• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8098 users

TL Mafia XX - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 77 Next
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 10 2010 20:32 GMT
#221
On March 11 2010 05:12 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
As for mayoral elections.

I, BloodyC0bbler, am running for office.

With the setup of this game, and the fact elected positions can be RC'd, the elected positions are far more likely to end up in townie hands. This is a good thing, and I believe it is in our best interests to make sure town can get in.

I believe that I would be a good candidate because I have many games worth of experience, a few as an elected official, and others where I have have helped in the pinning of reds. I believe that from this experience I will be able to help the town quickly and hopefully bring about a swift end to the mafia.

The Plan:
The plan is simple. Whoever is elected (in this case I would love it to be me), but regardless, whoever is elected. The dt or dt's will both check the elected officials. I would say if your a dt and numbered 1-12 on the list, check the mayor, 13-25 check the pardoner. Instantly we have information. If they are a blue role you write it down. If they are red, speak up to someone (possibly wait a day to find a green person in a check). Reveal the findings, person dies.
If they are green, keep them on a seperate list.

Soon as you get two greens, RC them, and tell them who you checked and start a circle.
If you get blues. Keep that info to yourself until you need it proved. If you find a dt, make them check someone (most likely one you've checked to confirm), medic prot someone, vig hit someone, etc...

Anyone who flips red dies.

For all those who are not a dt. Constantly update your posts in the archive thread, and carefully analyze peoples posting behaviours. If you think something is a tell, or feel they are scummy, rather than just point a finger, really sit down and prove it. But be aware that if you cause the death of an important player and they flip town, you will prob quickly follow.

Medics, protect the bgs with your life. We will randomly pick one from the list of two, and then tell you to prot them.

Past protecting the bgs, no one talk to them in PM's, IM's, or IRC, period. They are not confirmable, do not associate with them. They can talk via thread, feel free to respond to them here, do not tell them anything.

Conclusion:
This game can be won very easily if we play it smart. I believe outside of my general plan to play, the reason I should be elected is I believe I will represent a threat to the mafia, which means they will have to actively try to remove me, which will give themselves away. If they don't I will continue to strengthen the town, and effectively force them to GG.

Beware, this ain't fool proof. Don't say I didn't tell you. Watch for "green" politicians:

Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.
Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 10 2010 20:51 GMT
#222
the only reason that post isn't completely useless is because of the corleone quote.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
March 10 2010 20:52 GMT
#223
The game has started, right?
When will we get our Day1 post?
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 10 2010 20:55 GMT
#224
On March 11 2010 05:52 Abenson wrote:
The game has started, right?
When will we get our Day1 post?


reading the thread is a good skill to have
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 10 2010 20:58 GMT
#225
On March 11 2010 05:51 Versatile wrote:
the only reason that post isn't completely useless is because of the corleone quote.

Lies/spam/not paying attention. I'o'no. + Show Spoiler +
Hint: Corleone the G__F____r.

AKA: thus far voting for L.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
March 10 2010 21:17 GMT
#226
On March 11 2010 05:55 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2010 05:52 Abenson wrote:
The game has started, right?
When will we get our Day1 post?


reading the thread is a good skill toi have


Corrected
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 10 2010 21:34 GMT
#227
Wait - both elected roles aren't immune to rolechecks?
I skipped over that part - this is pretty major change. It's a huge disincentive for mafia to run for the role...unless there are no detectives at all in this game and the whole detective thing is just a red herring.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
March 10 2010 21:50 GMT
#228
On March 11 2010 03:36 Vivi57 wrote:
ok, with this format the detective should roleclaim and get elected as mayor. The second dt can check him on n1 to make sure he's legit. Yes, this leaves some possibility of gf getting mayor as a dt, but we should be able to see through fake role checks soon enough.

With a dt as mayor, we can amass a large group of confirmed townies and use that to win. Ignore anything ace says about lynching all claimers, this move is too powerful to ignore.


... didn't we already try this one time? ... WAIT DIDN'T I ALREADY TRY THIS ONE TIME?

Excellent thinking guys!

[image loading]

citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 10 2010 21:50 GMT
#229
On March 11 2010 06:34 Zona wrote:
Wait - both elected roles aren't immune to rolechecks?
I skipped over that part - this is pretty major change. It's a huge disincentive for mafia to run for the role...unless there are no detectives at all in this game and the whole detective thing is just a red herring.

Hmmm... I was pretty sure that's why you posted this:

On March 11 2010 01:17 Zona wrote:
Looks like the game's started - we have to scrutinize the people who run for elections very closely.

Otherwise why would these elections be special?? Also, is nobody paying attention to what this means? I ain't explaining it AGAIN.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
March 10 2010 22:17 GMT
#230
It isn't safe for normal mafia to run for office, so they won't do that, the main danger here is GF. (Being unfamiliar with the busdriver rules, a mafia aligned one could switch the DT check off the elected official maybe?) Regardless we want to avoid getting a GF into office. Right now we have JeeJee, L, and BC running for office, chances are one of them is going to be GF. I'm going to withhold my vote until I see some more from the candidates or if there are anymore people that announce their campaign.
One does not simply walk into mordor
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
March 10 2010 22:30 GMT
#231
I'm going to put myself forward for office, wasn't going to as I have an essay due tomorrow and didnt expect to be able to pay attention to this but seems like I'm going to be able to due to my laziness//need to procrastinate.

I think I am good at analysing peoples allignment from their posts, and is something that I've gotten better at the more games I've played.

DT's being able to rolecheck elected also means that I could be trusted early on and co-ordinate with blues to get us a decisive win early on.

Also i'd quite like to play an elected position simply because I have not had the chance before and it would make the game more exciting (for me).

Elect XeliN !
Adonai bless
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 10 2010 22:35 GMT
#232
Face palm...
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
March 10 2010 22:38 GMT
#233
execute: XeliN
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
March 10 2010 22:39 GMT
#234
On March 11 2010 07:17 Fulgrim wrote:
It isn't safe for normal mafia to run for office, so they won't do that, the main danger here is GF. (Being unfamiliar with the busdriver rules, a mafia aligned one could switch the DT check off the elected official maybe?) Regardless we want to avoid getting a GF into office. Right now we have JeeJee, L, and BC running for office, chances are one of them is going to be GF. I'm going to withhold my vote until I see some more from the candidates or if there are anymore people that announce their campaign.


I highly doubt that the mafia is already organized to the point where they got a guy running for office right now. It usually takes them a bit to decide what their plan is and who's going to run. I'd watch and see who comes to run later in the day.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 10 2010 22:45 GMT
#235
Elect johnnyspazz for mayor because I am a newb at this game. Electing me is basically a win-win situation. I am so bad that if I was mafia, the veterans would probably see through my posting by the second day and convince the town to lynch me.
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 10 2010 22:50 GMT
#236
On March 11 2010 06:50 nemY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2010 03:36 Vivi57 wrote:
ok, with this format the detective should roleclaim and get elected as mayor. The second dt can check him on n1 to make sure he's legit. Yes, this leaves some possibility of gf getting mayor as a dt, but we should be able to see through fake role checks soon enough.

With a dt as mayor, we can amass a large group of confirmed townies and use that to win. Ignore anything ace says about lynching all claimers, this move is too powerful to ignore.


... didn't we already try this one time? ... WAIT DIDN'T I ALREADY TRY THIS ONE TIME?

Excellent thinking guys!

[image loading]


Its not entirely wrong. That said, there are better options than telling mafia who the DTs are prior to having the votes secured. When they're all locked in, then you can be like "lol suplise".
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 10 2010 22:52 GMT
#237
On March 11 2010 07:30 XeliN wrote:
I'm going to put myself forward for office, wasn't going to as I have an essay due tomorrow and didnt expect to be able to pay attention to this but seems like I'm going to be able to due to my laziness//need to procrastinate.

I think I am good at analysing peoples allignment from their posts, and is something that I've gotten better at the more games I've played.

DT's being able to rolecheck elected also means that I could be trusted early on and co-ordinate with blues to get us a decisive win early on.

Also i'd quite like to play an elected position simply because I have not had the chance before and it would make the game more exciting (for me).

Elect XeliN !


On March 11 2010 07:35 citi.zen wrote:
Face palm...


On March 11 2010 07:38 nemY wrote:
execute: XeliN


A natural born politician!

Go do the essay, XeliN.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 10 2010 22:54 GMT
#238
one second thought, don't elect me because we need our good town players to have body guard protection. it would suck if it turned out we elected mafia.
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
March 10 2010 23:25 GMT
#239
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 11 2010 05:12 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
As for mayoral elections.

I, BloodyC0bbler, am running for office.

With the setup of this game, and the fact elected positions can be RC'd, the elected positions are far more likely to end up in townie hands. This is a good thing, and I believe it is in our best interests to make sure town can get in.

I believe that I would be a good candidate because I have many games worth of experience, a few as an elected official, and others where I have have helped in the pinning of reds. I believe that from this experience I will be able to help the town quickly and hopefully bring about a swift end to the mafia.

The Plan:
The plan is simple. Whoever is elected (in this case I would love it to be me), but regardless, whoever is elected. The dt or dt's will both check the elected officials. I would say if your a dt and numbered 1-12 on the list, check the mayor, 13-25 check the pardoner. Instantly we have information. If they are a blue role you write it down. If they are red, speak up to someone (possibly wait a day to find a green person in a check). Reveal the findings, person dies.
If they are green, keep them on a seperate list.

Soon as you get two greens, RC them, and tell them who you checked and start a circle.
If you get blues. Keep that info to yourself until you need it proved. If you find a dt, make them check someone (most likely one you've checked to confirm), medic prot someone, vig hit someone, etc...

Anyone who flips red dies.

For all those who are not a dt. Constantly update your posts in the archive thread, and carefully analyze peoples posting behaviours. If you think something is a tell, or feel they are scummy, rather than just point a finger, really sit down and prove it. But be aware that if you cause the death of an important player and they flip town, you will prob quickly follow.

Medics, protect the bgs with your life. We will randomly pick one from the list of two, and then tell you to prot them.

Past protecting the bgs, no one talk to them in PM's, IM's, or IRC, period. They are not confirmable, do not associate with them. They can talk via thread, feel free to respond to them here, do not tell them anything.

Conclusion:
This game can be won very easily if we play it smart. I believe outside of my general plan to play, the reason I should be elected is I believe I will represent a threat to the mafia, which means they will have to actively try to remove me, which will give themselves away. If they don't I will continue to strengthen the town, and effectively force them to GG.


Looking over the rules for the game, it looks like pardoner isn't going to play that much of an important role this game, its more of the mayor that we have to worry about. The mafia want to have the mayor role, and the only way they are going to get it safely is through their godfather. I think its probably safe to say that no "ordinary" mafia are going to be running for office.

I propose that we check the mayor on night one, (1-12), and then the other DT(s) 13-25 check town members, because Its important to check the mayor just to be safe, but I think checking the sheriff on the first night (potential gf risk), alot more information and more possiblities to set up town circles. Especially since its not critical if we lose the sheriff role to a godfather, because even if we do there would be no way to tell by simple DT chekcs.
One does not simply walk into mordor
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
March 10 2010 23:34 GMT
#240
Eet's AWNN!

I don't like the new citi.zen
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 395
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32393
Bisu 2996
Shuttle 1706
Hyuk 1335
EffOrt 722
Mini 686
Larva 340
Soma 276
ZerO 249
firebathero 244
[ Show more ]
Zeus 111
hero 100
Last 80
Sexy 66
Mong 48
Killer 44
Hyun 44
ToSsGirL 34
Pusan 33
PianO 31
Trap 29
Bale 28
Aegong 25
Hm[arnc] 24
sorry 19
zelot 14
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7634
qojqva1392
Dendi793
Counter-Strike
fl0m2319
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1280
crisheroes873
Liquid`Hasu588
Lowko467
Other Games
singsing2422
B2W.Neo1393
Beastyqt411
Livibee213
Hui .199
Liquid`VortiX166
ArmadaUGS100
KnowMe96
Mew2King90
elazer61
CosmosSc2 26
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV184
League of Legends
• Jankos1986
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 19m
INu's Battles
21h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.