• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:19
CEST 05:19
KST 12:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9731 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 271 272 273 274 275 339 Next
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
July 25 2013 21:58 GMT
#5441
On July 26 2013 06:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 06:05 TheHumanSensation wrote:
So guys, justicar syndra sale.

But my RP is at 0.

Someone had a chain of RP-buying and using that ended up at 0 again.

Need

[image loading]


I... I'm so sorrry.
JazzVortical
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia1825 Posts
July 25 2013 21:59 GMT
#5442
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 22:05:34
July 25 2013 22:03 GMT
#5443
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

There are simply many better options for champions to get than Gunblade. It's a huge investment and you need to really benefit from both forms of vamp. The active is nice but no where worth it for the item cost.

Akali is really the only champion I'd actively advocate Gunblade on.

Edit: I missed that you mentioned Cass. She doesn't benefit from the AD or Lifesteal at all. wei2coolman covered the better options.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 25 2013 22:03 GMT
#5444
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

Gunblade on Cass. lol.
Get Spectral Wraith instead; or WotA if running double AP, if you really want the spellvamp..............
liftlift > tsm
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
July 25 2013 22:06 GMT
#5445
On July 26 2013 07:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

There are simply many better options for champions to get than Gunblade. It's a huge investment and you need to really benefit from both forms of vamp. The active is nice but no where worth it for the item cost.

Akali is really the only champion I'd actively advocate Gunblade on.


Poppy uses it extremely well. Jax and kayle can use the stats, but other items are just better. Probably a halfway decent item on a number of other champions, but those are the other big candidates I think
Porouscloud - NA LoL
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
July 25 2013 22:09 GMT
#5446
On July 25 2013 22:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
Would TL LoL be interested if I start doing a few IHs a week for lowbies. Full on tryhard with the intention of improving. For fun, per se, but it would be so users can some experience about a 5s settings. If you're bronze or silver and you end up laning against me (for example), it would be because you asked for it and wanted to learn how to lane better. There should be no raging post game, which is something that has consistently plagued TL IHs in the past. (oh, the amount of butthurt stories I've heard...)

Yango approached me about this a few days ago about how he felt sorry for some of you guys who have never gotten to LoL beyond solo queue.


I'd be in because playing with people with the same motivation behind it is much better than solo queue. Also, I need to learn a lot.

On July 25 2013 23:06 nojitosunrise wrote:
I was curious as to why LCS twitch viewership was kinda low (100k from the high of 250k). It seems people are migrating to azubu.



Twitch is having issues similar to what Riot is experiencing with various players. So, I believe people are using different services that don't randomly freeze and die on them. Also real time replaying is nice.(Azubu/Youtube)

also finally caught up to actually post stuff only 5 pages late. WOOOOOOO
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 25 2013 22:09 GMT
#5447
On July 26 2013 07:06 Amui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 07:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

There are simply many better options for champions to get than Gunblade. It's a huge investment and you need to really benefit from both forms of vamp. The active is nice but no where worth it for the item cost.

Akali is really the only champion I'd actively advocate Gunblade on.


Poppy uses it extremely well. Jax and kayle can use the stats, but other items are just better. Probably a halfway decent item on a number of other champions, but those are the other big candidates I think

I cannot speak for Poppy at all. Works for Jax if you somehow snowball ahead. I play Kayle and there are definitely better buys for your gold.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 25 2013 22:12 GMT
#5448
On July 26 2013 07:09 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 07:06 Amui wrote:
On July 26 2013 07:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

There are simply many better options for champions to get than Gunblade. It's a huge investment and you need to really benefit from both forms of vamp. The active is nice but no where worth it for the item cost.

Akali is really the only champion I'd actively advocate Gunblade on.


Poppy uses it extremely well. Jax and kayle can use the stats, but other items are just better. Probably a halfway decent item on a number of other champions, but those are the other big candidates I think

I cannot speak for Poppy at all. Works for Jax if you somehow snowball ahead. I play Kayle and there are definitely better buys for your gold.

I almost always disagree with Gunblade on Jax, because most situations BoRK is just better. Apparently, Shy likes to rush Sheen into Trinity Force first, but ever after that he gets Bork over Gunblade. There's not as much burst, but there's significantly more sustained damage and chase vs carries. And you can still get that strong early cutlass and build from it.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
July 25 2013 22:17 GMT
#5449
On July 26 2013 07:09 ketchup wrote:
also finally caught up to actually post stuff only 5 pages late. WOOOOOOO

LOL KETCHUP
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
JALbert
Profile Joined March 2011
United States484 Posts
July 25 2013 22:19 GMT
#5450
On July 26 2013 07:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

There are simply many better options for champions to get than Gunblade. It's a huge investment and you need to really benefit from both forms of vamp. The active is nice but no where worth it for the item cost.

Akali is really the only champion I'd actively advocate Gunblade on.

Edit: I missed that you mentioned Cass. She doesn't benefit from the AD or Lifesteal at all. wei2coolman covered the better options.



ForellenLord did work with Gunblade
on Ahri in the LCS. The active scales with Ap, so he bought it as a 4th item or so.
Stealing Nashor Podcast - http://stealingnashor.libsyn.com | Stupid build enthusiast
silencefc
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States875 Posts
July 25 2013 22:31 GMT
#5451
In that Top Instructional video Shy said he prefers Phage before Sheen for Tri. Was he lying to me?!?!
Slice like a goddamn hammer.
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
July 25 2013 22:36 GMT
#5452
On July 26 2013 07:19 JALbert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2013 07:03 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 26 2013 06:59 JazzVortical wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on the site and finally decided to take the leap and join officially. Starcraft 2 didn't do it for me unfortunately, so I moved onto league. Started playing it this year. I am enjoying it, but I'm just a lowly, lowly bronze player. I play on the Oceania server, mostly in the mid lane with a bit of support thrown in for good measure.

I have a question about Hextech Gunblade. Is it really that bad? I want to buy it on some champs that could use the active and spell vamp (e.g. Cass) but the rest of the stats are pretty much wasted. Is it a noob trap? Being a noob, I'm trying to avoid as many as possible.

There are simply many better options for champions to get than Gunblade. It's a huge investment and you need to really benefit from both forms of vamp. The active is nice but no where worth it for the item cost.

Akali is really the only champion I'd actively advocate Gunblade on.

Edit: I missed that you mentioned Cass. She doesn't benefit from the AD or Lifesteal at all. wei2coolman covered the better options.



ForellenLord did work with Gunblade
on Ahri in the LCS. The active scales with Ap, so he bought it as a 4th item or so.

He takes it quite often when ahead it seems. The spellvamp is actually broken with her W, i remember seeing go from 30 to 80% life healing on Baron :O
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 25 2013 22:58 GMT
#5453
I think the only time I ever raged when playing with TLers was when I was in TS and we were trying to get a game going in TROLLS and 4 people kept arguing about how leagues and LP worked.

I just wanted to play the game, lol.
jcc
Profile Joined January 2011
United States472 Posts
July 25 2013 23:01 GMT
#5454
Who else is still getting lag? These bursts of lag on the NA servers are super annoying zzzzz
http://broukej.cz/lol-signatures/GGod_na_103_4_logo.png
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
July 25 2013 23:07 GMT
#5455
On July 26 2013 07:31 silencefc wrote:
In that Top Instructional video Shy said he prefers Phage before Sheen for Tri. Was he lying to me?!?!

Matchup dependent I think
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-25 23:12:33
July 25 2013 23:11 GMT
#5456
Forellenlord building Gunblade on Ahri to abuse the shit out of the 'reload' on S3 Gunblade with FoxFire seemed really cute, as a "low cooldown DFG with a slow component."

It actually works extremely well on ARAM because Vamp has inflated value, as does the shorter cooldown nature of Gunblade over DFG.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
July 25 2013 23:17 GMT
#5457
Take AD + Hybrid Pen runes on AHri, builds the bilge for laning, then transition to ap and finish gunblade later

flawless.

Ego Ignaxio actually advocated something similar back in mid-S2 Kennen when the double Doran Blade build first surfaced as a superior alternative
TranslatorBaa!
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
July 25 2013 23:20 GMT
#5458
After messing with numbers, you could spend 5000 RP ($35) in the following manner:

5x 487 RP (975RP skin on sale)
1x 375 RP (750RP skin on sale)
2x 260 RP (520RP skin on sale)
2x 160 RP (2-win IP boost lol)
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 25 2013 23:20 GMT
#5459
Furries sticking together I see.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
July 25 2013 23:22 GMT
#5460
Jatt's favorite champ is Viktor. TL has achieved victory.
Prev 1 271 272 273 274 275 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 205
StarCraft: Brood War
Terrorterran 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1076
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Counter-Strike
taco 341
minikerr45
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King229
hungrybox120
Other Games
summit1g9262
Maynarde252
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick447
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 170
• Letter144
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo928
• Rush623
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.