• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5885 users

Pre-orders "outpaced" HotS - Page 2

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 03 2015 12:26 GMT
#21
Well I have a few friends that had no interest in HotS, who preordered LotV. In general the hype level for this game seems way higher than for HotS, with archon mode, coop missions and the way bigger multiplayer changes compared to HotS.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
weikor
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Austria580 Posts
November 03 2015 13:03 GMT
#22
i preordered becuase theres no difference in spending the money at release, or pre order. I just ended up with a hots hero, early beta access and a few prequel campaign missions.

Even though im not too happy with blizzards approach at balancing multiplayer, the game is still worth its money for the campaign / funmaps / allied commander and the casual 1on1.

JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 13:32:13
November 03 2015 13:28 GMT
#23
On November 03 2015 21:26 Musicus wrote:
Well I have a few friends that had no interest in HotS, who preordered LotV. In general the hype level for this game seems way higher than for HotS, with archon mode, coop missions and the way bigger multiplayer changes compared to HotS.


good points here.
ATVI in pulling every strategic lever in the book in order to drive up pre-orders.
it wasn't just ATVI's marketing muscle ... it was very careful thinking and solid execution of a marketing plan. 1 example, is the timing of the release of the 3 prologue missions.

shout out to ATVI and their marketing genius.

On November 03 2015 14:49 Dracover wrote:
I love this kind of stuff cause it tell you a lot of what they spend their money on.

So for every $1 you pay to them
32 cents is profit
32 cents is to actually produce what they're selling you
14 cents is to pay for the development of their next game
22 cents is marketing sales and other "company stuff"

or in other words
46 cents is for producing what your buying/what you might buy
54 cents is for stuff the customer doesn't value.

EDIT: If only you can see this buy product.


Blizzard transformed from Morhaime having to build his own desk into a company with 1000s of employees by spending 54% of their revenue on stuff their customer does not value.

reductio ad absurdum
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
November 03 2015 13:34 GMT
#24
On November 03 2015 14:39 ETisME wrote:
I wonder how many bought the game for early release of artanis in heroes of the storm

Haha, that's me! I play sc2 pretty casually and bought hots soon after release I think. I planned to do the same with lotv, but as I play a bit of heroes as well I figured I could just as well pre-order and get the hero.
BlackCompany
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany8388 Posts
November 03 2015 13:48 GMT
#25
Good to hear for Blizz and Sc2. I didnt pre-order because i am not sure yet if i want to spend 40€ just on the singleplayer. And i'll buy for campaign only, maybe i wait for some time and pick it up next year.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
November 03 2015 14:19 GMT
#26
I am curious how LotV pre-orders are doing in Korea.
T P Z sagi
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
November 03 2015 14:32 GMT
#27
I preordered because I want CE and once I was able to order it I ordered. Which reminds me it is time to find the payment and print it so they can give it to me

I haven't played the missions and I had the beta before. I will play missions the day before release and beta was lagging for me atrociously so I couldn't play it
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
November 03 2015 14:45 GMT
#28
Once again ATVI achieves better-than-expected results for Q3, as well as continuing to crush net revenues.

On November 03 2015 22:28 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 21:26 Musicus wrote:
Well I have a few friends that had no interest in HotS, who preordered LotV. In general the hype level for this game seems way higher than for HotS, with archon mode, coop missions and the way bigger multiplayer changes compared to HotS.

good points here.
ATVI in pulling every strategic lever in the book in order to drive up pre-orders.
it wasn't just ATVI's marketing muscle ... it was very careful thinking and solid execution of a marketing plan. 1 example, is the timing of the release of the 3 prologue missions.

shout out to ATVI and their marketing genius.


+1, they have done really well in marketing. The SC2 trilogy reminds me more and more of a cliche movie trilogy. The first is always good, not necessarily great. The second is meh but passable, and the third brings out all the stops and cements it's "Legacy"
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 14:55:52
November 03 2015 14:48 GMT
#29
in the Superman, Spiderman and Batman Begins trilogies it was #2 that was the best.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Pentarp
Profile Joined August 2015
227 Posts
November 03 2015 14:54 GMT
#30
The people (their wallets) have spoken!
Plogamer TL.net RedRocket B.net
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
November 03 2015 15:01 GMT
#31
On November 03 2015 23:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
in the Superman, Spiderman and Batman Begins trilogies it was #2 that was the best.

The Godfather Part II as well ^.
TL+ Member
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
November 03 2015 15:09 GMT
#32
all my friends aren't buying the game which is depressing. I only got it to complete the campaign...not sure if i'll play any multiplayer. I'm so bored with Hearthstone nowadays so it can't be worse.
@ggmonx
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
November 03 2015 15:44 GMT
#33
On November 04 2015 00:01 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 23:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
in the Superman, Spiderman and Batman Begins trilogies it was #2 that was the best.

The Godfather Part II as well ^.

I would add Terminator II and Aliens. Also Empire Strikes Back.

Not sure if these now applies as trilogies because someone ruined it by making more movies
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 15:58:33
November 03 2015 15:53 GMT
#34
I'm not buying it, shame to see it's not going to matter. At this point I can't help to feel like this is yet another instance that tells devs and publishers that once you have a good franchise, you can afford to get complacent with little negative impact on your sales figures.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 16:05:00
November 03 2015 16:03 GMT
#35
On November 04 2015 00:53 Djzapz wrote:
I'm not buying it, shame to see it's not going to matter. At this point I can't help to feel like this is yet another instance that tells devs and publishers that once you have a good franchise, you can afford to get complacent with little negative impact on your sales figures.


If you tell me they got complacent with HotS, I would agree, but LotV is on a completely different level. They put tons of new features, real multiplayer changes and a lot of work into the game.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
November 03 2015 16:09 GMT
#36
On November 03 2015 23:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
in the Superman, Spiderman and Batman Begins trilogies it was #2 that was the best.

So by that logic... Starcraft II > Starcraft 1?
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
Eviscerador
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain286 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 16:15:37
November 03 2015 16:12 GMT
#37
I will just say that all the money I have spent in Blizzard games has ALWAYS been money well spent. I don't mind what they do with my money, I don't mind if they waste it in hookers and coke or a new private jet for David Kim.

For all the hours of fun and joy they brought into my spare time, the hookers are all on me. Keep it coming.

I did preorder the game for two main reasons. One, to get access to the preorder missions. (I already got the beta when they released the preorder purchase) and to get access to Artanis in HotS. Considering the hours of play I enjoyed with artanis the release week, and the fun I had with the three pre campaing missions, I consider the preorder bonuses totally satisfying.

Now I'm waiting for a new campaign, more features and more balance updates.

I'm glad StarCraft 2 doesn't have hour counter like in Steam games... because it will surely show over 2 or 3 thousands.

Money well spent.

On November 04 2015 01:09 Brutaxilos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 23:48 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
in the Superman, Spiderman and Batman Begins trilogies it was #2 that was the best.

So by that logic... Starcraft II > Starcraft 1?

Well, if you are not a super korean mastermind, yes, Starcraft 2 is much better than Starcraft 1 at all levels. The only bad thing about Starcraft 2 is that the plot is much more brighter and it lost the dark of the original one.

But other than that, the campaign missions, the UI, the newbie help, the arcade, the MM, the graphics, the mechanics, everything is better.
A victorious warrior wins first, then goes to war. A defeated warrior goes to war and then seeks to win.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 16:24:21
November 03 2015 16:19 GMT
#38
On November 04 2015 01:03 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 00:53 Djzapz wrote:
I'm not buying it, shame to see it's not going to matter. At this point I can't help to feel like this is yet another instance that tells devs and publishers that once you have a good franchise, you can afford to get complacent with little negative impact on your sales figures.


If you tell me they got complacent with HotS, I would agree, but LotV is on a completely different level. They put tons of new features, real multiplayer changes and a lot of work into the game.

I think many of the new features were just conspicuously absent from the previous versions of the game. Adding them just made up for the previous shortcomings, including those of HotS. I'll say it's not hard to add features to a game which released years ago without chat, with an incredibly barebones custom games platform, without clans, without the ability to reconnect to games, without automated tournaments... without much, really. And the few innovative features that are coming up IMO don't make up for what I personally view as glaring design flaws that undermine the game. That being said, here is not the place to discuss those things in any more detail. It's just my personal opinion on this.

With how heavily criticized the game is, and with how much videogaming journalists have been talking about preordering is bad, it makes me sad that there are a lot of LotV preorders.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Fliparoni
Profile Joined February 2012
205 Posts
November 03 2015 16:22 GMT
#39
Preordered it. No particular reason pretty much other than the fact I want to play right at midnight when it goes live.
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-03 17:09:52
November 03 2015 17:08 GMT
#40
On November 04 2015 01:12 Eviscerador wrote:
Well, if you are not a super korean mastermind, yes, Starcraft 2 is much better than Starcraft 1 at all levels. The only bad thing about Starcraft 2 is that the plot is much more brighter and it lost the dark of the original one.

But other than that, the campaign missions, the UI, the newbie help, the arcade, the MM, the graphics, the mechanics, everything is better.


lmao. Everything relating to gameplay is MILES better in brood war ( I even started with Sc2 and switched to brood war after finding the former a massive disappointment). The arcade is horrible, can't even give a custom name to your game to give it some identity. MM = macro mechanics? Right.. everybody loves those. Brood war's graphics are even better than Sc2's. I'll elaborate:
- Sc2's graphics are shit on any setting other than ultra.
- Sc2's graphics are a cartoony mess, same with Sc2's models (infestors, vipers, protoss ball units or terran's flying shoes (liberator)).
- Brood war's graphics are always great (there's no settings)
- Brood war's models are vicious, creative, distinctive.

Sc2's sounds and voices are also a HUGE letdown.
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1023
ZombieGrub111
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 165
firebathero 81
910 45
Killer 27
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1787
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr76
Other Games
summit1g5520
Liquid`RaSZi5206
Beastyqt827
shahzam462
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe130
ArmadaUGS126
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC58
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream388
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV251
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie685
• Shiphtur321
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.