• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7864 users

TL Mafia XXX - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 108 Next
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 06 2010 04:58 GMT
#281
hard to faciliate discussion when nothings really happened - i think its really hard to judge on posting early on tbh

after the clusterfuck of actions which will go on then everythings gonna take place in PM land sighhh

mafia letting one of their own get lynched day 1 = epic fail
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 06 2010 04:58 GMT
#282
On August 06 2010 13:56 Protactinium wrote:
Sorry, I feel like derailing for just one little moment to boost my ego.
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 12:26 tree.hugger wrote:
...
And BC n' co. needed Subversion to run naked through the town with "DT" painted in blue on his chest before they hit someone of consequence. The mafia sucked at blue sniping last game.

Are you sure about that, tree.hugger?

Disregarding the bomb, detail to me how all the blues were dead by Night 4. Explain to me how Roffles died Night 2, and how we hit a Veteran night 1. And no, I didn't need Subversion to "run naked" through the metaphorical town. We could have killed him any time we wanted. BloodyC0bbler had the blue roster being lakrismamma/sINiquity/bumatlarge (two for three). d3 was read for a vet, and Divinek claimed. The only ones we didn't figure out were the two town KP roles, and there was no need to. Only reason we "sucked" at blue sniping by your definition was because we were nerfed by having 2 KP instead of 3, and having two veterans and two medics makes for permanently invincible people if not stacked. Add to that the fact that if you hit somebody and they survive, they are confirmed town due to the fact that Mafia cannot hit their own. Think about all that, and then tell us again that Mafia sucked at bluesniping last game.

Alright, just wanted to say that. Enjoy the game!


do you seriously not know what a pm is
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 06 2010 05:00 GMT
#283
On August 06 2010 13:56 Protactinium wrote:
Sorry, I feel like derailing for just one little moment to boost my ego.
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 12:26 tree.hugger wrote:
...
And BC n' co. needed Subversion to run naked through the town with "DT" painted in blue on his chest before they hit someone of consequence. The mafia sucked at blue sniping last game.

Are you sure about that, tree.hugger?

Disregarding the bomb, detail to me how all the blues were dead by Night 4. Explain to me how Roffles died Night 2, and how we hit a Veteran night 1. And no, I didn't need Subversion to "run naked" through the metaphorical town. We could have killed him any time we wanted. BloodyC0bbler had the blue roster being lakrismamma/sINiquity/bumatlarge (two for three). d3 was read for a vet, and Divinek claimed. The only ones we didn't figure out were the two town KP roles, and there was no need to. Only reason we "sucked" at blue sniping by your definition was because we were nerfed by having 2 KP instead of 3, and having two veterans and two medics makes for permanently invincible people if not stacked. Add to that the fact that if you hit somebody and they survive, they are confirmed town due to the fact that Mafia cannot hit their own. Think about all that, and then tell us again that Mafia sucked at bluesniping last game.

Alright, just wanted to say that. Enjoy the game!

Nobody likes smurfs.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 06 2010 05:08 GMT
#284
Regarding inactivity, last game both SouthRawea and Xelin were very inactive, if we had lynched them earlier for this we would have gotten the IT before he had a chance to wreck us. instead we pushed for supposedly obvious lynches. Day 2, not a single person on the kill list was mafia. Mafia can be quiet as well.

The reason for lynching inactives is because it forces activity which is good for the town. Regardless of your alignment if you are not posting and barely contributing you are anti-town. The Traitor role is added to games because having even one town person trying cause problems can balance a game where the mafia is too weak. Every person who creates chaos for sake of chaos or who hides and doesn't post is effectively playing a traitor role. The town feels good if a lynch gets the traitor even though he isn't technically red. For some players even if they flip green town should cheer because at least we got traitor even if in name only.

If everyone is active then sure, lets look at posts for day one, but if we have inactives you can be sure I will be voting for them because regardless of how they flip the town is better off.

Sorry for the rant, but is something I have been pondering for a while and wanted to share.



Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 06 2010 05:15 GMT
#285
On August 06 2010 13:54 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 13:44 youngminii wrote:
On August 06 2010 13:41 bumatlarge wrote:
No cheezedoodle, I will not accept your methods this game, I better see some quality posting, or extremely awesome chez posts at least. Dont try to justify it young.

Why are you being so hard on Chez? I mean he's not BAD, but when people try to imitate him it's bad (case in point: DTA last game). I don't see why you're trying to force him to change his play when it works for him. Yeah it's annoying but if it works, it works.

What's the bet that if Chez does change his style, bum will accuse him of being scum because of his changed ways?


Wow I wasnt one to get on people's ass for what they said on the first day, but I may have to change that. If chez changes his style, I will eat my words. Ive seen him try to be smart about the game and succeed. You are justifying him again. If it works? He was red, and town doesnt lynch him eventually because hes being chezinu (has happened before). DOESNT WORK. Ok hes blue and hes trying to lead the scum astray, but gets lynched eventually. DOESNT WORK. Hes green, and mafia wont touch him anyway, town lynches him eventually, and although hes not blue, still a wasted lynch. DOESNT WORK.

Or can I assume that by "it works", you mean it works for mafia. Im not pointing a finger at you, but you excusing him is silly. Chez knows how to act normal. Dont egg him on.

I'm not saying "LET'S NOT LYNCH CHEZ BECAUSE OF HIS STYLE! HE'S IMMUNE" I'm saying it's okay for him to play that way and anything that happens down the road that gives town cause to lynch him is fine, but immediately going to lynch him because of the way he always plays is dumb as fuck.

Why don't you include the scenario where he possibly snipes a red? Bias bias bias.
Look I'm not saying Chez isn't red, I'm just saying your reasoning for lynching him isn't valid at all.
lalala
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
August 06 2010 05:32 GMT
#286
On August 06 2010 13:44 youngminii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 13:41 bumatlarge wrote:
No cheezedoodle, I will not accept your methods this game, I better see some quality posting, or extremely awesome chez posts at least. Dont try to justify it young.

Why are you being so hard on Chez? I mean he's not BAD, but when people try to imitate him it's bad (case in point: DTA last game). I don't see why you're trying to force him to change his play when it works for him. Yeah it's annoying but if it works, it works.

What's the bet that if Chez does change his style, bum will accuse him of being scum because of his changed ways?


Who said I was trying to imitate Chezinu last game? I've already said that Chez's style is much better than what I did last game, and takes more effort than I cared to take at the time.

That said, your play wasn't all that great last game either youngminii. The difference is that you were playing seriously and I wasn't, until the end.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
August 06 2010 05:40 GMT
#287
BillMurray, right after he got his two "random" votes against him wrote:

I proclaim the Random Voting Stage hereby dead.
I am voting not for randomness,


An obvious reason to stick with my vote.
since 98'
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
August 06 2010 05:44 GMT
#288
BTW this leaves BillMurray and divinek tied at 3 votes each.
since 98'
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
August 06 2010 05:54 GMT
#289
I still hate voting for inactives on day one because it's so pointless.

and the random voting stage is already over after only a few hours...???? Oh incoming bandwagon
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
August 06 2010 05:57 GMT
#290
I would say BillMurray's concern about not being randomly voted to be killed justifies that he probably isn't a Townie.
since 98'
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 06 2010 05:59 GMT
#291
Or maybe BM's busy with real life, like he was for 203948230 hours last game.
lalala
VayeshMoru
Profile Joined September 2009
201 Posts
August 06 2010 06:00 GMT
#292
I have just spent time reading some of the game Bill Murray just ran. I seem to be be at a crossroads now. The town last game early on was against random bandwagons starting. But I see this what would be defined as a mistake I suppose happening again. Is this meant to draw information? Although this early on I don't see how it would give you much to go on.

If I understand how this game should be done, should we not be concentrating on a more logical method for our lynching? I think it would be at least prudent if we discussed who was getting votes and why. As of now I see Divinek and Bill Murray tied at 3 votes. After looking at this, then comparing to what has been said, why are there no reasons posted? Is this method not too chaotic?
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 06 2010 06:00 GMT
#293
On August 06 2010 14:32 DarthThienAn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 13:44 youngminii wrote:
On August 06 2010 13:41 bumatlarge wrote:
No cheezedoodle, I will not accept your methods this game, I better see some quality posting, or extremely awesome chez posts at least. Dont try to justify it young.

Why are you being so hard on Chez? I mean he's not BAD, but when people try to imitate him it's bad (case in point: DTA last game). I don't see why you're trying to force him to change his play when it works for him. Yeah it's annoying but if it works, it works.

What's the bet that if Chez does change his style, bum will accuse him of being scum because of his changed ways?


Who said I was trying to imitate Chezinu last game? I've already said that Chez's style is much better than what I did last game, and takes more effort than I cared to take at the time.

That said, your play wasn't all that great last game either youngminii. The difference is that you were playing seriously and I wasn't, until the end.

I know I played bad, but so did you, and you can't make excuses for that.
lalala
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
August 06 2010 06:03 GMT
#294
Hi guys. I haven't read any posts past page 10 yet, but I will probably tomorrow, its late today :/ All I have to add right now is, we really need to be cutting down on the spam as townies, I'm sure I don't need to explain how spam makes it easier for the mafia to get by just by posting BS, thus letting them hide amongst the spam. That is all.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
August 06 2010 06:04 GMT
#295
Can you stop talking about previous games? It kind of ruins the fun.
since 98'
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 06 2010 06:05 GMT
#296
Maybe we are posting a bit too much (I don't think it's as much as last game lol).. Isn't the whole point of all this to generate discussion though? I mean, what else are we going to do, sit around and twiddle our thumbs?
lalala
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 06 2010 06:06 GMT
#297
On August 06 2010 14:54 Jayme wrote:
I still hate voting for inactives on day one because it's so pointless.

and the random voting stage is already over after only a few hours...???? Oh incoming bandwagon


1.Gets people talking(more info)
2.Force potential lurkers/mafia trying to hide to talk more, reveal stuff.
3.(going along with #1) Encourages people to talk and share opinions

Compared with random lynching, in which case we have a
1/5 chance of hitting mafia
4/5 chance of NOT
Depending on # of Ninjas (someone said 3? I'll go with that) than
1/10 chance of hitting ninja
and more of a chance of hitting a blue than a red(on the assumption theres at least one blue of every role.)

On August 06 2010 14:57 larjarse wrote:
I would say BillMurray's concern about not being randomly voted to be killed justifies that he probably isn't a Townie.


Yeah, because its a just cause to accuse someone of being mafia because they have 2 votes out of 30. Not that he's neccesarily innocent, but as of now we should lynch an inactive for the reasons I stated above.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 06 2010 06:18 GMT
#298
Targeting inactives is the best way to go right now. To that end, I'm voting Jayme, who has not posted since his signup post, unless I missed something.
SUNSFANNED
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 06 2010 06:21 GMT
#299
...and Jayme just voted, so nevermind, lol.

I would like him to post in the thread though.
SUNSFANNED
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
August 06 2010 06:45 GMT
#300
On August 06 2010 13:32 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 13:13 Misder wrote:
@Divenek I'll try to be as active as possible. I was better during the end of that last mafia game. At least I was right for my lynching targets

I'm not used to being active early game, so lets try this out. From my last two games, it seemed like we always tried to vote for inactives, except for the XXIII where town voted for a one liner mistake. We shouldn't do that. Because just because you make one mistake early doesn't mean you are mafia, just more likely. We should always be suspicious, but not impulsive. And the other game was where we had to vote for a mayor and a pardoner, so people had to talk.

As for strategies in the beginning... no idea. I'm still learning, (I still haven't done what you told me to do BC sorry!)


What are you even saying? Be sure to post a little bit more, because there isnt much substance here.


xD I'm sorry! I'll try to post better, but for me, it's hard to post in the beginning of the game...

Vote count is:
(3) Bill Murray
(1) Divinek
(1) Misder
(1) Chezinu
(1) Youngminii

On August 06 2010 14:40 larjarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
BillMurray, right after he got his two "random" votes against him wrote:

I proclaim the Random Voting Stage hereby dead.
I am voting not for randomness,


An obvious reason to stick with my vote.


This leaves my suspicions on BM. If everyone randomized, BM would be more likely to get a higher vote count (due to already having 2 votes on him). I'm not voting yet though; don't want to be impulsive...
Whaaaa?
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 108 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 465
Bale 38
League of Legends
Doublelift5288
Other Games
summit1g9143
JimRising 515
ViBE245
Livibee204
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick656
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur556
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 10m
Patches Events
14h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 10m
OSC
22h 10m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.