• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:38
CEST 06:38
KST 13:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9468 users

Thoughts on DH and LotV Economy - Page 3

Forum Index > Legacy of the Void
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
June 22 2015 13:11 GMT
#41
On June 22 2015 17:25 Dingodile wrote:
Did someone consider the power of mainbuilding? What do you think if we see a 8 base zerg vs 6 base terran game? Terran will abuse pretty hard with mules. Protoss with mass chronos. Zerg is pretty weak at it. I have said few years ago about that, mainbuilding are too important/powerful with their abilities in sc2. Hatcheries power are only strong until ~4 base.

Edit:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2015 10:47 bhfberserk wrote:
I would love to see 300 supply cap being tested. It would be really epic to see big armies clashing.

And 300/300 battles are as long as 200/200. More kaboom without seeing what happened like todays crime thriller cinema movies? No thanks. There is a reason why ~100 vs 100 supply fights are slightly longer than 200/200 (fights with +1 vs +1 or +2 vs +2 are longer than +3 vs +3 upgrades) and they are more entertaining to watch and play.

I think increasing supply cap has the right idea: allow for more workers, allowing for more bases. But, as you point out, it will in practice lead to larger armies as much as to more workers which isn't as desired.

I think a better fix could be to decrease supply of workers. Half supply workers anyone? Hmm? You could easily saturate 5 mining bases with less supply than you use for 3 today. It would have to come with decreased mining rate of course (like less minerals per worker cycle), we don't need 2x today income in any way. Decreased mining rate will slow down the economical inflation early game that is mostly independent of the supply of workers, which seems to be a generally desired property these days, in theory allowing for more harass etc. Not sure, what do you think?
BlackLilium
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland426 Posts
June 22 2015 16:54 GMT
#42
On June 22 2015 22:05 Cascade wrote:
I'll try to run simulations for DH8+lotv (people seem to favour DH8 these days), longer worker build time and 300 supply cap. Shouldn't be too hard I think, essentially just changing some parameters. It won't tell you how the gameplay will be ofc, but I think it says something about how rewarding extra bases will be, and you can see how the rate of exponential economy increase changes, which in turn affects how effective harass is. I think the last point with faster exponential growth giving less time for non-economy investment to pay back is essentially that super-long article thedwf wrote some time ago, correct? I never read it... Anyway, feel free to badger me if I dont get it done in a couple of days.


Since you are on it - you might want to have a look at "Improved Double Harvesting (2x3)" as well, which I published just moments ago. It takes the DH 2x4 model, but with a little bit more involved tricks reduces the gathering time, while maintaining the DH efficency curve. With the worker sitting less at the minerals, DH 2x3 results in an income being around 10% lower compared to Standard.
I plan to make an official thread in few days about this + some other changes I have been working on...
[MOD]Economy - Hot Mineral Harvesting
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
June 22 2015 22:58 GMT
#43
On June 23 2015 01:54 BlackLilium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2015 22:05 Cascade wrote:
I'll try to run simulations for DH8+lotv (people seem to favour DH8 these days), longer worker build time and 300 supply cap. Shouldn't be too hard I think, essentially just changing some parameters. It won't tell you how the gameplay will be ofc, but I think it says something about how rewarding extra bases will be, and you can see how the rate of exponential economy increase changes, which in turn affects how effective harass is. I think the last point with faster exponential growth giving less time for non-economy investment to pay back is essentially that super-long article thedwf wrote some time ago, correct? I never read it... Anyway, feel free to badger me if I dont get it done in a couple of days.


Since you are on it - you might want to have a look at "Improved Double Harvesting (2x3)" as well, which I published just moments ago. It takes the DH 2x4 model, but with a little bit more involved tricks reduces the gathering time, while maintaining the DH efficency curve. With the worker sitting less at the minerals, DH 2x3 results in an income being around 10% lower compared to Standard.
I plan to make an official thread in few days about this + some other changes I have been working on...

Can't find it, can you link me to it? I need the numbers for the income curve to simulate.
BlackLilium
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland426 Posts
June 23 2015 04:32 GMT
#44
On June 23 2015 07:58 Cascade wrote:
Can't find it, can you link me to it? I need the numbers for the income curve to simulate.

Forgot to say that I published it only in Europe region at the moment
[MOD]Economy - Hot Mineral Harvesting
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
June 23 2015 06:22 GMT
#45
On June 23 2015 13:32 BlackLilium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 07:58 Cascade wrote:
Can't find it, can you link me to it? I need the numbers for the income curve to simulate.

Forgot to say that I published it only in Europe region at the moment

Oh, published on arcade... I thought you posted it on TL.
Well, if you give me the income curve I can simulate it for you.
BlackLilium
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland426 Posts
June 23 2015 07:08 GMT
#46
On June 23 2015 15:22 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 13:32 BlackLilium wrote:
On June 23 2015 07:58 Cascade wrote:
Can't find it, can you link me to it? I need the numbers for the income curve to simulate.

Forgot to say that I published it only in Europe region at the moment

Oh, published on arcade... I thought you posted it on TL.
Well, if you give me the income curve I can simulate it for you.

It's an extension mod, not an arcade. You just launch any map you like and "create with mod"

I can give you the income curves I have - no problem - but I thought that the whole point of your experiment is to perform the measurements yourself?
[MOD]Economy - Hot Mineral Harvesting
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
June 23 2015 07:14 GMT
#47
On June 23 2015 16:08 BlackLilium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 15:22 Cascade wrote:
On June 23 2015 13:32 BlackLilium wrote:
On June 23 2015 07:58 Cascade wrote:
Can't find it, can you link me to it? I need the numbers for the income curve to simulate.

Forgot to say that I published it only in Europe region at the moment

Oh, published on arcade... I thought you posted it on TL.
Well, if you give me the income curve I can simulate it for you.

It's an extension mod, not an arcade. You just launch any map you like and "create with mod"

I can give you the income curves I have - no problem - but I thought that the whole point of your experiment is to perform the measurements yourself?

No, I've never done the income curves. I took them from Barrins spreadsheet.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 83
SortOf 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2333
Shinee 70
NotJumperer 15
Noble 12
Icarus 5
sorry 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1416
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft557
Other Games
summit1g7258
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft260
ArmadaUGS56
RuFF_SC230
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick926
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream402
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota297
League of Legends
• Lourlo1249
• Rush960
• Stunt291
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.