrote:
actually you know what.
IT would still work.
I just don't run.

I'm not dt

After reading through Pandain's flight of fancy, I just wanted to give my two cents. Assuming Pandain is either green or scum, which I'm going to because anything else is going to break my brain/heart/misc vital organs, I still believe protecting Protact with the Pardoner position only is a good idea. Arguing about assassin business is not. Just forget he's an assassin imo, which is why I don't endorse him for Mayor. That would make it impossible to forget he's black.

I have no idea about who should be mayor. I want someone who's calm, collected, and proven a good analyst. Someone people can get behind and argue with without creating a mess for scum to hide behind. The more vets post about each mayoral candidate and their thoughts, the better reads we newbies can get on the whole thing.

Sorry if any of my points are disagreeable, I am admittedly new at this.


Sounds like you're looking for what I'm looking for in a mayor. You should vote for me!
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
April 10 2011 21:21 GMT
#808
On April 11 2011 06:16 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:14 Kavdragon wrote:
On April 10 2011 21:17 Barundar wrote:
Kavdragon, I feel you need to put more effort into your campaign, you posted a lot during night 0, but seem to have gone more quiet around your own candidacy.


Yes, sorry about that. Regardless of whether or not I win, I'm going to be trying to help everyone get jump started. I'm currently working on a rather large post, but it was interrupted by a sudden realization. I'll reveal later, but it wouldn't make sense to do so now. Hopefully I'll have both done by this afternoon.

i hope your realization is that i am scum


Stay tuned for the dramatic announcement!

I thought his posts before the game started were decent, but not I'm not so sure. I guess we can decide after the big announcement is made. I hope it's juicy.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 21:22 GMT
#809
Kav if you're claiming a role I swear to god...
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 21:23:00
April 10 2011 21:22 GMT
#810
This is already starting to get too personal for my liking, particularly in the attacks on Pandain. Please manner up, guys, and stop insulting each others' intelligence, just keep arguments focused on the game.
SUNSFANNED
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 21:23 GMT
#811
On April 11 2011 06:21 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:16 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 11 2011 06:14 Kavdragon wrote:
On April 10 2011 21:17 Barundar wrote:
Kavdragon, I feel you need to put more effort into your campaign, you posted a lot during night 0, but seem to have gone more quiet around your own candidacy.


Yes, sorry about that. Regardless of whether or not I win, I'm going to be trying to help everyone get jump started. I'm currently working on a rather large post, but it was interrupted by a sudden realization. I'll reveal later, but it wouldn't make sense to do so now. Hopefully I'll have both done by this afternoon.

i hope your realization is that i am scum


Stay tuned for the dramatic announcement!

I thought his posts before the game started were decent, but not I'm not so sure. I guess we can decide after the big announcement is made. I hope it's juicy.

why? yeah they're "good" advice and thats why scum post like that, but it really comes off as a front to me

see aidnai in experimental mini mafia for a great example of what im talking about
RIP Aaliyah
The_Roist
Profile Joined April 2010
United States58 Posts
April 10 2011 21:24 GMT
#812
On April 11 2011 04:54 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 04:51 The_Roist wrote:
I've never seen a game get so worked up over a ninja/witch hunt before. Never one that the town has won anyway...

We always brawl on day 1.


Do you guys? Its my first time playing Mafia with TL, you guys are far more...aggressive? Then the guys i'm used to playing with.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 10 2011 21:26 GMT
#813
On April 11 2011 06:24 The_Roist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 04:54 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:51 The_Roist wrote:
I've never seen a game get so worked up over a ninja/witch hunt before. Never one that the town has won anyway...

We always brawl on day 1.


Do you guys? Its my first time playing Mafia with TL, you guys are far more...aggressive? Then the guys i'm used to playing with.


Just don't lurk and you should be fine ^_^

Thoughts on the mayor race?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 21:27 GMT
#814
On April 11 2011 06:24 The_Roist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 04:54 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:51 The_Roist wrote:
I've never seen a game get so worked up over a ninja/witch hunt before. Never one that the town has won anyway...

We always brawl on day 1.


Do you guys? Its my first time playing Mafia with TL, you guys are far more...aggressive? Then the guys i'm used to playing with.


It's the BROOKLYN RAGE in all of us.

Okay. These are scenarios I am somewhat comfortable with:
Mayor/Pardoner:
Myself/Protactinium
Gmarshal/Protacinium


I concur but....Y U NO INCLUDE ME????
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 21:29 GMT
#815
Honestly DrH/Protact seems like the best case for mayor right not, as they are the two towniest people i can see. I wouldn't mind gmarshall in a position of power too. Also Pandain must be scum there is no way somebody who is town would make people argue about something that isn't true for 10 pages.
Robellicose
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England245 Posts
April 10 2011 21:29 GMT
#816
On April 11 2011 06:10 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:09 Mig wrote:
A couple things since Dr.H is still saying I am mafia. It's incorrect to say all I I am trying to do is repeat pro town comments.

I believe there are only 2 posts where this could be argued. The first one I made on p27 I basically said exactly what Dr.H did but I posted it at almost the exact same time as him because I was typing it up at the same time.

The 2nd post that could look suspicious was on the top of p28. In that post I made 2 points that hadn't been mentioned previously. That A) if we were worried about prot not doing what we tell him if he becomes mayor we can control him with the medics. If we just give him medic protection then hes basically held hostage by us since if he doesn't do exactly what we want we can just not protect him and we don't lose anything. B) that its still a risk to use medics on him since we don't know the actual role numbers and the assassins may outnumber our medics to where we can't possibly protect him.

Someone said I was wishy washy for listing both points but I was trying to discuss what our optimal play was so I listed the pros and cons as I saw them, I still gave my opinion that it was too risky to use our medics on him.

I want to add I think it is suspicious how Dr.H is playing. It's in the best interest for the town for the new players to post as much as possible. They are the ones most likely to give up information and they will be most easily read by the vets so the more they post the better. With how Dr.H is playing it really discourages new people from posting out of fear that they may just be labeled as bandwagoning onto other pro town comments.

Dr.H can say hes just putting pressure on people to force mistakes but I think attacking the new players would be a very viable strategy for an aggressive mafia. After they attack a new player its likely the new player will either attack them back blindly or will start to post less. Either of which would make the new player appear suspicious.

now im 100% sure


Going to agree with you here. This just makes mig sooo much more suspicious. Also withdrawing my suspicion from you DocH. Your posts that made me worry have been outweighed by the solid ones since.

Also Pandain, if you're going to fake roleclaim, on Day 1 no less, then we can't trust anything you're going to do for the rest of the game really.

can we lynch him soon please?
Portentious and Pretentious
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 21:30 GMT
#817
On April 11 2011 06:27 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:24 The_Roist wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:54 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:51 The_Roist wrote:
I've never seen a game get so worked up over a ninja/witch hunt before. Never one that the town has won anyway...

We always brawl on day 1.


Do you guys? Its my first time playing Mafia with TL, you guys are far more...aggressive? Then the guys i'm used to playing with.


It's the BROOKLYN RAGE in all of us.

Show nested quote +
Okay. These are scenarios I am somewhat comfortable with:
Mayor/Pardoner:
Myself/Protactinium
Gmarshal/Protacinium


I concur but....Y U NO INCLUDE ME????

my read on you is blank, that's why
RIP Aaliyah
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 10 2011 21:30 GMT
#818
On April 11 2011 06:26 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2011 06:24 The_Roist wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:54 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 11 2011 04:51 The_Roist wrote:
I've never seen a game get so worked up over a ninja/witch hunt before. Never one that the town has won anyway...

We always brawl on day 1.


Do you guys? Its my first time playing Mafia with TL, you guys are far more...aggressive? Then the guys i'm used to playing with.


Just don't lurk and you should be fine ^_^

Thoughts on the mayor race?

Just to keep it posted, it's currently

GMarshal: 4
Protact: 3
DrH: 1
tnkted: 1
kitaman27: 1
Who dat ninja?
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 21:31 GMT
#819
EBYOP: Pandain fucked up town for 5 pages my bad.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 10 2011 21:32 GMT
#820
We need people who are obviously not going to be elected to either do a large post to cement their bid for mayor with solid reasoning or to withdraw their bids.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft747
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 595
Stork 252
ggaemo 221
Leta 155
PianO 55
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Reynor59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King223
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0312
PiGStarcraft186
Sick155
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2232
League of Legends
• Lourlo1328
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 1m
Online Event
5h 1m
FEL
10h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.