• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:03
CEST 03:03
KST 10:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9329 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 89

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 180 Next
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
September 08 2011 20:12 GMT
#1761
I guess it's up to the discretion of the community. In this case I don't think neither people or me think it is necessary to forbid Kurumi from hosting- his ban would be almost over by the time Ace's game finishes anyhow.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 16 2011 05:05 GMT
#1762
I disagree with hostility as a player carrying over into hosting.
I am capable of making both normal and weird themed games, in both large or mini, and I find that to be an asset.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 18:29:51
September 16 2011 08:37 GMT
#1763
Edited out. Drunkness.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
September 19 2011 01:51 GMT
#1764
yay i (should be) unbanned
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
September 19 2011 22:02 GMT
#1765
This is a hard post for me to make. However, it has become glaringly obvious that my real life obligations now occupy so much of my time that I am no longer able to adequately moderate this thread. I simply don't have the time to visit TL on a regular basis any more, much less as often as is required during the dramatic ban discussion (which seems to happen about once every 3-4 months). The reason that I'm bringing this up in this manner is because I want the community to decide exactly how they want this forum to be run. If you feel you might be interested in running this thread or have an idea on how this thread should be managed, please post.

I'll find a way to make time this upcoming weekend and resolve everything pending in this thread right now, so there is a clean slate going forward, but that's the best I can offer. It's been a lot of fun, and I wish all of you the best.
Uff Da
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
September 19 2011 22:31 GMT
#1766
On September 20 2011 07:02 Qatol wrote:
This is a hard post for me to make. However, it has become glaringly obvious that my real life obligations now occupy so much of my time that I am no longer able to adequately moderate this thread. I simply don't have the time to visit TL on a regular basis any more, much less as often as is required during the dramatic ban discussion (which seems to happen about once every 3-4 months). The reason that I'm bringing this up in this manner is because I want the community to decide exactly how they want this forum to be run. If you feel you might be interested in running this thread or have an idea on how this thread should be managed, please post.

I'll find a way to make time this upcoming weekend and resolve everything pending in this thread right now, so there is a clean slate going forward, but that's the best I can offer. It's been a lot of fun, and I wish all of you the best.

;_;

Will you still occasionally haunt the mafia forums? It won't be quite the same without you...

Moderator
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
September 19 2011 22:53 GMT
#1767
Sad to see you go Qatol. Thanks so much for all the work you have contributed to the forum. You will always be welcome back!

Personally I would be happy if GM (if he were willing) would just step in and assume Qatol's duties. He has a passion for mafia and puts a lot of time into the forum. Along with that I approved of all the decisions he made recently about bans when Qatol was away.

So I would vote for GM as new banlist moderator.
Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
September 19 2011 23:36 GMT
#1768
"What the king dreams, his Hand builds."

We need a new Hand.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
September 19 2011 23:38 GMT
#1769
Hmmm, that's too bad Qatol I wish you luck in your future, and hope that maybe sometimes you'll find time to come back and visit us.

As for how we should move forward, I think that we need to address a couple of things.

A) Do we want to keep the ban list running similarly to how it is now?
B) Do we want the ban-list moderator to be a permanent position?
C) How many people do we want running the ban list?

Personally, I think the ban list works pretty well, so I wouldn't really modify it at all. Next, unless someone who rarely plays in mafia games wishes to take on a large part of the ban list, I feel that we will need at least two people running it, as many of the people active in the forum also play very often, and this would prevent any conflicts of interest that might arise. This also means that those two people would not be able to play together without getting a third person to moderate the ban list for that game. We should also have people volunteer to run the ban list, before we start randomly nominating or electing people, and should also let anyone who volunteers and is accepted by the community have a trial period, to feel out if they actually want to continue with the job or not. This is in case someone volunteers without thinking it through, and realizes that they don't really want to run the ban list, and so they won't be pressured to keep doing something they dislike.

That's my two cents.
you gotta dance
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
September 19 2011 23:45 GMT
#1770
I feel like the ban list is fine, as it is. And we have 1 trusted user maintain it as it is now, and keep track of all the current bans and what not. I'm thinking GM or anyone as active/dedicated/responsible as him. This person will make sure modkills sit out their games and hand out standard 1 game bans and warnings.

If a large piece of drama comes up involving a ban e.g BC in personality, Protactinium smurfing incident, Bill Murray. Then a small committee of pre decided people should make a decision, taking into account the opinion of the community as a whole. I'm thinking this should have 4 or 5 people.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
September 19 2011 23:48 GMT
#1771
also i am unbanned now OK
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
September 19 2011 23:49 GMT
#1772
sad to see you go qatol, thanks for all the hard work.
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
September 19 2011 23:53 GMT
#1773
Those are good points wiggles.

A) I am fine with the ban list running the same for how it is now

B) permanent is fine by me, but I would also be ok if we did elections every 6 months or something

C) Your point about being active in games is definitely true. Having multiple moderators prevents the the ban list from being stuck in limbo if 1 person goes on vacation. Also sometimes even if someone doesn't play in the game they may have close friends playing in it which would keep them from being unbiased. So I would suggest 2-3 people to run it.

Anyone who is interested in possibly helping out with the ban list should post saying so. And then everyone could vote on who they would like.
Moderator
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
September 20 2011 00:31 GMT
#1774
Take care Qatol.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
September 20 2011 00:54 GMT
#1775
Good luck, just started playing mafia here, but I'm impressed by the organization that you and other members have achieved. thanks for your hard work.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
September 20 2011 02:34 GMT
#1776
On September 20 2011 08:53 Mig wrote:
Those are good points wiggles.

A) I am fine with the ban list running the same for how it is now

B) permanent is fine by me, but I would also be ok if we did elections every 6 months or something

C) Your point about being active in games is definitely true. Having multiple moderators prevents the the ban list from being stuck in limbo if 1 person goes on vacation. Also sometimes even if someone doesn't play in the game they may have close friends playing in it which would keep them from being unbiased. So I would suggest 2-3 people to run it.

Anyone who is interested in possibly helping out with the ban list should post saying so. And then everyone could vote on who they would like.


This is a really really really good idea imo.
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-20 06:11:16
September 20 2011 06:10 GMT
#1777
xtfftc, Navillus, chaos13, and DoctorHelvetica have been modkilled.

As this is a first for xtfftc and Navillus and they asked in advance for replacements, I request a warning for them.

For chaos13 this has been the third time in a span of about a month that he has asked for replacement. I request a one game ban for him.

For DoctorHelvetica, this is the third game in a row that he has not finished. I request a one game ban for him as well.

I don't know either of their ban histories but assuming clean records that's what I'd propose.
wat
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
September 20 2011 11:48 GMT
#1778
So I heard someone wants to leave us...
Well Qatol, it is important to keep Your real life running the way it should. I appreciate everything You've done to this section of TL Forums. I hope everything will work out for You and we will get to play with - or at least talk - with You from time to time.
But yeah.
Mayor elections.
My vote goes on GMarshal.
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
September 20 2011 14:27 GMT
#1779
I think GMarshal is an ideal replacement as well, but shouldn't we wait to see if he wants the job first?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 20 2011 14:28 GMT
#1780
On September 20 2011 23:27 Zona wrote:
I think GMarshal is an ideal replacement as well, but shouldn't we wait to see if he wants the job first?


Nah, he doesn't actually get to choose.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE161
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
Sharp 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever570
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Doublelift4616
Counter-Strike
taco 304
Other Games
summit1g5918
JimRising 462
C9.Mang0347
ToD97
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• poizon28 40
• davetesta26
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.